3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hero olympus 07.08.21 11:35 pm

God of War (2018)

Platform: PS4

Publisher: SCE

Developer: Santa Monica Studio

Genre: Action Adventure

Release date: April 20, 2018

SCE Santa Monica is working on a new game in the God of War series, franchise creative director Corey Barlog officially confirmed during his performance at PlayStation Experience: God of War - Retrospective this evening.

“Yes, we are preparing another part of God of War,” he said.

https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/541365695536062464

Ynh0SK9yOqU.jpg

News from Gamespot: "There might be a reboot, but definitely not a prequel. The game is at a very early stage of development, and in the next 1-2 years, the game will definitely not be released."

Link - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-god-of-war-in-development-at-sony-santa-monica/1100-6424051/

125 Comments
Sort by:
s
shua0 07.08.21

Lord killers of gods, for placing spoilers in the topic, without hiding them, Mjolner will fly to the temporary Valhala!

For those who want to discuss the legends of Kratos' deeds in all details, welcome to the local Midgard! 

Guide to the location of treasure maps and excavation sites

Our review of God of War [10 of 10]

Modified April 22, 2018 by Azzy
Added links to guide and review.

r
reptail 07.08.21

I hope this will be a prequel, because we still do not know everything about Kratos' life, then you can have another prequel by the end of a generation and the last two prequels on the next generation. : up:

h
hero olympus 07.08.21

I hope this will be a prequel, because we still do not know everything about Kratos' life, then you can have another prequel by the end of a generation and the last two prequels on the next generation. : up:

Well, we have already said that this will be a restart of the entire series.

Modified December 7, 2014 by heroolympus

I
Ignis 07.08.21

Of course, I'm glad of the new Gov, but since the game is at a very early stage, then what have they been doing since March 2013

r
reptail 07.08.21

[member = 'heroolympus'], is it official? I've only seen this brief announcement so far and that's it.

Modified on December 7, 2014 by reptail

h
hero olympus 07.08.21

Of course, I'm glad of the new Gov, but since the game is at a very early stage, then what have they been doing since March 2013

Probably they helped other studios, develop games, and they seemed to be moving.

[member = 'heroolympus'], is it official? I've only seen this brief announcement so far and that's it.

Gamespot seems to be confirming, and other sites are catching up.

s
shua0 07.08.21

So it is stupid to merge the announcement, it must be able to. If again about Comrade. Kratos and ancient Greece, no thanks, that's enough.

s
superperson 07.08.21

I also hope that it is not ancient Greece. And yes they say that the new infa on the game is not earlier than 15-16 years.

G
GerrVinni 07.08.21

Yes, let them do it. The series is cool, with a graphon and an epic so far on Sonya, not very much. Well, with an epic for sure. The hero is recognizable. 
Hopefully there will be some changes in the mechanics, as it is rather primitive in my opinion. I want more adventure, beautiful views, riddles and complications of the battle.
I'm waiting.

K
Knuck knuck 07.08.21

Chet overdo it with sleepyheads. Well, the first three were excellent. The first one is just good, the second is freaky, the second is good with a grafon. But then there are already a million HD reprints, parts on PSP, completely unnecessary ascents, now the fifth. Well, what for?

Is it really necessary to be an unrealistically creative genius to come up with a new game about how homosapiens kills everything that appears on the screen with his bare hands and all sorts of objects?

K
Knuck knuck 07.08.21

[b] [member = 'Miles-Tails'] [/ b], then ok. though a little hard to believe

M
MRDrama 07.08.21

It will only be cool if they make a full-fledged adventure game like Zelda and Soul River with the original GoV combat. The sandbox is shorter. I would not refuse such a restart. If everything is the same again, then nafig is necessary.

m
masturbator666 07.08.21

If the development is led by the Balrog himself, then the game (even with zero infe) will be difficult not to wait. After all, I did the best part in the series. 

C
Chornolio 07.08.21

Let there be no restart. The series is still very fresh. The last part came out last year. Well, a piece after the credits GOW3 kind of hints. A change of priorities and big changes (openworld, for example, a change of GG, etc.) is quite possible, but the previous parts will not be annihilated.

M
MWorld II 07.08.21

I hope for a full-fledged continuation of GoW3 with an interesting concept. Yes, and leave Kratos, here is the last - the most desirable. AND TO BE MORE EVEN EVEN! 

h
hero olympus 07.08.21

The new God of War could be a relaunch of the series, but it definitely won't be a prequel. 

According to Corey Barlog, it will definitely be either a continuation of the God of War 3 story, if you remember the post-credits scene - Kratos' body was gone, or a full-fledged restart. "Definitely not another prequel." 

The game is at an early stage of development, more details should be expected in a year or two.

g
gluubzhe 07.08.21

The best option would really be to do with another hero, with also a difficult fate, but with Scandinavian mythology, reworking the gameplay and making it even more epic. But I doubt they’re so daring to change everything

D
DGQ 07.08.21

reboot? HM. well, blessing is not a spin-off. 

h
hero olympus 07.08.21

[member = 'DGQ'], well, either a reboot, or the continuation of part 3.

x
xWhItEWoLFx 07.08.21

http://www.stratege.ru/article/48468 Anyone interested in reading.