3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nemesis 30.12.20 01:32 am

Endings (spoilers) (Life is Strange)

Well, Strange Life is over, there are two endings and they do not depend on your passage. But since the game focuses on the plot, I absolutely do not care about that. The endings turned out to be sincere, but the understatements still remained. There are a few undisclosed characters and connections. Nevertheless, the endings did not ruin anything, logically complete, everything is very cool. Some of the levels from the ending are straight Silent Hill reminded. It was scary. If the developers had enough eggs to make a horror movie out of the game, it would be an explosion of the head!
87 Comments
Sort by:
w
wishedbobcat 30.12.20

an interesting ending, this is when you have not seen the other, this is the point of the ending, that you should not know what would have happened with a different choice

B
BorderZone - Borderland 30.12.20

Passed just now. In fact, the endings finally confirm the character of Max. Either pay the price and no longer use the power, or - even though the grass does not grow, no matter the consequences, ride with a friend in a pickup truck. The key point to understand in the episode is Max's conversation with herself (well, or Max from an alternate reality, whatever you like). There, in fact, it says in plain text that with Chloe, she's worn too much and has already done things.

Well, the game itself is good. I was not really disappointed with the endings, but I was hooked less than the same ending of the walking season 2 (which I did not expect).

t
trustedSunbro 30.12.20

Left with his cute nafig out of town, perfect ending. : 3

b
bubo.bons 30.12.20

Igor Litus
Out of nothing to do, I decided to read what someone writes, many write about an unlogical or incorrect ending if you sacrifice chloe and save the city, but how then everyone they knew and others, their lives, their fates, relatives, friends, on the contrary, it seems to me that the ending with the rescue of Chloe and the destruction of the city is no longer logical, since it turns out that, yes, they saved a friend and all that, but they let the whole city with a lot of good people die, somehow the price is expensive and Chloe seems to me so, having survived all this crap, realized her value and wasted past 5 years, we will remember her from the first episode and at the moment of resentment at max when answering a call, keith hisism is pure and simple for everyone. and in plain text hinted to Max that she was better alone than everyone else, but sadly sad, but for a reason, she talked about her mission and about revenge for Rachel and about her mother and others, and about the confidence in the correct choice of max and so on. who has any thoughts

N
Nighthawkreal 30.12.20

bubo.bons
Only at the end Chloe says something completely different, understands how much mother means to her and for the first time calls David a father.

S
Serafim_94 30.12.20

I'm wondering, who wanted to kill Chloe so badly?

The hurricane could have been attributed to a manifestation of time travel, if not for the nightmare section at the end of the episode. It's pretty safe to say that this nightmare does not belong to Max herself. And the whole section is aimed at conveying one simple thought - the need to kill Chloe. And if Chloe really dies, the hurricane will magically disappear, even though it all happens in the REGULAR alternative branch. I would say that it was she - or rather, her life - that caused the hurricane.

In addition, Chloe manages to die consistently once per episode - or even two. One could chalk it up to the diagram from the Destination Point - it just has to die, by any means. But the presence of spirits, the presence of too much knowing Samuel and the artificial nature of the nightmare makes one think that someone purposefully tried to kill Chloe. To know who else.

N
Nighthawkreal 30.12.20

Serafim_94
I don’t know, the nightmare is just quite personal, if you carefully look and listen, you will notice that there are things everywhere that Max scares or that are disgusting to her. And Max hints at a conversation with himself, or rather his topic, in one of his comments ...

And in general, I think that the game came out in vain as episodes.

H
HocoG 30.12.20

All that separates Chloe from death is Max's cowardice, because to save her, Max had to rewind and go back in time when she could just stand up between Nathan and Chloe

P
Porter92 30.12.20

HocoG
And nothing would change. It's Chloe's destiny to die that day in that closet at the hands of Nathan. If this does not happen, then fate / universe / your option will compensate for this misunderstanding by destroying the city with a tornado.

H
HocoG 30.12.20

Porter92
This is how you look - it all started with the fact that time was rewound. If she intervened immediately, nothing would have happened. And here's another hole - if time rewind activates a tornado, then even if Max did not intervene, the damage was already done, because she used the same rewind power to go back and do nothing.

d
denesco 30.12.20

in this scenario, an extra hurricane. If everyone in life made a choice that fate would not have foreseen, humanity would no longer exist. It was always like this - what choice, such and the consequences, and then the hurricane was tied with tape to the script and the type of drama turned out ... The game should have ended on the plane, if the writers had not decided not to pull the rubber.

