3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vigi 31.10.21 10:57 am

Metro 2033: The Last Refuge

"4A-Games has officially announced the development of Metro 2033: The Last Refuge, also informing that the project will be presented to the public at Games Convention 2006. Based on the work of writer Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro 2033: The Last Refuge is a horror / first-person shooter with The

whole world is in ruins. Humanity is practically destroyed. Due to the high level of radiation, cities have become uninhabitable. Some argue that many cities have completely absorbed the sands and mutated forests. Few survivors still remember the past glory of the human race. however, the traces of civilization gradually become only memories, overgrown with various stories, which smoothly turn into legends ...

More than 20 years have passed since the last plane took off from the surface of the earth. Corroded railroad tracks lead nowhere. Some people still try to hear the radio broadcasts, however, when they tune in to the waves of New York, Paris, Tokyo for the millionth time, they hear only the dull groan of the receiver. Only 20 years have passed since THIS happened. Mutated under the influence of radiation and other factors of what happened, people turned into new creatures, more adapted to life in this world. The era of people is over ...

But nobody wanted to believe it. There were few survivors, only a few tens of thousands, and no one knew if anyone else could be saved, or if they were the last people on Earth. They live in the Moscow metro, the largest anti-nuclear shelter ever created by humans, the last refuge of humanity. Almost all of them were on the subway on THAT day, and only this helped them survive. Airtight closures protect them from radiation and terrible creatures that flood the surface. Worn-out filters can still cope with water and air purification, dynamos assembled by craftsmen provide much-needed electricity. Some even managed to farm underground, growing mushrooms and raising pigs, but many do not disdain the usual rat meat ...

Game features:

A unique setting - post-apocalyptic Moscow The
life of mankind now flows in metro tunnels, and stations have turned into small states with their own rules and laws
Ability to choose your own style of passage - from a silent killer to an aggressive warrior
Several different endings A well-developed
AI system simulates the most realistic behavior of NPCs
Various anomalies: changes in gravity, energy clots, intelligent non-material forms of life and many others
Many types of the most dangerous enemies
Several exciting mini-games "

Taken from the site ixbit.ru

Looks like an interesting shooter will turn out, especially for Russians ... PS3 and XBOX360) ....: wink:
124 Comments
Sort by:
g
grozdhast 31.10.21

[quote] uh-huh, mold is equivalent to "librarians", or there are flying creatures. Why did not man radically change over the millions of years of evolution?
[/ quote]
Because gladiolus !!! Well man, this is fantastic. It just changed, you don't see, in the Stone Age there was a discovery for people when the stone wheel rolled, right now we are cracking on the mobile, we are flying into space. The physique is changing before, everyone was healthy as heifers, right now, basically, there are only dead people, especially the growing ones.

[quote] are you sure that the game will not become a stalker2?
[/ quote]
Well, honestly I would not want to, I still hope for the best

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] grozdhast [/ b],
>>>>>>, right now, mostly some dead people, especially growing up.

and all of them are often telepaths with wings behind their backs :-D

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[quote] In a relatively short time in a nuclear war, most living organisms will simply die, and the rest will be infected with radiation sickness, which does not lead to X-men syndrome, but only to early death, and a deterioration in the gene pool of further offspring.

In general, a book is like a book, there is nothing smart about it. [/ Quote] you can vouch for this in relation to all organisms, incl. and cockroaches, for example? And by the way, in addition to radiation, in the event of a global nuclear catastrophe, the climate on the planet should change very seriously. And this can also have a very significant impact on development.
In general, all this fortune-telling on coffee grounds, all hypotheses, no matter what point of view they represent, need experimental confirmation.

And there is nothing fancy in the book, it is just very interesting in its genre.

