3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
qdash 31.10.21 10:58 am

Quake Champions

a47f84590b66e8cec3cd37ca86928c7b.png

Quake is back!

Genre: arena FPS

Developer: id Software

Publisher: Bethesda

Release date: TBA

Platforms: PC (?)

123 Comments
Sort by:
v
voyager 31.10.21

Just now, Devi1 said:

on any site it is not written about it.

Wikipedia says; p

q
qdash 31.10.21

I’m such a quaker to the core, I just jumped off a hickey called QL, but this remission will not last long. ))

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

Apparently, the abilities will only differ, and the weapon will have to be raised, not like in Overwatch, one cannon per Persian.

The Visor has a visor (sorry), the Ranger has something like a translocator, the woman has some kind of evasion, and the big man has a battering ram.

Where is the information about Sabers only from? I love them, of course (Timeshift and Inversion for a couple of evenings to while away the time even less), but let id work on their own, it's better not to indulge in the Quake formula.

For modes other than FFA, CTF, TDM and other junk on duty, it would be nice to add a Team Arena-style mode (where there was something like classes) and more original modes.

S
Sh1nn 31.10.21

On the stream, they said that Saber developers 

S
Shpak-G 31.10.21

1 hour ago, Sh1nn said:

Saber developers 

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

On 06/13/2016 at 15:43, Sh1nn said:

On the stream, they said that Saber developers 

On the stream, they said that id is doing "side by side" with sibers, we do not mislead people.

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

then let the Sabers make a single, and the id-shniki cartoon, let justice be restored after Doom.

D
DeMx 31.10.21

What single? Obviously there is a ideological successor to q3 arena. The point is to cut a large project with a company only on a PC (which is a pity, of course, I won't play). In addition, in essence, about the same thing, monsters in space in a different wrapper.

I wonder if the eye on the legs and the fat man will be returned "eeeee-ha-ha-eeeee." xD

G
Grantovich 31.10.21

Confused by the passive abilities of the fighters, one has an analogue of WH, another has an analogue of invisibility, the third has minimal damage from rocket jumps, etc., etc.

In the arena, everyone was on equal terms, only the skill was decided, but here they made up crutches for the nubya, the balance in such games should be at the head of everything.

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

1 hour ago, DeMx said:

What single? Obviously there is a ideological successor to q3 arena. The point is to cut a large project with a company only on a PC (which is a pity, of course, I won't play). In addition, in essence, about the same thing, monsters in space in a different wrapper.

I wonder if the eye on the legs and the fat man will be returned "eeeee-ha-ha-eeeee." xD

Well, not so much a campaign, how many bot matches and skirmishes.

v
voyager 31.10.21

http://www.pcgamer.com/quake-champions-is-not-a-moba/?utm_content=bufferd9b20&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamer

Not a mob.

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

To think that this is a mob could only be mentally retarded. Even if the game looks like Overwatch (but it won't), Overwatch itself doesn't look like a mob either. Moba shooter, this is for Battleborn, which is now forgotten and abandoned.

q
qdash 31.10.21

id throwing Quake in all directions all their lives is a purely experimental series, which has acquired some kind of its own style only due to the fact that the next Doom was released only in 2003. And in fact the same Sci-Fi, especially the first part, which is like Lovecraft-like, but in fact there is not too much of Lovecraft, it's just a more gothic Doom. Of all the content that was present in Quake 1-3, at least 90% could be in the new Duma. As for the multiplayer, we have already tried to do Battlefield from Kwaki - the idea stalled without enough dough and dedication, well, now you can try to play with the Overwatch concept. It's still better than churning out another Quake in the style of the third part, with a railgun and timers, because in this case it will be the same Quake 4, which everyone has already forgotten about, due to its secondary nature. The remnants of the life of the classic Kwaki are almost squeezed out through Quake Live, now only a total reboot of the series can save the situation. Fraggin 'like in 99 is no longer interesting to anyone.

q
qdash 31.10.21

Read 7MuEmsRz_bigger.jpgSascha Dikiciyan @sonicmayhem

Fans should let @idSoftwarek ow if you want some mayhem on the next quake. I'm sure me and @ F7A would be down! :) #QuakeChampions

Sonic Mayhem is not averse to rock the soundtrack for the new Quake. What they did for Q3: A was just fire, listened to a bunch of times apart from the game itself.

Nice layout from Playground "5 Reasons to Believe in the New Quake":

Spoiler

It would seem, what else does a hardened Quaker need to be happy if not the announcement of a new part of the legendary series? But many did not have time to finish the first trailer, as they already decided that we would fail and depart from the canons of the series. Let's try to find reasons for optimism.

1. Development ambitions
A really rare (actually not) situation - a week ago, everyone hoped that id would finally take on the rescue of Quake, and now they are skeptically looking for tricks in the upcoming part. Judging the gameplay from the cinematic is quite difficult (but we'll try, yes). So far, what the developers themselves have stated is much more important - they are serious about returning to the esports niche and are ready to support the tournaments financially. Of course, it is too early to judge the size of this support, and it is unlikely that it will be at the level of millions of tournaments from Valve or Blizzard. But the fact that the best players in the world will gather at major LAN events more often than once a year, as has been the case recently, is undeniable.

Even if the lost positions are not won back, and the game will not have millions of players and spectators, the situation will in any case be much more pleasant for the Quaker's eyes than it is at the moment.

2. Id know what they want from them
Yes, id Software has been in crisis for many years. The company is used to amaze the audience with technology, but in the modern world it is becoming more and more difficult to surprise someone with it. id have tried, and this seems to be the reason for the company's recent problems. Doom 3 showed advanced graphics, but due to its high resource intensity, it had to abandon the classic hurricane gameplay with a huge number of monsters, and the player was surrounded by darkness and corridors. In Quake Live, there was a bet on launching the game through a browser, but in the end, the developers got tired of depending on the developers of these same browsers, and the game returned to a separate client. The Rage universe seems to have been invented only to reveal the main feature of the new engine - beautiful portrayal of landscapes.

