3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 25.02.22 05:46 pm

Game Impressions (Elden Ring)

Coming out very soon, please share your opinions. The topic is only for discussing the impressions of the game, refrain from flooding.
199 Comments
Sort by:
001fess 25.02.22

10 FOV out of 10. Because of the different planes, the game has become more difficult. Boss teleport friezes in your profile forced you to transfer the game to an SSD. If you choose a scoundrel at the beginning, prepare a bottle in advance.

J
Jay C 25.02.22

Terribly buggy port, from the gamepad buttons in the menu (well, at least there is a solution), ending with terrible performance. When you exit the game, the music from the menu continues to play and the monitor resets the hertz to 60 Hz

C
Cahir Odim from Steam 18.03.22

Darksouls 3 Remastered. Dark Souls in the open world. With the only key difference from the original - openword. From the new - according to fashion, trends and all the canons of modern open world gaming, now the game has towers and craft so beloved by everyone. Well, the warhorse is a clear hint, practically a recommendation by the developers themselves to the place of purchase of this game, but everyone already knows about it ... Otherwise, it's still the same sandbox-draw (b) silt with an updated (but the same as in previous games of the studio, technically backward) graphics, dull boring dance-rolls around enemies, "complexity" expressed by nothing but inflated HePe of enemies ten times higher or, alternatively, x10 damage to enemies, very stupid AI most of the time, damage through textures, curve camera, jams, don’t understand what to do with bosses, lags, slowdowns and other delights of console gaming. Almost indistinguishable in other aspects from the series "Souls" and especially the last, third part. The plot is still not delivered, as well as normal localization with normal controls (although the latter, although with a stretch, can be forgiven, because the game is made for gamepads).

No, the game, of course, is not completely crap (like the same cyberbug, for example), there are new spells, weapons, updated parry, stealth, jumping mechanics, but it is still frankly BAD, both in its technical quality, and missing narrative part including zero plot, and not very strong gameplay, and weak visuals and design... This is a product only and exclusively for "soul" fan(s), especially for fans of the third part. For those who passed by in the series (like me and the vast majority of the players), it will not work, people simply will not understand the "mastery". On a ten-point scale, I would rate the project at 3 out of 10, according to Yandex, even two stars for such a project is a lot.

PS And I give you a tooth - this soap masterpiece, one hundred percent, will be the game of the year!
She already, before she had time to go out, was licked by the gamer, and they will be licked by those who are infinitely far from the gaming industry, objectivity, logic and common sense, forgive me, "gamers". Although Steam reviews are very encouraging, because there the game is scolded, and deservedly scolded. Maybe not everything is lost yet and sober-minded gamers who are able to distinguish the product of the intestines from candy still remain?

Who knows...

By the way, Elden ring is NOT Rpg, just like the first part of "souls". This is an ACTION with tiny elements of a role-playing game in the form of pumping. Gentlemen, developers can write whatever they want in the description of the genre, but this does not change the fact.
And one more thing, for information for reflection: I myself, to put it mildly, am not a fan of "souls", but Sekirka really went to me. Unlike the shower series and elden ring....

PPS Gentlemen of fanboys, I am aware that I am inadequate and for so many years I have not understood that DS (all From games) is not about the plot, but about lore, that if we judge the salts superficially, then this is generally 3/10 and that I just didn't want to understand a bit that every new From Software game gets consistently high ratings from the players and the gaming press, which means that millions of flies can't be wrong, and so on and so forth...
I've already heard all your mantras, but I'll say one thing: Fanatics and their arguments are always and everywhere the same, regardless of the object of fanaticism ...

Y
Youxyxol 18.03.22

Dark Souls 4. Not souls, but runes. Not titanite, but blacksmith stones. Well, etc. Optimization on my machine is generally good, most of the time 60 fps, but there are microfreezes when moving around the world, even though the game is on a fast SSD. I think in the future they will still finish it to a sane state, but I would not buy this for a full price. Well, here it is for now.
---
Yes, I also wanted to write and forgot. The game process after the exit remains running, i.e. hangs in the task manager, through the same DZ and you have to force it to end.

A
AlekseyHom 18.03.22

Played for about an hour and fell asleep. Well, it was not necessary to make an open world. It is generally unremarkable after all, plus the engine cannot load normally so that it is unnoticeable. Constantly slowing down because of this. Collecting all sorts of herbs makes the game feel like a regular open world RPG, but with a high difficulty.
And also uncomfortable keyboard controls, plus my XOne gamepad just doesn’t work in the game for some reason. It's wrong to judge the game by the first hours in it, I really don't want to play it now...

