3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis 09.11.21 09:40 pm

How would you like to see DooM 4? (Doom (2016))

I read the idea of ​​these chips on this http://www.3dnews.ru/software-news/chetire_obyazatelnie_fishki_dlya_doom_4/ and thought, we need to come up with a thread, and think, what would we dear doomers like to see in the game. Here is my list ...
I think that many new features need to be added to the gameplay, as well as features that were already in other good projects. This is what I think, if they were added to the game, IMHO I ask you not to judge strictly, I also look forward to your comments.
1) Implement freedom of action in the game, the game does not need some large spaces, as well as some corridors, you need a little bit of both, only at the expense of the corridors, for example, add not one corridor, but let's say three or even five paths leading us to the destination, so that there would be a choice, and more could be wandering around and looking for useful things =)
2) Add more and more complex caches to the game, as it was in Dumas, without them it sucks, Dum 3 IMHO implemented them badly, it is easy to find hiding places and there are not so many of them.
3) Although I doubt it and I’m afraid to say, I’ll still say, add some kind of RPG system, yes, you understood me correctly, I know this is Doom and there’s no need to do this, but this greatly diversifies the gameplay, for example, you have 10 guns in your arsenal (although if more is better, because there will be actions on Earth) and add some kind of upgrade as in Bioshock, only there it is primitive, there it was possible to upgrade all weapons, and then make a choice, make the BFG more powerful, or that there would be more ammunition. You can also upgrade your costume like in Dead Space, I know if it wakes you up, then in all reviews they will start writing that DooM 4 stole something from all games, but if you implement it your own way, it will look cool.
4) At the expense of the lantern, it is not necessary to make a lantern like in DooM 3, if you add a change of day and night in the game, just imagine, you play during the day, kill most demons, and night comes, and the most dangerous enemies begin to crawl out of their secluded places, you you turn on a flashlight, which, for example, can be attached to a weapon or a suit, walk along dark alleys, go down to some smelly basement (developers need to take into account our basements = DDD) and the game turns into a real Horror, as it was, for example, in Clive Barker's Jericho there in the sewers, where the lantern illuminates only a small part of the screen, it's really dumb.
5) At the expense of transport, IMHO the game does not need it, but if they add that it was not obligatory, whoever wanted it to ride.
6) Add to the game places like in Left 4 Dead in houses where you need to stay away from attack one such moment for the whole game will not spoil, just the developers need to look at the game Clive Barker's Jericho, and its decorations and locations, I think in this game the most the best painted corpses that are lying around the levels =))) Especially the martyrs, they really strain if you think that you could be in their place.
7) Graphics, IMHO, it should be beautiful in design, but not technological like CrYsis. According to the videos in Rage, the locations cause delight for steeper than in the same Fallout 3, small details are drawn, that's what is called graphics, not just technology that eats up resources , but how the world is drawn, for example Dead Space and Clive Barker's Jericho there are no high technologies, in one the corridors are very well rich in design, in the second not really drawn Hell, in DooM 3 Hell was unrealistically boring and poor in variety = (
8) Ept, we need a super fast and powerful multiplayer, IDs were the fathers of the Deathmatch mode, it's time for them to come up with new modes, provide the game with many modes, as well as add a mode like in ETQW, because the game is on the ground, and you can come up with many modes, by the way it would do mode like Left4Dead "Versus" monsters against players.
9) Add co-op to the game, which is better than driving monsters with a friend.
10) Don't let the game be localized by 1C! and don't get close to them, although they coolly translated DooM 3, but as they messed up the game with multiplayer, it was impossible to connect to the western version this time, not compatibility with mods, two, and thirdly, these stupid idiots do not localize patches when they do not on time, they come out in a month, or even two or even in general ... uh they forget about it, for example the patch for DooM 3 1.3.1. Give localization to SoftClub or Buki, they don't give their StarForce in all games to New Disk.
All IMHO waiting for your comments and objections =)
177 Comments
Sort by:
S
Slav0K 09.11.21

And Che Doom 4 will be released in 2011 ??? Like this was promised!

P
Pai cheng-tien 09.11.21

I thought he should appear in this?

