3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gameskiller 31.10.21 11:22 am

The darkness ii

[img] http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20110208/cT2aa4xb.jpg [/ img]

[b] Platforms [/ b]: PC, Xbox 360, PS3
[b] Release date: [/ b] Autumn 2011
[b] Developer [/ b] - Digital Extremes
[b] Info: [/ b]

[spoil] 2K has put an end to years of rumors by officially confirming the development of The Darkness II, and has also announced that Digital Extremes will be managing the project.
Few details of the FPS have been revealed, other than that players will be reprising the role of long-haired Mafioso Jackie Estacado and controlling his supernatural darkness powers.
2K say the game also features a "hand-painted graphic noir technique" which enables it to stay true to its comic book origins.
British comic book author Paul Jenkins is returning to pen the script. Jenkins has written for the comic series itself, as well as contributing to the God of War series.
"Sometimes that whooshing sound you hear is that of comic fans holding their collective breath," said co-creator of The Darkness comics Marc Silvestri in a press release. Or it might just be the wind.
Digital Extremes is most famous for its work in co-developing the Unreal series alongside Epic. The studio also chipped in with Bioshock 2's development, and created 2008's Dark Sector, which was praised in its 8/10 review for having "thrilling combat and sensational visuals".
Rumors of Darkness II have been slipping out since 2008, where a speaker at Top Cow's New York Comic Con panel said "we can't say Darkness and video game sequel in the same sentence. So, Darkness. Wink. Sequel."
The original game in the series was made by Starbreeze Studios, who have recently been rumored to be heading up a new Syndicate game for EA. [/ Spoil]

[b] First screenshot [/ b]
[img] http: // s1. ipicture.ru/uploads/20110208/XY6zTeiF.jpg [/img]
124 Comments
Sort by:
C
Calita 31.10.21

[quote name = 'kamui' timestamp = '1326876743' post = '2474022'] a question was asked about music ... One more time! How is she there? In the first part there was just a fucking soundtrack. [/
Quote ] I did not notice anything like that on the subject's demo, alas.

[quote name = 'kamui' timestamp = '1326876743' post = '2474022'] What about side quests? [/ quote]
[u] Judging by the demo [/ u], the subject is a linear jester.

P
Petuhito 31.10.21

Side quests in the style: "Uee, brother, bring me a can of beer and give me a gopnik in the head" (despite the fact that Jackie is already sort of like the head of a mafia clan) somehow will not roll a second time. And a side-quest about "you come to me on my daughter's birthday and ask me to kill a man ?!" for a linear game, too, not ice, this is the lot of GTA. Better a strong scripted action thriller, let them gash it.

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[quote name = 'kamui' timestamp = '1326876743' post = '2474022'] is amusing, but I thought that, on the contrary, only on boxing [/ quote] Technically, the first part on boxing is much better. But at the time I went to PS3 with pleasure.

k
kamui 31.10.21

[quote] Technically, the first part on boxing is much better. But at the time I went to PS3 with pleasure. [/ quote] I
sympathize ... : hehe:

[quote] I did not notice anything like that on the subject's demo, alas. [/ quote]
: raisins2:

[quote] Side quests in the style of: "Uee, brother, bring me a can of beer and give me a gopnik over the head" (despite the fact that Jackie is already sort of like the head of a mafia clan) somehow will not roll a second time. And a side-quest about "you come to me on my daughter's birthday and ask me to kill a man ?!" for a linear game, too, not ice, this is the lot of GTA. Better a strong scripted action thriller, let them gash it. [/ quote]
If you want, you can come up with logical side-quests without any problems. Modified January 18, 2012 by kamui

.l1te 31.10.21

[b] [member = Bladef1st] [/ b], well, I don’t know I
went to the xbox, and the subject was installed on the
torkalo railway quite often)

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

[b] [member = Mr. Starosta] [/ b], yes, both versions slow down, but on ps3 textures are worse, and anti-aliasing is also worse, especially in 1080p. And here and there you can safely go through the game, it's a pity only there are no trophies on ps3.

