3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_FIL_ 25.11.21 12:20 am

Gothic 3 vs Gothic 2 (Gothic 3)

I just thought the second would be cooler, especially for its time (to be politically correct I will add that IMHO)))). The plot is not so linear there.
And in general, where did the inscriptions on the graves go, like "I lay down to rest a little ...". Yes, yes, I liked to read them)))
162 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dats 25.11.21

For me, the best is Gothic 2 "Night of the Crow" - this was my first RPG, I remember a friend brought it to me, I still had it for a week, then I just installed it for fun ... and played for a week without stopping, a wonderful, unpredictable plot , powerful sound design and a lot of pleasure, it is especially pleasant to run in Minental in the mail of Raven's guard and with Beliar's claw and cut out all the orcs and animals, you feel such satisfaction and joy ... for the mercenary. Then comes the first Gothic, played after the second, so there was a lot of "Ah, that's who he is - Dektser", "Yes, this is the same Torus", etc. So Gothic 2 HB, Gothic 1. I did not play the rest, unfortunately.

t
tranny really ass 25.11.21

Gothic 1-2 were with the passage of Chapters. From the first to the sixth. The plot developed smoothly from one chapter to the next. And as a result, the hero fights one on one with the dragon, the messenger of darkness, and defeats him.

Developers gave Gothic-3 the plot of the world of Morrowind - a huge world, wherever you want, you go there, what you want, then do it. No chapters, no final end - the fight against evil. Here you can play for both evil and good. And you can simultaneously carry out their tasks. There is a basis for the plot, but you can not go through it, again reminds Morra. At first it is interesting to play, but then you start to get bored, because the NPCs surrounding the hero are all the same, they remind me personally of Putin. Only one got hair added, the other got less hair, the third got a mustache and beard, etc.

Even the hero's friends are like Putin. The hero's friends were scattered all over the continent, but what good did it do us? Nothing. Friends can be taken as companions, or not. I did without them at all. What happened in Gothic 1-2? They only did what they did the tasks of their friends - go, do it. You were useful to them! This is not the case here. We chatted, talked, overcame Angara in the arena and moved on.

After reading the forum, I found out that Protection (such a pirated translation in the game) = turned out to be LEE! Here are the ones on! The warlord, the right hand of the king, whom the nobles have tricked into imprisonment, lives in his own house in the north. But why is he only on his own? In Gothic 1-2, he was in charge, managing the mercenaries. Where did his mercenaries go? But why isn't he the head of the Fire Clan? All this is strange. And he takes revenge on the king - he moves with the help of a teleport to the castle, and kills the king or the king with his retinue kills him. It turns out that he made his dream come true. And that the game was over for him. That is, the game turned out to be over ... Over ... On the third Gothic ...

E
Eugine11 25.11.21

Gotha 2 Night Crow rules !!! Was it really impossible to start the third with the fact that a storm broke out, the main character was hit on the head with a mast and he forgot all his skills ?! It's not fun to start off by killing orcs like children !!! The second is smarter, more beautiful and dearer !!! Just like a woman ...

I
ION_STORM 25.11.21

Yes, the title of the topic is just a bull's-eye. When I bought myself Gothic a long time ago, from the first moments I could not tear myself away from the screen. You get so used to the atmosphere and pears that you forget about time. Lectures on programming were held behind my back, and I kept plowing through the magic barrier that was teeming with life, crowds of NPCs ready to tell you a lot of interesting things, to give you a personal task. I sat until my sleep fell. And how many of my friends abandoned other toys and became true fans of the Gothic world.
I was looking forward to the second part. And then one day, returning from work, I went into a store and saw it on the far shelf, a distant Gothic2 with localization from Akella. having bought it hurried home. And here on my screen appears a zagurzka with the magicians of the Circle of Water. The first impressions of the game were inexplicable. She looked damn good, actually it was food for me. This is really a game with a capital letter.
Well, as for who is better, of course, GOTHIC 2, part 3 compared to nothing, but the engine can be grabbed, but with the fact that it came out, it’s terribly raw resignation is impossible with that. So my choice is iron, this is the 1.2 part.
Yes, who all the same wants to play Gothic 3 and it terribly slows down, I can help with this. I riveted the time of scripts and configs for weak machines. On 512 RAM and with 128 MB on the vidyuhe runs at 15-60 fps at a resolution of 1024-768, it looks great. There is also bloom, shaders 1.4 version. texture is on average, detail of objects is high. and I went through it from start to finish in 2 weeks. Especially not rushed about additional quests. so it pulled fine on my car.
Who is interested, write to my mailbox [email protected]

e
eDzeer 25.11.21

Yes ... there was a time. I remember they brought me G2 + HB completely finished and with an excellent translation when the whole gaming world has long played enough of it. She lay around for 3 months, put it on, frowned, played for a couple of days - and truncated, I have not seen a better game since then.
G2 is simply breathtaking, mysterious and I don't even know what else. Playing it a proper count - in time you develop your own battle tactics for all the monsters, the quests are made so that you do not come off, the plot is beautiful and unique, between 1 and 40 levels there is a whole gap between a cockroach and a god ....... you can continue indefinitely ...
G3 - the tactics of combat are the same for everyone, the left mouse button is called, and why the hell are these beautiful attacks if the usual ones are more effective and faster? The atmosphere of true Gothic is completely trashed (a small outlet is Nordmar - at least some kind of joy) Quests: - what did you want? - go there kill that will be happy for you - killed ?! well done! keep the loot! The level in G3 apparently exists in order to please the player's eye, I remember 1 - 2-3 wolves tore me, I am now 47 - the same 2-3 wolves tear me with the same success, only a little longer because of the armor, and helov ...
Conclusion: for those who have not played G2, G3 will be just a cult game. My personal advice is to spit on G3 and if you really want to enjoy the world of Gothic, its spirit - put G2. + HB. And all of the above for G2NV is also applicable for G1, but the control is not for me.
Shl. Today I deleted G3 to hell, only saved the saves. I put G2NV right now, I’ll run 1 level leveled to hit the black troll. And after a couple of three weeks, you see, and the handsome ore ripper is making his own. I sit and do not rejoice looking at an old, but such a pleasant looking and without the inherent G3 stupid excesses,
ZZY graphics Here someone wrote that Night Raven upsets the balance because of Beliar's Claw - and so apparently this someone did not play HB because to pump this Claw you need to burn a lot of health, while for self-forged ones both the damage is higher and the range is longer

