3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nik 06.11.21 10:12 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - discussing videos?;)

Here I watched the videos 10 more times. What are the conclusions?

Graphics.

+ Amazing grass, trees. Excellent architecture, 5-storey buildings are indistinguishable from real ones. Stunning sky. Great character faces and crisp weapon models. Crisp textures. The first shots when the real shooting seamlessly turns into shots from the game. Awesome lighting and shadows. Animation.

- Interior decoration "Niva"

Physics.

+ Falling crows. Realistically flying corpses of people and rats after a grenade explosion. The fall of the STLAKER from the tower when he clings with his foot, and for a couple of seconds, hanging on the roof of the building and bounces to the floor; falling STALKER on the roof of the car.

- Scattering of boxes.

Sound.

+ Music in the video. Voice acting of characters (what is the word sâ„–k worth? In the lexicon of opponents)

- It is difficult to identify in the video.

That's all I can say after watching the videos. Share your opinions and info about the game.

Threat Sorry for creating a topic worn out to holes.

124 Comments
Sort by:
S
Salo 06.11.21

She does not pull for a game of all times and peoples for sure (this place is occupied by the Mafia), but it will definitely be very good. Why not the best:

1. Non-linearity and freedom of action, as the absence of a direct plot. When there is freedom, you cannot follow the plot, and a game without a plot is not a game, but entertainment (which is why Doom3 will definitely be better).

2.Graphics. I do not argue, it is very, very, and even very good, in terms of rendering in real time, it surpasses Doom3 by 3 times. But for a game of all times and peoples, the 2004 release is not enough.

PS IMHO.

N
Nik 06.11.21

We must be able to present this very freedom. You can't land a player in the middle of a location without any goals and objectives, but you shouldn't drag him after the plot either. Now, if GSK manages to find a middle ground (and by the way they are talking about an interesting plot), then it will be just super. Although I can cite several games with complete freedom, they are amazingly interesting. These are brilliant Space Rangers and equally brilliant both parts of Fallout and Arcanum. So: wink:

What about a better / worse thought. It is too early to judge this - then both games will be released then we'll see.

G
Guest 06.11.21

+ Amazing grass, trees. Excellent architecture, 5-storey buildings are indistinguishable from real ones. Stunning sky. Great character faces and crisp weapon models. Crisp textures. The first shots when the real shooting seamlessly turns into shots from the game. Awesome lighting and shadows. Animation.

I would say that there are no minuses in the graphics, well, based on the videos - like 3dMark :) And where did you see the animation, throw off the link to the video.

- Interior decoration "Niva"

I think this is just now, they will fix it.

Physics.

Ask Segal, he was there at some presentation. Says that: shocked:

falling STALKER on the roof of the car

This is actually what : up: I didn’t even expect in the game. Because this is such a trifle. Well, when will you have such an opportunity in the game how to kill a stalker and make him fall right on the car? Well, just a very nice little thing.

+ Music in the video. Voice acting of characters (what is the word sâ„–k worth? In the lexicon of opponents)

Lexicon that you need : up:

Share your opinions and info about the game.

I counted the whole site about this game to the holes. There AI promises : up: The adversary will evaluate his, your health, weapons, allies, position and choose to attack in a brazen, sealed or just run away. Do you remember in the video three stalkers were chasing another.

There, even the monsters will have brains, of course, to each his own.

1. Non-linearity and freedom of action, as the absence of a direct plot. When there is freedom, you cannot follow the plot, and a game without a plot is not a game, but entertainment (which is why Doom3 will definitely be better).

And I, on the contrary, in the mafia did not like linearity. Stalker's developers claim that it is possible to play this game 20 times and not see all the plot interweaving. There will be 2 endings.

2.Graphics. I do not argue, it is very, very, and even very good, in terms of rendering in real time, it surpasses Doom3 by 3 times. But for a game of all times and peoples, the 2004 release is not enough.

What are you? Such graphics, such spaces! There, and so on the video you have to spend a lot, and you say it is not enough. Then buy a GeForce Fx2 512 DDR Ram (though there is no such one yet) and then you can safely improve the stalker's graphics: wink:

N
Nik 06.11.21

Tommy, don't you know what animation is: wink :? This is the movement of characters, wiggling, twitching of course, animation of falling, death. Haven't you seen the animation in the last video? :?

Otherwise completely : agree:

G
Guest 06.11.21

Tommy, don't you know what animation is: wink :? This is the movement of characters, wiggling, twitching of course, animation of falling, death. Haven't you seen the animation in the last video? :?

