3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nemoy 26.11.21 10:51 pm

Playing for Russia ... questions ... answers ... (Empire: Total War)

1. When you start playing, be very scrupulous about money, in the future the Swedes and Turks can block trade routes and you can stay with 3000 profits per turn.

2. Capture the Crimea as soon as possible, and start building warships, if the port is blocked, and the Turks will do it first, then you will not be able to build ships in it.

3. All the nobles went to universities, otherwise I did not notice much benefit from them (except that the videos are cool).

4. From the first moves, build more seminary churches ... they produce priests, they spread Orthodoxy ... they are very much needed in Europe and Asia!

5. You can not only research technologies yourself, but also buy quite cheaply from other countries ... start at 5000, often this amount is already quite ...

169 Comments
Sort by:
M
Merkava 26.11.21

Here the total number of ports is taken into account, no matter how many ports you have on the Black Sea.

Who are you going to trade with through the Baltka? With Britain and Denmark? And if there is a war with whom from the center? They will immediately block this LONG trade route somewhere near Gibraltar and they will have to collect a crusade ...

I generally proceed from the wishes of Peter 1 in history.

And the modern problem is that we are losing the Black Sea Fleet again. Baltic has a lower priority.

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

Merkava
Me they also sent from the beginning. They agreed only after my capture of Crimea.

M
Merkava 26.11.21

agrh ... so what? Why is an unfavorable world necessary? You can try 10 moves - then 10k. to have gold from the outlet to the Mediterranean Sea, and Osmania will cease to be trusted with eggs.

then just send a detachment to the port and the enemy ships will quickly wash away from there :)

and take the port into a block ... which will completely paralyze him and there will be NO fleet in the south at all.

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

Regarding the blocking of trade routes. In my 100 moves, no one blocked trade in the Mediterranean. But it happened in the Baltic. In addition, the Swedes and Poles are more likely to go to war with you than the same Turks.

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

Merkava
I am not saying that this way is better. It's just that your path is far from being the only one, you can steer it differently. And I already have enough money.

M
Merkava 26.11.21

Che is going on muddy)). After 60 moves, I had no one to block the way in the Mediterranean.

And in the North there is only Britain, which is Sympathetic to Russia because of the war with the Swedes.

Denmark and Poland will never go to war, because here alliance is not an empty word. I had a conflict with Poland over the ambitions of Courland - and even then there were no attacks until the time when I myself attacked them because of the cities needed for the ultimate goal.

* It's just that your path is far from being the only one, you can steer it differently. * The

military history of Russia was not made by stupid people. I just repeated it in a shorter time. (Before the Napaleon invasion)

No imposing - I proceed from the initial situation - tomorrow I will check the fraud with the Crimea and Turkey. In theory, this will not work because the Crimean Khanate is out of business here.

And I already have enough money.

20k per turn is not enough for the construction of all objects with new technologies - I'm not saying if the war is going on and soldiers are needed. So there are never many of them.

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

Merkava
The way that I described is good for those who do not want to bother with wars in Europe. Almost immediately, you can start overseas expansion to India or America.

t
t70000 26.11.21

Wars in Europe are not as terrible as they are portrayed. I play for Russia, now it is 1719, I have 30 regions. Destroyed Sweden, Norway, Poland, Courland, Georgia, Dagestan, the Crimean Khanate, Prussia, Saxony. I wanted to develop for a start, but the allies from the first move were dragged into the war with Sweden, and the Swedes, unlike all other enemies of the initial period, immediately begin to take active actions ... I had to defend ... All of Europe terribly hates me for expansion, but do nothing cannot, the state closest in authority lags behind by more than 200 points, 7 universities and a herd of nobles are rapidly studying technology, small states that are at war with me do not even want to invade, they sit and wait for a loan day.
In general, from the very beginning, Russia is aimed at wars in Europe, there is no access to the sea, and even after the seizure of ports it is long and difficult to get to America and India by sea, besides, Western European countries have already settled there, the road to India by land is also long and thorny ... There is not enough money for everything and trade does not help much with this ... In my opinion, because of this, playing for Russia is more difficult and not as interesting as, say, for France.

