3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JasonWU 24.07.21 04:59 am

Immersive Sim: truth or fiction?

Hello! Weekday evening, hammock studio, burning question. Immersive sim, what are you ??? : cat-168:Some say it is the most elite gaming genre. Others argue that this is just a marketing invention. Still others think that this is a certain approach to game design. We only know that the whole truth about immersive sims will become clear only in this topic.: cat-201: 

Sensational discussion! Right now in front of your eyes! .. : cat-202:

89 Comments
Sort by:
S
SENEL 24.07.21

Again these Immersive Sims. He lived quietly, played games, and then Immersiv Sims got out.

They remembered about Bioshok above. From the moment of the show, I thought it was a joke and I don't remember any Immersive Sim popping up during all this time.

Some Grandfather Space then also turns out to be a Son. We also go back and forth there, collect all the trash, but upgrade.

S
Smitt 24.07.21

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

type of smart and knowledgeable gamers

Well, it was better to call Pray an immersive sim than a shooter : troll_face_18:

And on the topic - it may well be a genre / sub-genre, of which there are just bulk and almost for every sneeze there is a separate name (and I'm not just talking about the gaming industry). And if you really think very narrowly, then you can reduce all games to a "pair" of genres and not bother.

In general, all this is not particularly important, the main thing is that the game is normal behind all these labels.

A
ACE 24.07.21

Smitt So said as if the shooter is something bad  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:well, shooter RPG ok? Has it become more ilitarian? : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

S
Smitt 24.07.21

ACE is nothing bad, just a mistake IMHO, after all, a shooter is primarily shooting, which is the main element of the gameplay and takes up most of it. You will not call some assassin a shooter (there is also a firearm, etc. there)?

For Pray, an action is quite suitable, vaguely finite and almost anything can fall under it, but still.

A
ACE 24.07.21

Smitt Some shooters also suggest research. Have you played the very first doom and half life chtoli? Or are they immersive sons too? Lalka  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1: sucking action / advegur

S
Smitt 24.07.21

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Some shooters also suggest research

Just like Prey, immersim sim / action / simulator cosmo bum sometimes offers to shoot, violet (not ban pliz) : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

A
ACE 24.07.21

Smitt here I am about the same  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:doom and halva - immersive sons  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:lalka

S
SupaDupa 24.07.21

In short, WWII is the main pig immersive of the 21st century.

Modified on September 21, 2017 by SupaDupa

J
JasonWU 24.07.21

For violets from Jaysunchik

S
Smitt 24.07.21

SupaDupa is it contagious?

M
Manson 24.07.21

17 minutes ago, JasonWU said:

For violets from Jaysunchik

No, marketers came up with this FSE: icon_mrgreen: 

A
ACE 24.07.21

JasonWU Shepard wow  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1: it changes everything  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1: really not

M
Manson 24.07.21

ACE well, you have a re4 survival horror, not an action tps, what to take from you: 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

A
ACE 24.07.21

Shepard don't lie pliz. I was only against the third person shooter and comparing it with Max Pines and other gears of var. what else can you think of? : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

but you, like zheisun, do not understand genres, since you equate these games with one genre. so 

4 minutes ago, Shepard said:

what to take from you

Z
Zertylon 24.07.21

in general, I like the term 0451-games better

here is everything you need about this term

In general, you can deny the existence of this genre as much as you like, but it will not go anywhere.)))

Immersive Sims are sandboxes that simulate limited space and give the player a bunch of different tools to interact with the world as they please. This is in a broad sense. In a narrow sense, this is the legacy of Looking Glass Studios, whose employees are scattered around the world.

If soulslike can be considered a genre, then so is an immersive sim.

M
MOPKOBb 24.07.21

1 hour ago, Zertylon said:

in general, I like the term 0451-games better

Lord, they are inventing terms and genres! Instead of just playing jokes and not showing off.

S
SENEL 24.07.21

Zertylon Soulslike? This is about Dark, Demon Souls as I understand it?

When did such a genre appear?

This is something from the opera "in the common people".

Modified on September 22, 2017 by SENEL

A
ACE 24.07.21

SENEL When drug addicts began to play games and read Russian igrozhur  : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1: at the same time when the immersive sons appeared shorter

MOPKOBb tijmi8.jpg

Zertylon Don't lie. In the next topic, we found out that dark souls is also an immersive son : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

t
themoderat 24.07.21

again Ace flew into a cozy topic and fucked

NOT baby: butcher:

S
SSpace 24.07.21

It is necessary for Warren Spektor to send a collective letter with a question, and not argue on the forums!