3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nik 06.11.21 10:12 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - discussing videos?;)

Here I watched the videos 10 more times. What are the conclusions?

Graphics.

+ Amazing grass, trees. Excellent architecture, 5-storey buildings are indistinguishable from real ones. Stunning sky. Great character faces and crisp weapon models. Crisp textures. The first shots when the real shooting seamlessly turns into shots from the game. Awesome lighting and shadows. Animation.

- Interior decoration "Niva"

Physics.

+ Falling crows. Realistically flying corpses of people and rats after a grenade explosion. The fall of the STLAKER from the tower when he clings with his foot, and for a couple of seconds, hanging on the roof of the building and bounces to the floor; falling STALKER on the roof of the car.

- Scattering of boxes.

Sound.

+ Music in the video. Voice acting of characters (what is the word sâ„–k worth? In the lexicon of opponents)

- It is difficult to identify in the video.

That's all I can say after watching the videos. Share your opinions and info about the game.

Threat Sorry for creating a topic worn out to holes.

124 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 06.11.21

By the way, who read all the fanatic stories about STALKER on the game's website?

I read a couple. My friend reads them. But it's impossible to read everything.

I like the stories about the doom more, which can be found on www.doom3.ru

G
GUUD 06.11.21

Here's the question - if the game has such a love with Nvidia, how will the game look on Radeon-ah ??

The developers promise that they will try to ensure that their cooperation with Nvidia does not hurt the performance on ATI cards :)

B
Blink 55 06.11.21

Here's the question - if the game has such a love with Nvidia, how will the game look on Radeon-ah ??

The developers promise that they will try to ensure that their cooperation with Nvidia does not hurt the performance on ATI cards :)

I hope it will be so :) : up:

R
Raipper 06.11.21

She does not pull for a game of all times and peoples (this place is occupied by the Mafia)

This place was occupied, is occupied now, and will be occupied by Fallout until the release of the 3rd part. : razz:

Sorry for offtopic. : oops:

H
HAEMHuK 06.11.21

By the way, who read all the fanatic stories about STALKER on the game's website?

I read a couple. My friend reads them. But it's impossible to read everything.

I like the stories about the doom more, which can be found on www.doom3.ru

Stories about Doom 3 may be interesting, but Ira is absolutely unprincipled ... And you can read all Stalker's stories, I meant those posted on the site ...

B
Blink 55 06.11.21

Tommy retired me on the game ..... hmm this is a game : up:

What AI they are saying !! I'm waiting for the release !! and when are they going to release the game ?? 2004 ?? or at the end of 2003 ??

H
HAEMHuK 06.11.21

She does not pull for a game of all times and peoples (this place is occupied by the Mafia)

This place was occupied, is occupied now, and will be occupied by Fallout until the release of the 3rd part. : razz:

Sorry for offtopic. : oops:

What are you saying, people? The place of the Stalker, judging only by the descriptions and videos of the Stalker (and we do not have much yet), cannot, has not been and will not be occupied by the Mafia. Never. How can you compare such games ??? And then there is Falaut ... well, even more different games. I couldn't even play Foul for two minutes, I started falling asleep ... this is a purely amateur game! Only for a few gamers, the place of the Stalker at the moment can be occupied by any games! : evil:

Tommy retired me on the game ..... hmm this is a game : up:

What AI they are saying !! I'm waiting for the release !! and when are they going to release the game ?? 2004 ?? or at the end of 2003 ??

Finally promised at the end of this year ... but tyzh panimash sho such promises of Creative People

D
Daenur 06.11.21

so THQ moved the date to April 2004 quite a long time ago ...

B
Blink 55 06.11.21

so THQ moved the date to April 2004 quite a long time ago ...

Hmm, wait a long time .... :( And who knows, maybe they will still postpone the release :(

G
Guest 06.11.21

Stories about Doom 3 may be interesting, but Ira is absolutely unprincipled ... And you can read all Stalker's stories, I meant those posted on the site ...

I'm talking about stories and I say, I really like them.

