3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NiGHTS 24.07.21 04:58 am

Great Shooters of 2004

I always wanted to know
2004 was a genius for shooters and this will never happen again, the pc-mouse has died and we will not have to wait for the technical breakthroughs that we were given by the overclocking habits of the winners.

Please Speak Out!

Modified on September 28, 2015 by NiGHTS
120 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 24.07.21

HL 2 is tearing to shreds all together, judging by the survey 8). It is significant.

o
opposer 24.07.21

I will repost my post from LJ:

With all of your Call of Duty and other Killzones and Halo, people have forgotten that shooters are not rollercoaster riding with auto-loan, auto-health and beer in your left hand. Shooters are about walking, shooting and collecting first aid kits. The shooter does not need a "boss helicopter", does not need a buggy ride, and even more so levels "I sit behind a turret in a damp dungeon" are not needed, even open spaces are not needed (Serious Sam is an arcade game, he can do it). Such tinsel is needed only in one case - when the shooter has a lousy insides. In other words, Half-Life 2, thanks to the dummies winning the confrontation with Doom3 (the "Country of Games" magazine, dummies in 3d-shooters, also subscribed to Half-Life 2), took the genre in a different direction. Bad and Wrong. We see the fruits of this to this day - "classic shooters" have not been released since Quake 4, and everything that comes out now is done for my grandmother. People don’t understand why Bioshock is shooting curve, don’t understand why Modern Warfare with a gamepad - not 3d action at all - is a shooting range for the mentally retarded. And all because in 2004, teapots did not understand why Doom3 cannot use a flashlight at the same time as a pistol. Why is there no water on Mars. And why there are no damn "open spaces". We didn’t savor the delicate balance of imp versus shotgun. But they appreciated the clowning with throwing mattresses, a funny robot dog (he is also a toothy squirrel and a pirate with an eye) and a helicopter boss in the sewers on a boat. why in Doom3 you cannot use a flashlight at the same time with a pistol. Why is there no water on Mars. And why there are no damn "open spaces". We didn’t savor the delicate balance of imp versus shotgun. But they appreciated the clowning with throwing mattresses, a funny robot dog (he is also a toothy squirrel and a pirate with an eye) and a helicopter boss in the sewers on a boat. why in Doom3 you cannot use a flashlight at the same time with a pistol. Why is there no water on Mars. And why there are no damn "open spaces". We didn’t savor the delicate balance of imp versus shotgun. But they appreciated the clowning with throwing mattresses, a funny robot dog (he is also a toothy squirrel and a pirate with an eye) and a helicopter boss in the sewers on a boat.

R
Retrokun 24.07.21

skiing was invented by Halo)

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 1 minute 10 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

yes there was a snowmobile in NOLF 2

W
Woopy 24.07.21

HL2 is the best shooter I've ever played. All these attempts by Halo and Dumov will somehow reach his level, are insignificant. Actually, what else to say-HL2 and only him.

D
Danila56 24.07.21

Che so everyone loves this halflife 2, there is no incriminated plot there? Or everyone loves to run and shoot as in the old doom.

C
Cain 24.07.21

[b] opposer [/ b], clearly: agree:

o
opposer 24.07.21

[quote name = "Lusik"] Halo invented skiing)

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 1 minute 10 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

yes there was a snowmobile in NOLF 2 [/ quote]

in nolf2 was a three-wheeled bike - a banter over bydloshuter type kalovdutiya with "level on a jeep."

G
Guest 24.07.21

[b] Danila56 [/ b],
[quote] Che so everyone loves this halflife 2, there is no incriminated plot there? [/ quote]
Are you a chtoli addict? The plot is there and is very decent.
[b] opposer [/ b],
In NOLF 2, in your opinion, the code was obsolete even before its release :-D?

o
opposer 24.07.21

obstebali Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.
and "levels in the jeep" already began to appear at that time.

l
lalilulelo 24.07.21

[b] opposer [/ b], played in doom3 under the aria, did not insert at all (

f
fist_exe 24.07.21

no, I certainly respect the Monolith, but the thought that they FOREVERED a new trend in shooters and put it together in a timely manner is somehow eeee.

Anyway, there are pokatushki, for example, in the BF. It is not a shooter: confused:

And about the helicopter in general, the thought WHERE?

o
opposer 24.07.21

yes everything was then already! there were vehicle trips in Shadow Warrior, Sin, and Unreal Tournament. And the genre of "rail shooting" itself - it is generally a thousand years old

x
xds 24.07.21

for hailo 2 only 8 votes, you see not a great shooter at all :(

f
fist_exe 24.07.21

you already define ((((((

otherwise it's like with ChoB, who created the melody).

Z
Zend 24.07.21

HL2
but Peinkiller and Far Kray were creepy.
I couldn't tear myself away from the first one for weeks.

R
Retrokun 24.07.21

well, the penalty is just old school, sort of like

C
Crimson moon 24.07.21

FarCray, or Riddick, both delivered. HL2 liked it, but still less. Doom 3 was a good game, but no more, it did not make any graphic revolutions, or gameplay, and did not even really manage to scare. And how they waited, how they waited ..

o
opposer 24.07.21

[b] Crimson Moon [/ b],
he did everything. For half a year there was only talk about him. And in terms of graphics, Bioshock is not much different from it.

O
Old_Sold 24.07.21

Far edge, although I liked dum3 very much, but half life never understood. : oops:

P
Pumba 24.07.21

[Quote] All these attempts by Halo and Dumov will somehow reach his level, are insignificant [/ quote]
actually :-D