3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Forrest gump 31.07.21 01:08 pm

At what age can a child be allowed to play video games?

There is a nephew (3 years old). Likes to walk, to play, to help parents to do house cleaning and learn letters - good boy :)
[i] The existence of computer games does not know [/ i].

I've been thinking: play games, he will, in any case, because all his future friends will "do it" :) However, if you start it too late, you may get hooked in such a way that you can't tear off your ears - it will be harmful.
If you start too early, it can IMHO interfere with normal development, since the child must learn the world not through virtual reality, but through ordinary reality - again harm.

I think that we need to start introducing the child to games so that it does not make him a gambling addict. That is, to play, but know when to stop and not start confusing virtual reality with the real one (a very real danger for the emerging consciousness IMHO).

My considerations:
1) You need to start playing after the child learns to read - so that he can learn about fairy tales from books, and not from games. Otherwise, the motivation for reading may be lost: why read, if you can play at the same time.
2) You need to start playing right away with the best games - so that the taste is formed and then time is not wasted on garbage (which is the majority).
3) You need to play only children's games, no Quake, Doom, Vivisector: D and similar violence.

I invite fathers (literally :)), as well as uncles and grandfathers (if there are any;)) to share their thoughts on the topic, make a rating of the best children's games, etc.

I'm thinking: maybe buy a GameCube - they say all the best children's games out there?
Regarding the "educational" games: IMHO it's all bullshit - learning to read, write, consider it better by "old-fashioned" methods, and the entire market of educational programs for children rests on the desire of parents to teach children according to new, "fashionable", "progressive" methods. In fact, their usefulness was invented by the manufacturers of these programs in order to sell them :) [offtopic] As with vitamins in pills, food supplements, "quantum therapy devices", etc. [/ offtopic] [/ offtopic]
124 Comments
Sort by:
S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

I let my nephew play Resident Evil 4 ///// to my nephew 6 years old ... still bangs ...

L
Lucifer 31.07.21

Are you getting banged? :-D

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

I am also banged. Once I took a rolling pin and began to rush after me like a chainsaw ...

A
Aziphov 31.07.21

apparently caught up? : mrgreen:

L
Lucifer 31.07.21

It was cruel :-D

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

Cruel ??? not the right word ... thank God that I kept knives from him, my ancestors went for a walk, my sister too, we were left alone, as everyone leaves him like a demon influences, he immediately, LET'S PLAY. I give him. and then he starts to mow under some kind of enemy. He walks grimaces. It's cool from the side. Recently, in MGS 3, he gave it a saw, it turned out to be difficult for him, after that he began to consider himself a commando. One time at three in the morning I go to the toilet, and then bang .. .small for the whole house FREEZE !!! I was speechless, thank God nebylo ancestors. My sister and her husband are cheating, what happened ... In general, it was cool.

M
Molodnyak 31.07.21

:-D
Well, what can I add ... let him play WWF)
Well ... or Tekken

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

nooooo ... TEKKEN IS STILL EARLIER ... ON THE BUTTONS HITS ... JOYSTICK breaks. He plays in Darkwatch. He's happy with the pain of FPS. KILL ZONE is faster than me, I'm tired of it, and he played it for days. ASKES WHAT I HAVE BOUGHT FORCE FORCE OR RAINBOW Six. I don’t know, but his FPS friends are dragging their feet. Maybe it’s all because of CS. Although I don’t play CS myself. My brother plays. It’s a little gat to look at the manitor for days. I wanted the FF series. To start with FF6. But I think it's too small for an RPG. Will grow up to 8 years old. I started playing in FF4 when I was 8 years old.

L
Lucifer 31.07.21

2Solidus hike you finally have no normal ones at home :-D

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

hahnu yeah ... you are right .......... I am currently passing GT4 /// just passed the 9 hour race .....

t
the clown 31.07.21

Good topic!
A child should develop by playing video games from the age of six! No more than 30 minutes a day. Dendy is an ideal platform for this.