My observations and advice:
1) It is better to capture the Crimean Khanate immediately and quickly, the borders in the south are stretched, and the Crimeans begin raids from the first moves. By the way, at first they can hire only horse and foot Cossacks, which is complete nonsense.
2) It is better to be friends with the Turks and Persians, they are not eager to conquer Russia, during the 15 turns of the war with the Turks I did not observe any hostile actions on their part, peace, trade and alliance went easily. Expansion to Europe has no effect on relations with Muslims and Hindus, the Turks have a strong fleet, so there is no need to fear for trade in the Mediterranean, and they will not let anyone into the Black Sea either. Peace with Turkey provides a covered flank for wars in Europe.
3) We conclude as many trade agreements as possible, first of all we develop the economy.
4) Taxes for the nobility can immediately be set to the maximum, in general, the nobility is very loyal.
5) Before starting negotiations, it is desirable to improve relations with the desired country, it will be easier to come to an agreement. The cheapest, it is the longest, the way is to donate many times for 1 ruble. 1 ruble = 1 point of relationship, the maximum so you can raise by 51 points, in my opinion. I experimented, for 10 thousand rubles in the form of a one-time payment, the relationship increased by only 7 points ...
6) The right of way during negotiations in the price. I tried to conclude a trade agreement with Spain, gave 7 technologies for this, they are not in any way ... for the Spaniards, this is an insult and only honor keeps them, if not for honor, they would have shown me Kuzka's mother :) He offered instead of technologies the right of passage for 20 moves , and voila, the contract is signed. Why Spain, located at the other end of Europe, needs this right, it is not clear.
7) At first, the Russian navy is not particularly needed, of course, it can help in the war with Sweden, protect merchant ships from pirates, but while you build it, while you study the technology, while you bring it, all trade points will already be captured. Now somewhere 3 points are free, and then, freely it is said loudly, pirates are standing on them.
8) The nobles are not bad at stealing technologies, I alone stole from Prussia a technology that improves melee by 3 and a couple of economic ones, so if there are extra or "stupid" nobles they can be sent to developed countries for technology.
9) Cheap foot archers do an excellent job of maintaining order, other troops in the rear and on the border with the allies are simply not needed.

b
bymka 26.11.21

How much I am depressed by the fact that archers cannot shoot ((((I hope for mods or addons

_
_nast 26.11.21

but they chop cabbage well and ferment :)

O
Oleg27 26.11.21

Whoever made this game got acquainted with the history only from the cover. At least I hope that they will not make a game about the Second World War, otherwise they will have Hitler and Stalin like brothers in appearance - when I saw Peter the Great performed by Total Var, I was surprised for a long time by such a mockery of one of the most significant characters in History Peace. (I suppose the English queens or American monarchs were not offended) And about the archers in general I am silent, probably the developed thought that the archers is such a meaningless funny name.

S
Serhio555 26.11.21

nast
That's the answer! The guns were sold and the money was spent on drink :)
By the way, a similar picture occurs in the modern Russian army. Well developed, they clearly noticed the Russian realities.

_
_nast 26.11.21

Yes, it is interesting archers who do not shoot. I wonder how these units are called in the English version, maybe "Strelci", but the developers do not know how it is in English. translated - here we are.

O
Oboltus74 26.11.21

At the beginning of the topic, the issue of transferring the capital was discussed. How to do it?
In the game, the capital is of great importance. Let's say I want for the Russians, but in America (India). But the problem is ... he gathered the fleet, the army and moved to the American continent. I landed, colonized, forgot about the truly Russian lands (I am creating, so to speak, a new history). Question. How to move the capital, because if I lose all the lands in the old world, I get a loss?

G
Gendalf-golkiper 26.11.21

if you want to see the real Peter I, then just edit the drawing and you will be happy :)
I started to fight with the Ottomans last, they didn't attack and I didn't touch them)

p
petja5 26.11.21

if you want to see the real Peter I,
then first you have to go to the next world. :)
But seriously, though the image of the actor from the film is close to us, it is not a fact that the appearance reflects the real appearance of Peter. Certainly there are some features, but how many of them the real Peter had is hard to say for sure, because there were no photographs then, and the artists loved to embellish the paintings, especially the monarchs.

I
Izya_Nikolsky 26.11.21

5508 years old Peter stole our civilization, our history. Russia is much older than it is generally believed in reality

t
t70000 26.11.21

Izya_Nikolsky
Peter was the first to accept the reckoning of years from the birth of Christ, instead of reckoning from the creation of the world ... what's wrong with standardizing dates? Oh yes, I forgot, Adam is Russian, and Eva is Ukrainian, respectively ... or vice versa :)

t
t70000 26.11.21

By the way, about Peter. Have you seen the rest of the monarchs? In the game, everyone is like that. To bother with portraits is too gimmicky ... besides, if you put real portraits for monarchs, then all other images, nobles, generals, agents, must be taken from portraits, keep the style. And where to look for portraits of all sorts of Indians, Indians, Moors?

I
Izya_Nikolsky 26.11.21

:) Well, they have nothing to do with it, it's different.
My faces are good after Peter became Anna, 92 years old))) She was a couple of moves, she died quickly, and her face was young