3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkon 06.11.21 05:57 pm

Quake 4

Does anyone know anything about this game?
I saw some kind of stale, as if filmed on camera, a video in which
some guy in a prisoner T-shirt was running. I don’t remember anything else and I don’t know. Can anyone know?
121 Comments
Sort by:
U
Uovka 06.11.21

Who has already tested, write the conf of your computer and the FPS lope?

V
Vovan_king 06.11.21

Barton 2500+ (1800Mhz @ 2400Mhz), 6800gt (450/900), 1GB RAM on ultra high builds at 1024 with 2nd anti-aliasing> 50 fps .... sometimes drops to 30

K
Kefka 06.11.21

northwood [email protected]; nv31; 512 of RAM - 800 * 600; hi; all effects (except AA) on; - sinks to 15fps, but mostly 25-35fps. Thanks to the good mouse reaction and low lags with this FPS, it is played quite tolerably.
About the game. This is five ... ugh, this is the shooter of the year, if not the last five years. There is no comparison with U.Zh.O.S.ami, kilzons and other challahs. Feels the breed and budget.

A
Auron 06.11.21

Well, about Challah, you shouldn't have been Kefka, but now I can't wait to watch Quake 4 myself.

S
Skip 06.11.21

I would give the game 9 out of 10 ... FEAR loses in action, in the quake finally the meat and the atmosphere and the enemies of the dofig are all different, and not 3 types as in S.T.R.A.He In short, here he is the shooter of the year .. current eats a lot of resources - percent and vidyuhu need good. In general, I am very glad Raven met expectations

-
-Mag 06.11.21

tell me how to enable the display of frames? and then it slows me down, I just do not know how much it drops, but interesting!

M
Molodnyak 06.11.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] tell me how to enable frame display? otherwise it slows me down just I don’t know how much it goes down, but interesting! [/ quote] Frapsom, nothing else like: wink:

L
Lucifer 06.11.21

On my max, everything goes under 60fps, although there are sometimes jerks, probably because of Windows-xp64, my computer seems to be not very cool-Mother ASUS A8W Deluxe 939socket, AMD64 3500 + percent, 1GB of RAM and vidyuha Radeon x800pro-played a little -the very beginning, very soundly-Dum3 sucks! The engine has been competently altered and the action is excellent!
Karoch put ultra high, anti-aliasing 16 times, vertical sync. Resolution 1280 by 1024 - my lcd monitor no longer pulls

D
D-Lain 06.11.21

>>> Karoch put ultra high, anti-aliasing 16 times

T
Timsonic 06.11.21

You have WHAT ALREADY QUAKA LET'S RELEASED ?????
WE DO NOT HAVE IT IN ALMATY YET !!!!!! BLINNNNN!

G
Guest 06.11.21

Well, Quake 4 came to my hard. By the way, I didn't really even want to play it. I thought the mess would be exactly the same as Doom3, which is why I didn't really hope.

From the very beginning, I can say that the game turned out well. Quake 4 is a sequel to the single from the second part. This means that the game should leave all the charms of the previous q2 and add to the schedule. The graphics are no different from the duum3, but the performance has increased significantly. Now at high settings 1024 768 noAA - no swap and even a hint of brakes (GF6600GT drives). The gameplay is also pleasing. And he pleased me first of all with the normal AI of allies and interesting scenarios in which the player falls. Here and driving shooting with the participation of as many as 10-12 vrazhin, and full-scale military actions with the participation of artillery, and walking along a narrow dark corridor ... you don't get bored.
However, the game did not bring anything new to the gameplay. It's still the same shooter kneader. FEAR has kicks, slow mo, and a girl. Everything is in the old fashioned way. Although it is a pretty good packaging with nice innovations. I haven't played FEAR yet, so I won't compare anything except graphics. So I definitely can't say where it is better. In both games, you can find corners, square-criminal barrels and cans. However, in design and detail, Quake 4 is ahead. I like the lighting itself more in FEAR. Concrete blocks, walls, reflections seem more natural. In q4, there is still a bit of Duum's plasticine, but it's already bearable and everything looks pretty good. Some rooms with dirty and rusty walls even reminded me of something Silent Hill. Animation and characters are made in FEAR better (after all, square ears and heads are no longer fashionable). Well, especially I was pinned how the hair was done in q4 - they just put a bump on the head and the surface of the head looked like a rough painted wall ([url = http: //www.uksepood.ee/tommy/untitled2.JPG] www.uksepood.ee /tommy/untitled2.JPG [/ url]). Although from afar it looks pretty good and does not particularly load the system.
FEAR and Quake 4 are roughly equal in terms of graphics. But what made me especially happy in q4 is that without AA, the ladders are practically invisible. In FEAR, without AA, fences around the edges of all textures. Therefore, I will say that taking into account the system. I like the q4 requirements graphically even better. :)
[url = http: //www.uksepood.ee/tommy/untitled.JPG] www.uksepood.ee/tommy/untitled.JPG [/ url]