O
OGGIS 31.07.21

I started playing VERY early, but I didn’t play more than an hour a day. Right now, I rarely play

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

:-D

O
OGGIS 31.07.21

Didn't understand: |

i
ivan 31.07.21

[quote name = "Solidus Snake"] hahnu yes..you are right .......... at this moment I am passing GT4 /// just finished a 9 hour race ..... [/ quote]

Bgyy, I remember earning money in GT3, turning on the ring race with the fastest car, holding down the gas button, and switching the channel myself and watching the movie on TV, I could make money in a couple of hours 8)

By the way, there was a case, I was sitting in RE: Code Veronica on Dream , and the neighbors brought a 3-year-old child (a naughty child should be noted) so that I would look after him, so I told him right away - "sit quietly, do not touch anything, otherwise the zombies will come out of the TV and they will bite you", the whole evening no problems :-D

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

[b] ivan [/ b], .... I'm going through RE4 ON PRO PRO //// this is a complete fuck ... barely up to the 3rd chapter of the doshol.

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 4 minutes 15 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] ivan [/ b], the third GT didn't get me right ... pathetic similarity to GT2 ///// but the first GT // // this is respect ... even though it was not possible ... but even so I passed the gold license ... half a year passed gold licenses ... so I spent 20 minutes past .. .got all 100 ... in GT 1 only 100.70 bribed

. size] [/ color]

100 cars ...

C
Cecil 31.07.21

First, I'll tell you a little about myself, then about my nephew.
Now I'm 19. I started playing at the age of 5 on the Spectrum, consciously with full playthroughs of 8-10 on shoga, super nintendo and then 3do. The peak was at 12-15 years old, when all the finals, other JRPGs, and generally played everything, trying to get through as much as possible. I played in huge numbers, but it didn’t affect my studies much, it’s strange. Now my interest has subsided a lot, I go through about 10 games a year, I spend 4 times more time on books, but everything worthwhile, such as RE4, Gothic, is also going through avidly.

About my nephew. He is 11, he started playing on PS at the age of 5. Naturally, he played children's arcades, races, etc. From me his passion for YARPG passed on, from the age of 9 he passed the finals up to the tenth. He always plays at the lowest available difficulty level, moreover, in games with increased difficulty, he has not experienced problems with the passage for a long time, he solves the riddles himself. He even managed to go through about a third of The Black Mirror in English, before finding a solution (of course, he doesn't know English at the age of 11, but he is constantly interested in what this or that word means, even in games where everything is intuitively clear, this is a plus). He does not play very much, not every day, tk. parents load in sections, etc. It is not very good that he does not have a special craving for reading, this is a minus. Now, according to his "playing level", he is about 13 years old. This can be noticed by looking at where he usually shuts up, whether he reads long dialogues, etc. This can still be explained by the fact that he was brought up on more complex games than those that were common in the mid-late 90s.
I think that you shouldn't bother too much with the development of a child's taste. If there are different games in the house, then he himself will understand which is better by playing them.

Now about what should be the ideal.
I believe that play can be given from any age, but in accordance with the development of the child, and in the corresponding development of the game. Naturally, if the child has interest, and he, as a rule, is. But it is necessary to unobtrusively limit this matter, distracting it with other things, so that the child does not get stuck. It is not worth imposing any specific games in any way. Of course, there are many nuances here, depending on the specific child and specific parents (who sometimes spend the whole night on God Of War, I'm talking about my brother).

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

[b] Cecil [/ b], of course I understand everything .. but why push it like that? You would write another volume 4 of War and Peace ... heh..vo fun .... Sephiroth (FF7) against Nemesis (RE3 ): shocked: :-D

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 1 minute 56 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] Cecil [/ b], I never read everything to the end. . in the middle, all interest disappears ... although very exciting at your leisure. (no offense)

i
ivan 31.07.21

[quote name = "Solidus Snake"] [b] ivan [/ b], .... I'm going through RE4 ON PRO PRO //// this is a complete fuck ... barely up to the 3rd chapter of the doshol.

