3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis 09.11.21 09:40 pm

How would you like to see DooM 4? (Doom (2016))

I read the idea of ​​these chips on this http://www.3dnews.ru/software-news/chetire_obyazatelnie_fishki_dlya_doom_4/ and thought, we need to come up with a thread, and think, what would we dear doomers like to see in the game. Here is my list ...
I think that many new features need to be added to the gameplay, as well as features that were already in other good projects. This is what I think, if they were added to the game, IMHO I ask you not to judge strictly, I also look forward to your comments.
1) Implement freedom of action in the game, the game does not need some large spaces, as well as some corridors, you need a little bit of both, only at the expense of the corridors, for example, add not one corridor, but let's say three or even five paths leading us to the destination, so that there would be a choice, and more could be wandering around and looking for useful things =)
2) Add more and more complex caches to the game, as it was in Dumas, without them it sucks, Dum 3 IMHO implemented them badly, it is easy to find hiding places and there are not so many of them.
3) Although I doubt it and I’m afraid to say, I’ll still say, add some kind of RPG system, yes, you understood me correctly, I know this is Doom and there’s no need to do this, but this greatly diversifies the gameplay, for example, you have 10 guns in your arsenal (although if more is better, because there will be actions on Earth) and add some kind of upgrade as in Bioshock, only there it is primitive, there it was possible to upgrade all weapons, and then make a choice, make the BFG more powerful, or that there would be more ammunition. You can also upgrade your costume like in Dead Space, I know if it wakes you up, then in all reviews they will start writing that DooM 4 stole something from all games, but if you implement it your own way, it will look cool.
4) At the expense of the lantern, it is not necessary to make a lantern like in DooM 3, if you add a change of day and night in the game, just imagine, you play during the day, kill most demons, and night comes, and the most dangerous enemies begin to crawl out of their secluded places, you you turn on a flashlight, which, for example, can be attached to a weapon or a suit, walk along dark alleys, go down to some smelly basement (developers need to take into account our basements = DDD) and the game turns into a real Horror, as it was, for example, in Clive Barker's Jericho there in the sewers, where the lantern illuminates only a small part of the screen, it's really dumb.
5) At the expense of transport, IMHO the game does not need it, but if they add that it was not obligatory, whoever wanted it to ride.
6) Add to the game places like in Left 4 Dead in houses where you need to stay away from attack one such moment for the whole game will not spoil, just the developers need to look at the game Clive Barker's Jericho, and its decorations and locations, I think in this game the most the best painted corpses that are lying around the levels =))) Especially the martyrs, they really strain if you think that you could be in their place.
7) Graphics, IMHO, it should be beautiful in design, but not technological like CrYsis. According to the videos in Rage, the locations cause delight for steeper than in the same Fallout 3, small details are drawn, that's what is called graphics, not just technology that eats up resources , but how the world is drawn, for example Dead Space and Clive Barker's Jericho there are no high technologies, in one the corridors are very well rich in design, in the second not really drawn Hell, in DooM 3 Hell was unrealistically boring and poor in variety = (
8) Ept, we need a super fast and powerful multiplayer, IDs were the fathers of the Deathmatch mode, it's time for them to come up with new modes, provide the game with many modes, as well as add a mode like in ETQW, because the game is on the ground, and you can come up with many modes, by the way it would do mode like Left4Dead "Versus" monsters against players.
9) Add co-op to the game, which is better than driving monsters with a friend.
10) Don't let the game be localized by 1C! and don't get close to them, although they coolly translated DooM 3, but as they messed up the game with multiplayer, it was impossible to connect to the western version this time, not compatibility with mods, two, and thirdly, these stupid idiots do not localize patches when they do not on time, they come out in a month, or even two or even in general ... uh they forget about it, for example the patch for DooM 3 1.3.1. Give localization to SoftClub or Buki, they don't give their StarForce in all games to New Disk.
All IMHO waiting for your comments and objections =)
177 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Which one to play. If only I could see the development screen. A couple of models .....

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

Yes, that's right too!
There is simply nothing more to play !!! There are few good games now, so I went through all the good ones. Of the new ones, I'm only waiting for this Doom 4.

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

There are many =)
Dead Space
Alya Doom =)

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Dead Space'u to Doom as to the sky. In DS, except that the plot is catchy.

