3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
qdash 31.10.21 10:58 am

Quake Champions

a47f84590b66e8cec3cd37ca86928c7b.png

Quake is back!

Genre: arena FPS

Developer: id Software

Publisher: Bethesda

Release date: TBA

Platforms: PC (?)

123 Comments
Sort by:
D
Devi1 31.10.21

3 minutes ago, SilentGera said:

Only pc and no single? They went there? 

They do it right, you need a single - there is Doom, Kwaka is more associated with the cartoon. Only on a PC is this a plus.

G
Grantovich 31.10.21

1 hour ago, Devi1 said:

They do it right, you need a single - there is Doom, Kwaka is more associated with the cartoon. Only on a PC is this a plus.

I would not refuse some semblance of a single.

q
qdash 31.10.21

@ Devi1 well, in the case of Quake Champions, I really hope it's not just id's side project, as happened with the new UT. While a lot of things certainly point to this - poor visuals, PC only and no single. Infa slipped somewhere, which seemed to be sawing QC since 2013, initially they wanted to saw it in the form of DLC for Quake Live, but then changed their minds.

q
qdash 31.10.21

For those who did not have time to watch the same four-minute vidos from a mobile with QC gameplay: https://puu.sh/qsXxl/f3c6d3056c.mp4

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

Developed by the way, it is still not decided whether the game will be f2p or not

q
qdash 31.10.21

@dozensnake plus everything else, Willits on Cookon said that QC is not being developed on idTech 6, but on the engine they are doing with Saber. I don't even know how to relate to this. On the one hand, it is likely that they will be able to achieve a QC of 120FPS at average troughs by today's standards, because if you believe this picture, they should focus there:

5189e7d41010.jpg

v
voyager 31.10.21

I hope they won't forget about modding support. All the same, Q3 had a huge modding potential, which led to a lot of cool mods and maps. 

q
qdash 31.10.21

@voyager waiting for support for modifiers at the QL level, in principle, nothing else is needed. Well, there are options for physics, such as PQL, CPMA, vampire mod, etc.

I wonder how advanced the console commands section will be. I hope this whole picmip 99999 will be cut out to hell, so that no one has any advantages and everyone spins with about one graphon, or so that the engine itself is flexible to the settings, but without perversions.

q
qdash 31.10.21

Classic Kwach in QC confirmed:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quake-champions-boss-confirms-you-can-play-without/1100-6442812/

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

this is just a custom lobby, it will be unpopular because everyone in ranked will play

q
qdash 31.10.21

@dozensnake yes they will go nuts and ranked with classic mode, otherwise QC will suffer the same fate as ET: QW or at best Quake 4. All the same, innovation is innovation, but Quake must remain Quake.

I have the same dislike for Quake as I do for other arena shooters of a similar theme - the game is not about steepless rocket girls, which means the same VQ3 or CPMA. There are simply no options, you can mix one with the other, but still it will be either a clone of one or the other. To hell with it, that visually the game is similar to UT, that the design as a whole is rather crooked, that the engine is not idTech 6, that the abilities, but no one is in a hurry to pack the frenzy of the original, id wants to "sell" the same Q3 for the third time ... To be honest, I was one of those who initially did not accept Q3 at all, because the game lost the unique specifics of the first two games - the hellish furious dynamics of QW or the slow strategy of Q2, just stupidly mixing it all in one game. And since then, the world has not been the same. And it feels like all the developers just got a lobotomy.

Modified on Aug 21, 2016 by -dD-

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

It has been a long time since the topic has been raised. Here 1 person created a site with all the available info on the game. Like Noctis' quote

"Decent Alpha version. I liked it. A lot more than Overwatch. It's Quake, absolutely for sure. And I can't wait to play it again."

the site itself http://quakelife.ru/faq/quake-champions/

Modified on December 24, 2016 by Qvasik

Z
Zertylon 31.10.21

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

hmm, mick didn't want to or is busy chtol

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

Chris Vrenna is a Grammy winning musician / composer / producer best known for his work in Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, & tweaker.

From his page, in principle, Quake needs such a sound, because Doom is a completely different universe. Mick is a good composer, but the light came together on him like a wedge.

S
Shpak-G 31.10.21

It is a pity that there was not enough money for Treznor)

G
Grantovich 31.10.21

So it turns out that muznya will play in the background in fights, well, this is great, compared to the dull cartoon doom, where the player is forced to play quietly.

Muznya as in the old Q3 Arena would be in the subject.

q
qdash 31.10.21

110091-hwndu.JPG

Make arena shooters great again. :-D

q
qdash 31.10.21

Bethesda will bring Quake Champions to PAX East 2017. It's coming soon - March 10th.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1XhLAJzCHSymCkQIKiI6gw/bethesda-is-heading-to-pax-east-2017?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=PAXEastAnnounce&utm_medium=Social

G
Grayharvey 31.10.21

This is what is interesting to me in light of the imminent (hopefully) release of a new quake. At one time I was very fond of ku3 and ut, but it just so happened that I played relatively little in them. In the clubs, there was basically a counter, and on LAN, my classmates, too, then also only counter and ruled. In this regard, my skill in the arena shooters leaves much to be desired and desired. So, is it really possible to improve your skills now so that you can more or less meaningfully play the new torment and kwaku?