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

So I also thought that in this, but everywhere it is already 2011. Maybe they confused what?

[
[[[RIP]]]]]] 09.11.21

The beginning of next year is my prediction

P
Pai cheng-tien 09.11.21

Maybe a typo ...

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

The exact date of the game is not yet known !!!

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Well ... 2011.
The earlier does not mean that the worse. I want it this year!
Give me the game on August 13, 2010! (Black Friday 13th}: D)

[
[[[RIP]]]]]] 09.11.21

Corrosion
ahah lol. The game will be shown for the first time at Kwakkon, which begins on August 12. And 13 immediately release the game? :)))

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Yeah :)
In general, I don't remember the presentation date :(
But the release date should also be some kind of ... let's say, corresponding to the topic: D

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

Yes, it's a long time to wait = (
By the way, I played this Grandfather Spice, and here's what I'll say about:
The game is not scary at all !!! The graph is cool, realistic. But most of all I am enraged by the control of the GG !!! why is it because of the back and on the left, the whole screen is obscuring !!!

P
Pai cheng-tien 09.11.21

So that it does not differ too much from the 3rd, there is never enough good.

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Well, in general, the date will most likely be known on Quakecon 2010 =)
Eh, that's where Doom 4 will be presented ...

N
Nomad9112 09.11.21

Doom 4 will be with the id tech 5 improvement I thought that in Doom 4, as before, the single mode will be the main one. The multiplayer will also be twisting the main thing to wait.

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Doom is not a Multiplayer game.
But as the developers said:
"At the QuakeCon 2008 event, John Carmack said that the multiplayer modes in Doom 4 will be significantly better than the modes that are available in the third part of the game. John Carmack said that in Doom 4 the multiplayer will not be as good as in Quake Live, but it will be much better than Doom 3 or Quake 4 multiplayer. "

A
Archibalt Shpritsendrosel 09.11.21

Well, in short - I would like to see the game as the first 2 parts were, but with an amendment to the fact that the game will have ultra-modern graphics (And no one canceled the hurricane gameplay !!!)
And not in short:
First and foremost -
Gameplay: we go shoot - we kill everyone (everything that moves !!!) I would like everything in the game to be extremely balanced in terms of: the number of cartridges at a level approximately equal to the number of enemies that need to be killed, well, let's say -
(ammunition excluding those which are in caches)
I will give just an example: like this (I would like to see) it will be (I just hope) if the locations are really 5-10 square kilometers in size))
But it is easier to give an example by calculating the number of monsters (and guns) by 1 sq. km.
1) at the 1st level of difficulty - there are few enemies (from 50 to 100 enemies per 1 sq. Km. - I will explain: in this situation, we [on average !!!] will kill 1 monster every 10 - 20 meters) and not necessarily strictly every 10 meters - this can be a distance of 11,12,13 .... etc. meters and monsters can be of a different number (but naturally within this norm), and ammunition is 50% more necessary. The aggressiveness of enemies is low. Oh how !!!
2) At the 2nd level of difficulty - 3 times more enemies (from 150 to 300 per 1 sq. Km. Ie in this situation we [on average !!!] will kill 3 monsters every 10 - 20 meters or 10 monsters every 30 - 60 meters), and ammunition is also 50% more necessary. The aggressiveness of the monsters is average !!!
3) at the 3rd difficulty level, there are 2 times more enemies (from 300 to 600 per 1 sq. Km. Ie in this situation we [on average !!!] will kill 6 monsters every 10 - 20 meters or 20 monsters every 30 - 60 meters) Ammunition is exactly as much as needed for kills))) - if you do not smear it !!! The aggressiveness of the monsters is high !!
4) at the 4th difficulty level, there are 2 times more enemies (from 600 to 1200 per 1 sq. Km. Ie in this situation we [on average !!!] will kill 12 monsters every 10 - 20 meters or 40 monsters every 30 - 60 meters) Ammunition is also exactly as much as is needed to kill all the monsters - BUT THIS TIME TAKING ATTENTION OF AMMUNITION IN SECRETS !!!
Naturally, there is no need to find fault with words and ask something like:
"Why exactly 10 monsters every 10 meters?"
30 - 60 - this, as it were, can be 30 (but not less) and 31 and 32,33,34,35 .... 55.56, ... 58 meters ... - but no more than 60))) Yes, and the same thing with monsters - of
course I don't know how the developers will do, so I write approximately (approximately, roughly) what I want to see in terms of gameplay !!!
Well, I would also add all the same not 1 but as many as 2 levels of difficulty, because if Doom 4 has replayability (and I really count on this - Karamak himself said like "Doom 4 is a game about shooting monsters" !!!)
I WILL CONTINUE:
Difficulty level 5 (not a nightmare), but simply super-difficult (BUT WITHOUT RESPOUNT OF MONSTERS) LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY -
- monsters are faster
- more daring, so to speak
- there are a lot of monsters - THIS TIME SO MUCH THAT YOU WON'T KILL ALL, BUT WITHOUT RESPOUNT !!!
etc. etc!!!
But the 6th level of difficulty is kokraz - "Nightmare"
- here chibe and respawn
- here chibe and crowds
- and superaggressiveness
- and other "goodies" I will
also add that after I started loading the level, the location of the monsters is determined by the computer and in a random way -
those. at each level there are roughly 100,000 positions that monsters can occupy, and every time we start loading a level, the computer randomly arranges 1019 - 2045 or 3010 monsters, distributing them EQUALLY ON THE LEVEL (i.e. it takes into account the strength, survivability of each , the location of ammunition - so that such situations do not work out like: "all the monsters crowded in one place" or "we kill 3 imps, and around the corner we are waiting for 100 revenants with their missiles ..))))" !!!
In some modern shooters - this makes the AI ​​of each "creature", so I just say - what I would like to count on !!!
Many many thousands of gameplay situations - randomly generated by a computer !!! - That's what I mean !!! Carmack is not a fool, everything I wrote above is of course just dreams of perfect gameplay, and he (Carmack) will probably get out of it due to AI or due to his original ideas. And he (Carmack) always had plenty of original and ingenious ideas !!! Of course, everything depends on him ... but still, I think that those who need to understand me correctly ...
THIS IS HOW I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE GAMEPLAY !!! Doom 4 = Meat - GAME SHOOTING MONSTERS !!!