U
Ubisoft quality mark 30.12.20

Spoiler As for me, both endings are obvious.

d
dummer 30.12.20

Max gets the ability at the moment of her friend's death in the toilet and for the rest of the game, in fact, she is trying to save this friend. As a result, we find out in the finale that it is impossible to save Chloe (the option with the destruction of the city should not be considered as idiotic at all.), She will die anyway. Yes, yes, fate and so on, but what is the point then? Why all this if we have not changed anything? Chloe's tearful monologue at the end, as an explanation, didn't impress me. We gave Max the ability for the heroine to save her friend, but no matter how hard she tries, she will not. He can, of course, cut out the whole city in return, but to hell with such a heroine and such friendship.
In general, the game is excellent, of course. But from the finale there was a feeling that I was ** fucked.
I admit the thought that I am an idiot who does not understand the philosophical subtleties, then explain to me the essence, someone?)

c
caliskan 30.12.20

The ending was disappointing. It ended very predictably and corny. In episode 3, they followed the path of the Butterfly Effect, in episode 4 they seemed to return to their path, but in 5 they returned to the butterfly again. Fans came up with a bunch of endings that were better, but the developed ones gave us the most boring ones. Nothing in past episodes affects them. It would be fine if these endings were one of 4 or 6. There would be, for example, an ending where everyone is safe and sound, or a hero would be introduced who would give Max these abilities for some purpose. They could have made Jefferson a more interesting hero who would be aware of Max's abilities. But they just give us fanfic about the Butterfly Effect. Very sorry. Telltails made an excellent Borda ending, and Dontnot merged Life. I thought it would be the other way around.

7 look 30.12.20

But what about the beginning of the very first episode? Tornado vision, lighthouse destruction. Where does this come from, since the chain has not been launched yet? The developers caught up with mystics and mysteries, but in the end they decided not to bother with trifles.

K
Kageri sendou 30.12.20

Very banal and stupid endings, I expected more.

J
Jost13 30.12.20

The final choice is so banal that I predicted it at the end of episode 1. And in general, they too wanted to break through on emotions, but it turned out to be crap (if you think about the endings), real crap.

Did people just sit at home and wait for the tornado to reach the city? REALLY? Or did they not see the tornado start? In fact, the United States regularly suffers from such phenomena and people there have already been taught how to quickly evacuate and utilities are not at all idiots, but the developers do not care about it, only emotions are important. They wanted it like in TWD, when the tears went by themselves, although you don't want it, but it turned out somehow too bland.

A bunch of characters were simply lost, because half of them we stupidly won't see in episode 5, that is, absolutely nothing, just a glimpse in one ending. No dialogue, no choices from previous episodes of NI-CH-E-G-O. So go as you want, at least roll your face on the keyboard during the elections in the game.

Remember those beautiful stories about Rachel Amber? I think you remember, BECAUSE IT IS SPEAKED OF CONSTANTLY, constantly out of place or out of place. I thought at least to see her in Max's nightmares, at least I understand what is so unique about her ... do you think I saw? Hahahaha

Yes, and I doubt that it was precisely because Chloe did not die that all this began, they simply dragged it in in order to squeeze out a tear. After all, it could have been done much easier - you move to the toilet (where it all started), get out of there, stop Chloe - PROFIT, YOU ARE GREAT. She is alive, everyone is alive, there is no need to rewind time, calmly surrender Jefferson and Nathan and voila, but nooo, the developers are again trying to squeeze out a tear. It's so cheap, when they try to put pressure on emotions in such an illogical way, it's just mediocre.

The game had huge potential, it could become a kind of "Butterfly Effect" among games and come out on a par with the film, but ... no. The fifth episode wasted all the suspense of the previous parts. Everything is too banal and predictable, well, seriously.

Developers jumped over their heads and could not adequately finish their game. Apparently all the forces were thrown at the beginning and middle, and after that they did not take out the tone that they themselves set.

Therefore, the verdict: The beginning is good, atmospheric, stylish. Until episode 4, the game does not grow sickly, and then sharply surrenders. In general - I played, passed, forgot a day later ... unfortunately.

PS but the music in the game is good, a couple of songs entered the playlist)

R
Reddington1371 30.12.20

I was expecting to see Rachel Amber alive, as in the text messages it came from her that I'll see you soon. Lots of unspoken, Perhaps the second season will be about Rachel. And so it seems like he was happy with his choice and Chloe realized that she was selfish. I thought that something would be more epic to tears, but it will do. Damn, they all finished in cold blood ...

R
Ripper man 30.12.20

sherlock1371
"see you soon" - meaning: "in the next world".

I've destroyed the city to hell and I don't want to see the second ending. Chloe and I dashed off into the distance to an unknown future, having behind our fragile shoulders huge grounds for eternal friendship. A sort of alternative to Bonnie and Clyde (Max and Chloe). After all, Max's goal is to save Chloe at any cost. And those who wanted to escape the tornado - they were saved, not blind after all.

O
OffColorJoke 30.12.20

A very strange ending where Chloe is allowed to die because by some magic, apart from Nathan, Jeffeson is also arrested, but after all, Max who allowed Chloe to die did not investigate and does not know anything about it, and as far as I understand, Max who continues to live in the interval between the corrected event and the date of dispatch does not remember anything and does not have any forces.
Another oddity with Maniac Jefferson, it feels like he was stuck at the last moment, tk. in the Alternate Universe where Chloe's Father did not die, Max and All of the students are shown as happy wtch Kate, but if Jefferson was a Maniac, then Kate would have suffered anyway.

In general, there are many strange incomplete moments, the meeting of the Director and Jefferson on the road, the Knowing Samuel, the Shelter is resistant to Tornadoes, etc.