3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
NEW Valtron 3D 28.07.21 12:46 am

Games that MUST be played by the "gamer-forum user"

How we, with you, understand. the gaming industry is getting younger. Increasingly, on the Internet, you can see players, whether intentionally or not, who do not notice the existence of the industry before, say, ps 3 and xbox 360.

Everything would be fine, but the phenomenon is becoming widespread (especially outside the GAMEMAG forum), and the roots remain the sweet nostalgia of old phages.

Naturally, any opinion has the right to exist, as long as it does not pass into the category of convictions of others.

As with the base of school knowledge and cultural values, the minimum that every interlocutor must know in order to be interesting is the minimum, which, albeit an abstract value in this case, is quite tangible in game theory and practice.

Technologies are improving, the mechanics are overgrown with details, but the origins will not go anywhere, the masterpieces will remain masterpieces, and in this thread I would like you to highlight the games that any gamer who enters forum controversy and commenting should go through (or try).

Games-basics, games-10/10, games that influenced the future of the industry (from the obligatory school curriculum of the forum). 

And, of course, explain why.

Modified on May 27, 2015 by NEW Valtron 3D
124 Comments
Sort by:
H
Human 28.07.21

[quote name = 'NEW Valtron 3D' timestamp = '1432761052' post = '4830572'] Here are not your favorite games - here are "recognized", iconic games. [/ quote]

I read this phrase and wanted to score and not write here.

But still I will risk it.  

In those years it was difficult to judge the significance and recognition of games, I will just note the games that I would never have thrown out of my playing childhood.

NES:

- Battletoads

- Battle city

- Contra

Sega MD:

- MK (2,3, U)

- Comix Zone

- Ecco the dolphin

- Zero Tolerance

- Dune2

PS one:

- Crash bandicoot

- Tekken3

- FF 7.8

- RE (1,2,3)

- Chrono Cross

- Silent hill

- MGS

PS2: 

- Resident Evil 4

- Silent hill2

- Beyond good and evil

- MGS2

PC: Max Payne

G
Grifin 28.07.21

[quote name = 'NEW Valtron 3D' timestamp = '1432761052' post = '4830572'] Opinions - in the thread is your rating for the game. [/ quote] 

[quote name = 'NEW Valtron 3D' timestamp = '1432761052' post = '4830572'] Here are not your favorite games - here are "recognized", iconic games. [/ quote] 

Mutually exclusive paragraphs.

Everyone has their own opinion about a particular game, because the expiration obtained from this game depends on many factors. And if we exclude taste preferences, then many "iconic" games are now a rarity and having played them, a "forum member" may simply not understand how this game stood out in the past without reading a separate article about it.

M
Matthazard pururin 28.07.21

There is a minimum for reading. like it or not, outside school, you can read any books, but War and Peace (deus ex 1)) should know)

Otherwise, Master Ace will call you a lalka.

lol

N
NEW Valtron 3D 28.07.21

[member = 'Grifin'], what exactly? 

That is, if a person played only in MGS portble ops, and writes that the series is shit - does his opinion have any value?

or that when a person writes (from a recent history on the forum) that NSF has always had only street racing (shorter underground), what causes lulz, but this is his opinion, which means you need to "accept" it?
Or that Cage came up with the genre of interactive cinema (a common rural belief) - this is a normal opinion, and if he sees something else now, he will not understand?
I'm not a fan of the special Jrpg, but I will get acquainted with the games that I try to the maximum in the tea house (now) or the press and players (earlier).
After all, games and genres often overlap, and you need to understand this point. To be able to compare at the right time, and not just like or dislike.
All the interest of the discussion, when the views of two versed in mat. some of the players do not agree on something. And not just, like children, "you are a fool. No, you are a fool."

N
NotaKuroi 28.07.21

And after all, no one mentioned the non-Soviet chip and Dale 1-2. Well, as you can. The idea is good, but the current juvenile graffiti rappers and lovers of cubes

cannot be seated for this on pain of death. If I had a child, I would just sit him down for the current Nintendo games. And the graph is there, and the essence has not changed

Z
Zertylon 28.07.21

Thief 1-2.

N
Nonsense 28.07.21

Thief 1-2-3.

Repaired.