E
EnderE 25.11.21

Ettochna ...
I play, or rather I played Gothic 3 from the moment it was released, 7 months have passed, and still has not passed.
There are only a few quests left, there are no monsters at all. Yesterday I ran back and forth from Nordmar to Varant, finished off the last hares and meat beetles.
Why are these quests? Why are these ancestor stones? Why are these orcs ... and where are these orcs now? And the people? Go kill EVERYONE?
And bowls of fire? One is missing. Well, I'll collect 12 bowls, then what? End? The end of what?
That's it, fpestu!
Gothic 2 HB setup ... How you want to get a flash like from MiB, erase selectively the memory, take a vacation for 2 weeks, stock up on tea, coffee and dryers and again sit down in Gothic 1 or 2 ...
And what about Gothic 3? An absurd creature runs around the devastated world in search of a cup and yells at the top of its throat: "Golden cup, golden, fills with the aroma of tea!" bueee

e
eDzeer 25.11.21

G3 is one big set of beautiful absurdities, imperfections, imbalances, and a lot of other things like that. If the developers at least half fix this in the addon, then they will need to erect a monument.

G
GarryTopor 25.11.21

There will be no addon ... Piranhas have gone into oblivion ... Gothic loss will be made by new developments under the supervision of Jowood. Only a patch will come out, and the addon is nasty. Read the news, eDzeer!

N
NecromLord 25.11.21

Gothic 1 is one thing.
when I passed the Gothic 2 HB in the mine valley I was hit by a real TASTE at the sight of the old camp.

e
eDzeer 25.11.21

not up to news - I visit the internet once every 2 weeks, there is no time.

T
The last shooter 25.11.21

Gothic-2 is still in the first place. Gothic-3 did not shock. Yes, a new world, yes, new locations, ... but - there is no completeness, there is practically no plot that was in Gothic-2, with its 6 chapters. Gothic-3 resembles like 2 peas in the big world of Morrowind, apparently, the developers were so much impressed by Morrowind in their time that they decided to repeat it in their new development. And they went nuts.

N
NecromLord 25.11.21

Nope, Gothic 3 also has an atmosphere. It is badly felt because it has fled all over this vast world.:)

D
DeNy ZiGel 25.11.21

The first gothic is the best ...

a
absurdus elementum 25.11.21

The first gothic is the best ...
+1 The first one rules definitely, a unique atmosphere ...

M
MAZILO 25.11.21

Gotha 3 is worse than the second one in that there is a huge world, it cannot be remembered in memory as I did in the second and you cannot run around 3 Goths as it will take a lot of time, which cannot be said about part 2, where I used teleports infrequently, in part 3 without them it's impossible to play, I ate to the mountains once got there, took out a teleport and vowed that I would never go there on foot.First
, they tried to kill me a hundred times, and secondly, hell you get there the first time: mountains, depressions, on the map you are almost there, but in fact, you are downstairs and nada climb into the detour up the mountain, thirdly, it will take a lot of time !!!

2 Goths taxis in front of 3, and 1 is also excellent, sorry for the Count was shittier there

S
Squizzed 25.11.21

Gotha 3 is worse than the second one in that there is a huge world, it cannot be remembered as I did in the second
Only it was not about the size of the world, but about its elaboration and excellent design - every corner was remembered and was as atmospheric as possible ... about G3.

-
-freeman- 25.11.21

When I played Gothic 2, I could not get away from the monitor, this is a really great game. The atmosphere in it is just super, not even words! And Gothic 3 ... well, what can I say ... not that. Although it is also a steering game. Here is I'm sitting playing and I'm happy :). And I also want to draw your attention to such a thing as paladin's armor. In the second Gothic they were more beautiful, shiny, you can see that they are a valiant knight. And in the third Gothic they are kind of dull, washed out like a bum, and this confuses me very much. Well, what was hard to create like in the second? parts (for those who have not played). These are really masterpieces. As for me in Gothic 2, a much better plot. The leveling of the Persian is more competently thought out. And in the second part I liked to open the chests more than in the third.Although in the third Goth the graph is better, but for me this is not the main thing, the main thing is the atmosphere of the game. And honestly, for me all the series of the Gothic game will be my favorite RPGs! Gothic forever !!!!!

K
KILLER 25.11.21

I liked the second one more !!!!!!!!!

O
Oygen 25.11.21

Tell me why in 2 parts the head of Bludwin? I dragged it around, it turned black, I thought the owner would come for it, I wanted to seal it one more time, it turned out to be a very juicy bastard.

P
Playshner 25.11.21

Tell me why in 2 parts the head of Bludwin? I dragged her around, she turned black, I thought the owner would

come for her, so he came ... but you were not there ... (you were galloping along the valley at that time ...)
he had to leave a note ... that I’m here and there ..., and my head is ... intact ..., the current began to smell slightly ...