Yeah, rezik 4th on hard drives, I'm also trying to get through, I want to try out the laser 8)
By the way, there is also a story about Rez4 - I was sitting down, a 3-year-old was watching a nephew next to me, well, during the game, I replenished the vocabulary of a child, now he himself can comment: "the creature gnawed his uncle," "stsuko, he ate it again!" etc. : lol: Sometimes he asks his mother to cook the legs of a large spider for him :-D

O
OkaRin 31.07.21

In my opinion, when the child begins to Understand, then it is possible. And it is pointless to poke around, for example, in MGS, well, nafig. What will it give him? Maybe fun. Ho, there are a bunch of other games of a different genre for that. Let him understand.
Yes, and it is hardly necessary to give something like Gta. And then he will turn out to be such a person for whom to kill, steal a car, rob, even kill a woman - will just spit. And what, after all, you can just like that, so why not in real life?
It also kills me how the children started swearing early - even 2-graders in front of my eyes in the club all the time yelled at each other, how they played, and through the word mate after math ... Horror ..
Even from school recently I walked, so also somewhere 3-4 graders talked about some kind of shooter - "yes there finally p **** c, I have such a gun, b * I, but he does not die, bitch f ***** I, x * y you will understand how the fuck **** b * I him. " (I apologize, of course, but what can I do if it’s like this?). Generally a nightmare. Lived.

I do not know about the rest, but judging objectively, the games gave me a lot ...
I have been playing since I was 5 years old - I started on the Spectrum (there are still% games left), then Dandy, then Demolished, then Sega Megadrive, Saturn and Panasonic 3do (did not live long :), then PS1 and Pc, then Ps2, Xbox360.
In general, the games gave me a very good knowledge of the English language - I remember how I used to poke ahead, skip all the dialogues in different jrpg :), and now I can freely play, speak and understand tons of dialogues. I rarely even look into the dictionary.
Further, I began to think much more, I began to use new words and terms in communication, I just got used to it. And in general, I began to think about everything in my mind in advance - and not just blurt out.
Of course, knowledge has increased - when our time is used, inadvertently you learn a lot about religion, history, war ... Yes, even Tourism - how many different cars I saw and learned.
And of course, think, think, and think again ... After going through another masterpiece like Mgs / FF / Xenosagi / etc. we have to realize why it happened, why the Persians did this, and what happened to the world, and why it remained, etc. It really develops and gives food for the mind.
Yes, even to develop a sense of humor - without laughing to play such banter games like Shadow Hearts3, Mgs, etc. just impossible.
Communication. On this basis, you can communicate a lot - for it is immense, and the industry is multifaceted, that problems and joy cannot be avoided.
Further, when you play, you see a lot, and from all sides - in total, an excellent idea of ​​something is formed, and not any particular stereotype that was once formed. The types of people and their relationships are especially well shown in jrpg, and what leads to this ...
Developed logic and intuition - when there are a lot of puzzles, riddles, labyrinths, heavy opponents in the game - requiring correct tactics, you really have to fully use your brain, and decide the whole thing.
They even give plenty of pleasure in ecstasy, or cry in catharsis. Honestly, developers sometimes so powerfully intertwine an intriguing plot, the world and the characters themselves that at the end even some villains feel sorry for them - you realize that they are not to blame, that this should not happen, although this is how it happened .... An
exciting adventure .. Yes, in which you want to be yourself and do (go through) everything - that is why I have passed some parts of ff from 2 to 5 times (5th is the only one - 7th, I know it by heart%).

Yes, games are a whole storm of emotions and a waterfall of other sensations that make us play ...

Heh, yes, judging by my opinion, some may think that I'm just a hardcore gamer, but in life - nobody, they are mistaken - I study normally, and help my ancestors%), and dozens of friends, and I communicate with girls, and work , and much more%). Another thing is that there is not enough life time: mrgreen:.

Here is the opinion :).