3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JasonWU 24.07.21 04:59 am

Immersive Sim: truth or fiction?

Hello! Weekday evening, hammock studio, burning question. Immersive sim, what are you ??? : cat-168:Some say it is the most elite gaming genre. Others argue that this is just a marketing invention. Still others think that this is a certain approach to game design. We only know that the whole truth about immersive sims will become clear only in this topic.: cat-201: 

Sensational discussion! Right now in front of your eyes! .. : cat-202:

89 Comments
Sort by:
A
Azzy 24.07.21

6 hours ago, dozensnake said:

Azzy I mean who defines the genre officially? Wikipedia or some other office resource?

Defines objective parameters like mechanics and camera view. Obviously, the "genre" that exists only in the head of a group of people, even the creator of the project, is a subjective thing. 

N
NiGHTS 24.07.21

5 hours ago, Ligfip1 said:

Journalists

M
Manson 24.07.21

11 hours ago, Azzy said:

In general, when it comes to some kind of emotional content, this cannot be a game genre. Like, horror means strange to me, and not scary means not horror. I wasn't scared at PT, so not horror. The same immersion, I do not have it in the same understanding and scope as many do. In 90% of games, I don't associate myself with a hero, so I'm indifferent to VR, I don't like first-person games.

It doesn't matter that you weren't scared personally, maybe you have strong nerves. The game was originally created as a survival horror, it is a certain well-established genre that has recognizable features and gameplay: clever:

J
Jelektronik 24.07.21

29 minutes ago, Azzy said:

Defines objective parameters like mechanics and camera view. Obviously, the "genre" that exists only in the head of a group of people, even the creator of the project, is a subjective thing. 

Well, a subgenre, in any case, this is an established definition in which some developers deliberately make games.

A
Azzy 24.07.21

14 minutes ago, Manson said:

Irrelevant

It has. As far as emotions are concerned, this is not a genre. Why, I have already explained above.

14 minutes ago, Manson said:

The game was originally created as a survival horror, it is a certain well-established genre that has recognizable features and gameplay: clever:

No. These well-established gameplay features are called action-adventure.

Notice how quickly everyone accepted IS not a genre when it came to Horror as not a game genre. : icon_mrgreen:

Okay, we are something carried away with the analysis of "Survivor Horror", and the topic about the Immersive Sim. In general, I said that I think you disagreed, let's go on about Immersive Sim.

M
Manson 24.07.21

52 minutes ago, Azzy said:

No. These well-established gameplay features are called action-adventure.

Evil Vizin does not have adventure elements like the original reziki, but there is an action component (basis) and at the same time it is a survival horror, does this mean that the game needs to be put on a par with the TPS genre like ancharted or gear of var?: 57a8bd5f05fbe_FROG21:

A
Azzy 24.07.21

Manson I have not played Evil Vizin, but based on your words, it does not look like the original Reziki and CX, but it is called Survivor Horror, then this is exactly what I'm talking about. The scope of the concept "Survivor Horror" is far beyond the concept of genres, this is not a genre, it is a style of play in which it can be an adventure with quests or linear shooters, with a first or third person view, or maybe isometric or something else.

If you want to continue, then create a separate, general topic about Survivor Horror and we will continue there.  

V
Vaka 24.07.21

So IP is when RPG and full immersion in the created image, without a certain pattern of passing the task.

Or it's a jester without a specific pattern of passing the task. 

It's just that if it takes more than two or three words to explain a genre, it's some kind of wrong genre.

Z
Zertylon 24.07.21

At 29.07.2019 at 09:52, Ligfip1 said:

Journalists

Critics.