B
Blink 55 31.10.21

Metro 2034 already on paper ?? : shock:
need to buy.
2033. liked it.

g
grozdhast 31.10.21

[quote] Metro 2034 is already on paper ?? Shocked [/ quote]
Since March 16, there was no advertising at all, I saw it well on ozone)

T
Tremere 31.10.21

[b] Bladef1st [/ b], okay, you have completely new types of organisms appear in 20 years. ok, I don't want to argue anymore.

on a subject, is the game even alive? probably they do not want the same fail as a stalker, so they don't show white gameplay.

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[quote] okay, you have completely new types of organisms appear in 20 years. ok, I don't want to argue anymore.
[/ quote]
not from me, but from the author of the book.

B
Beloved and respected by 31.10.21

What thread is known about what the game will represent?
Will there be a sandbox all over the subway or strictly separated levels?

C
Chieffy 31.10.21

The game will be more linear than a sandbox in the style of fk2 and a stalker. The previews say so.
By the way, has anyone read the book "MUOS. Post-nuclear Minsk"? It is very similar to the subway, but much more intense and the density of events is greater.
ZY And here is the preface of the metro, written by fans of dull shit. And even with obscenities, Glukhovsky did not allow himself this

R
Richy 31.10.21

[quote name = "grozdhast"] [quote] Metro 2034 already on paper ?? Shocked [/ quote]
Since March 16, there was no even advertising at all, I saw good on ozone) [/ quote]

Where do you live? : shock: All Moscow is covered with advertising for the book, as if a new movie is coming out, and not a printed product: gigi:

I
Igrun 31.10.21

>> I liked the novel, albeit a little plagiarized. I'm waiting for the game!
Why don't you tell me?

In general, Glukhovsky is an intimate and versatile personality (he works on the radio, recently sounded a rock wave, etc.), he seems to me to be able to compose something of his own.

Z
Zend 31.10.21

I didn't like the second book. The first aroused more interest.
I'll probably wait for the game yet

D
Darkiti 31.10.21

Surprisingly very good game, +1 to the expected projects. Only the Russian voice acting is terrible.

D
Darkiti 31.10.21

[url = http: //www.youtube.com/watch? v = KdYQMtG75H0] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdYQMtG75H0 [/ url]
preview from gamepro

M
MaXiDRoM_90 31.10.21

Answers to questions were:
Andrey (PROF) Prokhorov - Creative Director
Alexander (Algar) Kostyuk - game design, project management.

>>>> Will there be a demo?
PROF: No ... There is not much time left ... but the publisher has not received any signals in need of it.

>>>> Will the game be released on Steam? With all available languages?
PROF: Yes. Yes.

>>>> How the story will be presented to the player - in non-interactive cut-scenes, or, half-life-style, everything will happen in the first person, without taking the camera and control from the player?
Algar:
And in non-interactive cut-scenes, and in scenes from the 1st person, and just watching the inhabitants of the subway, and in the narrative between the levels,

>>>> Will there be returns to the stations already passed (according to the book, if I remember correctly, it was only with VDNKh), with some radical changes at the station?
PROF: No.

>>>> Will the player have at least a minimal choice that will affect something later in the game (it's not about choosing whether to try to kill the guards with a machine gun or a sapper shovel with a silencer, but about, for example, whether to save someone -that life - and ten levels later, get him as a temporary partner ..? Music in the game is pre-registered by levels, or will be dynamic depending on the situation (for example, if they shoot at the player - cheerful, but if the player is in the same place of the level quietly sneaks - then tense)?
Algar: There will be a choice ... There will always be ... And the game will follow your actions. Details - sorry - we do not want to go into details ... We ourselves are interested in the result of "running on live people" :) ... therefore, keep silent ...
..Music is clearly under the level and dynamically changes.

Question from petroK
>>>> Aren't the developers afraid of comparison with the STALKER series of games?
PROF. A funny question ... "are you not afraid of your past? :) ... We do not sleep at night - we are afraid ... I do not know what to answer to this? ... I, as one of its creators, will only be sincerely glad.

