3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkon 06.11.21 05:57 pm

Quake 4

Does anyone know anything about this game?
I saw some kind of stale, as if filmed on camera, a video in which
some guy in a prisoner T-shirt was running. I don’t remember anything else and I don’t know. Can anyone know?
121 Comments
Sort by:
M
MeilerSrun 06.11.21

Fedya, why did you get in here? Have you played the saber game? No? When you play, come.

[size = 75] [added after Fedya's messages] [/ size] Fedya

, they usually think in silence. Moreover, I do not understand how your messages in the topic:

[quote] The single of the second part was punchy, there is no plot, it is not interesting to play. [/ Quote]

[quote] 20 frames? Yeah ... And do you play so often? [/ Quote]

help you decide whether to play or not. Do you have something to reply to my message - in the "Site" section, the topic "Moderation".

E
EQA Rif 06.11.21

Mnyakh. And everything seems to be fine, but there is no smell of Quake. It became somehow prosaically dry. True, I only took a couple of steps. [i] The normal AI of the allies [/ i] is also not particularly evident yet, more and more scripts. But as the medic jumps into the doorway, you won't budge the elephant from the spot.

PS
[quote] The single of the second part was punchy, there is no plot, it is not interesting to play. [/ Quote]
Nonsense.

G
Guest 06.11.21

No, Quake 4 is one of the few games that is similar to the previous part (I'm talking about the second part of the game). Enemies, weapons, locations - they have retained something from Quake 2. About Doom 3, it cannot be said that this is a continuation of Doom 1 and Doom 2. IMHO - so a completely different game.

AI allies at a decent level. Better than in HL2, where they probably interfered more than helped. Help is really felt here.

S
Strange 06.11.21

Hmm, I played here for a couple of hours, I must say the thing came out quite good, the plot action of course does not shine very much, but quite dynamically + good soundtrack, and the D3, brought to mind, is so generally happy with its quickness, in general, not bad, boom to play further ...

S
Segal 06.11.21

I also played for an hour. There was no need to sit down at Q4 after FEAR - although the level design is a bit more varied, but the enemies and partners are stupid as traffic jams, and any firefight comes down to "jumped out, fired, hid, reloaded".

But still very good.

V
Vovan_king 06.11.21

2 Segal in FEAR:
"on broke-jumped out-shot-hid-off layer mo-reloaded"

G
Guest 06.11.21

Segal talks about shootouts. In FEAR they are more interesting. First, there is slowMo. Secondly, more advanced AI. Thirdly, the destructibility of premises, sparks, smoke, blurring of space due to the explosion of a grenade looks beautiful - more drive. In the fourth, the game is more dynamic. Fifthly, there is an opportunity to do kicks with hands, which brings variety to the game.

I read the review on ag.ru. Those complain about the monotony and monotony of the game. I only played the demo, so I won't argue. But personally, I don't expect a variety of locations from a shooter, for me locations are just a nice background. The main gameplay. In shooters, shootouts are the main attribute of gameplay (not counting HL2), and they are better in FEAR. However, soon I will get the FIR and then check it out and write my final opinion: which game is more interesting.

-
-Mag 06.11.21

Below 20 frames meant that in most cases more, but as far as I did not name. And more it is about 30-40fps in the corridors in general 60 without problems ... for my computer, I think this is more than good.

D
D-Lain 06.11.21

[quote] In the fourth, the game is more dynamic [/ quote]
The dynamics of the game is especially noticeable against the background of rare groups of opponents, and from one group to another you have to walk along monotonously soporific locations.

[quote] Fifthly, it is possible to do kicks with your hands, which brings variety to the game. [/ quote]
NEVER even hit with a butt, what can we say about legs. To hit you need to come close, as a rule, it is not possible. break-headshot-break our choice. yeah. Dynamics rushing. What are you saying? Oh, don't turn on the slo-mo play like that. And not interesting. Slo-mo is a very beautiful feature, but what for, then, forgive me, do you need it? two.

[quote] In shooters, the main attribute of gameplay (not counting HL2) are shootouts, and they are better in FEAR [/ quote]
In HL, then shootouts are not the main thing? He's not a shooter? It seems like a shooter, quite an arcade one. Does diversity get in his way? Probably not. Judging by the number of fans, the variety is appreciated. And what about the "main attribute". I advise you to cut a card in, for example, in Q3 and play with bots. Do not change the map, add complexity to the bots. How long will it take you to get tired of "just a pleasant background"? I think in an hour at most. There is no variety. Stupid mochilovo tires of the same mobs, you want something new. And then there is no new one. Of course, I understand your indignation, of course, I reviewed so many screenshots, called the game the shooter of the year in advance, etc. And then such a bummer. Only better from this is a beautiful dummy with the loud name U.ZH.O.S. does not become.

