3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Corydoras 27.04.21 11:04 pm

Fair pvp. Poll (Diablo 2)

Today, with some regularity, tournaments are held according to the rules of fair pvp with prize rewards for the winners.
But there are not as many people willing to participate in the tournament as we would like. In this regard, a poll is being conducted in this topic, literally:
"What prevents me from registering and participating in the fair pvp tournament?"
Some of the possible answers:
* I don’t have time
* I don’t have fair pvp experience
* Know beforehand that I’ll lose
* I don’t like fair pvp rules
* I would go to tournaments if they were held faster (I don’t like the organization)
* I not interesting because there is no balance between the characters
* I am not happy with the prize pool
* I have suspicions that opponents are using prohibited programs
* My own version

Let me remind you that the "passivity" of players in fair pvp is the player's choice of his tactics of the game, you cannot impose on the player to play aggressively. Each player, creating a character, has already chosen a style of play for himself in advance. And each character class has a different degree of attack / attack capabilities - some are strong in attack, and some in a defensive style. Mana pool also affects.
112 Comments
Sort by:
M
MOWHOCTu 27.04.21

Corydoras wrote:
"What prevents me from registering and participating in the fair pvp tournament?"
Corydoras wrote:
"passivity" of players on fair pvp
Something like that)

G
Greenaa Morningstar 27.04.21

Let me remind you that the "passivity" of players in fair pvp is the player's choice of his tactics of the game, you cannot force the player to play aggressively. Each player, creating a character, has already chosen a style of play for himself in advance.
Fate itself pumped the traps into me and made me stand in the ladders for 20 minutes for the sake of the rune.
The passivity of "players" on fire PVP is a misunderstanding of what PVP is in general.
Should the rules eliminate passive play completely, or should we give each class the opportunity to passive? Let the hummer use copper and I'll show you real hell (though I really don't want to play like a battered one, but I have a tactic and I stick to it, so skozatb). The topic can be closed.
Ps it is high time to paint well-known moves in various non-mirror fights, so that modernization could determine where there is a liability, and where is a normal game, but, apparently, there are no rumors here.

C
Corydoras 27.04.21

Greenaa Morningstar
We understand this problem with passivity, but there is no way to eradicate it. And the problem is that no one wants to lose because of the referee's decision, they say he did not play as he should have (these same moves). The mana reserve matters, and if a player does not have enough of it, he will not be able to constantly spend it playing aggressively, sooner or later it will run out and this player will immediately lose. Even if we imagine that we could automate duels and the system would automatically choose the winner, there would still be a lot of dissatisfied people, there would be controversial issues that would require recording / log analysis and analysis. We will not come up with a formulaic idea of ​​who and how should play in specific duels, but we can make some changes with regards to the rules themselves, perhaps.

Y
YnY 27.04.21

But there is little point in creating such themes. Every year they are created, people say their options / dissatisfaction and still do not change anything)

PEOPLE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR TOURNAMENTS BO THERE ARE NO RUNES PER CHARACTER. D

O
Obsessed 27.04.21

* I don’t have time
* I don’t have fair pvp experience
* Know beforehand that I’ll lose to
Corydoras, plus I love pvp in one other game))

Let the hummer use copper and I’ll show you real hell * Satan.jpg *
Greenaa Morningstar, Grin, you are a pretty boy, definitely! : D

D
Dobermn 27.04.21

What timely polls. What prevented 2 years ago from hearing criticism in your address and a forecast that now will be exactly as it is, if you do not listen to it?

D
Dobermn 27.04.21

Well, I will answer the question of the topic with my own version:
From the server side there is no help or interest in the development of this direction of the game, and therefore the conditions for the conduct are very uncomfortable in all respects.
Well, this is not the main problem, the main problem is the lack of new players, they are not replenished, because the entrance threshold for pvp on the server is very high (long). You either need to be very rich, or very skillful to drag a homeless Persian. It is clear that beginners cannot suddenly become either rich or experienced, so the maximum for what is usually enough for their desire is to go in with a magpie, hit and score. Motivation for beginners is about zero.