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

What game is this DS like? It seems to me that he does not look like Doom 3

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Well, to be like Doom, he lacks darkness, horror and Hell (although the latter is hardly appropriate here). I would attribute it to Silent Hills (only with a plot), because if it were not for an intriguing plot, then I would not have played DS.

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

Exactly. I don't like games like DS, FEAR. I'm like Doom 3 or Painkiller. To make it worse, or with cool music. The main thing is to play against demons!

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Played the second FEAR. I did not understand the plot at all, it is impossible to get lost, there are NO scary places in the game (that is, it contradicts the name). I went through the levels destroying everything, everyone and everything. I regret the time devoted to the game.

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

Here I am too! I reached level 6, and then deleted

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

If you strengthen your brain and read a bunch of articles, you will see that Dead Space is a very close relative of Doom.
Many even considered it to be a kind of freewheeling continuation, or, as the bourgeois like to say, a half-brother =)
Simply, there are many similarities with the Doom 3 =)

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

I love to play scary games, and how many times I have never played a game like Doom4, except for DS. Most people want to make the games look similar, but it turns out quite the opposite! I recently went through Quake 4, I did not know why they compare it to doom, in general it does not look like doom. I learned from the interface that the creators are the same.

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Dead Maus
God forbid Doom ever sink to the level of Dead Space!
I don’t like you, but Dead Space didn’t scare me anywhere! But in the Duma, after half an hour or an hour, you cannot withstand the pressure of the walls and the atmosphere (maybe my psyche is undermined, that I see horrors only in the Duma, but this is how it is and I will defend my opinion)!
And to you, Dead Maus, with your hints of intelligence, I would advise you to pay attention to yours.
You can only compare one thing with Doom - "Boo" from around the corner, but in DS it is accompanied by music, which spoils this "Boo" (although it looks beautiful). And when you walk in the dark and you have a choice: either a flashlight or a weapon, that's when fears appear. People have long been afraid of the dark, especially if there is something in this darkness. In DS we walk as if on a lawn lit by the sun. I'm sure half of the decaying bleeding puking muzzle that appeared abruptly from the darkness right into the screen would be enough to heat up the situation in the DS. Any weapon has a built-in flashlight, but why is it then ?!
PS Don’t think that I’m writing this because I don’t like / didn’t play DS. I went through it more than once. I like the game (otherwise I wouldn't have played it). I just think that DS and Doom are different genres (well, if not different, then DS loses).

S
Slav0K 09.11.21

I totally agree with you Corrosion about Doom. I can't say anything about DS, since I haven't played. After you go through 7-8 dummies, not a single game will seem scary!

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Corrosion
Let's do it ... so you don't seem so smart. Name a couple of games that surpass Dead Space in terms of similarity to Doom 3.
Incidentally, it was not me who came up with the idea that Dead Space is similar to Doom 3. You read the articles if you know how, of course. And the fact that you got fucked up or what you did there during the passage of Doom 3 is the psyche of the PPC.
And Dead Space doesn't have to be very scary. That's the dullness of the game!

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

Dead Maus
So the fact of the matter is that since he SHOULD NOT BE SCARY, what comparison can there be with Doom ?! In the Duma, the emphasis is on horror, in the DS - on the plot.
Vaughn, go ahead to compare him with Silent Hilami. And those who talk about playing DS in broad daylight compare it to Doom. Or the opponents of Duma himself.
And so that you do not pose as a wise guy, then give a link to the very article where DC is compared with Doom, and do not point out the disadvantages of one game in favor of the other.

"You read the articles if you know how, of course."
Go to the DSA forum and rub in there that DS is better or equal, what are you trying to achieve there.
And before you reproach someone, learn to look after yourself first. Inadequate.