Question from Logik88
>>>> Will there be multiplayer or co-op mode? Algar: No, in this project there will be no ... we decided to concentrate on the single and make it on yat.

Question from Sergant744
>>>> How is the best question determined? Originality? Never asked?
If so, then the question is the following. Is it true that the AI ​​of the monsters in Mission 5 is significantly dumber than in the other chapters?
Answer: True. :)

Question from Chill
>>>> The soundtrack for the game is created by the creative team Anthesteria and a certain Kiev composer. There was no idea to include Dolphin in the project, who wrote a wonderful atmospheric sound for Glukhovsky's second book?
Algar: The soundtracks were derived from the levels. For a long time, we stopped only at two musicians - Georgy Beloglazov (Anthesteria) and Alexei Omelchuk - their music perfectly matched the gameplay and visual range of the game. And from goodness - they do not seek goodness.

Question from Jackpot
>>>> Will there be real prototypes of weapons in the game? Algar: Part of the game's arsenal is based on real weapons, I think players will easily recognize them.
PROF: Believe me, homemade products are more interesting. I would even remove Kalash from the game ... Well, how much can you?! 2348 games and everywhere there is "their own" Kalash ... already developers all over the world need to make a common base of models and take from there, and not waste time on a "new" Kalash every time :) ... But if you remove it from the Moscow metro, we will greatly leave from realism :) .. where without a Kalash "to meddle in the apocalypse?

Questions from Sofon
>>>> Will the game be similar to Fallout 3?
Algar: No. The game is self-sufficient and does not try to be like anyone else.
I think this has already been felt by those several hundred players who were able to play Metro 2033 at IgroMir-2009. And soon everyone will be able to check.

>>>> Will all dialogues be voiced?
Algar: Yes.
PROF: How little is needed for happiness: (... Guys, the end of the first decade of the 21st century is in the yard !!! ... Not only should everything be voiced, but also facial expressions and emotions should correspond to the maximum. Plus all the lip-sync ( . speech animation) should be available for all languages
>>>> will you be able to better weapons what weapons will be in the game?
Algar: weapons enough - let me not to get involved in mathematics and it is really different from each other with a gameplay point of view, that. There will be no weapon improvements in your own inventory - due to the lack of inventory, but in trading places the player will be able, by paying extra, to exchange their weapons for improved samples.

>>>> Will it be possible to buy anything from NPCs?
Algar: Yes.
PROF: AT THE DEALERS!

>>>> How many hours is the company calculated for? Depends on the level of difficulty and the player's interest in exploring the world of the game.
At an easy or medium difficulty level, you can "slip through" in 10-12 hours.
>>>> Why Owned THQ?
PROF: When you personally know people for many years, that's a big plus. We are happy with the choice of the publisher - and they are happy with the result. :)

Questions from Allin
>>>> One of the trump cards of Glukhovsky's book was the subtly conveyed atmosphere, correspondingly several questions:
How do the developers understand the term "atmospheric"?
ALGAR: The atmosphere in the game - you start playing and forget that the game world is not real, nothing in the game pulls you out of it, nothing in the game causes contradictions. And, of course, the details
>>>> Do the developers consider "reproducing" the atmosphere of the book to be one of the keys to the success of the game?
PROF: Absolutely. I already wrote in an interview: when they were looking for a publisher, the first thing they all asked was, "What is the trick of the game?" of the world "... Therefore, the atmosphere, atmosphere and once again the atmosphere ... I would add more" depth of immersion "in the atmosphere.

>>>> What means or maybe new "chips" will be used by the developers to recreate the atmosphere in the game?
ALGAR: There are many specific ways and it seems to me that there is no point in listing them all, it all depends on the situation.
PROF: The main means of creating an atmosphere is to link together all the components of the game - gameplay, graphics, sound.

