3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nemesis 30.12.20 01:32 am

Endings (spoilers) (Life is Strange)

Well, Strange Life is over, there are two endings and they do not depend on your passage. But since the game focuses on the plot, I absolutely do not care about that. The endings turned out to be sincere, but the understatements still remained. There are a few undisclosed characters and connections. Nevertheless, the endings did not ruin anything, logically complete, everything is very cool. Some of the levels from the ending are straight Silent Hill reminded. It was scary. If the developers had enough eggs to make a horror movie out of the game, it would be an explosion of the head!
87 Comments
Sort by:
H
HocoG 30.12.20

Nemesis The
endings are cheap. At least with Chloe alive, where you just hit the road - the result of the solution is poorly shown, while at Chloe's funeral there is a whole slideshow and emotions. All this pushes for the fact that it would be right to save the city.

D
Dumpling of good 30.12.20

I will say to the current that the second day does not let go of the feeling that they had changed. Waited for another T_T

A
Antisocial 30.12.20

Hmm, the ending with saving Chloe turned out to be very weak. The ending with saving the city turned out to be much more interesting. In short, the developers, for some reason, could not pull the plot of the game to its logical conclusion and disclose all the questions, maybe there was not enough experience, maybe finance, I don't know ... In general, I liked the game, I was dissatisfied with only 2 things :
1. Naturally, the ending.
2. The decisions made during the game do not influence the plot in any way.

N
Nemesis 30.12.20

HocoG
with live Chloe, where you just hit the road - the result of the solution is shown poorly

Well, what result did you want? It is clearly clear that all the friends are dead. What is there to show? How do they get corpses and weep over them? For some reason, the

antisocial
developers could not pull the game's plot to its logical conclusion.

The completion is just logical, everything went to it and the plot was not spoiled even once. The final choice is really difficult.

and disclosure of all questions

And here I agree, there are still white spots, of which I am most interested in Samuel.
But given what the developers wanted to do for the second season, Samuel could well be a cross-cutting character, so xs.

In principle, everything suited me. This is a story game and it ended in a story, I don't have a bathhert due to the fact that the actions do not affect the ending. Better a written logical ending than options sewn with white thread, in order to take into account the choice of everyone. Take the same games from Tell Tail. Is there more choice? But in Life is Strange, although it was really possible to play, and not just watch.

I mean, yes, it could have been better, but what we have has never ruined the game. IMHO.

H
HocoG 30.12.20

Nemesis
It could be shown what happened next in this photo-slideshow,

UPD: I agree with what is written below, I am not disappointed with the ending and, in principle, I liked everything. But I can say without hesitation that the ending with the murdered Arcadia could have been denser.

A
Antisocial 30.12.20

Nemesis It is
clearly clear that all friends died.

Perhaps, but if we assume that people managed to escape, because the tornado did not fall every second. While he was advancing from the sea, it was possible to have enough time to leave; *)

The end is just logical, everything went to him and the plot was not spoiled even once.

I put it a little differently. The plot is logical, I'm just interested in "logic", or at least some explanation, for example, where Max got the ability to rewind time.

In principle, everything suited me.

Me, in principle, too. I did not regret at all that I passed this game.

I don’t have a bathhert due to the fact that the actions do not affect the ending. Better a written logical ending than options sewn with white thread to take into account the choice of everyone.

Yes, I also do not have any bathhert (as, for example, some have incentives: after the passage of the 5th episode, negative reviews and angry comments poured in the direction of the developers, because the majority after the 4th episode expected something grand in the 5th). As for the choice of solutions, I understand that it is impossible to take into account all possible combinations of solutions, but I would still like if there were at least some key choices that would affect the plot and the end - it would be more interesting.

I mean, yes, it could have been better, but what we have has never ruined the game.

I agree with that.

N
Nemesis 30.12.20

Antisocial
Mystical stories should not reveal all their secrets - otherwise they will lose their mystical note)) Moreover, the way Max got her powers essentially does not affect anything. This is simply a fantastic plot condition for the beginning of events. For example, I'm more interested in how Samuel knew so much what his role was and it's a pity that they did not develop the ghost deer trick.

H
HocoG 30.12.20

Nemesis
Well, how to say, developed a little. The ghost deer, like the two moons, is the divergence of the timelines that are in the game. The ghostly deer and his absence is the dead Chloe.