Second -
Tax is now about graphics))))
Graphics: beautiful and realistic - you give visual realism (it has nothing to do with the gameplay - this is just a note ...) I would like to see the quality of the picture as in the film - this is Carmack (he writes the engines after all !!!) under the force, if not to say - just spit ... !!!

Third -
Chips:
1) hiding places
2) secret locations
3) secret levels
4) a beautiful and powerful weapon from which it is pleasant and interesting to shoot - so that there is no imbalance or unnecessary barrels; (Of course I'm waiting for basically all those guns that were present in part 2). I named this feature because there were too many unnecessary shit-guns in games, and in the vast majority of games !!!
5) That would return all the monsters, familiar to us in 3 and a half (including Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil) parts !!!

Fourth -
Level Design: Of course, I don't really count on similarities in design with those old Dooms, BUT, THAT Id DO DESIGN IN THE SAME STYLE, AT LEAST ... in general, I just hope so !!!

ZY This is how I would like to see Doom 4 - EVERYTHING IMHO !!!

A
Alex04444 09.11.21

I’m even scared to imagine what will happen to the poor Duma, if the formula is not changed, critics will simply stomp on it (they trampled on it already in 2004).

A
Archibalt Shpritsendrosel 09.11.21

I forgot to say about the sound)))
Fifth -
I would like to hear constant background music, similar (if possible) to the one that was in the first 2 parts or just something in the same style (you can add a couple of remixes) !!! That would be straight nostalgia and pearl !!!
ZY Of course, these are all just dreams, but after the release of the game it will be interesting to read ....))))

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Naturally, the new engine should be better than the old one, at least in terms of graphics! Otherwise, what's the use of it.

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

According to the promise of the developers, the game will be based on 5 shaders, maximum from Dx 11 ....
Although it seems to me that the game will not become a masterpiece in our time.

[
[[[RIP]]]]]] 09.11.21

Dead Maus
Actually, the engine uses openGL and not DH