3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_FIL_ 25.11.21 12:20 am

Gothic 3 vs Gothic 2 (Gothic 3)

I just thought the second would be cooler, especially for its time (to be politically correct I will add that IMHO)))). The plot is not so linear there.
And in general, where did the inscriptions on the graves go, like "I lay down to rest a little ...". Yes, yes, I liked to read them)))
162 Comments
Sort by:
N
NeoStаlker 25.11.21

"Which side to break the egg from?" "Which is better - an apple or a pear?"

A
Alllexxxxx 25.11.21

You cannot compare them, in their own way, Gothic 2 and Gothic 3 are good. Gothic 2 is beautiful because you live in this world, you live in real life. And Gothic 3 is good because there is freedom. But best of all in my opinion is Gothic, the first part. This is really a masterpiece !!! (This is my personal opinion)

V
Vaselinski 25.11.21

Yes, here's the first, you're right, but if you compare 2 and 3, then I'm more inclined to the third.

_
_FIL_ 25.11.21

By the way, I ran around the whole city, the first Gothic is nowhere to be found. It's a pity.

R
Rghti 25.11.21

Definitely SECOND !!!

G
Got-23 25.11.21

Gothic is like a book for me, there is no point in reading the third chapter without reading the second and first. They are one and the same good. Although there may be certain preferences, for example I like the first Goth the most.

W
WarGot47 25.11.21

Yes, it remains with nastalgia to remember how back in 2002 I went through 1 Gothic. Nothing touched me so much, neither before nor after ...

G
Gothic forever 25.11.21

I am also for the second Gotha !!!

V
Very Very Low 25.11.21

Well, 2 goths are somehow more lively! But 3 did not disappoint me! I'm over 4

S
Scorpi0n 25.11.21

People, IMHO a good spoon for dinner.
The first one I passed both lengthwise and across. I know, if not all, then many secret places, codes from chests and so on.
But to play it after the 2nd is not rushing already.
I went through the second several times in a pirate, English. version, then in the license. Then the night of the crow came out.
In my opinion, If 3 was more like Raven's night it would just wow!
Yarkendar is very nicely made. It is immediately clear that it was made later than Khorinis.
Gothic 3 is different. But it's still cool.
If they left the importance of armor, as in the night of the Crow, doors and stairs, as well as at least the ability to pump all the inherent skills, it would be even better.
In any case, until there is a desire to go through parts 1 and 2.

W
WarGot47 25.11.21

"People, IMHO a good spoon for dinner"
E-mine! Well, of course, it means the coolness of the game by the time it came out!
What core to play in 1 Gothic after the second, and even more so now, when it's already 2007.

M
Melhi 25.11.21

THE SECOND RAPES ALL (sorry for the caps). I have Gothic 3 with almost no brakes, but I don't like it on the points:
1) The plot (main quest)
2) Wild boars
3) Poorly optimized.
4) The combat system is not worth being praised.
5) Physics-Uzhos. etc.

R
RаzоR 25.11.21

Yeah .... There is no combat system finally))) More precisely, it is realizma ... To block the blows of a sword, or even an ax, with a club ... And successfully. Hmm.

By the way, right now, I'm playing the first Gotu. Glad to snot))) I
also downloaded the second one. Goodbye!)))

It's a pity, really sho all are localized ...

A
Astropolyacia 25.11.21

About 2 weeks ago, Gotu 1 was completely delighted, played on the full schedule (sales with today's DOOM3 and Gothic 3 are quite tolerable, + at a range of 300 the game looks completely different), and when it just came out I remember playing at the minimum settings.
Progress is his mother's leg :)

P
Presedent gantz 25.11.21

I went through G1 - 1 time
G2 - 8 times.
G3 - 4 times.
G3 is no longer gothic * (IMHO!). The atmosphere of cruel time disappears in a couple of minutes, when you reach somewhere to the Montera, where the slave, instead of working and getting kicks from the mercenaries, is enthusiastically talking to the orc! Go wherever you want and do whatever you want, answer all questions "beat me!" and everything is in openwork again. You are MORRA! You are either a SLAVE or a Mercenary! Orcs are weaklings, probably weakened when they learned Myrthan. Their weapons are too expensive (especially a broken one, it should cost 2 times less than a whole one), so there will always be enough money, except at the very beginning. It is no longer necessary to kill every monster, they do not give more than 500 experience for them, and for people too.
In general, the orcs should be angrier, dumber and much more tenacious of the heroes of 1-20 level. The second is really EVERYONE RVET (and the caps have nothing to do with it). About the first I can only say that I want more, but the voice acting and the old force enrages. By the way, who was the thread that put on the heart of a stone golem that requires 500 mana?

