3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GTAman 11.01.21 11:29 am

Your attitude to Russian voice acting, if it were (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Previous part
111 Comments
Sort by:
s
selfboil 11.01.21

No, thanks. All the salt will be lost. Black slang cannot be literally translated without loss. How to voice the Rednecks? The GTA series has always made fun of various representatives of the multinational, multiconfessional culture of the United States, which has no analogues in the Russian language. Learn English, it will not be superfluous.

S
Sir.Rumata 11.01.21

Go to Steam on the page of any GTA, and look what kind of voice acting there is. She is alone, always. All other languages ​​of the world are translated only into subtitles. For GTA, there is only one voice acting - English. Rocky prohibits re-dubbing the game in any form. And this is good.

k
kriptonec 11.01.21

It would be possible to add those same subtitles to the mouths of the characters and everything, roughly speaking, would not be a big deal! It would be much easier!

V
Victor 11.01.21

Nafig, nafig. Actually there are two reasons. Firstly, 1SS will take over the voice acting explicitly, and their voice acting is, as a rule, a trash one. And secondly, they will certainly make it impossible to choose subwoofers and original voice acting, which means that those who do not read by syllables and appreciate the good acting of the actors will most likely have to play either a pirate reassembled or completely in English.

No, if they were guaranteed to give the opportunity to choose Russian subwoofers and original voice acting, then I would absolutely not care about the Russian voice acting. But it will be the same as always, so nafig, nafig.

C
Carbon8909 11.01.21

No. Voice acting is not required in GTA V. The result is the same as in the first Mass Effect. No full localization can surpass the original (for the reason that there is untranslatable slang, etc.)

s
simpson747 11.01.21

Farkrai the third was voiced normally. It is stressful to read subs during the chase, and not everyone understands English by ear.

m
mr.Vladimir 11.01.21

Voice acting is not needed! Although I play games, but I will soon have a child and I would not want a wild mat in the room)))

simpson747
in edge 3 headlights is unrealistic to play without headphones at all)))

M
M-Audio 11.01.21

voice acting would be nice, it's hard to ride and read at the same time

B
Blue185 11.01.21

that's why they were so lazy to completely translate the game into Russian (while I found 1 mission for Trevor where a dude talks in Russian (mission on catching illegal immigrants)) ... I heard Russian speech with an accent and immediately felt sad that not all conversations were at least this way ( ((

selfboil
you finally from where? black slang cannot be translated ???? Insert into theirs through the word fak and maze fak narmalnye Russian mats so immediately laughter and clarity will appear in the conversation!))

m
meagarry 11.01.21

For those in the tank, the game is not dubbed, not because it is lazy or expensive. The politics of rock is this - the game is only in English. It is correct. Voice acting is definitely not needed. Let me know English badly and constantly have to read. But the original voice acting is just superb and only adds to the amazing atmosphere. All three characters are simply pleasant to listen to, although you don't understand half of them. Russian voice acting would ruin everything ...

m
mr.Vladimir 11.01.21

nigger, no one can voice in Russian ... this style is unique

e
exgroover 11.01.21

By the way, an example of how to spoil the atmosphere with Russian voice acting can be heard in Watch Dogs. The English voice acting there is gorgeous, and the Russian dull shit. So they also transferred pedestrians, though not all of them, and it turned out that most of the inhabitants of Chicago speak Russian. And 1C has the rights to publish GTA 5 in Russia, so imagine what kind of voice acting it would be.

P
PaXa_ 11.01.21

It seems to me that Russian voice acting will ruin the atmosphere of America, as my friend says "It will ruin the atmosphere of niggas from Grove Street" I think it would be better without Russian voice acting, let's leave the atmosphere of American gangsterism)

j
jorik69 11.01.21

everyone here is stupid or what ?! Yes, for Christ's sake, you read Dickens and Hugo in the original, who forbids you, nah? However, there is also a translation of these works. The cinema is the same, there is the original, there is sign translation, and there is a professional dubbing. Someone will say - this is a classic, there is no profanity ... Of course, professional voice acting is rarely met in porono. But in the 80-90s, it was even very normal to watch "erotica" with the voice acting-translation of the Goblin !.
As for the GTA-shki, then either watch the road or read the credits and I don't give a fuck what intonation there is in the original voice acting, when I don't know the mission goals and get them along the way!

N
Nikined 11.01.21

jorik69
then either look at the road or read the credits
Yes, you can not read if you can not. I read the assignment (it is usually given immediately) and went to carry it out. Game is not a book or a movie

e
exgroover 11.01.21

jorik69
By the way, I agree that the goblin's voice acting would look good in GTA, but he just won't pull such a colossus. This is not a film for you to translate. Fact: there are 80,000 dialogues in the game (the number of words can be safely multiplied by 10), for comparison in the first Harry Potter there are 77,000 words. So if you remember the words from Bad Santa in the translation of the goblin: "Dream in one hand, and shri in the other, and see which one will fill up faster."

W
WWQ 11.01.21

I read somewhere that ROCKY is not specifically allowed to change the original voice acting in order to preserve the atmosphere.

C
Carbon8909 11.01.21

meagarry
I can't disagree here!
mr.Vladimir
Undoubtedly ...

B
Brian griffin 11.01.21

These schoolchildren, who have not learned English and do not have time to read Russian, are always hindered by something. If you want to read what to do next, go to the menu and read the log.

K
Kuzko 11.01.21

Negative, because if they want to play foreign games, let them learn English. I myself play in a purely English version without subtitles (and in all games not only GTA 5)