R
Raiden_MG 28.07.21

It's funny to watch people advise games with carried, shogi / demolished to those who are not familiar with games at all

M

character switching and robberies (gta5?) - Ratchet and Clank 2 (the first part brought to mind with excellent game design) - FF X (the most controversial part of the finale) - Gran Turismo 4 (the world's best car simulator part 4)) - Metal Gear Solid 2 , 3 (the standard of cinematography and drama in video games) - God of War 1.2 (Western slasher, which put entertainment for the sake of hardcore, well, the myths of ancient Greece) the standard of the genre for many years. PS3: - Heavy Rain (The standard of the interactive cinema genre, the most varied game in the world, bravo) - Uncharted 2 (the standard of the action / adventure genre, after which 50% of the games diligently copy cinematic scripted scenes into their games - The last of Us (the standard of the whole the gaming industry, ideally) - Metal Gear Solid 4 (the controversial part of the MGU itself became famous for its videos, about one hour long.

N
NEW Valtron 3D 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Raiden_MG' timestamp = '1432797195' post = '4830752'] It's funny to watch people advise games with a carrier, shogi / demolished those who are not familiar with games at all [/ quote] 

This is a gaming forum, there are none. (not familiar with games)

Secondly, this is not just advice, it is education.

For example, they will say DUM. The young grafophaper will start up and say - Fuu shit.

A person who wants to know more will compare the graphics with the releases before doom, and say - oh, why did my folder love him so much.

You should always try to improve yourself, but on the profile game resource, you need to improve just in the mate. parts of the gaming industry.

X
Xexyz 28.07.21

Duke Nukem 3D

B
Blaze 28.07.21

Ps One:
- Metal Gear Solid (game milestone, game of the century)
- FF VII (the best representative of the jrpg genre and somewhere at this stage of the finale began to change)
- Front mission 3 (by far the best turn-based game in the world, where else was the Internet, giant robots and alternative Japan in one bottle)
- Crash Bandicoot (somewhere here the best representative of the genre was born)
- Resident Evil 1-3 (trendsetters in the survival horror genre. After these games, absolutely everything copied the mechanics)
- Silent Hill (the second, after MGU, a game that showed that this is not entertainment for children, but a very philosophical work. Well, the worst horror of the 90s)
- Hogs of War (worms in 3D environment and with equipment, and this is long before the battlefield)
- Gran Turismo 2 (on the second try Kazunori Yamauchi created the best racing game on PS1, after that many started making their own GTs)
- Parasite Eve 1 (perfect combination of survival horror and jrpg, and what a plot there was!)
- Fear Effect 1,2 (very unusual games, eidos before the release of Deus Ex already knew how to play cyberpunk)
PS2:
- Resident Evil 4 (all third-person shooters went exactly after 4 "reziks"
- Silent Hill 2,3 (the standard of the genre and the most humane stories in video games)
- Jak 1-3 (innovative platformers, after Mario))
- Ico and Shadow of the Collosus (no one did this)
- Sly 2 (very strong platformer with a cool plot, character switching and robberies (gta5?)
- Ratchet and Clank 2 (the first part brought to mind with an excellent game design)
- FF X (the most controversial part of the finale)
- Gran Turismo 4 (the world's best car simulator part 4))
- Metal Gear Solid 2,3 (the standard of cinematography and drama in video games)
- God of War 1.2 (Western slasher, which put entertainment for the sake of hardcore, well, the myths of ancient Greece) the standard of the genre for many years.
PS3:
- Heavy Rain (The standard of the interactive cinema genre, the most varied game in the world, bravo)
- Uncharted 2 (the standard of the action / adventure genre, after which 50% of the games diligently copy cinematic scripted scenes into their games
- The last of Us (the standard of the whole gaming industry, ideal)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 (the most controversial part of the MGU became famous for its videos, about one hour long. Real cinema
- Valkyria Chronicles (the most successful attempt to mix 2 genres)
- Ni No Kuni (the best jrpg of this generation, plus animation from Ghibli)
- Red Dead Redemption (the best Rockstar game and the coolest gaming (and not only) western))
- Bayonetta (the craziest slasher, from the Japanese)

[offtopic] Brother, I advise you to get out of the platform from Sony [/ offtopic]

