3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Forrest gump 31.07.21 01:08 pm

At what age can a child be allowed to play video games?

There is a nephew (3 years old). Likes to walk, to play, to help parents to do house cleaning and learn letters - good boy :)
[i] The existence of computer games does not know [/ i].

I've been thinking: play games, he will, in any case, because all his future friends will "do it" :) However, if you start it too late, you may get hooked in such a way that you can't tear off your ears - it will be harmful.
If you start too early, it can IMHO interfere with normal development, since the child must learn the world not through virtual reality, but through ordinary reality - again harm.

I think that we need to start introducing the child to games so that it does not make him a gambling addict. That is, to play, but know when to stop and not start confusing virtual reality with the real one (a very real danger for the emerging consciousness IMHO).

My considerations:
1) You need to start playing after the child learns to read - so that he can learn about fairy tales from books, and not from games. Otherwise, the motivation for reading may be lost: why read, if you can play at the same time.
2) You need to start playing right away with the best games - so that the taste is formed and then time is not wasted on garbage (which is the majority).
3) You need to play only children's games, no Quake, Doom, Vivisector: D and similar violence.

I invite fathers (literally :)), as well as uncles and grandfathers (if there are any;)) to share their thoughts on the topic, make a rating of the best children's games, etc.

I'm thinking: maybe buy a GameCube - they say all the best children's games out there?
Regarding the "educational" games: IMHO it's all bullshit - learning to read, write, consider it better by "old-fashioned" methods, and the entire market of educational programs for children rests on the desire of parents to teach children according to new, "fashionable", "progressive" methods. In fact, their usefulness was invented by the manufacturers of these programs in order to sell them :) [offtopic] As with vitamins in pills, food supplements, "quantum therapy devices", etc. [/ offtopic] [/ offtopic]
124 Comments
Sort by:
B
Blade666 31.07.21

It seems to me that not earlier than 12 years old, so that too brutal games do not damage the child's psyche. You should probably start with good quests and fabulous walkers. : |

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

[b] TTforce [/ b], dude .. I see you are an honorable gamer .. GOOD ... but the games are designed to play and find some kind of hobby, consider the game stupid, do not understand the very essence ... a gamer, the power of the game is a hobby, he can control it, but a person who judges everything cannot and begins to omit the whole thing. People look at him like a fool ... as they say, Power is afraid of those who do not have it ...

M
M0rr0 31.07.21

[b] TTforce [/ b], I agree, thanks to the games, Anlicitsky pulled up a lot.
Children should be given games when they understand - "business is time, and fun is an hour."
Not everyone understands this even as adults.
PSA time is always not enough, life.

A
AnTuxpucT 31.07.21

Yes, since 13 years old, it wakes up normally. The main thing is not to damage the child's psyche.

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

[b] AnTuxpucT [/ b], what kind of psyche .. what are you? alive and well .. and by the way, I have no fanaticism for modern FPS /// meat games are more in my face ... in the first Resident Evil I was cut back in 97m ... it was something ... I was just cheating ... And every time I entered the room with another save point ... my heart seemed to freeze and I felt myself in an ocean of love and security ... where there are no zombies and all kinds of creatures ... And what is the typewriter ... after each save , you seem to be drugged to go into this horror ... and every time you kill zombies and move your way through hordes of monsters ... it seemed there was not much left to Hell .....

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 9 minutes 30 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

I was then 10 years old ... when I went through the first cutter ... a year later ... I encountered a GREAT AND HORRIBLE ... RESIDENT EVIL 2 ///// it was something .... I am not I could pass the game only because of my own fear ... every rustle seemed to instill a cowardly camara in me ... already at the very beginning of the police station ... I walk it calmly ... there were cases that I even yelled at the whole apartment from fear ... it felt like Linker (Slimer) was chasing me. The famous monster with a long and razor-sharp tongue ... Of course, now it's not so scary ... even funny ... but then ... for an 11-year-old the boy it was a shock ... which I remembered for the rest of my life ... even the famous Celent Hill did not scare me so ... although when I played it I was already 14 ... and the fear of games ceased to affect me ... of course I'm not saying Celent Hill doesn't suck.just after the chuck of the game it seems to you that you are not playing a game, but watching a movie based on the novel by Stephen King. Sellent Hill is a psychological thriller. I mean about the 1st part .. all the other parts of this Salenta series .. my hopes were not justified ... unless that 2 selent (not bad) [b] AnTuxpucT [/ b],

