3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MyPatrick 12.11.19 03:53 am

Ending: Discussion (Spoiler alert) (The Last of Us)

In General, do not like me and that's it. Someone might like it. The whole game we walked through the city, kanaki, forests, spent an entire year and in the end we were shown a 30 second dialogue about how Joel lied to Ellie that she has many, all. Strange dogs, but I heard it will be DLC story, maybe it will give us a clear ending.
131 Comments
Sort by:
v
vad231437 12.11.19

CrAZy_T34

The correct translation is not one and last, actually.

C
CrAZy_T34 12.11.19

vad231437у me a box with the game, never about the past and present. The latter is the literal translation, and semantic ones.

v
vad231437 12.11.19

CrAZy_T34

I you a little open secret. In Russia, the word some in the name of the game appeared only because of the size, it is shorter right last and convenient for typesetting, practically meets the international logo. So there is no semantic translation, you think he invented himself and is now trying to bring his theory. More than you think even on the localizer and turn in favor of his opinion, the word one to one. It is not good.
And the meaning is correct it last. The last of us the last of the people, the last of US (United States), there is also the option of translation. The latter, who retained the human being in a world of zombies and degraded animals who were once people. The latter in all senses.

C
CrAZy_T34 12.11.19

vad231437
So in the trailer Ellie says: will you be the last of us? Perhaps this is correct, I have no news on this game do not read, are familiar only with the trailer and the game itself. And I don't understand people, there is a discussion, i.e. everyone has their own subjective opinion, why do something like delicate and if it is different from yours or the same?

In the story there were only two interesting points, this time with Sam's murder and the wounding of Joel, the rest are already boring cinematic scenes and gameplay Lark genocide of all living and non-living. I was waiting for the real survival: the constant search for food, lodging and the maximum revolver firearms.

A
Anderby 12.11.19

Loved it. Not like typical bedanda, Hollywood the salvation of mankind. Joel just threw it all away, all shot and acted like he wanted to. So be it.

In General the game is very carefully and skillfully crawls and plays on Hollywood cliches.

Z
Z1costar 12.11.19

hi all. Starting from the moment when Joel woke up at the base of sedlacko and his aunt introduces into the swing of things, and SATEL prelegal to go for a walk begins with the actual emotional drive, in terms of plot.
As things turned out happy. It is still in the process of dismantling with seljami was interesting. Where they have technology and personnel to operate the brain. + bro YY reason left them.
Very clearly. Ossobenno somehow survived when at the end showed how a girl sees the scar, and then give her to go for years. I think, though would not have evolved or something. It would be too much even for me. And here's how it turned out.
Despite life and all that 15 the lazy girl she is though the world and severe. Then as if that's not the selfishness of the main character. And in a situation when making it into a child, survive, and itself in the childhood drove on motorcycles, games and stuff, watch him, with giraffes, monkeys. come to him and then put on the table and there prepariruetsya). What is the vaccine? From infection??

A
AlexHDfix 12.11.19

Does not seem that a virus is it really mutates the blisters swelled at the bite site.

A
AlexHDfix 12.11.19

Joel did as I expected, maybe I proniknuta story and walked in his role, but on the other no way he could do that or you have not played or closely listened to the dialogues.

S
Solid_Snake_13 12.11.19

Z1costar
You each did not prevent the vaccine from grammatical Alibag.

D
Dzhoel 12.11.19

I read the topic. There are opinions with which I disagree. For example, that to die is a choice ally. If anyone watched the movie Experiment 2: the new wave, which perfectly illustrated how easily the minds of children influence, one should understand that this decision (if it was) was driven into her little head.
Also disagree with those who wanted a choice in the end. The game tells the story of Joe and Ellie. It's not the Walking dead (also great game). It is simply a story, and we're just spectators. And the characters themselves. Joel is Joel. I realized this almost at the beginning, though not always agree with him, I took the game so))
I also disagree with those who think that was worth to sacrifice Ellie for the sake of humanity. Well, let's say the chance of developing a vaccine 5 percent. Okay, but the vaccine itself is not a panacea. Infected gently bite her finger, and trying to break. I.e. the chance of surviving an encounter with the infected is not 100 percent, and people will continue to die. Well, as said above serum created by the cicadas - it is not for everyone. I think just giving away no nothing. Well, as a finale - the food magically appears. The people themselves are killing each other, and will kill even after vaccination.