Do you read it? Yes, there are 200 of them, each with 2 A4 sheets. You can read it, but I would not do it: you rarely come across a well-written story. :(

G
GUUD 06.11.21

By the way, that they will postpone - it is possible ... in any case, I stubbornly hear conversations about the summer of 2004 ... Everyone is afraid ...

x
xtr 06.11.21

I doubt the success of the stalker, moreover, I can assure you that the second Venom will turn out, that's why:

1. I played one of the summer variants of the stalker. Yes, the game is cute. The sky is beautiful, the grass is nothing, but the character models and especially the faces are badly done.

2. Absolutely stupid running around in huge open spaces. For me personally, this is not very clear and not very encouraging. Plus these crazy walking robots6 who blocked the path and themselves did not know where to go and stupid wolves.

3. Limited interactivity. The person falling on the car is just a script. There are also problems with physics.

4. Ugly weapon. Plus, the effect of its contact with objects is not at all realistic.

5. In addition, I talked with one editor of a Western edition who specially traveled to Ukraine and, according to him, the developers are too keen on adding some small chip details, instead of polishing the gameplay.

In other words, if the developers don’t come to their senses, then we will get a technological demo, and not a normal game. And I think that it will be so. So, what about the Stalker, admire as little as possible, so that later it would not be especially offensive.

H
HAEMHuK 06.11.21

Even if it is the second Venom, it means that I will pass it three times: twisted:

ABY NOT WORSE! : twisted:

B
Blink 55 06.11.21

Give Pliz an exact link to these stories so that you don't scour the entire site. :)

H
HAEMHuK 06.11.21

Give Pliz an exact link to these stories so that you don't scour the entire site. :)

A direct link to chiba nihto nidast, the site is made in flash. all pages have the address http://www.stalker-game.com/russian/index_rus.html So just go to the link from the main page "Community", and there is the section "Competition" ... and all business ... this is called "History of the Zone"

hatya on the other hand, if you think about it ... then the direct link is - http://www.stalker-game.com/russian/ind ... & s = contest gygygy

F
Frost-sama 06.11.21

2. Absolutely stupid running around in huge open spaces. For me personally, this is not very clear and not very encouraging.

This can be seen from the demos ...

And the fact that they are fixated on photorealism is bad> _ <

Which of our projects had normal gameplay? I don’t remember ...

G
GUUD 06.11.21

2 KDF The same Venom.

2 xtr

1. What summer? one of the alphas in 2002 was. I watch the video - yes, there are 3-4 options, but they are made ... God forbid.

2. There will be a living world, it will be interesting :)

3. Scary ... but what about the ragdoll trailer ??

4. Do they draw special versions for videos? :)

5. Name at least one uninteresting game from GSC. Except HoverAce.

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.11.21

1. I played one of the summer variants of the stalker ...

2. Absolutely stupid running around in huge open spaces.

For me personally, this is not very clear and not very encouraging.

In the summer, there was not a single anomaly in the game, a minimum of monsters and a complete lack of AI. Naturally, in such conditions, the game turns into a "dull running around". When all this works, then there will be no dull running around.

3. Limited interactivity. The person falling on the car is just a script. There are also problems with physics.

What are the specific problems with physics? What I saw, IMHO, was not inferior to the hawok.

5. In addition, I talked with one editor of a Western edition who specially traveled to Ukraine and, according to him, the developers are too keen on adding some small chip details, instead of polishing the gameplay.

The gameplay is actually being polished in the final stages of the game's development, from which Stalker is still far away. And if the "editor of a Western edition" does not understand such elementary things ...

In other words, if the developers don’t come to their senses, then we will get a technological demo, and not a normal game.

Let's just say - if the developers _not_ pull_ all that they promised, then yes, then we will really get a technology demo. For example, I myself am very wary of the promise of simulating artificial life - I just do not understand how this can be done. IMHO, if they really implement it, then programmers can safely defend doctoral dissertations on the topic of artificial intelligence ...

And I think that it will be so.

Well, I don’t think so, but I don’t exclude this possibility. So far, I really liked everything that I saw (of course, with a discount for the lack of gameplay, without which the game turns into "dumb running through open spaces";))

G
GUUD 06.11.21

It is polished in the final stages, but at least something should be now ... Segal says that there is no game at all ...

S
Shmu-Hadron 06.11.21

It is polished in the final stages, but at least something should be now ...

Where such confidence? Have you ever watched the development of a game? Or maybe he even took part in it?