3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dok77 12.11.21 07:22 pm

Your favorite weapon (Fallout 4)

Who is running with what weapon?

Now I'm thinking where to throw the glasses - carbines, automatic, pistols. I play via VPBX, with improved luck and dexterity. My main weapon is now a 24lvl pistol. Now the damage is not enough, I'm looking for a better thread. I haven't found the best for myself yet, but I'm looking for it. In other topics, the boys praise the Guardian of the caretaker.
I like the middle distance better.

By the way, I'm interested in the complexity - survival, without any mods that make the game easier, only hardcore)))

127 Comments
Sort by:
M
Morfine 12.11.21

My favorite weapon at the moment is the Cryolator, with a nozzle that shoots balls)

G
GrazY_PitoN 12.11.21

People please check the property lay down "Happy" "Doubling crit damage, increased crit set by 15%." In general, I tested it and it turned out that it DOES NOT DOUBLE the critical damage. Check it out, is it a bug or is it for everyone?

d
dadadadad 12.11.21

Abbat76
Probably right, but I would not say that it is pop, my lvl is not high, and there are a few cool fluff (there is a thompson, castati, really at medium distances, tin), with the appropriate perks in ninja mode, I cleaned whole territories with this snip, fell all except legendaries. In general, it was a pleasure to camp with her :) This shotgun is generally for ghouls I carry, because ghouls are everywhere, and I have to save cartridges for every occasion. Guli in porridge from him, any :))
As for the claws of death, I have this

R
Rabinovich Izya 12.11.21

Combat carbine for .308 with all modifications, medium optical sight + DTK.

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

dadadadad
Sorry, but the Ashbringer on Survival vs Deathclaw difficulty is ineffective. And if you meet the Savage Deathclaw (not even legendary!), Then the Ashbringer will not have time to fire all the cartridges, as you will die. I have an Ashbringer with a full upgrade of heavy weapons + Bobblehead for heavy weapons = 21 damage from a cartridge + 15 from fire. Even so, Ashbringer is only good for unarmored enemies. I love this barrel very much, I still have 7400+ rounds left for it, but it is ineffective on high-speed in half the cases.
The Ashbringer does almost nothing to the Swamp Womb, and she burns out the GG with poison for 3 spits at level 68.

R
RB_XAH 12.11.21

Abbat76
In the game, in general, heavy weapons other than explosive, are simply useless, if you feel a huge difference in damage when pumping the corresponding perks for a fat man or RPG, then with a minigun and a gatling it is not at all, enemies are taken apart longer than some pistols in games, in short, they are only useful in the beginning of the game, although in previous games they were relevant until the end of the game.

R
Richards 12.11.21

Vychuchol
They come up with genres of pancake, they don't come up with anything out of what)))

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

RB_XAH I
do not agree at all. On Survival, the fully updated Gatling Laser deals 132 damage per beam. This is a lot, considering that in VPBX it fires 10 beams for a volley and 3-4 volleys for all APs. let's count: 132x10x3 = 3960 damage on Survival difficulty for a full AP consumption. Only two opponents withstand this volley: Swamp Womb and Legendary Robot Guard Mark 2. No one else is capable.
The example suggests that the most lethal weapon in the game is still a heavy, NOT EXPLOSIVE aiming weapon.
I don't even want to talk about the modification of Fat Man into cluster nuclear bombing. This weapon is only for special occasions for shooting from high ground in open areas. The cluster charge does not fly far (medium distance) and in the air disintegrates into a series of nuclear bombs, which, upon landing, detonate almost simultaneously. God forbid you shoot too far! Evaporates directly inside the X-1.

R
R3dF0x 12.11.21

Toka hardcore, a current combat knife with a double damage affix on targets with full health. Alkoninji (the build is played exclusively through VATS) is no longer needed, like on the "Survival" difficulty, no one was caught who survived one blow (including legendary claws, robots, paladins of the brotherhood of steel, etc.). For och long-range sniping (knock down the searchlight or clean the entrance from an open place) - a gauss with 200+ damage (found, because the craft of firearms and energy weapons did not swing).

R
Roman Pivovarov 12.11.21

Press and pray, PP with an explosion =)

R
RB_XAH 12.11.21

Abbat76
I agree with the gatling, but it is the minigun that has a very low damage of 28 units. which makes it ineffective, by the way, what kind of damage do you have on the minigun, I just couldn't squeeze out more with all the perks on the weapon, you can certainly increase it with the help of psycho, but that doesn't count. By the way, Fat Man, as I said, is a really lethal thing, just a monster with damage without cassette tape about 2000+, so I don’t regret that I took the fat man perks, but the minigun really disappoints me, I just always played in all parts for a character with power armor and machine gun)))

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

RB_XAH
On an incinerator with a full upgrade of heavy weapons and on a 3-barreled modification = 21 damage + 15 from fire. I don't know how you can take 28 damage.

By the way, I tried to play on accelerated modification - accuracy is not good at all, even with VOS = 10 and McCready's bonus + 20% chance to hit the head - it smears some of the bullets at close range. And although the DPS on such a modification is twice as high as that of a three-barreled one, the actual damage to the enemy is significantly less, with a greater consumption of ammunition.

