3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aladdin 31.10.21 11:04 am

Killzone 2

Platform: Playstation 3
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Publisher: Sony
Developer: Guerilla
Release Date: 27/02/09

Oh, and the graphics there, guys, you can go wrong - downloaded a video from the PS3 game (25 meters) - it looks just like a movie! !! stunned! I'm shocked...

Modified on July 8, 2013 by Wurz-7
124 Comments
Sort by:
R
Richy 31.10.21

2 Arkon:

The bridge does nothing, it is calculated simply (like the whole movie, by the way) in 3DStudio MAX. Those. it is not on any engine. This can be seen, in particular, by the way the bridge is drawn - not the whole scene as a whole, but in separate pieces. In real time, this does not happen in principle, this is a feature of individual CGI programs. Plus, as it was absolutely rightly noted above, algorithms are used to calculate lighting and shadows, the use of which even in the next generation consoles is absolutely impractical - they are too long for real time, there are much "cheaper" analogs that are practically not inferior to them in quality ...

C
Cooller 31.10.21

Okay, let's agree that it is not on the engine.
But what prevents the PS3 from pulling such graphics in real-time?

a
aladdin 31.10.21

I think PS3 will pull such graphics as it was in the video - the possibilities allow ...
about discussing the video made in 3D max, I can say that almost all videos are made in Maya - Max is still lagging behind in animation ...
but about what was promised in the first part I can say that it is the most rudimentary graphics - I have not seen anything more real under PS2 among first-person action games ... So the second part will be simply incomparable!

/
/ anty / 31.10.21

In general, in what program does it render the value, but for animation that the video and 3dmax will be enough with ears, there is nothing unrealistic, a third of the same computer Sinsity and half of Sky Captain in Max were made, and the animation of the Persians? most likely Mockup (motion captcha)

R
Richy 31.10.21

Perhaps it will. Let's wait - it would, in fact, be cool for all these videos to eventually turn into a game with identical graphics. Something playable to see, eh :-)

a
aladdin 31.10.21

I watched the Unreal 2007 video ... not bad ...
but of course people are closer to us than robots, so I think that in Kilozon2 the graph is not far behind ...

J
Jank 31.10.21

read this
[i] He moves like a living person. Although he moves even [b] better than a real person [/ b] [/ i] [/ quote] Yes, as they say, he said without thinking :)

X
XIII 31.10.21

Why are you soaring "on the engine, not on the engine", what a nafig difference, the main thing is that the video is stupefied and that the toy is the same cool: razz:

a
aladdin 31.10.21

[quote name = "XIII"] Why are you soaring "on the engine, not on the engine", what a nafig difference, the main thing is that the movie is stupefied and that the toy is so cool: razz: [/ quote] I

totally agree! I was delighted with the first, and the second will obviously be no worse!
I am glad that this project began to be developed and it did not die like many others ...

B
Beepop 31.10.21

So guys, this is not a MAX or JJ video, read "The Cell processor, created by engineers from IBM, Toshiba and Sony based on PowerPC technology, is responsible for grinding the numbers. It consists of eight SPE - synergistic processor elements, each of which operates at a frequency of 3.2 GHz and is, in fact, a full-fledged processor core. The eighth element is reserved "just in case" - for example, when you want to run a game on two HDTV screens at once.Each SPE has 128 registers, 128 bits each and 256 KB In addition, the entire Cell has 512 KB of L2 cache and a VMX block for vector operations.

