3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Overclocking: all about overclocking processors v.5

In this thread we are discussing overclocking processors.

Before asking "how to overclock", I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the materials provided at the following link.

Matchast for a beginner overclocking
On the benefits of overclocking. Part one, theoretical
On the benefits of overclocking. Part two R11; overclocking the processor and RAM

BIOS settings reference

Overclocking Core i7-3770K: learning to make compromises

Previous topic here
213 Comments
Sort by:
D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
8 - gig modules that run up to 2400. Small but significant clarification.

There is another option: go to the largest hardware store to which you can drive and ask to show you all 8-gig modules available, which are ref, without a radiator. Accordingly, there are bare chips, everything is visible.
SpoylerPrioritet approximately the following:
Hynix MFR
Micron D9QBJ
Samsung D (4Gbit)
Hynix AFR
Samsung Q
Samsung B
Hynix BFR (4Gbit)
Everything else hardly pull 2400.

More here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?285767- DDR3-IC-thread

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Advise:
http://catalog.onliner.by/dram/hynix/hmt41gu6mfr8cpb/
What markings? And is it stuffed on the bar itself?
Is it worth overpaying for this?
http://catalog.onliner.by/dram/kingston/hx324c11t3k216

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
catalog.onliner.by/dram/hynix/hmt41gu6mfr8cpb/ the
picture is bad, but the chips are definitely hynix.
Is it worth overpaying for this?
catalog.onliner.by/dram/kingston/hx324c11t3k216
Judging by the characteristic timings like n-n + 2-n + 3, this is BFR. Let's just say I wouldn't overpay for them. In general, I would only overpay for MFR.

What markings? And is it stuffed on the bar itself?
Chip marking. Open the link under the spoiler in the post above, there are pictures there.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Tomorrow I will ask for marking

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
catalog.onliner.by/dram/hynix/hmt41gu6mfr8cpb/
There MFR, by name. I'd rather take this one, it's a pity that without a radiator

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Radiators can be bought for $ 5 per rail, or screwed from old memory.
And then, not to say that they are especially badly needed.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Will not overheat from 2400 MHz? All the same, the question is tormenting, from 1333 to 1866 which is now standing, the good heats the processor so much, at 5 degrees, wouldn't it send 2400 to trolling?

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

should not

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Thanks, I guess I'll do it, I'll take hynix without bells and whistles, but I will overclock well!

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

The point of mfr is that it picks up high frequencies at low voltages.
+ accordingly, sa should be put on the hands with your hands

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Well, roughly Hynix MFR should take 2400 at 1.65 and 12-13-12-30 1T

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
12-13-12 will not work most likely
11-13-12 or 12-13-13

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul Xs
, read the comments, goes, well, I'll buy it in 7 days in short and unsubscribe what happened!

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Another question for general development, and up to 3000 MHz - 3200 MHz MFR drive?

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
For general development, I gave you a link to XS above, there is the most detailed and complete info on DDR3 memory chips.
All memory modules (even 4-gig ones) with the declared frequency of 2933 and higher are made on MFR. So yes, it will overclock.
In general, most of the BFR / CFR / MFR hynix chips make 3Ghz +. My average lousy ripjavs 2133c9 on CFR took 3200. They would have taken more, but my IMC did not go further.
But it's not a fact that those modules that you are going to take will squeeze out so much.
There are 2 nuances here, good and not very:
The good news is that the modules themselves, like the chips, were made by hinics. And hinix does not make fast memory (I mean fashionable modules with beautiful heatsinks and over9k frequencies). This, in turn, means that they are not engaged in selection, and the chance that such modules will have successful chips is approximately equal to their percentage in the total sample. (other manufacturers beat chips and use those that are better for modules with a higher frequency)
And the bad thing is that the printed circuit board is garbage, so the modules will not respond to an increase in voltage for a long time. But this is not very scary, since the MFR operates at fairly low voltages.
In the narrowness, the spout is needed mainly to lower the timings, and not to take higher frequencies.

D
DozoRRR 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
At 4770k, after 2400Ghz, the profit is already being added drop by drop, and it’s not worth it, especially in games, even on the built-in FPS almost does not rise after 2400.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

DozoRRR
It depends on what frequency the anchor is)

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Well, I decided to take a simple hynix on MFR (8 + 8) and run it to 2400, as written by Hynix DDR3 PC3-12800 8GB (HMT41GU6MFR8C-PB) MFR marking, but in the store I'll look myself again to make sure that the end of the chip should be written MFR (sort of like that).
But it's not a fact that those modules that you are going to take will squeeze out so much.
I don't need that much, 2400 is enough.
And another question, does 4-channel memory work wonders at 3000 MHz?
DozoRRR
Yes, I know, it was just interesting, I will not drive above 2400.

D
DartMaul 21.11.21

Vinni-Pukh
4 channel memory at 3000 MHz works wonders?
I have no idea, in 4 channel my request cannot exceed 2850. I did 3200 on 1 bar.

V
Vinni-Pukh 21.11.21

DartMaul
Well at 2850 works wonders?
in 4 channel my request cannot exceed 2850.
Well, if, for example, you bought 4 strips of 3200 each with a profile, might it just not start?