On the topic - the ending is super. I myself would have done exactly the same. As correctly stated by Anton Logvinov Joel he was still th*of Achilov he is not the personification of goodness, capable for ray of hope (not 100% chance) to donate a little girl. Remember the path of the cicadas, the penultimate mission where Ellie was how not own. When 2 times Joe she kept saying)). But a decision was made on the wave of utter selfishness, and not logical reasoning.
Do you agree or disagree with Joe, we need to understand that it's his decision. It can condemn or praise, but what's done is done)))

D
Dzhoel 12.11.19

PS Wrote on emotions, so maybe a little inconsistent - do not scold. Yes, and I registered on the site just for this theme (Nick took the Hooray! :-D). And plaju bought for this igruli and bend of the souls the other day too. Even saw the movie the Road which was praised so Dogs. Spit kick. Maybe a movie and the type of deep meaning but he is so boring that it will make nothing))) and nothing new in it. A boring movie with ideas have repeatedly shown - HS))))

D
Dzhek Uolters 12.11.19

Do you agree or disagree with Joe, we need to understand that it's his decision.

My decision was, I initially thought to do so, if given the choice. And the baby - he was still a hypocrite, let his wife sacrifice for the benefit of something.

If you want someone to sacrifice something first is a donation so there is less people who are willing to sacrifice someone.

L
LampaLu 12.11.19

Joel
It so happened that I shortly before found out about this game, read the book of Cormac McCarthy Road (coincidence!), so I can tell some of his arguments on the subject, as connected The Last of Us c her/the film.

All know that the name Cicada Russian adaptation (although in this case I agree with the translators, fireflies in Russian - not sounds), the original fireflies. Fire fire flies - flying. Literally - flying fire. I guess this is the name of the organization that save this mortal coil, wanted to say, well, we have a fire, a light in this dark world. And here we are reminded of the words of the boy and his father from Road, which they repeat to each other throughout his journey - We carry the fire. Maybe it's just my guesses, but they are the place to be. This is a thread that brings together the Road and the Last of us. Although the essence of the words about the fire, interestingly, are similar. If this is a call, in some sense people's enthusiasm for some kind of revolution/revolt against the military and their laws, it is the book in these words the majority says the father of the boy to somehow comfort him and say We are special. We must not give up because carrying the fire. And what was that fire - to solve the readers/viewers. Although, if you talk about the film, he certainly is not inferior to books in the atmosphere, the emotions, but still it's like not a single entity, but an entirely two different realities, two different small family.

Now to the point about the ending. Since I did not find the recorder, which said that the Cicadas have already conducted trials with such people for a long time doubted the correctness of the decision of Joel. But going to the Internet, after watching a few playthroughs, I realized that obviously missed this detail in their arguments. I have no doubt the right choice. I will not explain why, for me, it already did above, just to summarize - no one to save.

In General, many things in this game look at different angles. One thing - when you watch the film, where suddenly on the good, wonderful and innocent mankind hangs the threat and the Savior have to choose. It's quite another when such innocence here and does not smell. For example, at the time of the game (it's more of an interactive book with incredibly beautiful music than the game, although the depiction of characters not everyone will like it) Narcissu/Daffodils in some sense changed my attitude towards suicide.

I'll say this - many of these looters/bandits do not want to abandon such a life. I bet most likely, at the beginning of the epidemic many of them were teenagers, which, without exaggeration, dreamed of power. When any in whose hands no guns for you - pathetic target. Sometimes people around you try to see the bright look in the eyes, in the eyes of a man who is quiet and peaceful, but it should be in his hands this kind of power, there is no salvation. Therefore, by the way, rapists and maniacs often don't talk to the neighbors, I have no friends at work, they have no family. The word of darkness, which at night to spill the blood of homeless people forced to sleep on the street. And here you appear - a pier, here it is - a vaccine, one shot and people will never be able to turn into creatures, and the rest we all together will kill and bury and live as before. The only thing you can get to these words, a bullet in the head. The game, just the book of the king Fog, says that, sometimes, people can be much worse and more dangerous than the infected. It would seem, is infected, as we have learned, is much less than ordinary people. But instead of to protect, unite, each acting alone... And Joel and Ellie break that unwritten rule, telling the players that whatever the circumstance, people can always remain human beings, to experience love, affection, unless of course they want to...

By the way, here people have the translations spoken. It is obvious that last certainly not one, and the translators do not transferred is not due to the fact that you skipped the English lessons. But to say that the voice acting was even better than the original. Although I really like the voices of Troy and Ashley, but for some reason, it rarely happens, Russian voice seemed more... beautiful, I suppose. I do not know, although she always advocated Read books in original, watching a movie in the original.... So. And about the translation, we can say that last also translates as the end (The Last of Us - the End of US (if you consider US as the United States), translated as extreme (in Russian Extreme of us sounds terrible, but such a meaning in English it's possible). And if we consider, as a verb (not looking at us), it can be translated as lasts/stretches. Guess that's about the epidemic, about time, about life. Still, in this respect, the English language is mysterious and unpredictable.