Z
Zhou 31.07.21

Games should not be "given" but "slipped". Those. so that there is no - "son, you are 13 years old, I allow you to play." To forbid a child to play is nonsense, he will find himself anyway. It is better to slowly slip in carefully selected games - say, at the age of 3 to get used to jumping in front of the EyeToy / on DDR - I am convinced that it is very useful for coordination of movements. All sorts of Lego Star Wars to pass. They say that fine motor skills (i.e. even playing the pad in races) helps to develop the mind.
If a child from an early age will play - he will not have a manic desire to play - he will walk on the street, watch cartoons, read books and play - because he will not have vivid impressions on games.

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

( mainly music and news programs) ... I read books .... I study at the institute ... I study well .. I passed the second year ... and you know .. the games did not spoil me .. I did not become dumber .. .. but on the contrary .. smarter .... not in the sense that my IQ increased by 1 level // // just when you play .. you forget about everything .. all your problems are forgotten at that moment .... in general, children need to play as much as they want ... P / S and at the age of three I spiked into sonic ... like this ...

Z
Zhou 31.07.21

So what do you disagree with? I also say that it is not necessary to prohibit / restrict - you just need to direct. You see that he is playing something viciously bloody - say, "Oh! I found a cool toy here - Lego Star Wars. Let's go together?" - there is a very high probability that he will gladly agree and GTA will be lying around.

i
ivan 31.07.21

[quote name = "Solidus Snake"] [b] Zhou [/ b], I disagree with you .... I have been playing since childhood without a break .... and I have no manic desire ... I hang out with the boys ... I watch ... TV (mainly music and news programs) ... I read books .... I study at the institute ... I study well .. I passed the second year ... and you know .. I don’t play games ruined .. I did not become dumber .... but on the contrary .. smarter .... not in the sense that my IQ increased by 1 level // // just when you play .. you forget about everything .. all yours problems are forgotten at that moment .... in general, children need to play as much as they want .... P / S and at the age of three I spiked into sonic ... like this ... [/ quote]

People are different, for someone (you, me: wink :), games do not interfere with normal communication, study, work, and someone, like a maniac, sits cleanly for days on end, putting on walks-study-work-sex: D. The main thing is not to get hung up on one thing - I went with my son to the HoMM or Massive Assault party, after he did his homework, gave a dough for a walk, and everyone is happy 8)

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 3 minutes 2 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote name = "Zhou"] So what do you disagree with? I also say that there is no need to prohibit / restrict - you just need to direct. You see that he is playing something viciously bloody - say, "Oh! I found a cool toy here - Lego Star Wars. Let's go together?" - there is a very high probability that he will gladly agree and GTA will fall somewhere far away. [/ quote]

By the way, I noticed that those who love bloody games in virtual reality are quite peaceful guys / girls in real life: razz: Thugs are just among those who have never played.

Z
Zhou 31.07.21

[Quote name = "ivan"] People are different, for someone (you, me: wink :), games do not interfere with normal communication, study, work, and someone, like a maniac, sits cleanly for days, putting on walks-study- work-sex: D. The main thing is not to get hung up on one thing - I went with my son to the HoMM or Massive Assault party, after he did his homework, gave the dough for a walk, and everyone is happy 8) [/ quote]

Duc, the main thing is to prevent mania. I doubt that if a person has games for as long as he can remember himself and he does not forbid them categorically, then he will be maniac - so I think that the question "at what age" should not be - if he wanted to chew the gamepad, he washed it and gave it :)

[quote name = "ivan"] By the way, I noticed that those who love bloody games in virtual reality are quite peaceful guys / girls in real life: razz: Thugs are just among those who have never played. [/ quote]

Thugs are those who believe that those who play bloody games are potential murderers and should be isolated.