A
Antisocial 30.12.20

I found a post of one dude on the forum in the incentive, his thoughts seemed quite interesting to me:
Spoiler Well ... here's how "I" saw it .... I'm sure I'm wrong - but still =))))
butterfly is spirit. The kind spirit that witnessed the death of Chloe ... Taking pity on the girl, he decides to help her in that way. who can come up with, namely - gives Max the ability to go back in time. I also had thoughts. that the butterfly is not just a spirit, but Chloe's guardian spirit ... Then it is clear why he cared so much about her.
Also the site
http://www.symbolarium.ru/index.php/%C1%E0%E1%EE%F7%EA%E0
tells us that the butterfly is a symbol of the cycle of death and rebirth, that I associate lyncho with the passage of time ... Perhaps this is the reason that Max received precisely the power to change the past, and not some another.

Etc. The spirit did not take into account that this event would pay such attention to the world around us: it is even possible that death, as such, was angry with Chloe, and with her spirit - the guardian, and with Max - and, deciding to punish them, helped (or simply - did not prevent) changes to occur in the world that came to a tornado. Accordingly, a storm is not the beginning of the end of the world ... But an angry death, which. not having received one soul, he is going to punish the spirits of the city - and kill many already.

Actually, the ending in this case may already look different: do we agree to give Death to Chloe - and thus upset her guardian spirit ...
Or we give the whole city - and then the butterfly does not appear. But then a deer appears .... Or rather, a deer, a deer and a fawn.
Right here: look, please. This moment is at 6:54.

YouTube â„¢ Video: Life is Strange Episode 5 Both Endings All Sacrifice Chloe & Save Arcadia Bay Polarized
When I played the first episodes, it occurred to me that the deer was Max's guardian spirit. Also, if you believe the same site:

http://www.symbolarium.ru/index.php/%D0%9E%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8C

-The deer is a symbol of life and renewal. Plus, in favor of that. that this is a spirit, one moment from Max's dream speaks at the very end. - do you remember he showed us one of the doors?
Plus, it is possible that at that moment he seemed to let us understand: which of the paths is the path to salvation and life.

Accordingly, the scene at 6:54 hints to us that nothing is over yet: death has completed its affairs - and a new life comes to replace it. After all, not only a deer appears to us, which, as it were, appears in the swarm of the father - but also a deer - a mother, and a child - a fawn ...
Also, the butterfly is a direct reference to the idea of ​​the "butterfly effect": the book and film of the same name were very popular at one time, and the term "butterfly effect" in "chaos theory" (which, by the way, is directly mentioned in the game) means that- something like "minor changes in the initial state of the system sometimes lead to significant changes in the development of this very system." if you want more details about this - then here:

http://ru.science.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%AD%D1%84%D1%84%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82_%D0 % B1% D0% B0% D0% B1% D0% BE% D1% 87% D0% BA% D0% B8

For my taste it is pretty good written about the chaos theory itself ... if you have time and desire to delve into it.
And I also like the idea of ​​perfume more than the idea of ​​dry and boring chaos theory .... Although no one bothers to combine them! ^ _ ^

d
denisyfrolov 30.12.20

Nemesis
How did they not develop that? At the end of the 4th episode, it became clear that this was Rachel's type of soul and she was guiding them to where her body lies.

d
denisyfrolov 30.12.20

Antisocial
And in my opinion it's pretty stupid. All this garbage with ghosts and deaths is completely useless, because in itself Chaos Theory is grand and much more interesting and complex. Isn't the scientific and logical justification of fate impressive?) And at the same time, all these cataclysms are easily combined with the classic example of the same Butterfly Effect, when the flap of its wing causes a hurricane. In fact, there is a mathematically grounded and calculated model, which, as it were, hints that this is not such a fantasy. In this model, they tried to see how minor changes in a long chain of cause-and-effect relationships in practice will reveal the principle of the very Butterfly Effect, but they got what they did not expect. The model in the long term extinguished those very changes and always returned to the original plan. That is, this model is a projection of time, which, using the LIS as an example, with each attempt by Max to prevent events that should happen - happen, begins to rebel more and more, until eventually it returns events to their places. In general, the physics and mathematics of time is extremely interesting even without mysticism.

N
Nighthawkreal 30.12.20

Hmm, for me in the game there should have been only one ending, the second might not have been done. I think everyone understands what I mean.
Of course, I would like to see the consequences of the elections - for example, the result of the relationship with Victoria or Warren. But here they did not pull many options, and besides, a paradox emerged - the most logical outcome cancels all decisions.
By the way, I'm more interested not in HOW Max got the strength, but WHY? Everything that happens seemed to be a lesson for her - at first she is given power, but the case of Kate shows that you cannot rely on this power all the time. Then it turns out that she can influence events - but you have to pay a terrible price. And finally, the cruellest lesson is the choice between a loved one and the whole city, where there are still many good people. Or maybe it was all someone's gift to Max so that she could spend time and say goodbye to Chloe, otherwise she would have lost her after five years of absence.