Now about Q4 :) Open spaces are disgusting. The funny thing is that they fit perfectly into the concept of Q2 (the continuation of which we have the honor to contemplate), but after any FC, HL are perceived as a big lurid hack. A static sky, with a cloudy texture, is no longer done. If only the clouds were added.

The level textures are also amazing. If in the Duma there were sometimes muddy stubs, then here all the time. Even five layers of any nasty stuff piled on top of textures (bump-blur, etc.) does not help. As always, I was amazed at the interesting approach of the developers. Instead of putting high quality compressed textures into the game, we crammed a bunch of uncompressed fig quality textures into the game. An obvious nod to the "divorce for a 512-meter card from n-vidia." On Ultra, the game really looks much better, but who has this card? I do not know such. Even a slip-crossfire spike won't help. The memory will not increase. Be so kind as to purchase a hybrid for a unit of tanks.

Well, the most unpleasant thing (for me) is the light on. I'll try to explain. In the Duma, the darkness allowed the use of "sharp" shadows (which looked great in the light of a lantern), and a "plastic bump" that dissolved in the crown of the head, without frightening the player with the "brilliance of everything". They decided to turn on the light in Q4, and everything got out. In daylight, "sharp" shadows look like "black" holes, the bump really hurts the eyes, and the acid palette does not bring visual joy. This is especially noticeable when from daylight we are driven into semi-dark corridors, everything is fine there. Slightly lighter than in the Duma, the walls are of a pleasant steel-blue hue, the shadows are "in the theme", the bump does not hurt the eyes.

This concludes the nitpicking to the graphic part :)

Otherwise I am satisfied. Nice transcription of the classics on the modern engine. A little less meat, a little more variety. Slower gameplay than the original, but more interesting skirmishes in return. Raven put together a solid game as always. We are waiting for the addon. (thread who doubts its appearance?)

V
Vovan_king 06.11.21

Current that passed !!! Great impressions! For me this is the best shooter of the year ... Raven made a good old quake.
Yes, open spaces are not so hot, but you don't need to drive for lighting ... not usual, after thought - yes, but beautiful, competent and stylish. Level designers - an award should be given for their work.
But this is not the main thing ... go to multiplayer and find out which shooter will become the main one for the next few years - ku4. Oh, get bots to hack them on Over Edge) ... the best rework of q2dm, as well as on the remake of q3_dm17 and q3_tourney6 !!!!
I can already imagine these experiences ... it's a pity that not every club will allow itself to organize a Q4 championship ... for now ..

G
Guest 06.11.21

[Quote] The dynamics of the game is especially noticeable against the background of rare groups of opponents, and from one group to another you have to walk through monotonously soporific locations. [/ quote]
Not a moment on the demo and on the gameplay video (about 30 minutes) so that the player stupidly walked along the corridors. There he is either frightened or a group of enemies.

[Quote] NEVER even hit with the butt, what can we say about the legs. To hit you need to come close, as a rule, it is not possible. break-headshot-break our choice. yeah. Dynamics rushing. What are you saying? Oh, don't turn on the slo-mo play like that. And not interesting. Slo-mo is a very beautiful feature, but what for, then, forgive me, do you need it? two. [/ quote]
Nobody even says that you need to come straight in a straight line straight ahead - you can sneak up from around the corner. In games such as FEAR, the player himself must be able to entertain himself using all the game features given by the developers.
SlowMo - as a kind of cheat that helps to pass when it's really hard. Sometimes you can turn it on. The player decides here.

[Quote] In HL, does it mean shootings are not the main thing? He's not a shooter? It seems like a shooter, quite an arcade one. Does variety bother him? [/ Quote]
Variety and pulled out HL2. If he hadn't been there, then this shooter would not have come out on shootings.