O
Or1s 31.07.21

Well, I'm not a father, but a gamer :)
I want to note that games usually do not make a special impression on very young children, they usually like to push cars or play dolls like that ... Before a child learns to read, he probably shouldn't play games. You can start, well, from a bold at the age of 6 ... The plot plays a very important role in games (even in children's fairy tales), so the child still first needs to instill the concepts of good and evil, and not send him to rampage on the streets of Weissiti :) Subsequently, years from 10, if the child is not an idiot and not a nutcase (in the latter case, it is better not to give him games at all, like films and books with violence), he will already know what he needs, that is, the taste will already be formed and most likely a ban on some genres or just games with a cruel rating will not be useless, will not be able to play at home, will go to friends or something good to a computer club (I have a purely negative opinion about them) ... But as they say, it all depends on the specific person ... But I think it is clear to everyone that it is not worth giving GTA to a three-year-old child, the most harmless are platformers ( like mario) and racing (racing / action in the calculation we do not take into account, armageddon in the furnace). I do not trust educational games, in my time this has not happened yet, but in general, even if there is something, then at least not on the Russian market, and the child is unlikely to master the teaching in English :)

Remember that games are not only a way to kill time or distract a child, they are works of art, with all that it implies !!!

PS My first set-top box was PS1, the computer appeared much later ... The first really impressive games were Need for Speed ​​4 and Silent Hill ... By the way, remembering the past :) I want to note that I really got involved far at once , I could not say so to rate the chip ... Now I am studying in college to become a computer designer, I don't drink, I don't smoke (I'm serious) and I don't run through the streets with an ax ... At one time, my parents did not look at what I played, with time, the taste developed by itself ... The last impressive games are Oblivion, FarCry (for it was the first herald of a new generation of graphics and physics), RE4, SoulCalibur2 and a great strategy "Behind Enemy Lines" ... There was no dependence on games, no, and I think there will be no more :)

Now such a game console from Nintendo will be released soon, the Wii is called (nee Revolution), it seems to me ideally suitable for children, since in addition to a large number of children's games (big N has always been famous for simple games suitable for children and at the same time carrying a charge of humor for their parents , something like a cartoon Shrek, for the whole family, so to speak) also with a controller that will have to actively wave :) (the main thing is to be strong), I

mean that motor skills will develop at least a little ... PPS The final touch, so to speak :) Who is here then he said that the children who started their acquaintance with games with Zh.D.A.L.K.E.R. and nothing will surprise you ... You are not worried about this, only your great-great-great-grandchildren will play in it, if you are lucky :)

The statements of many experienced gamers that they are amazed at every improvement in graphics sounds strange against the background of the fact that many people write that they cannot tell the difference between a car model of 10 thousand triangles and a model of 30 thousand ... :) I can, but with every improvement I'm not surprised, but I'm surprised at the Wii (I'm sorry that the advertising has gone here too :)), because the improvements in the graphics alone are worn out :), and meanwhile, the characters still have the same square fingers and the same low-poly household rubbish is scattered at the levels, that's when in the game, say from the trash heap you can get a bottle (this is me for the fact that it will be a "background" for the constant contemplation of which the developers did not reckon) and it will not only shimmer in the light, shake off an honest shadow and correctly refract the light, but it will also look like real (well, let's say 3 thousand.Poliks will be enough), then I will be surprised, but for now they are only upsetting ... It's not about the schedule, brothers ...

B
Blink 55 31.07.21

And mine will not play games,
but will receive belts. : fight:

Dad will play. eight)

F
Frost-sama 31.07.21

I personally began to play at the age of 8, only T_T
I was put on such danosaurs machines as Agat O_O then there were no ZXspectrum (on sale) =))
But even then I was addicted like a drug, it was very interesting.
Especially I was very pleased with text RPGs when At that age I was explaining to adults how to play this game =)))
Ah, golden days, these are now all smart steel =)
Games develop !!!

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 26 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] Blink 55 [/ b], burn :-D

P
Pav 31.07.21

?!