N
Nekrohrenaten 25.11.21

Duc kaneshna G2 + addon tears G3 ... found what to compare pancake)

f
ful_lenin 25.11.21

And I went through all Gothic once (not counting that I started playing the second 2 times). First: due to lack of time; 2f: due to lack of strong desire. I will compare these 2 parts for myself. According to the schedule - it is impossible (although the third is still better for its time than the second for its own). As for the plot, I liked the 2nd much more (in the third, as it seemed, they decided to take the quantity, not the quality, for myself the standard of quantity / quality I consider morovind). The atmosphere in the 3rd did not like it at all! And this is the main thing for me, and more on this in more detail: It doesn't feel like you really develop (grow) in the course of the game. I explain: When in the second you leave the tower of Xardas, the first sickly robber who comes across wants to pile on you and, I must give it his due, he does it wonderfully, and in the end - you fight dragons and everyone looks at you as a CHOSE. What we see in the third: from the very beginning of the game, stacks of orcs (I played the most difficult one) and, under certain conditions, bring down the troll without much difficulty. Just today I went through Gothic (I recently started playing)) - it pissed me off the most - I was already running to the teleport with magic at the ready with Xardas (2 defeated queen of the magician !!!) and after me some goof rebel shouts "Quickly remove the magic" like this in a voice like I'm a petty annoying mosquito. I imagine that it should be like this: everyone groans, gasps, pokes a finger and says "Duc is the chosen one with a great magician" and be afraid of mlyn .... In general, I recall the moment in the movie "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" at the hobbit, where Shire and Bilbo Baggins ... This is what the reaction should be on the great! This is still a role-playing game (the standard of the atmosphere - Fallout is the only game (and ... another half 1), which has been played more than once, and 9-10 times))) When will they start making games, when you start with someone - they send you and do not want to talk, and then you become almost God and bow down before you (only the same Fallout comes to mind, dated by the way back in the 90s). I believe that all the greatness of Fall is precisely in this. Maybe someone else will remember what thread I play besides Fall? I remember my feeling after passing this legendary game: "And I did it all ... A simple savage who at first was afraid of rats and looked at the leader of the Enclave as God, when he shot a family of peasants in the desert and told me" go away while you can get away with your feet, "and in the end those who killed him! For me this is the beauty of role-playing games ...
Ps Sorry for getting out of the topic))

M
MickM 25.11.21

Agree. There should be an incentive to develop (that's what RPGs are for). And if everything is simple and no one cares about the result, then this is not good. What to play for? Where is the fear, respect and admiration of the NPC finally in relation to the rocked GG? And bragging about the hundredth level on the forum is bespontoo ...

Fallout 1 and 2 are generally cult games, you can't compare them with them. Although the "Dungeonsmen" are a little closer to my ideal RPG.

Actually, I am for G2 + HB.

C
Chumak-06 25.11.21

And I am for the first, the atmosphere there is cool ... You
leave with all your soul ...

v
von Bok 25.11.21

Personally, after going through G3, I felt the same when I played Heroes 4 after the third version. All the basic laws of Gothic were betrayed!
Orcs in terms of combat power are similar to a pitiful orc Volkssturm, but creatures such as wild boars who roll the hero in the mud, rippers and other monsters are too strong.
There is no realism in the game. Where have you seen that the hero single-handedly cleared entire cities or camps? Imagine if in G2 + NV Garond asked to lift the siege from the fortress. The orcs there are so strong and strong and numerous that it somehow does not roll to destroy them by rush. And in the third, you take the sword and by clicking on the LMB you can kill everyone! In addition, during the battle with a bunch of orcs, they all wait patiently until you deal with the one with whom you are fighting at the moment. Well, in G2? They will fly in and after 5 seconds you are swearing to load the saved game.
Experience in G3 is given in an incredible amount, even for trivial tasks, such as bringing barrels of milk.
Idiotic armor system, lack of chapters in the game (for me one of the most serious flaws).
In addition, the plot pumped up. I don’t understand what could happen in Gothic 4 if the divine power left Myrtana and other lands? The developers kind of put an end to their work. As a result, I don't think we will see Gothic 4. It's a pity ...
As a result, the best version of Gothic - Gothic 2 und die Nacht des Raben, is unambiguous.