3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rodion 06.08.21 09:57 pm

Metroid

Today I finally read the normal preview of 3rd Prime, and while I'm in: shock: first boss Ridley, my happiness has no limits, since Meta Ridley is in my opinion the best boss of all Metroids. they will switch over each other like beams in the Super Metroid, and there will also be 2 standard visors from the first 2 primes, i.e. battalion commander, and scan, the X-ray visor will return from the 1st, and the new visor-command visor will allow Samus to control the ship (wow, I can imagine how much new this visor will add to the gameplay mechanics). You can also now use the grapple hook everywhere in order to to discard the shields of the enemies and remove the obstacles. Also it became known that Samus is infected with a phason, and she will be able to use the phason to enter some kind of hyper mode, nothing is known about him, it is only known,
By the way, what is your favorite Metroid? I personally have Super Metroid, and 1st Prime.
90 Comments
Sort by:
T
TEDIZZZ 06.08.21

[quote name = "Lucifer"] Is this that fart robot game? : D Probably cool! : mrgreen: [/ quote]

It looks like someone lamented: lol:

All metroids are good, well, maybe, except for the first 2 (probably because of the graphics).
The primes have a really awesome atmosphere. Perhaps this is the main thing for me in metroids.
Fedya is right about something, about tediousness (but not everywhere and not always) it seems to me that the metroid needs to be passed in one breath, otherwise it may really seem boring.
Again, the game takes me with its atmosphere: visor, environment, music - super! Therefore, I give preference to primes, which .. xs: razz:

m
max-max 06.08.21

Lucifer would have gone into the IGU topic and said, is this that zombie with an idiotic voice? oh! probably cool: mrgreen:

M
Makc 06.08.21

I saw a glimpse of Prime (hz what) from a friend. I did not particularly like it and I did not notice the atmosphere there, but the friend was splashing saliva with delight. Of course, I saw too little of it to make a full conclusion about this game, but it didn't immediately catch on, unlike some other toys in my life. : D

And Supermetroyd is a gorgeous game - one of the best on SNES. True, I did not have the patience to go through it (at 8-9 years old it is better to play DK or to play different Batman), but the game was really good. Recently, on the emule in her gamal - not for long, though - just a couple of hours, but I remembered the past, I was glad.

L
Lucifer 06.08.21

I played Metroid. Honestly. : D

r
rodion 06.08.21

about the boring metroid, mlyn you bent, I went through the 1st prime 8 times, the 1st on the counter was 22 hours, then all the passes were in the region of 10, I never played the game in one sitting, and the game never bothered me, I could not tear myself away , especially to Phazon Mines (the level design is a little lame there), in particular I'm shocked by Kozo Ruins, and by Fendran Drifts, plus I love bosses, the flag and meta Ridley are super, there are no such bosses anywhere else, I look forward to the battle with Ridley in prime 3em.

L
Lucifer 06.08.21

Supermetroid atmosphere in everything, the music itself was already awe-inspiring! Sci-fi horror I would say: P

r
rodion 06.08.21

Lucifer then you have such a subtle humor?
by the way, judging by what is known about the 3rd prime, the atmosphere there will be strikingly different from the 1st two, you will have to say goodbye to loneliness behind enemy lines, since there will be some kind of war, a bunch of bounty hunters, and ordinary soldiers, against hordes of space pirates ...

L
Lucifer 06.08.21

Yes it will already be shitty Star Wars: D

r
rodion 06.08.21

listen don’t talk nonsense, metroid is a classic, whether you like it or not. and your opinion somehow does not really interest anyone, especially since you have not even passed any of them.

D
Di 06.08.21

Metroid - how much of this sound has merged for our heart!))))
The first prime is a work of art. This is a game that I would certainly include in my top five favorite projects (if anyone is interested, along with The legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask,
"Europe 2", Uncharted Waters 2, Eternal Darkness - I consider each of these to be a great game, although the list some will find it strange).
The first prime has incredible graphics and atmosphere, at one time it had no competitors in these areas. A powerful plot component, an eternally oppressive state of complete loneliness (which is no longer in the second), a corresponding brilliant soundtrack. Playing and replaying, over and over again I came to the conclusion that this game has a lot in common ... with Myst, oddly enough. When in the devastated world there were only written (although "written" - not entirely correct) evidence of the former greatness of the disappeared civilizations. And the gameplay is more adventurous than FPS.
There were very few games of this scale. How worked is the huge world, filled with life, which (life), in principle, on the drum, what Samus is doing there, is shocked by the design of the locations as well as their design, the enormous freedom of action, which at such a level has never been seen in shooters (if I'm wrong, correct ), the widest scope for exploring the world.
The mentioned plot is a separate song. A monumental story about the collapse of civilization, seemingly simple - but as lifted - it just needs to be seen and felt.
It was said here that the primes have little in common with their predecessors, my opinion is wrong.
In the beginning, I went through the first Cuban metroid and only then returned to two-dimensional, was surprised to find that I was playing something very familiar, albeit different. The atmosphere, the surroundings were very close - and these elements in the series, IMHO, are the main thing.
The first prime, I repeat, is a work of art.

r
rodion 06.08.21

not only prime art, all metroids are masterpieces, there have never been any frankly weak games in the series, each metroid is original, moreover, each metroid has a slightly different atmosphere, the metroid is what the castvania was cloned from, starting with the symphony of the night (in vain, by the way, they started doing this , I have more castling in the style of the 2nd: I liked simons quest on ness, my favorite castling), metroid for fans of nin games has always been something more than the whole bunch of her other mascots, since it was by and large at one time was the only game which has not been wrapped in a child-accessible wrapper (mario, zelda, etc.).

