3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis 09.11.21 09:40 pm

How would you like to see DooM 4? (Doom (2016))

I read the idea of ​​these chips on this http://www.3dnews.ru/software-news/chetire_obyazatelnie_fishki_dlya_doom_4/ and thought, we need to come up with a thread, and think, what would we dear doomers like to see in the game. Here is my list ...
I think that many new features need to be added to the gameplay, as well as features that were already in other good projects. This is what I think, if they were added to the game, IMHO I ask you not to judge strictly, I also look forward to your comments.
1) Implement freedom of action in the game, the game does not need some large spaces, as well as some corridors, you need a little bit of both, only at the expense of the corridors, for example, add not one corridor, but let's say three or even five paths leading us to the destination, so that there would be a choice, and more could be wandering around and looking for useful things =)
2) Add more and more complex caches to the game, as it was in Dumas, without them it sucks, Dum 3 IMHO implemented them badly, it is easy to find hiding places and there are not so many of them.
3) Although I doubt it and I’m afraid to say, I’ll still say, add some kind of RPG system, yes, you understood me correctly, I know this is Doom and there’s no need to do this, but this greatly diversifies the gameplay, for example, you have 10 guns in your arsenal (although if more is better, because there will be actions on Earth) and add some kind of upgrade as in Bioshock, only there it is primitive, there it was possible to upgrade all weapons, and then make a choice, make the BFG more powerful, or that there would be more ammunition. You can also upgrade your costume like in Dead Space, I know if it wakes you up, then in all reviews they will start writing that DooM 4 stole something from all games, but if you implement it your own way, it will look cool.
4) At the expense of the lantern, it is not necessary to make a lantern like in DooM 3, if you add a change of day and night in the game, just imagine, you play during the day, kill most demons, and night comes, and the most dangerous enemies begin to crawl out of their secluded places, you you turn on a flashlight, which, for example, can be attached to a weapon or a suit, walk along dark alleys, go down to some smelly basement (developers need to take into account our basements = DDD) and the game turns into a real Horror, as it was, for example, in Clive Barker's Jericho there in the sewers, where the lantern illuminates only a small part of the screen, it's really dumb.
5) At the expense of transport, IMHO the game does not need it, but if they add that it was not obligatory, whoever wanted it to ride.
6) Add to the game places like in Left 4 Dead in houses where you need to stay away from attack one such moment for the whole game will not spoil, just the developers need to look at the game Clive Barker's Jericho, and its decorations and locations, I think in this game the most the best painted corpses that are lying around the levels =))) Especially the martyrs, they really strain if you think that you could be in their place.
7) Graphics, IMHO, it should be beautiful in design, but not technological like CrYsis. According to the videos in Rage, the locations cause delight for steeper than in the same Fallout 3, small details are drawn, that's what is called graphics, not just technology that eats up resources , but how the world is drawn, for example Dead Space and Clive Barker's Jericho there are no high technologies, in one the corridors are very well rich in design, in the second not really drawn Hell, in DooM 3 Hell was unrealistically boring and poor in variety = (
8) Ept, we need a super fast and powerful multiplayer, IDs were the fathers of the Deathmatch mode, it's time for them to come up with new modes, provide the game with many modes, as well as add a mode like in ETQW, because the game is on the ground, and you can come up with many modes, by the way it would do mode like Left4Dead "Versus" monsters against players.
9) Add co-op to the game, which is better than driving monsters with a friend.
10) Don't let the game be localized by 1C! and don't get close to them, although they coolly translated DooM 3, but as they messed up the game with multiplayer, it was impossible to connect to the western version this time, not compatibility with mods, two, and thirdly, these stupid idiots do not localize patches when they do not on time, they come out in a month, or even two or even in general ... uh they forget about it, for example the patch for DooM 3 1.3.1. Give localization to SoftClub or Buki, they don't give their StarForce in all games to New Disk.
All IMHO waiting for your comments and objections =)
177 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dead maus 09.11.21

This is exactly what our chips will put into the game.

B
Binocl 09.11.21

1. It is unlikely, and the game and so by itself is a vast Locks ...
2.Neploho, just do not overdo it with the number of ...
3. All the same, if so, what to think, it is possible to any to ascribe RPG features to the game and it will be cool, but is it necessary to spoil the general plot of all Doom's episodes? ..
4. We don't know yet where we will play ...
5. Well .. I don't care, the trains are fine with me. ..
6.Hmm, a curious idea ... But there and so sometimes the runoff is hard enough that mommy don’t
cry ) 7.It seems to me that they went too far in Doom 3 with reflections, it’s somehow dumb, that it’s dark and at the same time everything glows , you get used to it, but still ... But I think the graph will surpass Kwak 4 ...
8. Perhaps, I would like to see the MP right in the original, not in some fashion ...
9. There is a mod, I think if they hear our requests, they will add. Well, in any case, we will use a third-party)
10. Here's an amateur, I, in principle, have no complaints about them ...

R
Russssslan [NKVD] 09.11.21

The main thing is that the game is on the PC)

G
Gаmer 23 09.11.21

That's for sure. And after the autumn releases, hot doom 4 will come out in winter, and no competition :)

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

On a PC, it will be 100%))

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

doom is a traditional pc game, consoles are resting

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Yes. But still, it will also be on consoles ...

R
RadSiGER 09.11.21

To redefine shooters like Doom did in 1993. (I know, this is impossible, there will be no second opening of 3d graphics, it will only develop IMHO)

E
EDDISON 09.11.21

I would like to see DUM 4 the game with the most awesome graphics. so that all sorts of crysis envy

v
vnekOnator 09.11.21

I would like to see DOOM 4 with a changing storyline like in Quake 2: pick up a cannon and there’s acid instead of floor. The general of the army orders to attack from the side, and the hero gets to the very rear ... You kill the monster, but he does not die, he just walks around and jerks his legs; just turn away from the "corpse", and he ka-aaa-ak will jump!

S
SNICKERS-MUSHROOM 09.11.21

I was pissed off in Duma 3 that there are monsters flying out from around every corner, PPC gets bored of the same thing ... it would be better if this were not in 4 Duma

КaiN 09.11.21

and I would ... I would just like to see him

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

hmm me too ... damn no news ... eh .. :(

X
XKR 09.11.21

Whatever comes out, I will play in this, all the same the game will be cool

E
EDDISON 09.11.21

that's for sure

D
Dg73_TiTan -worm073- 09.11.21

Damn, why didn’t a single screen appear?

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

and it won't be soon ..

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

I want to see the game in the style of Doom 3, only: it is more terrible, much more terrible, so that it comes down to soothing, so that when you go, the game visually conveys the smell of the environment, an atmosphere that will crush with cold and loneliness. And that Hell was truly Hellish!
Hmm, that's in a nutshell;)

[
[[[RIP]]]]]] 09.11.21

I would like to see DUM4 as the best game of 2010, and that says it all.

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

Already hunting to play! )