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

Well, since you started the topic about the fact that doom is a hellish horror with an emphasis on darkness, then, firstly, doom is more action than the same horror, darkness in doom scares, but no more than the same sounds in DS. As far as I remember, the most terrible location in the Duma is hell, and there, as we know, there is no crown at all, it is the sounds that are scary there (childish and female moans and crying ...) Still the victims of a hellish maniac hanging upside down ... More I wonder how you get scared of the ghouls crawling out of the dark if they all are enveloped in fire before spawn and thus it becomes clear where they will come from? .. Secondly, where did you get the idea that if the game is not dark enough, then there is nothing to be afraid of ... In the Duma, the space station is on Mars, that is, on some kind of but still soil ...it's just that in the Duma, monsters hate lighting so much that they have already twisted all the bulbs and lighting elements, because everything else (including the same doors and mechanisms controlled by the same electricity) works without any problems ... ds station in space, respectively, at least there is emergency power, there is also light, and there is something to scare in ds already ... 1. Space presses. 2. Monsters are smart and vicious. (I’m not talking about hard), then you feel a lack of cartridges from the first minutes until the end of the game, and when there are no cartridges, but there are a lot of monsters, does it not scare you? you are not ready for this) and chop off your head in one fell swoop, or chop in half (such an unexpected little one left with dry pants).Well, and lastly, I wanted to add that ds is a successful attempt by developers to move away from the banal intimidation of people with dark corners, and to make the game frightening with its atmosphere, a sense of hopelessness of the main hero, cleverly made monsters, battle animation, sounds ... Of the minuses I found only that the game was stupidly rolled from console to computer (with console curve control) and the review requires getting used to. I hope for the adaptation of DS for cinema and for something that will not be adjusted as in the so-called "film" dum. PS nevertheless, I still remain a fan of the doom series , I know that it is this game to set the standard for space fighters ... I just boldly notice the disadvantages of this game and do not run to smear everything that is not a doom but looks like it. And dear people, first play ds, and then shout that this is a fake and so on and so on ...otherwise, from such enlightened people as you, others will develop bad and false ideas about this game.
Inadequate.
Yes, I'm inadequate .. yyyyy

C
Corrosion 09.11.21

"if all of them are enveloped in fire before spawn and thus it becomes clear where they will climb from?"
Well, and if we take the traditional Duma method "Revenge for the first aid kit"? Where you approach, the lid falls and the creature crawls out from behind. At the same time, without any musical accompaniment. And in DS, despite the quiet movement of the monster, you will know about his approach.

"Firstly, in ds, the sound and graphic effects are much more convincing (time with technologies does not stand still)"
I agree with this, they have a difference of 4 years. If a person now sits down to play Doom3, then the game is unlikely to make such an impression on him as it did in 2004.

"1. The cosmos crushes. 2. The monsters are smart and spiteful to the point."
Well, in the Duma, walls are similarly crushed. And monsters in DS sometimes after a sortie ponder what happened a little more, which makes it possible to shoot with a cutter on the legs.

"3.If you play in the normal mode (I can't say anything about hard), then you feel a lack of cartridges from the first minutes until the end of the game, and when there are no cartridges, but there are plenty of monsters, isn't it scary?"
Yes, I experienced it on severe difficulty, but it scares me to go through the same thing more likely due to frequent death.

"4. Unlike doom in ds, a monster can fall on top of you (as always when you're not ready for this) and chop off your head in one fell swoop, or cut you in half (such an unexpected little one left with dry pants)."
The scripted scenes there, of course, are at their best. But remember the first level of Delta laboratories, where they scare you with the absence of monsters. Before that, they climbed from everywhere, and there they scratch behind the walls. Even when the light goes out, no one appears and panic begins because of this very expectation.

"And finally, I wanted to add that ds is a successful attempt by developers to move away from the banal intimidation of people with dark corners, and to make the game frightening with its atmosphere, a sense of hopelessness of the main hero, cleverly made monsters, combat animation, sounds ..."
Well, the game hooked me with the plot. Naturally, after 12 chapters after you realize that all efforts are in vain and Nicole cannot be saved, then this is impressive! You begin to sympathize with the main character (after all, what's the point then to fight further and for what?). So that's why I don't refer the game to horror, but rather to another genre (mysticism, or something).

"And dear people, first game of x, and then shout that this is fake and so and so ..."
He passed the game a few times and I like the game, I just think that it compare with Doom is not correct.

D
Dead maus 09.11.21

I played the game several times and I like the game, I just think that it is not correct to compare it with Doom.
Well, about comparing, I have a different opinion.
It's just that I found in the game for myself many reasons why you can draw a parallel between these games. Let Dead Space and not a stupid twin knurled from a disc ala Prey. But that's the whole point to find similarities in those moments of the game where it seemed there was none at all.

L
Loki DS 09.11.21

Kulnaya probably a game, would come out as soon as possible!

P
Pai cheng-tien 09.11.21

They want to release it on Sonya, I don't think it's worth raising the excitement around this console.