Thank you for your attention.

P. S. Long, however went.

D
Dart_VLADER 12.11.19

CrAZy_T34
play on the highest difficulty level, you will be there survival. to die will be the only way.

H
HaPPy_DaNyA 12.11.19

The game is not played. But fully went through the passage. Experience words cannot describe. Fear, feelings, help, the essence of people... All there. The only thing that confused in the game is the ending. Yes, and it is great. Everything is wonderful. I was not confused by the fact that he chose Ellie instead of all mankind, which may or may not be saved, but still ready to kill me and the girl who replaced the daughter, shit I wanted him and each other will still kill. More left a very bad aftertaste to the lies of Joel... So confident. I read the forum a bit and calmed himself that maybe he wasn't lying:D and, in fact, I agree, it can be considered a white lie. Who knows what would have happened if he had the truth.

Especially pleased that there is this pathos and ideas about sacrifice. No, this hypocrisy. Everything is as it should be. How would all these people who cry the victim? Likewise, if I had the guts. Well, if not enough, or shot, or whole life obsessed. In addition to the creatures that do not care about Ellie. So what can one say, thanks to the creators of the masterpiece.

And what about the non-linearity and complaints is nothing. This is the story of man: his life, his psychology, his decisions. We are studying Joel, not you.

A
AntiFreeze666 12.11.19

The game is a masterpiece. Only Joel here and I don't expect the main character. And not Ellie. Through their eyes we see the world. This is the first game in my memory where there are no negative characters. They simply do not. This is the essence of the game. Shows human nature.The tragedy of it. Even David is a negative character? isn't it true in his words And what shall we do?. The human instinct of self-preservation, only the preservation of his life and his family, and not humanity as a whole. we fight for the children, but not for humanity. For his children, a man will put a big on all the principles of morality and correctness. This is the tragedy of the story. All the people we killed, and I don't expect born looters and thugs in that world. Who knows what we would do ,whether in their place. Who have families, those more fully understand it. and if I had the choice to give birth to her child or to kill let 100 people, I think the majority wouldn't even think to do. And not tormented by doubts.
For the game love it. For such a pity not nor 2500 nor 5000.

F
Frost_47 12.11.19

Great finale, very happy with it! Considering that before the passage, where I accidentally read a spoiler which said that Ellie gets infected in the end =)
In the final, my mind had different thoughts. At first I felt sorry for Ellie because I thought I save her will not work and she dies on the operating table. And when I rescued her, I thought x*YASA which midac Joel, killed everyone there and not even spared the aunt in the end and ignored the salvation of the whole world =) But the phrase when he killed the aunt was cool, I liked it for what it reminded of the phrase from the game Heavy Rain - I Have a son and a shot.
Well, the very end, where he swore and lied to Ellie, I think an excellent ending! So you can leave and not to do next continue and it will be cool! And on the contrary, after such a finale has a lot of ideas for the second part. For example, the second part begins. Ellie, Joel and Tommy are sitting around the fire Joel as promised teaches her to play the guitar. And then Elia as he finds out that Joel lied to her and runs away and raced on it)) Or is there in salt lake city someone from cecal survived, tracked down and kidnapped Ellie. In General, to continue a bunch of options.

N
Nikita Brikov 12.11.19

Passed the game! 15 hours 13 minutes is simply unrealistic afigenskij history! Long nothing fascinating! Emotions poured in all the cracks, and not that all new games are sitting pokerface...tried to climb everywhere, in all homes and in all the doors, found the recorder and listened, Joe lied(because it said that there were experiments, but like Ellie was!) I realized that I couldn't (I was sure I'd tell the truth) is possible only because was not in his situation. up to the end did not leave feeling that someone from GG definitely're dead. The ending is normal, the plot is interesting. For me in games most importantly, visualization effects, a huge world and immersive story, and how well it shoots it's guns - it doesn't bother, this game impressed, especially when I saw the giraffe, very cool! Thank you to the dogs! Bought it on PS3) because the study did not play into that, passing the session and seeing IT, just as gift accepted)

d
dreamfall266 12.11.19

the plot is very cool set, osuobeni transition fall-winter I'm really in a panic came in ...the main hero whom you operate 15 hours suddenly disappears...and Allie hunting for deer...honestly just no words))10 points to the best of the games that I have at the moment

d
dreamfall266 12.11.19

The game is a masterpiece. Only Joel here and I don't expect the main character. And not Ellie. Through their eyes we see the world.
Probably....I was pleased that for the entire game, there are many other characters and each with his story because the world turns out very vibrant and saturated.