Otherwise completely : agree:

It's clear. I thought the animation is only connected with the face. : oops:

F
Frost-sama 06.11.21

And I liked the play of light and shadow on the tiles better ^ _ ^

G
Guest 06.11.21

And I liked the play of light and shadow on the tiles better ^ _ ^

Who wouldn't like it? As I say, there is a graph like in 3dMark: up:

S
Salo 06.11.21

We must be able to present this very freedom. You can't land a player in the middle of a location without any goals and objectives, but you shouldn't drag him after the plot either. Now, if GSK manages to find a middle ground (and by the way they are talking about an interesting plot), then it will be just super. Although I can cite several games with complete freedom, they are amazingly interesting. These are brilliant Space Rangers and equally brilliant both parts of Fallout and Arcanum. So: wink:

What about a better / worse thought. It is too early to judge this - then both games will be released then we'll see.

Sorry, I didn’t play Space Rangers or Falaut (but they say cool). But I played for GTA3. And I mean that kind of freedom (if you can call it that).

2Tommy:

Do you think in 2004 there will be no better graphics than Stalker? I am sure otherwise.

PS By the way, have you noticed how Xenus has faded into the background?

O
Orchunter 06.11.21

Yes, Xenus stepped aside. But his video is remarkable.

No, Xenus seems so much to me

G
Guest 06.11.21

Do you think in 2004 there will be no better graphics than Stalker? I am sure otherwise.

Will not. This I tell you for sure. All great projects (half2, duum3, Far Edge, Creed : gigi:) are inferior to the stalker in all respects, except that in Half the animation is awesome. Well, what else is so cool to appear so suddenly in 2004? What could be better than a Stalker? Great projects have to wait for years (duum3), and here they haven't even heard of anything cooler, at least at the Stalker level: wink:

S
Salo 06.11.21

Will not. This I tell you for sure. All great projects (half2, duum3, Far Edge, Creed : gigi:) are inferior to the stalker in all respects, except that in Half the animation is awesome. Well, what else is so cool to appear so suddenly in 2004? What could be better than a Stalker? Great projects have to wait for years (duum3), and here they haven't even heard of anything cooler, at least at the Stalker level: wink:

MGS3 for consoles. Yes, then there is Halo 2 suitable, though for X-Box.

G
Guest 06.11.21

MGS3 for consoles. Yes, then there is Halo 2 suitable, though for X-Box.

Is MGS3 better than Stalker? Go where the thread is in another place tell :-D : rotfl: well, laugh.

R
RENAISSANCE KNIGHT 06.11.21

The best game of all time. Original and different from others, like the Slavic people who make it and about which it is made: love:

I have only one video, but it's just super!

Russia is a mother in all its glory. Especially the palace of culture and the entrances to the underground tunnels.

N
Nik 06.11.21

Russia is a mother in all its glory.

Ukraine, brother, Ukraine. : razz:: wink:

R

Russia is a mother in all its glory.

Ukraine, brother, Ukraine. : razz:: wink:

Russia in general! : agree:

D
Daenur 06.11.21

hmm, but in my opinion to evaluate games and, moreover, to draw such conclusions: that game X will surpass game Y, based on such scant information, it is more likely to evaluate who wrote the oversized press release and whose programmers successfully edited the video and scolded beautiful screenshots ...

I see that the topic is about videos, but it's just funny to read how people are already praising something in advance and are so confident in something;) Kridinism can theoretically happen with every game, so you shouldn't give in to PR; ) IMHO naturally.

R

hmm, but in my opinion to evaluate games and, moreover, to draw such conclusions: that game X will surpass game Y, based on such scant information, it is more likely to evaluate who wrote the oversized press release and whose programmers successfully edited the video and scolded beautiful screenshots ...

I see that the topic is about videos, but it's just funny to read how people are already praising something in advance and are so confident in something;) Kridinism can theoretically happen with every game, so you shouldn't give in to PR; ) IMHO naturally.

Well, in general, you're right. There is no need to build too many hopes, so that they then suddenly collapse. As is the case with Kreed.

G
Guest 06.11.21

Just videos, screenshots, stories about the game (gameplay, plot) give so much emotion that I just want to discuss it. If everything goes as advertised, the game will turn out : up:

H
HAEMHuK 06.11.21

Even when I saw the first video of STALKER, and he was worse than all the subsequent ones - he stopped waiting for Halva 2 and Doom ... well, absolutely uninteresting. In addition, for Ukrainians in the game there is one non-exhaustive plus - places, places! Our places! Relatives ! Chernobyl mother!

By the way, who read all the fanatic stories about STALKER on the game's website?

Here, besides STALKER, I'm really waiting (not because of the graphics, but purely interest, what I will play regardless of the graphics) - Host Recon (next), Hitman 3, S.V.A.T. 4 ... : uzi:

B
Blink 55 06.11.21

I read the info about the game hmm .. this is a thing : up: Now for me, too, Half is not a leader, but he was not a leader: D And I don't even expect Doom 3: dn: Here's the question - if the game has such love with Nvidia, then how will the game look on Radeon -Oh??