3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hero olympus 07.08.21 11:35 pm

God of War (2018)

Platform: PS4

Publisher: SCE

Developer: Santa Monica Studio

Genre: Action Adventure

Release date: April 20, 2018

SCE Santa Monica is working on a new game in the God of War series, franchise creative director Corey Barlog officially confirmed during his performance at PlayStation Experience: God of War - Retrospective this evening.

“Yes, we are preparing another part of God of War,” he said.

https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/541365695536062464

Ynh0SK9yOqU.jpg

News from Gamespot: "There might be a reboot, but definitely not a prequel. The game is at a very early stage of development, and in the next 1-2 years, the game will definitely not be released."

Link - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-god-of-war-in-development-at-sony-santa-monica/1100-6424051/

125 Comments
Sort by:
h
hero olympus 07.08.21

If you were hoping that Sony Santa Monica intends to reissue other chapters in the adventures of the Spartan warrior Kratos along with the newly announced reissue of God of War III for PS4, then the developers want to disappoint you. Well, or vice versa.

Aaron Kaufmann, the company's manager of community relations, said: "We are not planning to re-release other games in the series."

Since many remain indifferent to the idea of ​​re-releases / remasters, Kaufmann also explained the studio's position:

“We take your feedback into account and understand everything perfectly. However, remasters often help to increase the user base, and we want to attract those players who have not been able to play God of War III in the last 5 years and can now do it on PS4 It is often forgotten that the more fans a franchise has, the better for all of us. All of us at Santa Monica Studio want as many players as possible to be able to try out our projects. "

The studio has also reaffirmed the development of a new project for the PlayStation 4. It is possible that the upcoming God of War III Remastered is some kind of 'snack', which is intended to increase the number of fans of the God of War series before the release of something big.

The updated God of War III will go on sale on July 17th for $ 40. 

Who was there who said what else the ascent is doing for the PS4?

U
UnreaL 07.08.21

Why pay extra for remasters when you can buy a PS3 and go through it cheaply?

Why buy an old console when all of its major games come out on a new one?

because it's cheaper?

you took the console off your hands and a collection of the same year for a penny and you play, and there are still a whole bunch of good games that may not be republished

T
Thief1987 07.08.21

So is it good that there won't be other parts, or bad? I'm somehow confused in the logic of milked by remasters.

C
Charmander 07.08.21

[quote name = 'UnreaL' timestamp = '1427030972' post = '4745040'] because it's cheaper? [/ quote] No, 4k had to go out.

U
UnreaL 07.08.21

So is it good that there won't be other parts, or bad? I'm somehow confused in the logic of milked by remasters.

one game for $ 40-60 is bad

a collection of several games - ok

questions?

n
nagibator666 07.08.21

The screams that the new generation needs to familiarize themselves with the series is ridiculous against the background of the fact that GoV 3, in fact, is already the end of the epic of the adventures of a Spartan.

J
Jaguarz55 07.08.21

[quote name = "nagibator666" post = "4745065" timestamp = "1427031796"] The cries that the new generation needs to familiarize themselves with the series are ridiculous given the fact that Gov 3 is essentially the end of the epic of the adventures of a Spartan. [/ quote] Fourth part in developing.

n
nagibator666 07.08.21

[member = 'Jaguarz55'], so what? The series has 6 parts and even portable ones have some value for understanding what is happening. And if you have never played any game before, then in the fourth you will need to thoroughly explain the whole situation, and not as it is usually done superficially at the very beginning.

Sony still needed to release all the parts in one collection and no one would be outraged.

[quote name = 'Jaguarz55' timestamp = '1427031856' post = '4745066'] The fourth part is in development. [/ quote]

has there already been an announcement? There were some leftist rumors, but they do not inspire confidence. 

T
Tinkino 07.08.21

[quote name = 'nagibator666' timestamp = '1427032299' post = '4745075'] has there already been an announcement? There were some left-wing rumors, but they do not inspire confidence. [/ quote]

Corey Barlog (director of the second part) confirmed after PS Expirens that the fourth part is officially in development.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/06/next-god-of-war-officially-confirmed-to-be-in-development

h
hero olympus 07.08.21

The screams that the new generation needs to familiarize themselves with the series is ridiculous against the background of the fact that GoV 3, in fact, is already the end of the epic of the adventures of a Spartan.

The fourth part is in development.

I think they will change the mythology and the character. 

J
Jaguarz55 07.08.21

[quote name = "nagibator666" post = "4745075" timestamp = "1427032299"] [b] [member = 'Jaguarz55'] [/ b], so what? The series has 6 parts and even portable ones have some value for understanding what is happening. And if you have never played any game before, then in the fourth you will need to thoroughly explain the whole situation, and not as it is usually done superficially at the very beginning. Sony still needed to release all the parts in one collection and no one would be outraged. [quote name = "Jaguarz55" post = "4745066" timestamp = "1427031856"] The fourth part is in development. [/ quote] Has there already been an announcement? There were some left-wing rumors, but they do not inspire confidence. [/ quote] Well, if the answer from Santa Monica herself at the Playstation Experiece at the Q&A stand that a new part in development is not considered an announcement, then I xs. And so trailers / teasers have not been shown yet. They just mentioned what they were doing

n
nagibator666 07.08.21

[quote name = 'heroolympus' timestamp = '1427032480' post = '4745082'] I think they will change the mythology and the character. [/ quote]

Then definitely fail. 

[quote name = 'Tinkino' timestamp = '1427032420' post = '4745079'] Corey Barlog (second part director) confirmed after PS Expirens that part 4 is officially in development. [/ quote]

Something I somehow missed this case. Then I even more don't understand Sonya's motives. The Kratos Collection is just asking for it.

h
hero olympus 07.08.21

I think they will change the mythology and the character. 

Then definitely fail. 

Corey Barlog (director of the second part) confirmed after PS Expirens that the fourth part is officially in development.

Something I somehow missed this case. Then I even more don't understand Sonya's motives. The Kratos Collection is just asking for it.

However, I just study their twitter, instagram, where they post a bunch of everything ... In general, we'll see.

J
Joker 07.08.21

[member = 'Shaitan'], Overpay 3k for games that you can buy for pastgen for a mower, as you don't want to

M
MWorld II 07.08.21

[quote name = 'heroolympus' timestamp = '1427030666' post = '4745028'] Who was there who said that they also do ascent for PS4? [/ quote]

shinobi 

T
Thief1987 07.08.21

one game for $ 40-60 is bad

a collection of several games - ok

questions?

So what about "Let them make new games, not waste time on remasters"? One game is easier to make than six.

L
LevelEnd 07.08.21

[member = 'Thief1987'], It's just that someone can spend money on a normal re-release of old parts, but someone does not, but rather do not even want to. Well, you will allocate a budget for a remaster at least for the main parts, from 1 to 3. The episode is ten years old, make a gift to the fans, who, as you yourself said, are millions. But no, here's one piece for $ 40.

Modified on March 22, 2015 by LevelEnd

U
UnreaL 07.08.21

[member = 'Thief1987'], the ports are still noname studios are usually engaged in

J
Jelektronik 07.08.21

[member = 'Shaitan'], Overpay 3k for games that you can buy for pastgen for a mower, as you don't want to

To each his own, I have a PS3 gamepad in nightmares and the opportunity to play some hits from PS3 on a normal gamepad is already a serious advantage.

S
SupaDupa 07.08.21

It seems to me that they have conceived this for a long time.

Here (2013 article) at the end you can read about thoughts about PS4 - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-sony-santa-monica-mastered-the-ps3