It seems that now they decided to stop this race. No, of course, the manufacturability of engines should and will remain an important part of id Software, but the era of technology for the sake of technology must be left behind.

The new DooM was greeted by most fans of the series warmer than one would expect in the most optimistic illusions. Multiplayer is criticized, yes, but you need to understand: the developers initially relied on a single-player campaign, a third-party studio was generally engaged in the multiplayer part of the game. Although even in this form, it is quite consistent with the stated goal: a simple shooter for fun. The fact that id does not consider DooM as an esports discipline has been said more than once.

3. This is a PC exclusive
Quite a rarity these days and a really risky step. It's no secret that the main income for game makers in the modern world comes from sales on consoles. But id Software decided to do this for the sake of the absence of all unnecessary restrictions. No slow gameplay, no FPS limit, everything is just as we are used to.

In fact, many of id Software's problems began when consoles took over the market. And now, when the developers have their hands free and they can create in their familiar environment, we have the right to expect better.

4. Special abilities are not so scary ...
Just hearing about special abilities, many thoughts rushed in the minds of a herd: another MOBA, copy Overwatch, Quake RIP ... Here I will give the floor to one once important person:

This is not a MOBA! This is what the developers themselves say, and it becomes clear from elementary logic. As for the abilities, we must understand that they (or rather, she) will become only an addition to the shooter we are used to, and not its main part.

If you can't imagine a game without comparing it to something, then the good old Twisted Metal toy comes to my mind personally. For those who do not know, it was something like Quake, only on typewriters. You ride, pick up guns, shoot enemies. So each car had one special ability (if my memory serves me, it was called Special), and it all looked very organic. So far, it seems to me that this is exactly the situation in the future part of Quake.

But let's see what abilities we can already see in the trailer.

Visor: A tricky Wallhack cheater. Much the same we saw in the new DooM as an option for matched superweapons.

Ranger: a ball with a teleport, apparently a kind of analogue of Puck's Illusory Orb in Dota. In my opinion, the most spectacular and interesting ability demonstrated. It would be especially interesting to see her in CTF mode.

ScaleBearer: a bit of a battering ram. I wonder what will happen to those who do not have time to dodge? Just damage, death on the spot, slow, stun?

Nyx: blink / dash. It looks impressive, let's see how effective it will be.

The important point will be how often these abilities can be used, and how they will recover. Following the Quake tradition, it would be interesting if the charges for the abilities respawn right on the map.

5. A considerable set of old school has already been confirmed

Much can be seen already in the first video, the developers themselves told about another. The map in the trailer is suspiciously similar to Campgrounds (dm6). A set of weapons that pleases the eye and heart of every Quaker: a shotgun, a rocket launcher, a railgun, a shaft, while the weapons will be picked up. And, perhaps, the most important thing - strafejumps, rampjumps, rocketjumps.

Oh yes, game modes. It was also announced that all standard Quake game modes such as Duel, TDM and CTF will be present in the game. True, it is not yet entirely clear what the main stake will be ultimately made on. Alas, dueling disciplines have practically disappeared from modern esports, and the developers, as well as the community, are still unable to decide what to do next.

Interview with Tim Willits.

Are you still waiting for a dull mob, where there is nothing but the name from Quake?

Steganul with how Tim Willis said that he wants our Antoshka Kulk to like the new Quake. )

q
qdash 31.10.21

The details of QuakeCon '16 have become known:

image001.jpg

QuakeCon 2016 opens on Thursday, August 4 th at 10am CT and will remain open through 12pm CT on August 7 th. The Annual QuakeCon Welcome will kick-off at 3pm CT and will feature a special look at Quake Champions in addition to attendee-exclusive gameplay presentations of Prey and Dishonored 2.

In short, the Quake Champions will be shown and this is very, very cool, if not really cool, it's not even so frustrating that the new Prey and Dishonored 2 will be shown only to the visitors of the exhibition.

tumblr_o95g5kRjfl1s95hkno1_1280.jpg

R
RimasG 31.10.21

On 07/04/2016 at 11:58, -dD- said:

The remnants of the life of the classic Kwaki are almost squeezed out through Quake Live, now only a total reboot of the series can save the situation.

Well, it will be very, very painful. 

q
qdash 31.10.21

4 hours ago, Maximus said:

To be honest, I think this is not the worst fate for the series. Of course, I am enraged by the presence of sniper weapons in the game, because this makes any arena shooter a clone either on Q3 or CPMA. It’s better to keep a little bit. IMHO.

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

On 23.07.2016 at 11:55, Maximus said:

Yes, everything will be fine, the introduction of classes in the manner of LawBreakers showed that if there are not many of them (classes) and all of them are balanced, so that not like in s with a division into roles, but so that everyone has approximately equal chances of killing everyone, then it comes norms. As soon as this is implemented in duels xs (mb will only be allowed to play in class 1), but you don't have to worry about other modes.

Modified on July 24, 2016 by Qvasik

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

Considering that the classes differ at most in abilities, there is no difference and there will not be a large part of the people only on a couple of characters will play, and the rest will be forgotten due to uselessness.

R
RimasG 31.10.21

Based on the experience of restarting the Doom mp, we can say with 100% probability that any changes to the classic mechanics aka "restart" will be perceived negatively by the community. This is what I meant by "it will be very, very painful." In short, I do not envy either the sibers, much less id - they took up a very thankless job. 

Modified on July 24, 2016 by Maximus