3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis 09.11.21 09:40 pm

How would you like to see DooM 4? (Doom (2016))

I read the idea of ​​these chips on this http://www.3dnews.ru/software-news/chetire_obyazatelnie_fishki_dlya_doom_4/ and thought, we need to come up with a thread, and think, what would we dear doomers like to see in the game. Here is my list ...
I think that many new features need to be added to the gameplay, as well as features that were already in other good projects. This is what I think, if they were added to the game, IMHO I ask you not to judge strictly, I also look forward to your comments.
1) Implement freedom of action in the game, the game does not need some large spaces, as well as some corridors, you need a little bit of both, only at the expense of the corridors, for example, add not one corridor, but let's say three or even five paths leading us to the destination, so that there would be a choice, and more could be wandering around and looking for useful things =)
2) Add more and more complex caches to the game, as it was in Dumas, without them it sucks, Dum 3 IMHO implemented them badly, it is easy to find hiding places and there are not so many of them.
3) Although I doubt it and I’m afraid to say, I’ll still say, add some kind of RPG system, yes, you understood me correctly, I know this is Doom and there’s no need to do this, but this greatly diversifies the gameplay, for example, you have 10 guns in your arsenal (although if more is better, because there will be actions on Earth) and add some kind of upgrade as in Bioshock, only there it is primitive, there it was possible to upgrade all weapons, and then make a choice, make the BFG more powerful, or that there would be more ammunition. You can also upgrade your costume like in Dead Space, I know if it wakes you up, then in all reviews they will start writing that DooM 4 stole something from all games, but if you implement it your own way, it will look cool.
4) At the expense of the lantern, it is not necessary to make a lantern like in DooM 3, if you add a change of day and night in the game, just imagine, you play during the day, kill most demons, and night comes, and the most dangerous enemies begin to crawl out of their secluded places, you you turn on a flashlight, which, for example, can be attached to a weapon or a suit, walk along dark alleys, go down to some smelly basement (developers need to take into account our basements = DDD) and the game turns into a real Horror, as it was, for example, in Clive Barker's Jericho there in the sewers, where the lantern illuminates only a small part of the screen, it's really dumb.
5) At the expense of transport, IMHO the game does not need it, but if they add that it was not obligatory, whoever wanted it to ride.
6) Add to the game places like in Left 4 Dead in houses where you need to stay away from attack one such moment for the whole game will not spoil, just the developers need to look at the game Clive Barker's Jericho, and its decorations and locations, I think in this game the most the best painted corpses that are lying around the levels =))) Especially the martyrs, they really strain if you think that you could be in their place.
7) Graphics, IMHO, it should be beautiful in design, but not technological like CrYsis. According to the videos in Rage, the locations cause delight for steeper than in the same Fallout 3, small details are drawn, that's what is called graphics, not just technology that eats up resources , but how the world is drawn, for example Dead Space and Clive Barker's Jericho there are no high technologies, in one the corridors are very well rich in design, in the second not really drawn Hell, in DooM 3 Hell was unrealistically boring and poor in variety = (
8) Ept, we need a super fast and powerful multiplayer, IDs were the fathers of the Deathmatch mode, it's time for them to come up with new modes, provide the game with many modes, as well as add a mode like in ETQW, because the game is on the ground, and you can come up with many modes, by the way it would do mode like Left4Dead "Versus" monsters against players.
9) Add co-op to the game, which is better than driving monsters with a friend.
10) Don't let the game be localized by 1C! and don't get close to them, although they coolly translated DooM 3, but as they messed up the game with multiplayer, it was impossible to connect to the western version this time, not compatibility with mods, two, and thirdly, these stupid idiots do not localize patches when they do not on time, they come out in a month, or even two or even in general ... uh they forget about it, for example the patch for DooM 3 1.3.1. Give localization to SoftClub or Buki, they don't give their StarForce in all games to New Disk.
All IMHO waiting for your comments and objections =)
177 Comments
Sort by:
A
Archibalt Shpritsendrosel 09.11.21

"not one person left and not one came to the development team" - Does this mean anything?
John Carmack is a Lead Programmer.
Todd Hollenshead is the campaign director.
If every worker in any company would do everything as he wanted, then games ..., hey-hey, what kind of games are there - the world would be different.
And in general, enough to bear it!
An ordinary pimple in the company - NEVER DECIDES ANYTHING, but only follows orders !!

"the only person who carries heresy here is you" - Nifiga like that!

"An ordinary prick does not decide, but many such prischelyg are developing the game, and so they decide everything that will be in it." Finish school first, then talk. Damn the fatty trolls are divorced so do not get through, damn this is where you do not spit one shkolota !!
st.fox - go do your homework, otherwise mom will punish!

"John Carmack alone is a screenwriter, a programmer, a designer, and an editor ... and the privates sit on chairs, eat buns and get money?" No - there is a management of 2-3 people (that's all!), And in general - do you know that any company has a LEADER? OR IS IT FOR YOU SHOOTING?
Here the chief will say "hachu this is such a shooter", the programmers will start doing ... The scriptwriter will say "I want such a plot" - first the management will look at him, and then he will give consent. And if desired, the management can say - "this is garbage, it can be quickly remade, and over there it is - modify / improve"!

