3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BlindGuard 06.08.21 10:15 pm

What is important to you in games?

What do you especially love, value, look for in games in general and in specific genres in particular?

Gameplay, plot, graphics, music, sound, multiplayer, controls ...?

What is important to you in the first place, what is not so strong, and what does not really matter at all?

I propose to compile personal charts.

Here's mine, regarding games in general:

1) The plot

2) Gameplay

3) Music

4) Graphics

5) 'Atmosphere'

6) Sound

124 Comments
Sort by:
N
NarayanCat 06.08.21

American McGee is also not bad ...
like Dave Perri ... his Earthworm Jim steered the Sega unconditionally)))
Mouline created, it seems, on X-BOX FABLE ... I really want to, but no X-Voh'a ... maybe ported ... but once I read about her as a Project Ego for PC ... yes-a-a-a-a-long time in .EXE

D
Devastator 06.08.21

What are you talking about?
Topic: "What is important to you in computer games?"

What's important? It is important for me to live! Alternative life!

Games are the most excellent place where you can escape from reality, which sometimes becomes simply unbearable (as I have now).
However, hiding in games is also bad, otherwise it's not far from the diagnosis. : upto:

N
NarayanCat 06.08.21

for me, it is probably important that it is interesting to play)) without looking at the graphics, special effects ... on the other hand, sometimes it's just interesting to look at the achievements of game development (like Doom 3), but you may not be able to play)))

A
ARLe 06.08.21

I personally don’t even think too much. A way of entertainment, I think so. What is our life? A game! Here we play.

* Olessia * 06.08.21

[quote name = "Devastator"]
What's important? It is important for me to live! Alternative life! [/ Quote]
yeah: agree:

I'll add on my own:

it's important that the game manages to capture the player's fantasy, immerse him in the atmosphere of another world, make him live for a while with a different reality, and the plot, graphics, gameplay, music are just tools used by both talented "creators of other worlds" and crooked "artisans of the gaming industry".

B
Berlin 06.08.21

: shock: Wrote great! Caressing the ear.

The main thing is that the game evokes emotions. Excitement, fear, hatred - a thirst for revenge!

- Oh, you padono .. !! - you think, looking at the sentimental screensaver. - Offended the unfortunate girl, you rejoice at her weakness. Try to defeat me, level one hundred and thirty, with a sword large enough to fit a monitor.
After five reboots, the adversary falls at your feet and writhes in agony. The girl throws herself on your neck, and kisses ... kisses ... You stroke her delicate hair and say that you have begged for only an hour of life to save her, and now you have to burn forever in hell. The girl falls to her knees, sobs, and you, so strong, broad-shouldered, go beyond the horizon.
: sad:

A
ARLe 06.08.21

In what game did you see this interesting?

B
Berlin 06.08.21

[quote name = "ARLe"] Et in what game did you see this interesting? [/ quote]
: crazy: In your imagination.

N
NarayanCat 06.08.21

rich imagination ...))
however, for example, I am drawn by the Prince of Persia (warrior within which), but I do not identify myself with him, and I do not really like the low-poly beauties that meet there ... I just wonder ... the world is beautiful in places))

B
Berlin 06.08.21

[quote name = "NarayanCat"] rich imagination ...))
however, for example, I am drawn by the Prince of Persia (warrior within which), but I do not identify myself with him, and I do not really like the low-poly beauties that are found there. .. I'm just wondering ... the world is beautiful in places)) [/ quote]
: P About that and speech. You like. It means that something interested you in it. Feelings or Emotions? A sense of freedom, strength, dexterity, drive, interest in weapons. Even if it's not you, and you don't even understand why you like this game. Everything is buried in your head.
By the way, warrior within is a really worthwhile game.

N
NarayanCat 06.08.21

that's why it is addictive because it is standing, I agree))
I personally did not have a sense of freedom, strength, dexterity)) I am not like the Prince)) but, I don’t know what, but I hooked ... maybe immersion, but not with identification, but as in a fairy tale ... in an interactive one) with a beautiful "animation"))

* Olessia * 06.08.21

but I didn't like the second Prince ... maybe because I don't have a game pad? :)

N
NarayanCat 06.08.21

I don't have a gamepad either ... but enjoyed playing ...

* Olessia * 06.08.21

yes about the gamepad it's me just like that)) it's not about him)) all this acrobatics ... it's not mine.

A
ARLe 06.08.21

Still, the most important thing in the game is the gameplay. That's why she is a game. And no beautiful world can hold you back if this game has crappy gameplay.

* Olessia * 06.08.21

what do you include in the concept of "gameplay"?

A
ARLe 06.08.21

How much fun this game is to play. Simple and straightforward. Ideal samples: HALO, UT2003-2004, Tone Hawk's Pro Skater, Half-Life 1-2, Max Payne 2. Not all of these games have a mega-world. Just wondering!

N
NarayanCat 06.08.21

well-oo-oo-oo ... I strongly disagree with [b] ARLe [/ b] ... neither HALO nor UT2003 / 4 hooked me up ... especially since UT is basically a multiplayer. .. halva the first, by the way, also in no way ... didn’t smack ... I’m prashol, but not because SUPER-POOPER, but it was just interesting to finish off ... Max Payne ... right here to the point ... addictive very ... the atmosphere rules ... it is this one, and not in fysekh "atmospheric" games, because, as I already said, HL1 did not catch on in any way ...
but about the multiplayer ... Ku2 / 3 rule foreva ... without fsyakih)))

* Olessia * 06.08.21

and Halo doesn't catch me either .. after the first 10 minutes she stopped playing ... this rarely happens to me

NarayanCat, and when did you play in Half-Life 1? I was just when she was published ... in the year 1998 it seems))) then there were no games equal to her, a classic)) oh, how catchy ...

A
ARLe 06.08.21

[quote name = "NarayanCat"] neither HALO nor UT2003 / 4 caught me ... especially since UT is a multiplayer basically ... the first halva, by the way, is also in no way ... I can't get it ... , but not because SUPER-POOPER, but it was just interesting to finish off ... Max Payne ... right here to the point ... very addictive ... the atmosphere rules ... this one, and not in the "atmospheric" games, because, as I have already said, HL1 did not hook in any way ...
but about multiplayer ... Ku2 / 3 rule Foreva ... bezofsyakih))) [/ quote]

There is no dispute about tastes, but HELO and UT are included in my "top ten crazy gameplay". And KU 3 is also there, of course, I forgot about him foolish head: gigi :. And in HL, you probably just started late. HL clung very strongly in those days, and after a couple of years you could fall in love with her if you wanted to, but you didn't.