3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DriverUFO 30.10.21 08:53 pm

Half-Life: Alyx

alyx-puzzle.jpg

Trailer: 

Genre: First-Person Shooter / VR

Publisher: Valve 

Developer: Valve 

Platforms: PC

Release date: 23.03.2020

Modified on March 25, 2020 by DriverUFO
124 Comments
Sort by:
F
FrostM 30.10.21

22 minutes ago, Beren said:

It may be inconvenient only for a person who generally does not digest shooters on gamepads, but for such a remake it makes no sense. There are no problems there: twice the game with episodes was completely played. The controls are normal, there is a non-aggressive assist, all the features of the gamepad are taken into account. I can't even imagine what changes can be made. 

: frog27:

Shaw say, I'm going through the second episode and I understand that I'm not ok.

I've been playing shooters on consoles since 2009.

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

11 minutes ago, Humidifier said:

And VR will remain an exotic pribluda until, firstly, ergonomics are worked out to perfection, and secondly, until the availability is at the level of conventional consoles. To play Half-Life: Alyx, a person needs to have a top-end computer and a VR helmet, which itself stands like an airplane wing. Who needs it for that kind of money?

EJunTvxWsAEJDvQ.jpg

: icon_mrgreen:

R
RondelR 30.10.21

1 hour ago, Minolta said:

I am more afraid of the phrase for a year they decided to remake the game, again, they could have released three games already, if they bring the matter to the end

So the same HL2 10 times probably remade ... the HL2 that we know, in fact, began to do only in 2002.
Well, under the alteration does not necessarily mean that everything is from scratch, just a script and levels in the trash, and some elements from the old ones are left (objects, part of the level, some gameplay solutions) at least with HL2 it was, as with HL1.

N
Nobel gamer 30.10.21

2 hours ago, Minolta said:

I just looked at how much Valve index is selling a full set of 135 rubles.

The Oculus Rift S will be giving away this holiday for $ 350. 

If it works with all SteamVR compatible helmets, it turns out that even on Windows VR it should work, which in general can be bought for 200 bucks.

2 hours ago, Yourepicfail said:

- The scriptwriters of the game are Eric Wolpo (writer of the Portal series, co-writer of episodes for Half-Life 2) and Jay Pinkerton (co-writer of Portal 2 and the Left 4 Dead series. Author of some comics and videos on Team Fortress 2);
- The original scenario of the game from a newcomer to the series (let's assume that we are talking about Rob Yescombene, screenwriter for RiME and Farpoint) did not satisfy the testers and Valve;
- At the beginning of this year, Valve decided to redesign the game and called Wolpo and Pinkerton to write a new script. The final version turned out to be excellent not only for the nerds of the universe, but also for beginners;
- The team members include Robin Walker (co-author of all parts of Team Fortress) and Dario Casali (level designer for Final DOOM and the Half-Life series);
- Testers describe the game as excellent in terms of design and gameplay;

We must take)

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

28 minutes ago, Nobel Gamer said:

I would not advise now to take any VR devices, it is better at the time of release to take the most recent version, vaccinated against childhood sores, with maximum FOV, hertz, resolution, etc.

In addition, it is not yet known whether the game is worth all this, whether the release will be postponed for a year, or even canceled altogether ... 

A
ANDREvv 30.10.21

50 minutes ago, Grantovich said:

it is better at the time of release to take the most recent version, vaccinated against childhood sores, with maximum FOV, hertz, resolution, etc.

No other helmets will be available in March 2020. Perhaps it will just be 50 bucks cheaper.

Before buying something, I advise you to just go to a VR game with normal hardware and try out 4-5 of the best projects (most of which are Oculus exclusives). If you suddenly want to play it again in a week, then you can think about buying. But with 90% probability it will not want to, it has been checked many times - in reality everything is much more prosaic than many have imagined for themselves.: troll_face_20:

M
Minolta 30.10.21

I hope they don't break me on Thursday, really hope? 

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

2 hours ago, ANDREvv said:

No other helmets will be available in March 2020.

How can we say something like that in our time ... The Chinese (xiaomi and other huavei) will cut through the demand, and by this period they may have already released a couple of revisions.

A
ANDREvv 30.10.21

Grantovich If you hate your eyes and vestibular apparatus so much that you are ready to put any bucket on your head if only cheaper - it's your business, although it seems to me that there are much simpler ways to bring yourself to migraines and nausea.

Well, besides, normal pads are very important - and they are only at the oculus and especially the index.

Modified on November 20, 2019 by ANDREvv

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

3 hours ago, Nobel Gamer said:

By the way, you shouldn't take it at all, the oculus used to have a 90 Hz hertz, but in this version they made 80, the same HTC vive - 144 Hz, which gives a better immersion effect due to more relevant frames, smoother picture and better responsiveness in control.