[quote] I advise you to cut the card in, for example, in Q3 and play with bots. Do not change the map, add complexity to the bots. How long will it take you to get tired of "just a pleasant background"? I think in an hour at most. There is no variety. Stupid mochilovo tires of the same mobs, you want something new. And then there is no new one. Of course, I understand your indignation, of course, I reviewed so many screenshots, called the game the shooter of the year in advance, etc. And then such a bummer. Only better from this is a beautiful dummy with the loud name U.ZH.O.S. does not become. [/ quote]
Well, FEAR is not the same card for the whole game. We can say that the game is monotonous with locations. But I will not say that in some thread of Doom3, Quake4 there is much more variety. All the same repeating corridors, the same rooms with the same similar computers can be found not only in FIR.

[Quote] The doughs at the level are also amazing. If in the Duma there were sometimes muddy stubs, then here all the time. Even five layers of any nasty stuff piled on top of textures (bump-blur, etc.) does not help. As always, I was amazed at the interesting approach of the developers. Instead of putting high quality compressed textures into the game, we crammed a bunch of uncompressed fig quality textures into the game. An obvious nod to the "divorce for a 512-meter card from n-vidia." On Ultra, the game really looks much better, but who has this card? I do not know such. Even a slip-crossfire spike won't help. The memory will not increase. Be so kind as to buy a hybrid for a tank unit. [/ quote]
Textures look better than duum plastic.

[quote] Otherwise, I'm happy. Nice transcription of the classics on the modern engine. A little less meat, a little more variety. Slower gameplay than the original, but more interesting skirmishes in return. Raven put together a solid game as always. We are waiting for the addon. (Who is the thread who doubts its appearance?) [/ quote]
Is there a variety of locations here? The player does not have to get bored stomping along the corridors?

In my opinion, Q4 and FEAR are two good games with their pros and cons. Which one I will say better when I play full FEAR (swing - 40% - another 25 hours)

V
Vovan_king 06.11.21

2 D-Lain Yes you are right at the beginning it is dumb to run on the surface, especially in the trenches ... everything is unclear. But closer to the middle and towards the end of the location, neighing with their diversity. Better, prettier.
I don’t have a shadow of the character from the fanar, I was surprised myself ... in the thought, it was possible to remember it if it was turned on.

[size = 75] Added on Oct 25, 2005, 9:44 am: [/ size]

On ixbt they wrote a competent review

A
Auron 06.11.21

I read the thread and remember Pariah, why is Quake 4 better?

G
Guest 06.11.21

I saw a 30 minute video gameplay and played a demo. I can say something about something.

S
Segal 06.11.21

[quote name = "Vovan_king"] 2 Segal in FEAR:
"on broke-jumped-fired-hid-off-layer mo-reloaded" [/ quote] And they are from the rear. In FIR, the enemies are much smarter.

D
D-Lain 06.11.21

>>> I saw a 30 minute gameplay video and played a demo. I can say something about something.

M
MeilerSrun 06.11.21

Tommy, I agree with D-Lain - you haven't played FEAR, when you play - you will argue.

M
Molodnyak 06.11.21

[quote name = "Segal"] [quote name = "Vovan_king"] 2 Segal in FEAR:
"on broke-jumped-fired-hid-off-layer-reloaded" [/ quote] And they are from the rear. In FIRe enemies are much smarter. [/ Quote]
Most often it is a grenade. : wink:

K
Kefka 06.11.21

I played a scary demo, but my opponents never got around me. Not from the rear, not from the side. And no wonder - the corridor is reinforced concrete, you can walk through. Although the measurements passing through the walls are yes, it would be strong. But alas: there are no passing or even transparent (like in FC invisible mutants, remember?) In the fire. And they are strict, they can bypass, but only in certain situations: for example, below you are trying to kill the strict on the balcony, who run around its perimeter and periodically take cover behind the fences. Also, they themselves are strict, unlike more charismatic measures, and are modeled with imagination.
In the quake, conditionally open spaces turned out well, i.e. spacious halls and recreation. Really open spaces on the d3 engine, pmcm, will not appear soon, tk. correct and picturesque calculation of sunlight by the engine requires good resources and technologies such as HDR. The bump looks great both on the skin and on stones and metal, and no one is to blame for the fact that Nomad has myopia, and the whole playing Runet, like a parrot, began to mumble something about plasticity.
I consider comparisons of K4 with Fir to be a wretchedly far-fetched intrigue for a conflict in a gaming society, necessary for magazines and sites such as igmania and ag, so that there is something for the pioneers to *** do. Reminds the opposition D3 vs X-L2.

V
Vovan_king 06.11.21

GG Well written .... I would like to add that Nomad is not terribly objective and stupid person