>>>> Does the development focus on the "manufacturability" of the game, or "manufacturability" is only a means, but not an end in itself?
ALGAR: "Manufacturability" is definitely not the main goal ... But the presence of advanced technology is an excellent means of achieving the main goal - the creation of a unique world in which the player believes.

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 32 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

Question from Mr_Moxnat
>>>> Stealth mode is a very difficult and unnecessary task for the most stubborn (as usually happens in such games) or an intuitive, thoughtful, and just fun way to beat the game?
ALGAR: Let's just say: we tried to make stealth intuitive and thoughtful.
And he will definitely give the player the opportunity to observe many interesting situations in the game world.
It seems to me incorrect to compare stealth and shooter-passing in the forehead - it all depends on the player and his game preferences.

Question from Volentaym
>>>> Will Dmitry Glukhovsky himself be in the game? What kind of big shot in the Hansa, for example?
PROF: No :) ... We even talked about it with Mitya, but in the heat of work we forgot ...

Question from LexoTiN
>>>> Will the RPG system be strongly implemented (freedom of choice, purchase of equipment, plot, etc.) NS.)?
PROF:
RPG elements will be present:
Plot - yes.
Buying equipment - yes.
Freedom of choice - let's say, a lot depends on the player's actions (I don't mean just fighting styles now). But there will be no clear choice.

Question from egorvas
>>>> Will you manage to preserve the color and dynamics of the book? PROF: This is a question that we have to ask you in March :) .. but what should we answer now?
>>>> Will the metro stations look like their prototypes? ALGAR: Of course.
>>>> Will there be exits to the surface?
ALGAR: Absolutely. There will be more of them than in the book.

Questions from Leviafan
>>>> What kind of protection will be installed?
PROF: not the slightest idea.

>>>> How do you plan to fight piracy?
PROF: Nothing. Not our task. We develop games. I can only say that I am glad that people in the countries of the former CIS are more and more preferring to buy a license. When there are beautiful boxes of your favorite games on the shelf, and not primitively designed boxes from underground passages, it's nice. This is a good and correct style.

>>>> Looking for success?
ALGAR: Of course, otherwise why do this?
>>>> Are you satisfied with your job?
ALGAR: Yes and no.
“Yes” because we did our best and made, in our opinion, an excellent game.
“No” because you always see that you can do something better, more interesting, more atmospheric.

>>>> How will you rest after the game is released?
ALGAR: Very active.

>>>>
PROF: Yes. He is there.

>>>> How to get into the development team and what is needed for this?
ALGAR: If you have desire and persistence, then it's not difficult. Regardless of the work profile (artist, designer, programmer), work experience is highly desirable. We are not original here. Work experience is not necessarily work in a gaming company, but also modding, developing games for yourself, etc.
+ you need to understand that you will have to study and work a lot (sometimes 10-12 hours seven days a week for several months).

>>>> Are you ready to compete with Stalker and create a new subculture?
PROF: In my opinion, none of the normal developers ever set themselves the goal of making a game for "fighting someone".
Imagine a writer who writes a book not because he wants to write a book, but in order to compete with Tolstoy (King, etc.) ... Stalker is the previous game of the key people of the team. Compete with your past? This is already psychiatry :)
If we consider the issue in terms of technological competition, then - President of the GPU-direction of NVidia Yujesh Desai said in an interview that Metro 2033 “boasts the most advanced graphics”. By virtue of their specifics, they see all the "heavyweights" up close even at the development stage. Well - in this case, we can compete with all the real giants.
A new subculture has already been created. Glukhovsky's book was read by at least a million people. And there will be much more soon. And all over the world. Here everything goes on as usual. The game and the book are like two comrades helping each other.

Questions from lemur
>>>> How branched is the plot? Will there be multiple endings? ALGAR: Secret.
PROF: well, yes, "like a great secret" :)
>>>> Will there be a technique?

ALGAR: Yes. From manual railcars to "armored cars" ... they will also ride a car on top.