N
Nemesis 30.12.20

denisyfrolov
All this garbage with spirits and deaths is completely useless, because Chaos Theory itself is grand and much more interesting and complex.

Well, actually, the hurricane in the game is explained by the theory of chaos, not spirits. The perfume is there for a mystical hue and there are very few of them.

NightHawkreal
Hmm, for me there should have been only one ending in the game, the second might not have been done. I think everyone understands what I mean.

Or maybe the other way around? Maybe Max should have understood that you cannot constantly correct everything, but learn to live with the results of your actions? For this, just the other ending is perfect.

N
Nighthawkreal 30.12.20

Nemesis
Do you think they could live after that (or rather with this), especially Chloe?

PS
It is the TA ending that shows what corrections and an attempt to cling to the past lead to.

d
denisyfrolov 30.12.20

Nemesis
No, I'm talking about the description of Antisocial, I have no complaints about the plot of the game, there really is everything in moderation.

A
AlexSchepa 30.12.20

Disappointed. Firstly, so many times to save the blue in order to return to the beginning at the end and let her die (although this version was the most likely in the discussion). This is almost the same as if at the end of the book Harry Potter woke up in his closet under the stairs. 2 endings, both of which cannot be called good. Much not disclosed. Again, the moronic ending where you save Chloe. People sat straight in the houses and waited for them to be demolished, but the authorities did not even exist: after they left, nobody seemed to be demolished, but the whole continent. Moreover, the town is small, almost everyone could be saved. About the ending with the salvation of the city. How will Max live with this? After all, for her it became the most dear person. And she looked much better at the funeral than when she left the dead city. And why did all these people come to the blue's funeral? Okay, parents and Max, what about the rest? Especially Victoria. Did the developers just decide to put them together? In short, I didn't like it, but it's better than the mass effect. The game is great though. My opinion is purely subjective.

N
Nighthawkreal 30.12.20

AlexSchepa
Obviously to prove Nathan was wrong. ))) Chloe's death triggered a chain of events, who knows how it affected Victoria? And with steel ones it's even easier - Kate would go to anyone, Warren went for Max.

I think it's easier to live with than with the alternative.

As I understand it, the tornado came from nowhere, just like snow in the middle of a hot day or the second moon, no one had time to recover.

d
denisyfrolov 30.12.20

NightHawkreal
In general, tornadoes are so dangerous precisely because of their unpredictability, even now meteorologists cannot predict exactly where and when it will appear. The formation of the funnel can be fixed almost a few minutes before it touches the ground. In fact, a tornado kills so many people in the US precisely because it cannot be predicted and predicted with sufficient accuracy, so everything is 100% correct. Especially in areas like Oregon, where tornadoes are relatively rare. It is impossible to evacuate even a small town in 10 minutes, and people there build their own shelters. In this regard, earthquakes, for example, are much more predictable and lend themselves to much more accurate prediction for many hours and even days, if, of course, they are awaited and the state of the plates is monitored .. however, even with it, it is rarely possible to evacuate everyone.

A
Antisocial 30.12.20

What surprises me in this whole tornado story, why didn't Max warn anyone about it? (That woman at the cafe does not count, because there was a choice to say / not to say). I do not mean that it was necessary to inform every resident, but the town is small, you could just spread a rumor, and the residents would be partly ready. What seemed silly to me that a tornado would hit the city at the end of the week, and Max and Chloe calmly swim in the pool, shoot at the banks in the dump. It is clear that this is just a game, but still ...

P
Pirate of the 21st centur 30.12.20

I am not very happy with such endings, perhaps because they were read from episode 2-3 and the "WOW" effect did not happen.
As the game was released, people had a lot of theories and it is a pity that the developers took the simplest path, especially since the release interval between episodes was 2-3 months.
The elections, as well as in the games of tails, in the end had practically nothing to do with anything, because either everyone dies, or only Chloe dies, and the rest seems to be nothing. Therefore, the opinion arises that the game is prolonged, with such endings, the most optimal 2-3 episodes for 4 hours each.
If the first ending with the victim of Chloe is somehow logical and staged, then the second, where the city is destroyed, is made on *****. Well, how is that ?! Why did the heroines not go to look for survivors ?! There were Kate, Victoria, Chloe's family, Warren ?! Silly and boring.
As Comrade IV Stalin said: "The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." Think for yourself, decide for yourself.
As a result, I bet 7/10 for the whole game. For such a plot and such endings, it's even good that the game was released not entirely and at once, but in parts. Otherwise, the interest would be less, there were no theories and, accordingly, the estimates would be lower.