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

R3dF0x
gauss with half skill level and full upgrade - already produces 352 damage without chemistry. (I suspect that with full leveling + chemistry it will be possible to surpass 500 units.) However, this is not enough to kill most opponents on the spot at high levels. Damage 352 In Survival, I have to hit the head 2-6 times for some haunted opponents. This means that the full cost of AP is not enough to kill an ordinary Savage Deathclaw. Likewise, an ordinary security robot can withstand 4 shots in a VPBX from such a Gauss. So this is my Gauss, not only with the maximum upgrade, but also with an affix of -25% OD in VPBX and + 25% chance of getting into VPBX. I always hit the head at any distance (+ bonus from a stealth attack), but this is not enough.
For me, the information that in Survival with the help of an ordinary knife you do such damage is amazing, which exceeds 1300-1500 units, and allows you to slaughter such powerful enemies as the Deathclaw with this shtryok.
I would still be able to understand if it was about the legendary version of Shish-Kebab, or about Krembwa's Knife - he really has very high damage, as for melee weapons. But the banal Combat Knife, albeit with a legendary modification, is somehow ... not credible.

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
Press and pray a great AOE machine gun, but only at the initial / intermediate levels of the game. and then his damage is simply not enough. At level 60-70, you can meet ordinary ghouls in locations just as often as the maximally strengthened Swollen Glowing Ghouls (this is not even legendary), in which you need to make about 1500-2000 damage before it dies. and the resists of these ghouls are already in the region of 200 bullets / energy and 1000 to radiation (watched with the help of a perk).
I want to say that at high levels of the game, only those weapons that can deal huge damage with each shot become effective, so large that they can overcome very large resists of leveled mobs.

The trick is that even at 60+ levels, the GG meets leveled mobs in half of the cases or less often. all the rest are lagging behind in levels. I have not been able to identify addiction and chance.

R
Roman Pivovarov 12.11.21

Abbat76
I'm still 30+ for me to run with Press and Pray and .44

U
Ujin Fix 12.11.21

I’m reading the branch and go nuts ... I myself can barely advance through the game, but here ... =)

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

Roman Pivovarov
Certainly. The game limits the capabilities of GM engineers by the fact that the top perks for modifying weapons and armor can be taken only after reaching fairly high levels. completely modifying plasma weapons (for example) at level 30 will not work. you need to pump a little more.

So yes, you are using the best possible weapon for your level. well, or almost the best.

R
R3dF0x 12.11.21

Abbat76
Let's dispel doubts by theorycraft (in my case - by practice):
Let's take a look at how it works in principle. We take weapon damage as the base. I will say right away, in theory, it is most logical to take a weapon with the maximum damage (it will also be with the maximum consumption of OD per hit) - i.e. for example a super hammer. In practice, it is more profitable to take a weapon with a lower AP consumption, because the damage is enough for the eyes, it becomes more important to be able to hit a larger number of targets until the AP scale ends - i.e. my choice fell on knives. I played the first half of the game with a switchblade with the Lightning fast affix (decrease in OD consumption by 25%). Next, we multiply the base damage of the weapon by the indicator of strength (which determines the parameter of damage in melee), each unit of strength is + 10% damage in melee (without whiskey I have strength 14, it consists of: 10 base +1 bobblehead + 2 for a barbarian costume +1 from a piece of armor with the +1 affix to strength) from whiskey (and the build is called Alconinja),
Perk Blitz solves two problems 1) the problem of moving to the target 2) increasing damage - you can read in the description that with a full swing of the Blitz, the further the target is, the higher the damage will be - I personally do not know the coefficient (in fact, this is a teleport to the target, by the way, the perk is buggy, due to elevation differences and some obstacles it does not work, i.e. you cannot target a target in VATS if you are on the roof and the target is on the ground, there are also positive perk glitches, you can teleport to a closed room through a small hole in wall where it is clearly impossible to crawl through), rocked stealth and any one piece of armor with the Optical affix (free stealth battle, yeah) solve any remaining problems at all (if they still remain) ... only a lot of alcohol in the wastelands ... The build is flexible enough,you can take the tree-man perks, Death on the fly, Critical banker to increase both the damage and the character's stamina (stamina is not so necessary, because stealth), I also took the Lonely Wanderer and he increases the damage and the mass of the carried cargo, in addition, partners with stealth only interfere - constantly climb where it is not necessary.
ZY Maybe I exaggerated, of course, but opponents are able to survive one blow from stealth (namely a blow and not a series before the OD scale ends) can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand ...
ZZY. I finished the plot - at level 60 ... the game seems to be over, without the main storyline, there is simply no motivation to play ... During the game, cheats, trainers, console commands and so on, I did not use the side software. Used the Savant perk with an intelligence of 1, saved and passed the quest until the perk procs, we can probably consider this as exploit use ...
ZZZY. The gameplay is not mine, but the mechanics of what is happening and the essence is absolutely the same.
Spoiler

A
Abbat76 12.11.21

R3dF0x
Thank you very informative answer.

L
Lavuer 12.11.21

I will not argue with the brothers above, just write about my trunks (I play at medium difficulty, the challenge is not so important for me):
1. Savior 10-mm. For all kinds of small fry, such as insects and slender ghouls.
2. Snipe. .308 carbine. For enemies of average armor - riders, ordinary super mutants.
3. Plasma, converted for a sniper. For well-fed animals - the leaders of super mutants, the claws of death, yao-gai.
And so, all the obtained unique cannons are gathering dust in my chest as unnecessary on medium difficulty. These three are quite enough. I liked the gauss rifle (at the huckster's minuteman after capturing the fort), but it is painfully inconvenient to handle, plasma is much more effective. I got it up to 84 lvl, there is no desire to replay on survival yet.