>>>> How will the trade be implemented?
ALGAR: Everything is simple and intuitive. Sorry, I won't describe the trading screen. A minimum of windows, buttons and tweaks.

>>>> Will there be races other than humans? And will it be possible to play for them?
ALGAR: No, there is only one main character - a man, a man, 20 years old, his name is Artyom.
PROF: Uh ... Fighting robots in the sense? :) ... And monsters are a race? ... And the Dark ones?

>>>> Are there any addons / sequels planned?
PROF: Yes. Second.
[b] >>>> Will it be possible to rob caravans?
PROF: You can't. But you can rob those who rob caravans. :) [/ b]

Question from ahiskali
>>>> Will the plot be linear? The book was based on the choice of the main character, will they give us a choice in the game? ALGAR: Secret.
PROF: yes, "like a secret" :)

Question from iXtremeFROST
>>>> Will there be DX10 in the game or maybe DX11?
PROF: Yes and Yes ... and DX11 is really a step forward. Models of characters of 5-6 million polygons - how do you? ... Believe me, they make an indelible, I would even say a very "smooth" impression :) ...
Do not take me guys as a sales agent, but who wants to feel full immersion in the world of the game - do not be greedy and upgrade the system to the ability to play in 3d ... This is a flight ... Whoever watched the Avatar in 3d - he, having played Metro, will understand that the future has come not only in the cinema :)

>>>> What is the configuration of the computer for the game without lagoff? PROF:
Naturally, depending on the in-game settings. No lags in super quality in the DX11 version? Or at the DX9 low? The game is played on Hbox. There, the brakes are prohibited by the Microsoft requirement ... Hbox - a la today's average PS ... In general, it will go on very many configurations ...

>>>> Will there be game achievements in the game inside?
PROF: Yes

>>>> I, as not having read the book, would not mind opening pieces of the book in Extras or narratives by the authors of the book specially designed for the game, will it be? PROF: No.

>>>> How many people will / were busy (s) when dubbing the game, were there any "big" people (cinematic, well-established dubbing actors) among them?
PROF: Well, probably only 100 people ... But this is for all languages ​​:) .. There are no "big" ones.

>>>> Will there be edged weapons in the game?
PROF: Yes. Throwing knives. And a big cleaver. Plus the bayonets. >>>> Will it be possible to use the details of the environment, for example, weapons, such as pulling out pipes and boards and used

[url = http: //www.gamer.ru/games/1040-metro-2033-poslednee-ubezhische/posts/34729 ] http://www.gamer.ru/games/1040-metro-20 ... osts / 34729 [/ url]

zs Nomad won't like the game

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 39 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[url = http: //www.gamestar.de/index.cfm? Pid = 1589 & pk = 13396] http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=13396 [/ url]

m
masturbator666 31.10.21

The answer to the question about caravans is five :-D yeah, we are waiting for a sea of ​​indignation from our beloved Vladimir Goryachev.

M
MaXiDRoM_90 31.10.21

[b] Clerk [/ b], if the review of the ag will be from him - we will not expect ratings higher than 75 regardless of the quality of the game. If EA published the game, the situation would be different, of course)

s
scorpius22 31.10.21

>>>> How do you plan to fight piracy?
PROF: Nothing
: D
caravans: lol:

C
Chieffy 31.10.21

the last trailer was very encouraging, the action promises to be quite peppy and the production is excellent. Stealth in the library. Lenin and climbing on the ostankink will most likely definitely be 8)

M
MaXiDRoM_90 31.10.21

[b] ChiefMaster [/ b], they were shown in one of the last videos

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 1 hour 37 minutes 15 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

on the previous page was a video review from gamestar

[url = http: //www.gamer.ru/games/1040-metro-2033-poslednee-ubezhische/posts/34242] http://www.gamer.ru/games/1040-metro-20 ... osts / 34242 [/ url]
here is a translation of an article from gamestar