N
NiggaStoleMyGames 28.07.21

[quote name = 'Kirill_Kopylenkov' timestamp = '1432794062' post = '4830716'] - Heavy Rain (The standard of the interactive cinema genre, the most variable game in the world, bravo) - Uncharted 2 (the standard of the action / adventure genre, after it 50% of games diligently copy cinematic scripted scenes into their games - The last of Us (the standard of the entire gaming industry, ideally) - Metal Gear Solid 4 (the controversial part of the MGU itself became famous for its videos, about one hour long. Real cinema [/ quote]

eh kiryukha

gravity rush where

A
Allmighty L 28.07.21

you list the games without explaining anything. The very first post in the topic - "no explanations required". Wanted! If we are talking about creating a reader, then it is impossible without explanation. By modern standards, all your favorite 114 versions of Mario Kitchen are shitty shit. Deus Ex is a rudimentary dump. They are worthless if you do not explain why this game is important for games in general, for conducting a discourse about games. 

Let's say there is a Serious Sam series. All games except the first one and the add-on to it - cal. Why? The first Sirius Sam is a high-speed arena shooter. FPS today are hopelessly behind the pace set by Sam. Moron levels (arenas), crowds of dozens of monsters of different sizes and qualities, an arsenal of different guns. This is no more! As there is no gigantomania and frivolity in most modern FPS - here I turn my head and look towards CoD and Halo. In the "Second Coming" add-on, Croatian developers rushed to make the locations more interesting - all kinds of rotating arenas appeared, and so on. Despite the general moronism, it was fun. Very difficult, very fast. A very fast paced shooter. Moreover, not only with a single, but also with co-op and multiplayer.

And where is it now? Where are the developments, where are there at least some similar things? There is not. This makes Sam a very special game that you can't miss. 

k
kamui 28.07.21

Halo series - the standard of the console FPS

Half Life series - standard PC FPS

Gears of War series - the standard of TPN

Gothic 2 - the standard RPG

The Uncharted series is the epitome of action adventure. 

GTA V (or San andreas) is the epitome of sandbox action.

Super Mario - the benchmark in platforming

A car racing simulator like Forza 5 or GT 6 (optional).

NFS: Underground is the benchmark for arcade street racing.

Mortal Kombat IX (old parts only for stoned hardcore players ..) - I can't call it a standard, but everyone should know MK. 
FInal fantasy VII - the standard of JRPG
Diablo 2 - the standard of h`n`slash RPG

Silent Hill 2 - the standard of horror

This is that offhand. 

And, in general, the list can be made forever, because if a person called himself a gamer, and zadrotit, as the last brute should. 

Modified May 28, 2015 by kamui

N
NEW Valtron 3D 28.07.21

[offtopic] Memo for Valtron to put a plus [member = 'Allmighty L'], [/ offtopic]

That's all right. Many do not understand why, say, Okarina has such ratings. It should be explained to Mario Braze. More precisely, there are always explanations separately, but the purpose of this thread is the original, that then I will put all the games in the header with explanations of their meaning for the industry and fans, thereby leaving a reasonable guide for both beginners and those. who for some reason is not familiar.

That is, the guide is not from one person or the editorial board, but from you and me, ordinary players who want to become more savvy in the matter.

A
ACE 28.07.21

[member = 'Kirill_Kopylenkov'], PPC Lalka

R
RMX 28.07.21

trollface-new.png

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Resident evil 4

Resident evil

Dead space

Half-life 2

Modified on May 28, 2015 by RMX

M

Halo series - the standard of the console FPS

Half Life series - standard PC FPS

Gears of War series - the standard of TPN

Gothic 2 - the standard RPG

The Uncharted series is the epitome of action adventure. 

GTA V (or San andreas) is the epitome of sandbox action.

Super Mario - the benchmark in platforming

A car racing simulator like Forza 5 or GT 6 (optional).

NFS: Underground is the benchmark for arcade street racing.

Mortal Kombat IX (old parts only for stoned hardcore players ..) - I can't call it a standard, but everyone should know MK. 
FInal fantasy VII - the standard of JRPG
Diablo 2 - the standard of h`n`slash RPG

Silent Hill 2 - the standard of horror

This is that offhand. 

And, in general, the list can be made forever, because if a person called himself a gamer, and zadrotit, as the last brute should. 

gamer sins xbox360

k
kamui 28.07.21

[member = 'MattHazard'], uh huh, ff7, super mario sins 360.