"How would you like to see DooM 4" But writing "hacha Teletubbies in Doom 4" is stupid !! Why put yourself out of the blue? And then it is necessary to write hatya "within the framework of a shooter" ie describe the shooter, otherwise all sorts of nonsense about "id won't do it, because ...", "id will most likely do everything like in Hl, because ...", "The management does not decide anything, they decide what the game will be like - ordinary programmers "- the latter is generally nonsense !!!
Hey-hey
Z.Y. Enough to breed off-topic flood, isn't it hard to JUST describe "How would you like to see DooM 4" ??? And that's it !!

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

the only person who carries heresy here is you. the order of the company is to make the game. but how to do it, the developers think, who for so many years could change the same number of times because people are not eternal .. an ordinary prick does not decide, but many such prischelyg are developing a game, and so they decide everything that will be in it.

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

"And in general, enough to bear eris!"
Heresy, is that something that does not please you?
So, look up and read: "How would you like to see DooM 4."
I understand in the topic "Information about the game" against the facts you will not trample, but here is a topic where facts fade into the background and express wishes.

"Private pryschelyga company - NEVER does not solve anything,"
That John Carmack alone is a screenwriter, a programmer, a designer, and an editor ... and the privates sit on chairs, eat buns and get money?

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

st.fox - go do your homework, otherwise mom will punish!
heh. Thank gods my lessons ended two years ago.

Why put yourself out of the blue?
first ask yourself this.

Enough to plant a floodilnu off topic,
it concerns you first of all, boy.

G
Gray_Warden 09.11.21

I also agree, the leadership remains, they will send their team on the right track

G
Gray_Warden 09.11.21

and ordinary programmers do not solve anything !!!! they just can put their ideas forward, and nothing more ...

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

I will give a life example .. if it doesn’t get it.

There is a series of sirvival horror games called silent hill,
in the silent hill game the manual is also left - konami
and after the 4th part the developers change every time (climax, double helix, vatra), and every time the game gets worse and worse. And so it was done by those "ordinary programmers" who transformed the understanding of this game as much as possible, in other words, ruined it.
and here the same thing can happen, only not the whole composition can change, but a few people or maybe more, and in some cases this may be enough.

however, each publisher, their developers, etc. their relationship so that it is simply impossible to say anything unequivocally. especially about who decides what.

T
Teftelina 09.11.21

Well, not like 3 Doom (dark)!

s
sn260591 09.11.21

the leadership remains, they will direct their team in the right direction.

But it is not a fact that in the right direction .

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

People left, people came ....
Every person who came to ID knows perfectly well what he is dealing with.
Well, in general, everyone wants everyone to like his creation and cut down more greenery on this ... especially since the Doom series is popular. Why change everything radically if everything is available .... in general, I will be brief, there is a foundation.
PS: Damn, it is not convenient to write via the phone = (This sea is steamy = (

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

Why change everything radically if everything is there
? I'm not talking about cardinality. not about that. here in silent hill origins, everything is exactly the same as in parts 1-3. at first sight. after playing it you understand that the games are completely different. so it can be with the doom. these are of course the worst fears.

A
Archibalt Shpritsendrosel 09.11.21

"And so the same" ordinary programmers "did it, who transformed the understanding of this game as much as possible, in other words, ruined it." And the 4th part will be spoiled. Hah, following your logic .... voschem interesting - will the developers (those same ordinary programmers) share with the director of the company and at least with some who also took part in the development? Or, all the same, Carmack and Toda (who else is there from the management ...? ...) will deprive ... the engine wrote Carmack ... - figs you will get ... "probably the publishers will not get anything either - ordinary pimples will go out of business ...
Grey_Warden - I agree. At least someone in their right mind was found.!

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

Archibalt Shpritsendrosel1, approx. look at games max payne 1-2 and look at max payne 3. this, the developers have changed, those same unfortunate "ordinary programmers"

G
Gray_Warden 09.11.21

Take an example of strategies ... There we mainly manage the battle of units, the construction of buildings, the upgrade ... Without our leadership, it will not work ... So here ... Programmers only perform the assigned tasks

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

not quite the correct example) look at my example with max Payne above and understand what I mean. I just want to say that I am afraid of a cardinal change in the game. I don't care about developers as individuals.

G
Gray_Warden 09.11.21

The game may change drastically ... But what if we like it all the same? Let's not be conservatives, comrades :)

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

The game will certainly not change dramatically. (In Doom's understanding)
Because Doom is a very popular series ... Why try to make a bull out of a cash cow?
PS: These are purely my guesses and opinions. Although the above is also a "guess-opinion".
I hope that Carmack is not only a genius programmer, but also an intelligent person ..... Let's see what happens =)

m
mynameisfoxy 09.11.21

Dead Maus
In Doom's understanding, it is clear that the stump will not change, but in general the atmosphere may still be not the same. although these are only my worst fears, I don't think dum will be allowed to be so fucked up

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Here I am about the same. It’s not the Herods who are sitting there =)
Oh, soon it’s already a kveikon. Incidentally, there may have appeared from the news? It's just that I'm sitting on my phone now and I can't do anything like that = (

[
[[[RIP]]]]]] 09.11.21

Everything seems to be quiet ... bye