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

[b] ivan [/ b], Ghhh .. that's for sure .. my sister's boyfriend .. a non-eater .. lives for her account in her apartment and doesn’t do anything except chop in PS2 /// I already fucked him twice. ..and kicked it out .. and he was not in any way .. yes she too ... stupid fool ... Tpa loves ... and she studies and works. played normally .. but apart from Tekken 5, he doesn’t know how anymore .. to Steve plays in life .._ badly ... I tear him like a Czech woman ... I even called me a cheater ... in general, this is correct .. many people are manic in their possibilities with games ...: fight:

i
ivan 31.07.21

[quote name = "Solidus Snake"] [b] ivan [/ b], Ghhh..that's for sure..My sister's boyfriend is a non-eater .. lives for her account in her apartment and does not do anything except chop in PS2 / // I already fucked him twice ... and kicked him out ... but he was not in any way ... yes, she too ... stupid fool ... Tpa loves ... and she studies and works. And he scored at the institute to work .. in general, ugly, if I would have played okay ... but apart from Tekken 5, he doesn’t know how to do anything anymore .. he plays like Steve in life .._ badly ... I tear him like a Czech woman ... I even called me a cheater ... in general, this is correct

.. many people are manic in their possibilities with games ...: fight: [/ quote] Well Duc fuck him up again, but take Sonya: twisted:
An acquaintance of mine, too, owes a loan, but he hasn't worked anywhere for a year already, he sits on a pussy and does not toss and turn, and as luck would have it, the guarantor has already repaid part of the debt for him, I will not pay more esessno for him, let him have better bailiffs The PC will be withdrawn for debts, it will be more convenient to run around - to look for a job.

F
Frost-sama 31.07.21

gouge nafig Sonya and all business =)

S
Solidus snake 31.07.21

I can't say it yet. It's a pity in the first place ... I really love this console ... that PSX that PS2 ... I even downloaded an emulsion on my PSP, and I gamble in Final fantasy 7 ... it was so good ... ..in the second, he always sits at her house. I still don't touch him ... and this bastard is still grinning with a malicious hare ... (as he wants to give him one more jaw). I tell her that he is a freak, but she is not in any ... summer will come and go to work ... promised ... By the way, he earned himself on PS2 ... one month he ran as a waiter ... and then with fines ... and that's it ... I worked ... Recently I met him on the street at the store , so this schmuck even did not deign to carry a bag with a havchik ... Sister called me ..like so I could help. And I say ... - and he is what for? and she ... - he was tired all day on his feet, we walked with him ... From such words I was speechless: shocked: ... EARTH STOP I WILL GET OUT AT THIS STOP ... well, I could not resist and sent both of them to three funny letters ... Fuck you ... that's how I live ... thank God that my younger sister is smart ... atoms The same tower was torn off the other day. I found the guy ... and like he wants to live separately with him ... The older one has heard enough and drives them out .. well, the little one I quickly quieted down ... and her boyfriend ... that turned out to be an extremely sucker ... here are my friends ...Thank God that the younger sister is smart ... the very same tower blew off the other day. I found the guy ... and, like, wants to live separately with him ... The older one has heard enough and is driving away .. well, the little one I quickly quieted down ... and her boyfriend .. he turned out to be an extremely sucker ... This is how things are, my friends ...Thank God that the younger sister is smart ... the very same tower blew off the other day. I found the guy ... and, like, wants to live separately with him ... The older one has heard enough and is driving away .. well, the little one I quickly quieted down ... and her boyfriend .. he turned out to be an extremely sucker ... This is how things are, my friends ...

L
Lucifer 31.07.21

Straight you are so cool, I nimaguuu :-D
If you continue to judge by the principle: all suckers, and I'm cool, then you won't last long, I guarantee.
I remember how you told me how you used to play with consoles and that those who bought them are suckers and are given, why is it interesting? is able with his fucking philosophy to put her on the right path: lol:
Start with yourself and never drag dirty linen from the hut, a real strong man will never show weakness, as you do, in life you must always rely only on yourself 8)
If you are not you know how and what, then study, and do not do so that others hear about your problems at least with an ear.
Only old and German women gossip on the benches :-D
And one more thing: WE ARE NOT YOU FRIENDS: mrgreen:

x
xaxatun 31.07.21

[color = gray] [size = 75] offtopic: [b] Solidus Snake [/ b], my advice, the ugly urine will not be dumped from the apartment yet, but in general call the cops better, on what grounds is he in someone else's apartment? and give your sister a slap in the face too, nothing good will come of it with him, only it will ruin her life. This is a gigolo of pure water, and then humiliate her. [/ size] [/ color]