3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 13.03.21 12:51 am

HDD crash after installing the game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Installing the game on Win.7 x64
- C (Windows) SSD (240 GB) -> on E (games) HDD (320 GB)
1. Installed the game (repack, v.1.05), played, deleted it.
2. Installing the game (repack v.1.21 with DLC) - it is not installed, after a while the installation failed window pops up.
3. I start checking the system and find out that the HDD write speed has dropped to 5 MB / s (instead of the initial 120 MB / s). I conclude that the HDD that worked for 2 years is dead.
- other games work fine (HDD read speed = 150 MB / s)
4. I bought a new HDD (500 GB). Write speed = 150 MB / s.
5. I installed the game (repack v.1.21 with DLC), played it, deleted it.
6. I decided to play again, install the game (repack v.1.21 with DLC) - it is not installed, after a while the installation failed window pops up (Unarc.dll returned error code: -11).
- other games work fine (HDD read speed = 150 MB / s)
7. I start checking the system and find out that the HDD write speed (500 GB) has dropped to 5 MB / s (instead of the initial 150 MB / s).
8. I check the system for viruses (with a separate control SSD with Kaspersky) and detect a Trojan on (SSD 240 GB) C Program Files (x86) Common Files Microsoft Windows taskhost.exe
- remove the virus and HDD write speed (500 GB) recoverable up to 150 MB / s.
- hence the HDD (320 GB) is normal.

Has anyone had something similar with the game The Witcher 3?
89 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 13.03.21

Kraicher
I did not test pirated assemblies - I made an image using MediaCreationTool and installed a "naive" one from it. I will not say that it is absolutely bad, but there was no "wow" effect either - until I saw a reason for myself to "get off" from the 7-ki.
I'll wait for the end of July - to see what happens when the year of free updates ends and the small ones release (if they release) a major (in their words) update. I see no reason to rush - only Warp and his ilk are running around with 10 like a mother hen with chickens, the rest will start moving when necessary.

S
SwedovSandr 13.03.21

Alex Coachman wrote:
It is a pity that not permanently tough was killed. I deserve it for good. I would cram a virus that burns the motherboard into every repack with the Witcher.
Alex Coachman I
absolutely agree with you))) at least wait and start to minus.
Damn, SUCH A GREAT GAME. Constant discounts ... and they are pumping some kind of repvaks. They found money for the new HDD, but it's a pity for a really good game of money ... There are simply no words ................. ..

M
Morgan yu 13.03.21

Kraicher
Nod32 for fighting viruses in RAM, and Cureit helped me the best

M
Morgan yu 13.03.21

vftor
Then Cureit to help, if that does not help Nod. You can also try AVG, and after you clean it up, use TuneUp.

V
Vedge_Antilles 13.03.21

I've been using Nod32 Eset Smart Security all my life and have never regretted it. Virus torrents are stopped at the download stage. And it won't let you into malicious sites. And I saw your vaunted kasperich in hell. Installed once on his head, he still has hemorrhoids, everywhere he sticks his snout where it is not needed nafig. And then I did not want to leave. And the resources are eaten by the computer, not a single virus can do this (((

S
SwedovSandr 13.03.21

vftor Have
you tried to use Dr.Web? Personally, in 7 years, he has never let me down.

K
Kraicher 13.03.21

Georgy Revera
So I advised Dr. Cureit seeks out what others don't find. And Malver is both for testing, and as an anti-virus, and moreover does not interfere with the main anti-virus.
Vedge_Antilles what he wrote about Casper, it was all in 2009. Now he does not climb anywhere, does not load the system, but he does not catch everything, like all antiviruses.

v
vftor 13.03.21

SwedovSandr
I have already said that I think Casper is the best antivirus program . I saw it in the rating of antivirus programs: in 1st place - American (I don't remember the name), and in 2nd - Casper, working for Russia. So, for me, Casper is in 1st place. Well, of course, not for a weak computer.

K
Kraicher 13.03.21

SonyK.
I'm not in a hurry either, and I will also wait for more Win10 updates.