This is where I see the main problem with tournaments in general.

Well, personally, I don't play because I don't like the rules and there are no players with whom it would be interesting to play.
I don't see a problem in passivity, because when you reach a certain level of play for any charm, you can understand what to do with passivity and how to overcome it.

F
FludoTron 27.04.21

One question. Why all this now?

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 27.04.21

Greenaa Morningstar
I totally FOR the description of the movies. Fiery pvp is a sport (crossed out and sports and alcohol cannot be interfered with). The next inevitable move is to prohibit the use of all not described moves. If there is no reception, it cannot be used. Like boxing. Like chess. Everything is fair. The horse moves with the letter G, and neither B nor M.

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 27.04.21

the world is text, tactics is grammar, my struggle is the alphabet

G

Corydoras
Introduce anti-passive and muddy tournament rules. If they don't want to play, let them not play, only more or less normal players will remain. It won't get worse D

G

Corydoras
Well, or let's let a copper hummer)))

O
Obsessed 27.04.21

Greenaa Morningstar; DDD

C
Corydoras 27.04.21

Fair pvp is a service primarily from the players themselves for the players. Most of the players do not choose pvp as their priority. If a person by their nature does not need / does not like competition, no motivation will force him to do it. For those who are interested, motivation can be presented in the prize fund, which is replenished by sponsors voluntarily, like charity. We can change the rules, but as practice has shown, they are not the problem. There was a decent idea to conduct pvp with the same characters in the same conditions. So, if you make a separate type of tournaments / pvp a separate branch with rules, where the same classes of characters
there will be restrictions on equipment and inventory - so everyone can participate in the same conditions, without the need to collect expensive items. For those who have, for example, a tr set or shako / oculus - to fly other duels a sorceress against a sorceress. For those who have collected the rune word "enigma" for themselves, you can do other duels, for example, a necromancer against a necromancer and also restrict in items (for example, the skiller is only clear, and small charms are either up to 20 hp or up to 17 mp, about anich is a controversial point) ... Thus, pvp can be divided into leagues: low item, middle item or high item (no limits). This is just a proposal or one of the exit options to interest the players. And the balance in such duels can be adjusted by rules and restrictions.

M
MOWHOCTu 27.04.21

Greenaa Morningstar wrote:
Well, or let's allow a copper hummer)))
And ban charge? No problem)

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 27.04.21

Pvp with guards is offered. I flew into the passive zone - the guards attack you. Dodged - well done. The passive will become dangerous and skill-dependent. A soft margin will appear, there is no need to rigidly define the border of passivity. In other words, alive = active.

D
Dobermn 27.04.21

Clear. The topic was created for the next demagoguery and to show activity for show.
Nobody plans to discuss the specifics.

Meet me in the remaster in winter, dear pvp fans.

C
Corydoras 27.04.21

bd_sm [TDPG]
Yes, I agree. But if in boxing (for simplicity, let's call a boxer's hp) one is no longer able to fight, he will avoid punches, passivate, wait for the next round, but he has not lost yet, he is forced to receive punches from an opponent only by the size of the ring - you cannot get out of there. But what makes a player in fair pvp not move around the map when he has low hp and attack another with full hp? In the rules there are only restrictions on location and a ban on the use of houses, etc. There are alternative locations to help, they are, and by agreement it would be possible to go directly to a small location, I see no problems in this.
Sentinels and can programmatically reduce health, for example, for passivity, maybe it was a good idea, but there is no way to influence the process programmatically or automatically. But it is possible, for example, to connect a couple of other players to attack the passive with some remaining health (neutral moderators), but this is already very tricky.

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 27.04.21

Corydoras
in boxing has restrictions on passiveness, you can't just kite
in football, too, at one time they wanted to introduce it, but there were craftsmen on the skill to overcome the anal def, and they decided that it would be fine anyway

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 27.04.21

Why is Corydoras too clever? connect noobs dressed in shit, "judge" in this way pvp, they will be high and contribute to propaganda