3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlindGuard 06.08.21 10:15 pm

What is important to you in games?

What do you especially love, value, look for in games in general and in specific genres in particular?

Gameplay, plot, graphics, music, sound, multiplayer, controls ...?

What is important to you in the first place, what is not so strong, and what does not really matter at all?

I propose to compile personal charts.

Here's mine, regarding games in general:

1) The plot

2) Gameplay

3) Music

4) Graphics

5) 'Atmosphere'

6) Sound

124 Comments
Sort by:
l
lastman 06.08.21

Definitely drive, well, I love shooters. The graph also matters, so that the enemies are better seen. And Mouzon is a downhole thread for adrenaline. Gee-gee. : uzi: : encore:

N
Nospheratu 06.08.21

1. ATMOSPHERE - the most ephemeral and difficult to execute, because we are talking about the feelings evoked in the player, vague associations, snatches of impressions from previous games and ordinary life. There is almost NEVER a clear-cut atmosphere in a game.

2. GAMEPLAY is a harder substance, unfortunately it is not invented independently, but almost always "licked" by others.

3. Plot - it either plays a major role, or is not required at all.

4. GRAPHICS - everything is clear here.

5. SOUND - here too.

6. MUSIC - just like the plot, it should not interfere, therefore it is not required in many games (Splinter Cell, SWAT 4, etc.)

H
HAEMHuK 06.08.21

HAEMHuK

Pedstav 'sebe da

I mean, it's not a problem to start, but what about "sticky mouse buttons in systems like Windows NT"? Ptamusha I'm tired of shooting with a delay ... Harasho at least prashol her still on ME ..: twisted:

e
edgard 06.08.21

And for me, Shizika and gameplay and graphics are important

M
MaddoG 06.08.21

Plot, plot and plot again ... In role-playing games. Yes, and in 3D action games would not hurt ...

D
Devastator 06.08.21

It is extremely important for me that the game presents a world (a part of the world, a corner, a piece, an island, no matter what), in which you can live, wander, and that this world itself also lives, by itself ...

For example, I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed with Gothic. The world lives there relatively ... If only the wolves roamed the forest ate, slept, the same about the orcs ... So that you could sit down somewhere and watch the life of the orc camp ... And they stand stupidly, how else in the first quake was, and they wait until you come and bang them all ... boring ... The only city of Khorinis and the castle in Minentel are really made, there people sleep and work and train ...

Hmm ...

And as for the graphics ... the main thing is to look pleasant, and the rest is not so important ...

y
yevgenius 06.08.21

It is also important that the game has a non-linear plot.

M
Metadron 06.08.21

I chtob v sujete v konce bila "izuminka"

D
Darth master 06.08.21

The main thing is that the game is interesting and fascinating, and the rest is settled !!! : mrgreen:

R
Raipper 06.08.21

It is also important that the game has a non-linear plot.

It depends on what games ... sometimes you don't know what to do with a straightforward one ....:?

y
yevgenius 06.08.21

It depends on what games ... sometimes you don't know what to do with straightforward games .... Did you mean non-straightforward games?

All games have only one plot: The good beat the bad. It's the same everywhere: roll : uzi: :: stupid:

S
SanSanych 06.08.21

The plot is the basis of all games, maybe, except for Action-shooters, there is one thing - you or you.

For each his own, I do not argue, but for me:

1.Plot

2.Atmosphere

3.Graphics

4.Sound

In addition, not everyone can afford games with high requirements, so it becomes more important not the graphics, but just the plot, or so that the game is just interesting, and I think this depends not only on the graphics ...

R
Rodney 06.08.21

1. The plot

2. Gameplay

3. Graphics

4. Music

5. Sound

y
yevgenius 06.08.21

In addition, not everyone can afford games with high requirements, so it becomes more important not the graphics, but just the plot, or so that the game is just interesting, and I think this depends not only on the graphics ...

: agree:

This is a good game IGI-2, but it is not possible to play any control there.

Here in KONTRA, what is needed in ... atstoy. Although…

S
SuperFedya 06.08.21

1. Textures

2. Simulation

3. And so that it was for the PC

M
Metadron 06.08.21

"3. And so that it was for the PC"

Well, you give Fedya.

K
Kay'L 669 06.08.21

"3. And so that it was for the PC"

Well, you give Fedya.

Pay no attention. Fedya is joking like that.: gigi:

In general, a computer game, by definition, can only be on a computer. Games on consoles - video games.

G
Guest 06.08.21

1. Textures

2. Simulation

3. And so that it was for the PC

Yes, Fedka. There is no such thing on Ps2 :)

R
Rupert 06.08.21

In general, a computer game, by definition, can only be on a computer. Games on consoles - video games.

But what about the ports? Do they fall under the definition of computer games?

K
Kay'L 669 06.08.21

But what about the ports? Do they fall under the definition of computer games?

IMHO the port from the console to the PC can be called a computer game, and the port from the PC to the console can be called a video game.