Responsible for the stunning picture is the RSX processor, developed by NVIDIA and Sony specifically for the new console. It took over 1,500 man-years of effort to create a chip containing as many as 300 million transistors. Unlike the Xbox 360, where the console's RAM is distributed dynamically, in the PS3 the fiefdoms of Cell and RSX are clearly separated: the first is allocated 256 MB of XDR-memory (operates at the same frequency as the processor itself - 3.2 GHz), the second got 256 MB of GDDR3 -memory with a frequency of 700 MHz.
Square Enix revealed the intro to Final Fantasy 7, rendered in real time by Cell. It looks like for the first time in an FF series, the image quality in the game itself will not be inferior to the famous videos. However, the remake of FF7 should not be expected, but the new Final Fantasy for PS3 will definitely appear. A further drop in jaws provided a technology demo for the new Spider-Man game, where the real-time model used to create special effects for the movie Spider-Man 2: scare: ran, jumped and crawled. Epic Games later demonstrated that its Unreal Engine 3.0 feels great not only on PC and Xbox 360, but also on PlayStation 3.

Rockstar Games denied reports that the new Grand Theft Auto will appear simultaneously with the start of PS3 sales, but did not hesitate to confess his love for the brainchild of Sony. As evidence, footage from an as-yet-unnamed studio project set in the Wild West was shown. "

/
/ anty / 31.10.21

HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
FANTASER))

a
aladdin 31.10.21

[quote name = "Beepop"] As evidence, footage from an as-yet-unnamed studio project set in the Wild West was shown. "[/ quote]

why an unnamed game?

D
Daikatana 31.10.21

By the way, as I expected, the Killzone video that Sony showed at E3 is not Killzone 2, it's Killzone 3, the second part will be released on PS2 as expected earlier: mrgreen:
[url = http: //ps3.ign.com/articles/ 624 / 624671p1.html] http://ps3.ign.com/articles/624/624671p1.html [/ url]

a
aladdin 31.10.21

[quote name = "Daikatana"] Killzone video on E3 is not Killzone 2, it is Killzone 3 [/ quote]

but I disagree - the second part will not work on PS2 - it will be on PS3 (who will do the third part first , and then the second ???)

here is the link that this is still the second part [url = http: //www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/media.html? gcst = killzone2_ot_ps3_051605.asx & tag = gs_ps3_flashtop_watch] see [/ url]

D
Daikatana 31.10.21

and here is a quote from IGN
[quote] Given the available information, we expect that the still unofficial Killzone 2 is in development for either PSP or PS2 and that Killzone for PS3 will in fact be Killzone 3, or at least the third in the series. [/ quote]
[i] or at least the third in the series [/ i] - it means that the continuation of the first series will be released on PS2, "Killzone: Continuation" of some kind: mrgreen:
even if you look here [url = http: // my.ign.com/my/sb?pageID=2003&nuaction=gameSearch&gameTitleSearch=killzone"http://my.ign.com/my/sb?pageID=2003&nua ... h = killzone [/ url]
then it says that Killzone 2 will be released for PS2, and the PS3 title is called Killzone PS3, that is, the name has not yet been decided, but what is written on Gamespot, it was just E3 fever, when the whole video was perceived as Killzone 2, although in the end of the video was written Killzone, without any number.

J
Jank 31.10.21

The CG video showed us only that the sequel to Killzone will be on PS3, and that we will have to fight the Helghasts again. True, the war will be even more "hot". What part of killzone 2 or 3 will be is unknown ...

a
aladdin 31.10.21

Well, no one even spoke about the continuation on PS2 ... accordingly, if it is already being prepared under PS3, then what is the point of spending power in parallel on playing under PS2 ?! Reading that under ps3 they probably want to release on Christmas as a pilot game for the console ...

D
Daikatana 31.10.21

[quote name = "aladdin"] Reading that under PS3 they probably want to release on Christmas as a pilot game for the console ... [/ quote]
it's like this, PS3 itself comes out in spring 2006, then Christmas 2006 is not a pilot game at all: mrgreen:

a
aladdin 31.10.21

[quote name = "Daikatana"]
this is how it is, PS3 itself comes out in the spring of 2006 [/ quote]

well, in the spring ... it doesn't matter - the meaning is that the game will be one of the first complete with ps3 ...

/
/ anty / 31.10.21

Fuck, they will have time with the declared detailing in half a year)) there is already a lot of thief's gear, in general, not earlier than next summer autumn