S
Skip 06.11.21

Well, Tommy, you bent :-D Type Kwak requires less than Doom ... well ...
Doom flew at 2GHz - sometimes FPS in Kwak sometimes rolls down to 20 (video GeForce6800GT) conclusion - it's time to change the processor, because 2 GHz is lower limit for Kwaki. I'll take the A64 3000 and run around in multiplayer.

G
Guest 06.11.21

[Quote] Well, Tommy you bent Kwak Type requires less than Doom. [/ quote]
Neither one nor the other does not slow down a bit at all. But in Doom3, a swap in front of each door, even at high settings, is impossible to play. There is no such thing in Q4. Therefore, I made this conclusion.

D
DispeL 06.11.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] tell me how to enable frame display? but it slows me down just I don’t know how much it goes down, but interesting! [/ quote]
... Quake 4 / q4base / Quake4Config.cfg - you open it, you find the line seta com_showFPS "0" and change the value to units. (1). In addition, in the config you can find a lot of useful things and customize the game for yourself.
And now about the ku4 itself. The game was a success, IMHO! I have not tried the single yet, but I managed to "croak" in the internet with the crowd, so what? Super! : up: I advise if you need to relax.

a
aladdin 06.11.21

[quote name = "Uovka"] Who has potestit write konfu your computer and lope FPS [/ quote]?

I have a new laptop Centrino M 1400 700 Mb, 64 Mb video - at minimum graphics settings in the game there is about 15 fps, that is .e. not really playable, but the game starts. even passed one level.)))

D
Distorter 06.11.21

What are the minimum requirements for Kwake?
(by the way, according to the pictures - naked Doom)

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

> Quake 4 is a continuation of the single from the second part.

The single from the second part was punchy, there was no plot, it was not interesting to play.

P
Pleq 06.11.21

single - just nothing at all, abandoned in an hour, but the multiplayer is just a fairy tale. I liked it very much, although the physics there is not quite cool, but you get used to it quickly. In general, I'm very much looking forward to osp, without it I really can't set up the cfg. I have not tried to gamble on an Internet yet.

my rating for single - 4 out of 10, multiplayer - 9 out of 10

-
-Mag 06.11.21

[quote name = "DispeL"] [quote name = "$ Mag"] tell me how to enable frame display? but it slows me down just I don’t know how much it goes down, but interesting! [/ quote]
... Quake 4 / q4base / Quake4Config.cfg - you open it, you find the line seta com_showFPS "0" and change the value by one. (1). In addition, in the config you can find a lot of useful things and customize the game for yourself.
And now about the ku4 itself. The game was a success, IMHO! I have not tried the single yet, but I managed to "croak" in the internet with the crowd, so what? Super! : up: I advise you if you need to relax. [/ quote]

Thank you) I

tested it on my old woman C2.5, 1G, 256 R9600
on ultra with a resolution of 1024 * 768 below 20 frames drops extremely rarely. it's true without AA ... and without shadows - maybe I don’t understand anything, but I don’t care about shadows, in fact, in any game! They are my current and so a weak percentage of eating.
The game is excellent, and the single is cool for me, since this one is something forgotten for a quake!

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

20 frames? Yeah ... And you play that often?