3 minutes ago, ANDREvv said:

Grantovich If you hate your eyes and vestibular apparatus so much that you are ready to put any bucket on your head if only cheaper - it's your business, although it seems to me that there are much simpler ways to bring yourself to migraines and nausea.

Well, besides, normal pads are very important - and they are only at the oculus and especially the index.

I meant more relevant and modified versions of helmets, their development does not stand still, they continue to improve, and the Chinese perfectly copy other people's technologies.

A
ANDREvv 30.10.21

7 minutes ago, Grantovich said:

I meant more current and modified versions of helmets, their development does not stand still

Yeah, literally every month new ones are made.: icon_rolleyes:

In case you are suddenly unaware, this is a little more difficult than riveting mobile phones on an android, and any major improvement requires unaddressed R&D costs. Which, with a microscopic market size, are no longer needed by anyone.

There is Vive, there is Vive Pro (which is even less convenient), there is Index, as well as a couple of almost identical Oculus - that's all. Any other device = junk.

10 minutes ago, Grantovich said:

for the same HTC vive - 144Hz

He has 90, Index 120 is in default.

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

29 minutes ago, ANDREvv said:

He has 90, Index 120 is in default.

Slightly confused, I meant the index, which has a 144Hz operating mode

https://3dnews.ru/986786

===

But even 144 is far from the limit, according to my personal observations of my 240Hz monik, the ideal smoothness of the picture starts at about 190Hz / fps.

So all helmets still have room to grow.

The figure 200Hz is what VR helmets need to strive for, and certainly not less than 144.

Modified on November 20, 2019 by Grantovich

A
ANDREvv 30.10.21

Grantovich In this case, VR is simply contraindicated for you. Ordinary people have no problems even with 90 frames.

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

3 minutes ago, ANDREvv said:

Grantovich In this case, VR is simply contraindicated for you. Ordinary people have no problems even with 90 frames.

I am sure that 60 will be the norm for many beer drinkers, but this does not mean that this is enough for the maximum immersion effect and top-end experience.

That's why I wrote on the first page of this topic that VR is not yet ripe to take it. In 10 years it will be brought to mind, at best.

W
Water 30.10.21

now we would expect normal games from the current valv, wang shit of average significance by 7 points, which relative to past games valv = drain 

A
ANDREvv 30.10.21

Grantovich In 10 years, the bucket format on the head can only be found in the museum, and XR-glasses from Apple or someone else will steer.

And they will have 90-120 Hz, yes.: troll_face_18:

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

2 minutes ago, ANDREvv said:

Grantovich In 10 years, the bucket format on the head can only be found in the museum, and XR-glasses from Apple or someone else will steer.

And they will have 90-120 Hz, yes.: troll_face_18:

Screens of 240Hz are already being shoved into mobile phones, where these Hz and fuck did not fall ...

https://www.igromania.ru/news/86600/Smartfon_Sharp_Aquos_Zero_2_osnaschyon_yekranom_na_240_Gc.html

And you say that in 10 years there will be no VR with 200Hz, where it just begs ... 

Yes, you are an expert of the highest category, however ...

: witcher3-2:

7 minutes ago, Water said:

now we would expect normal games from the current valv, wang shit of average significance by 7 points, which relative to past games valv = drain 

The mods will come, they will put things in order. The truth will have to wait.

And with the release version, most likely it will be so.

A
ANDREvv 30.10.21

Grantovich You most importantly hope and wait.: troll_face_20:

W
Water 30.10.21

8 minutes ago, Grantovich said:

Screens of 240Hz are already being shoved into mobile phones, where these Hz and fuck did not fall ...

https://www.igromania.ru/news/86600/Smartfon_Sharp_Aquos_Zero_2_osnaschyon_yekranom_na_240_Gc.html

And you say that in 10 years there will be no VR with 200Hz, where it is straightforward ... 

Yes, you are an expert of the highest category, however ...

: witcher3-2:

The mods will come, they will put things in order. The truth will have to wait.

And with the release version, most likely it will be so.

for whom only will they put things in order there? The game will be bought by 1.5 people, unless the viar costs 150 bucks, not to mention a powerful PC for this whole thing, and according to the statistics of the same Steam, the most popular there is 1060 

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

1 minute ago, Water said:

for whom only will they put things in order there? The game will be bought by 1.5 people, unless the viar costs 150 bucks, not to mention a powerful PC for this whole thing, and according to the statistics of the same Steam, the most popular there is 1060 

Well, if VR mechanics cut out, synchronize their heads with their hands, making the controls as in ordinary jokers under the keyboard mouse, then the masses of the people will cling to the screens with pleasure.

But I hope Valve themselves have the brains to create such a build. And just do it’s time to stir up a petition on this topic. The joke dragged on.