n
nomadman 31.10.21

1. The first part went through 5 times, I knocked out all the single achievements - I can't remember the brakes (xbox360)
2. I liked the demo (see below). BUT most likely I will not buy at full price
3. Is the guy trying to take away the Darkness - Hitler? ^ _ ~

I hope everyone returned the lip accordion to the man?
[img] http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5642/img1140mp.jpg [/ img]

Just a cool poster!
[img] http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/7678/img1141y.jpg [/ img]
Jenny we miss you ((((Changed January 18, 2012 by nomadman

T
Tesla_F 31.10.21

Only recently I downloaded the first darknes for boxing (although I used it as a pirate at the time of its release). There are brakes.

I
Ilya_Ilya 31.10.21

The game slows down at 360m and does not seem to be in HD at all, I will play on a personal car

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

[quote name = 'kamui' timestamp = '1326891054' post = '2474365'] I sympathize ... [/ quote] Yes, I went to boxing : men:

N
Neversmile 31.10.21

Passed on a curling iron back in 2007 or 2008. I didn't pay attention to your pixels and squats, and I don't even know if they are there

k
kamui 31.10.21

[quote] Jenny we miss you (((([/ quote]
I agree here. Jenny is generally one of the brightest heroines), along with Alex from HL (the strong emotional ending of Epicode 2 worked here), in this generation. , [color = # fff0f5] when she was killed [/ color] - goosebumps ran, the moment turned out to be so dramatic.
I, in general, do not remember in games when they were given the opportunity to just sit with a girl and watch TV. In general, the game is simple zolotko.
[quote] walked on a curling iron back in 2007 or 2008. I didn’t pay attention to your pixels and squats, and I don’t even know if they are there [/ quote]
Passed the day before yesterday - there is a fall in FPS.

PS: why is it written in the news that comes out in July, and in another source I read that in February?!?! Modified January 18, 2012 by kamui

D
Deutscher Bar 31.10.21

[quote name = 'kamui' timestamp = '1326914889' post = '2475220']
[quote] Jenny we miss you (((([/ quote]
I agree here. Jenny is generally one of the brightest heroines, along with Alex from HL (here it triggered a strong emotional ending 2nd epihoda), in this generation I, when it was killed -. goosebumps ran so dramatic proved moment.
I do not remember in the games, when given the opportunity to just sit with the girl and watch TV. In general - the game is just golden.
[/ quote]
Thanks for the spoiler. : facepalm: : facepalm: : facepalm: Changed January 18, 2012 by Deutscher Bar

.l1te 31.10.21

[b] [member = kamui] [/ b], February

H
HardMan 31.10.21

I will go through the second part, and then I will eat the masterpiece of part 1 : up:

C
Chieffy 31.10.21

I also don’t remember that the first part of the en 360 was
slowing down. One of the coolest Tomahawk in the Tatras. At 4 am I finished playing and turned on a louder song: happycry:

T
Tuborg 31.10.21

your memory is full of holes, it still slowed down

V
Vitec289 31.10.21

[b] The Darkness II Demo [/ b]
[media = ''] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEADkivdqS8&hd=1 [/ media]

S
ShaiKhulud 31.10.21

I ran a little ... Well, so far very, very good. Much better than expected. The graphics with the visual style are unexpectedly good, stylish and relaxed, the gameplay has become more dynamic, and Jackie himself is no longer a loshara who sits in dark corners, but a real Oppressor. : D

The best part is that the voice actors and the scriptwriter are left, but for me it is the continuation of the Darkness game branch (the plot is very different in the comic) that will make me buy a sequel very, very much, even if the gameplay gets bored after the middle. And such fears are fully justified, again based on the demo, because DE will have to somehow balance the protagonist who has gone nuts from the power of darkness.

r
razgulnov 31.10.21

the demo turned out to be surprisingly cheerful. The new cartoon style even fell into place. Interested in the project. if it is not very short and varied (oooh skill tree), then I'll take it.