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 2 minutes 8 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

on the topic of international darkness (one of the best games I've ever played), I hope there will be a continuation, of course in and.

D
Di 06.08.21

[b] rodion [/ b],
The creator of the series is Gunpei Yokoi, not Miyamoto. Yokoi was also the creator of the GameBoy series of systems, in some places he was called the teacher of Shigeryu himself. I think this is one of the important reasons why this series is very different in spirit from the rest of Nintendo. For the sake of fairness, it should be noted that for most of these very "others", IMHO, only a wrapper can be called a nursery.
Metroid was hardly initially positioned as a "children's" product - and this, I agree, is atypical for Nintendo of the late 80s era.
Let's just say, the word "art" with a capital letter, unfortunately, it's hard for me to talk about other games in the series, because I don't know them as well as the first prime. There is no time to finally finish off the second prime - but the game is great.
As far as darkness is concerned, I don't really want to continue. So that you ("you" - whatever you like: mrgreen :) understand me correctly, IMHO, it's like Coppola would undertake to shoot the film "Dracula 2: Vlad's Revenge", that is, blasphemously in relation to the finished work. All sequels will already be far-fetched, created with the aim of squeezing out more money.
Darkness is not a Resident: razz:

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 13 minutes 4 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] rodion [/ b],
can I open a separate Temka on Eternal Darkness?
True, I'm afraid that there will only be the two of us: mrgreen: The game was appreciated by magazines, but not by gamers, which is a pity. The masses do not like non-standard approaches ... But the product turned out to be extraordinary!

r
rodion 06.08.21

you offend me, you think I don’t know who produced the first 3 metroids?
play super metroid you will not regret it, my favorite metroid, atmosphere of presence, ingenious gameplay, impeccable level design, all this in one project, well, it's over with big bosses, and a bunch of small features pleasant for fans.
I disagree about the continuation of the darkness, but at the end they clearly say that the eternal evil is immortal, and humanity hid it for a short time, so if you want to continue, you can do it, but it's better not to associate the second part with the first at all. , then it is no longer silicone knights will do it.

D
Di 06.08.21

[b] rodion [/ b],
"silicones" can be asked to help. Hopefully Nintendo retains the rights to the brand.
As the second part, I would take a game that continues the idea, but under a different name, developing a parallel branch of events. All the same, the action that previously took place in the epochs of the past is, IMHO, absurd to transfer to the future.
And you can find a lot of dark spots in history if you dig. Still, how healthy the game turned out. Bravo to the "silicon knights": mrgreen: !!!
As for the metroid, the "super" has already started to pass for a long time, but, again, there is no time yet ... Maybe I'll continue tonight ...)))

r
rodion 06.08.21

Yes, the brand belongs to Nin, there are still no fools sitting there to waste such gold, I think Nin will not work with silicone knights anymore, since they were not satisfied with the sales of the games they produced, and Nin also wanted silicones to make small ones cute games after metal gear, no large-scale projects, so Nin let them go, despite the fact that she has 20% of their shares.

D
Di 06.08.21

[b] rodion [/ b],
so as not to "offtopic" - we move to another topic, otherwise the conversation is no longer about the metroid)))

m
max-max 06.08.21

About the atmosphere, yes.
Well, the rezik is good too: D

r
rodion 06.08.21

It seems to me that the 2nd in terms of the world and the plot was collected on the ruins of the 1st, the luminots are very similar to the gozo in history, however, unlike the gozo, they have not yet disappeared from the face of the avar. I personally like them less, some of them are militant. the locations of the second metroid are almost all similar to the locations of the first, torvus god is on tallon overworld, temple grounds on gozo ruins, eigon also looks like gozo ruins, also little retro power was invested in the elaboration of dark ayver, it is less impressive than light.
the main drawback is the bosses, there are very few grandiose, big bosses, in the 1st prime they were all like that. but in terms of gameplay, the 2nd prime has gone far ahead of the 1st, bosses are killed in a variety of ways, what is the boss of which needs to be killed while being only in the morph, and a lot of such jokes, not only with bosses, but in general, the eco visor is also a cute thing, True, many people think that retro has failed to implement it in gameplay. but the dark visor is almost the same X ray visor, nothing special.
And even in the 2nd prime there are no rooms from which you just groan, in the 1st there were a lot of such rooms, especially in the Fendran Drifts and Kozo Ruins.

D
Di 06.08.21

As for the second prime: from a design point of view, it is very interesting, graphically more effective than the first, this was to be expected, the game became a little more linear, the plot is much weaker (so far it seems), it has lost its atmosphere in comparison with the first part - no more loneliness, not so much an impressive number of pseudo open spaces (and they were impressive), the muddle with two worlds is successful, the gameplay has become more dynamic and less "contemplative", which, for me, is a minus of the second part.
This is still a rather superficial assessment, because the game has not been completed even once, moreover, even a third has not yet been completed.

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 6 minutes 7 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] rodion [/ b],
read your post from 15 14:06. About the gameplay, about "gone far ahead", IMHO, it is said loudly.

r
rodion 06.08.21

Well, in principle, I went through the second only once, now I want to go through the second time, but I played with not very great pleasure, just like in a cool din. I was still waiting for something on a level comparable to the first pass through the Fendran drifts, but I never got it.
but in general I really hope for the 3rd prime, though again retro are going to completely change the atmosphere as far as I understand, moreover, dialogues will appear in the metroid (I pray that the samus remains dumb).