3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nemoy 26.11.21 10:51 pm

Playing for Russia ... questions ... answers ... (Empire: Total War)

1. When you start playing, be very scrupulous about money, in the future the Swedes and Turks can block trade routes and you can stay with 3000 profits per turn.

2. Capture the Crimea as soon as possible, and start building warships, if the port is blocked, and the Turks will do it first, then you will not be able to build ships in it.

3. All the nobles went to universities, otherwise I did not notice much benefit from them (except that the videos are cool).

4. From the first moves, build more seminary churches ... they produce priests, they spread Orthodoxy ... they are very much needed in Europe and Asia!

5. You can not only research technologies yourself, but also buy quite cheaply from other countries ... start at 5000, often this amount is already quite ...

169 Comments
Sort by:
H
Heyward 26.11.21

Is it possible for Russia to hire colonial line infantry? After all, it is in no way inferior to the lineup of other European states, unlike the usual one.

G
Gendalf-golkiper 26.11.21

Heyward
yes you can

I
Izya_Nikolsky 26.11.21

And which is better capital Petersburg or Moscow? What are the possibilities? Moscow has more facilities, St. Petersburg has ports

E
ERHater 26.11.21

Modern universities can be built in the capital. And to compensate for them, parks and churches are needed. The only place for this is in Moscow.

p
petja5 26.11.21

In addition, Peter is captured by the Swedes at the beginning of the game. I, for example, first threw all my forces to the south, against the Crimean Khanate and the Turks. I simply had no reason and no opportunity to take Ingermanlandia (where Peter actually is located): there are no free troops not only to capture, but also to repulse the attack, in the event of a declaration of war. But it is necessary to develop. Therefore, all the funds that did not go to the war, he invested in the development of the territories. As a result, when I (solely for reasons of historical relevance) declared war on the Swedes and captured St. Petersburg, Moscow was already with the Winter Palace.

M
Metr72 26.11.21

There was a problem, it is clear that it was not because of Russia, but still! The game crashed on a certain move ((xs what I can’t play anymore, but I don’t see the point of taking the new state (I think the same song will be))

I
Izya_Nikolsky 26.11.21

I didn’t change the capital, I just thought if I developed Peter, then maybe there will be strong ships of the first or second rank in the ports

D
Dimon NEW 26.11.21

strong ships can be built in shipyards only, while they appear with a steam engine only in the most developed ones, which, in principle, is logical if you like the transport - an excellent replacement for the Indian

N
Nemoy 26.11.21

The same theme as in LeVi, on move 72, for Russia, the game crashes during the course of computers ... The old save on move 42 ... I don't see the point of playing again, I don't see the point ... I started for France, it's sad to say, but for playing much more intensely than for Russia .. I would like to hope that patches and mods will be able to fix it, this is an annoying misunderstanding.

M
Metr72 26.11.21

ept ((the departure time is also spontaneous (on the 30th move, the departure at me)

G
Geralt82 26.11.21

Tell me how you can buy technology, but something has not been found anywhere?

G

in diplomacy

I
Izya_Nikolsky 26.11.21

they do not sell much, you need to start with 4-5 thousand, they sometimes agree, according to their mood. So I didn't want to seize Poland-Lithuania, but the task is a task, I took five volosts from them, and then a peace treaty, I also gave them a tea set)) Torn apart country, in exchange for coffee pots

M
Merkava 26.11.21

So, the necessary advice (amendment to what has already been said)

After capturing the Crimea and gaining access to the Black Sea, DO NOT establish trade agreements until you have built up a fleet in the region.

I explain - as soon as a trade route appears from the Crimean port - Turkey (Ottoman Empire) immediately blocks it (checked - precisely because of the trade route) with a fleet of 3 galleys and a rank 5 ship. Those. it is advisable to have at least about 6 brigs to repel an attack on the port.

For the duration of the war with the Ottoman Empire, it is advisable to keep at least one maximum manned formation of ships with an admiral.

G

you mean that the port is being blocked or it is entered into, that it is not even possible to hire it. if the latter, then simply send 1 detachment to the port and the enemy ships will quickly wash away from there :)

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

Merkava
Having seized the Crimea, the Turks immediately agree to a truce, and they also offer trade. So, if you do not have a firm intention to conquer Turkey, you can make peace with them and nothing will interfere with your Black Sea trade, and you will also save money on the fleet. Moreover, the Turks can be your ally, establish trade with them, and after a while they will love you))) will turn bright green. The Turks have enough problems even without Russia, they themselves are unlikely to attack.

M
Merkava 26.11.21

Tips from me.

1.When solving the problem with the Crimea, conclude a trade agreement with India. It will be beneficial. Relations with this nation will be Friendly (that is, you can buy technology cheaper.)

2. Capture Dagestan, Tbilisi, Yerevan, Yassy, ​​Constantinople (Istanbul), Anatolia - this is 100% control over the Black Sea. Destroy the Turkish fleet and lay siege to the ports. Then ask for a peace treaty with Turkey - she will sign.

Those. leave Baghdad, Jerusalem, Cairo, Damascus and all the remaining cities of Asia and Africa to Turkey. (The European ones are easy to capture, but this forms a border with European countries such as Austria and a number of small states in which there are muddy muddies and * clouds go gloomy on the border *)

Explanation - there are very large territories on the Arabian Peninsula. 2 armies can go to meet each other and disperse (i.e. unprotected cities will be under attack.) The war is going on in a difficult way in this region.

Reason - Turkey will be a profitable trading partner + it will restrain the Persians, who most likely want to seize Yerevan and gain access to the sea. Turkey and Persia have strained relations and almost 100% - there will be a war. Look at the territory of Persia - do you need it? Between the cities for 4 turns + mountains + there will be a border with evil Mongolia = a new war ... let them squabble with each other.

3.If you are still bloodthirsty and take out Turkey - DO NOT give Persia a trade agreement - they will use your ports and trample their expensive goods to Europe (as they did in antiquity). This * takes them off the palms * - from the suffocation in the east, a rich and strong country will be formed, which will consider that it is time to have trade routes themselves.

M
Merkava 26.11.21

Having seized Crimea, the Turks immediately agree to a truce

1. Crimea does not belong to Turkey - so why would it be?
2. This does not solve the issue of security in the region + one port is not enough.

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

Merkava
I speak from my own experience. Having seized the Crimea, I offered the Turks peace and they agreed, offering in addition trade. Trade and the same system bring them closer :) after a while I developed friendly relations with them. They did not interfere with trade. Additional ports can be built in the north. Here the total number of ports is taken into account, no matter how many ports you have on the Black Sea. Then the Persians started a war with the Turks, and they had no time for a war with me.

M
Merkava 26.11.21

Well, they sent me. But nevertheless, my advice is sensible - you will not be full of Crimea alone, and hammering the whole of the Ottoman is long, tedious and not necessary for the ultimate goals. And then you will be worn out to baptize these Mohammed ...