E
ELRASTA 18.03.22

The same Dark souls, 1v1 animations, 1v1 menus, everything is the same, but in new locations. It is comfortable to play on my ancient system with a monik (1440x900), microfreezes happen, but when the rainy weather changes, for example, in caves and buildings, everything is fine. I did not go through any of the parts because . some bosses are not mastered, but this game seems easier at first glance. But did she really need an open world? In my understanding, an open world = various situational, unscripted events, something changes periodically, the relationship of NPCs and so on, it’s purely for show, cram more mobs ... I don’t know, this is out of place. There were no flights for 4-5 hours, only friezes are not often, and that’s all, I play on the Gamesir 4 pro gamepad, so the controls are clear, more fires, easier on locations.
What else to add, the graphics have remained practically the same, but this thing should always be in last place in games.
In general, I like it, on sick leave to kill the very thing

n
nvidia311988 18.03.22

Well, very difficult fights, the very first rider makes me mad like a kitten, even with the cheats of immortality he knocks down completely, finally there is no chance, I'm not a fan of such games ..... But someone likes it) Would you find any middle ground in terms of complexity or give to choose the level of difficulty, well, it’s completely impossible ((((

T
TRE9800 18.03.22

In general, it is addictive, the same spirit (the spirit of research and discoverer) exists, but the old mechanics have become a little boring ...
About optimization (suddenly anyone is interested):

f
fordmonde572 18.03.22

xs, didn’t go at all. like souls 3 . there I tried to pass the first boss for an hour, then there is a dungeon ... I will stand on the distribution and delete

a
asceza 18.03.22

I will add about optimization, too, as it is played on 4 cores. Windows 11 dev-build 22557.1, video driver Studio 511.09. Game version 1.02

The game itself is not interested. Boring.

N
NoRegz 18.03.22

Alas, another worthless port of a good game. 5950x + STRIX 3090 does not provide a stable 60 FPS underwater. Probably the problem is fundamental and no patches will fix it.

v
venomous 18.03.22

This time I decided to try the folk version, because there were concerns about my old woman, whether it would pull. After playing for about an hour, at high (on medium - for me, a terrible picture) settings, the fps in places sags up to 40, perhaps this happens when drawing the world, with sharp camera turns, I did not notice this. But I got a strong feeling that the somersault was slowing down, I played for the robber, maybe that's the case with him, I'll try with another character.

G
GaryRouch 18.03.22

The game is just awesome!!!! I play and I can't stop. Everything is at maximum speed in 2K, there have never been drawdowns.

W
Wing42 18.03.22

Game Impression: Dark Souls in the open world that I've been waiting for. Serious opponents, interesting bosses, exploration of locations - there is enough of this here and it's great.

k
killername 18.03.22

poor control on the PC, lack of optimization, in general, installed and removed until better times, until normal control and optimization patches appear. Fortunately, the pirate came out quickly

N
Nicholas Ololai 18.03.22

It's even difficult to call it a beta version, solid stuttering and friezes, friezes and stuttering. FPS jumps from 60 to 30 and back every 10 meters of character movement, on PCs with systems higher than recommended. This is despite the fact that Dying Light 2 works fine for me. While this is not a game, but a hoax, which is a pity, because the gameplay is very good. Made a refund. Take a year and a half at a great discount. It is unlikely that they will finish it earlier. In its current state, this is the failure of the year

f
front6696 18.03.22

Good game! Played for about an hour so far and immediately fell in love with this world. And so, yes, another Dark Souls, only expanded and with a map. I, personally, do not like such a large open world yet. In general, the conclusion: who was waiting for a new game - in vain. Fans of Dark Souls - just right. Grafonium at the level of the third dark, but a little more colorful. Most likely, modders will still screw ENB, but for me, it's good enough. As for the lags and friezes - it's not in the game, but in the hardware. I eat 3.45 gigs of RAM, which is very small, I have 35 gigs of RAM, there are no lags and friezes from the word at all. Still decently eats video memory. You need a modern video card (I understand that a modern video card is now as expensive as a slightly used European car), but like this.
In general, the result is:
Lovers of Darks will definitely go. Graphodrochers - past (the level of graphonia as in DS-3). For fans of large-scale RPGs, it may not come in because of hardcore, although I already reached the foggy valley, I worked out the golden guard on horseback and nothing caused me any particular difficulties, except that the chariot shook my nerves in the initial location, but this is something we are used to !
All in all, I personally highly recommend it. I'm just delighted!

V
Victor 18.03.22

I haven't found the first shard yet, but it's already in the castle, so almost. Played a couple of hours and first impressions. I play on the PlayStation 5, I started as a beggar (scoundrel, as they call it here).

Something somehow so far without much enthusiasm. Maybe I'll play out more, but for now, alas. The graphics are like the third part with mods, in the Demon's Souls remake that was released over a year ago, the picture is MUCH better. And most importantly - the gameplay is greatly simplified, so far I have met too few bosses, and those that I met, except for the spider, did not cause any problems, but ordinary mobs, for the most part, are just lubricant for the blade. Maybe it will be better further, I don’t know, but for now it’s rather boring and lazy.

PS Bloodstains just don't work, you press and nothing happens.

==================
I found good bosses, on my own head, including plot ones. In general, there are heavy bosses here, they tear everything and everything)) With mobs, everything is much worse, I have not met a single mob that would make you give all your best, feel the dance on the blade's edge, there is no such thing, at least for now, mobs are just meat. That is, they can still stumble in a crowd, and overworkers with high HP and alone, but only if you are stupid, their movesets are miserable, the speed is also not amazing.
The world is empty, there are few quests, there are not many interesting characters per unit area.

In general, at this particular moment, I can describe the game with a saying - the first pancake is lumpy. Although I rather liked it than not, but without enthusiasm. If you are not burning to play, then wait for discounts, especially on the console, five grand for this pancake is a lot of fun.

PPS By the way, from the network functions, except for blood stains that do not work at all, the phantom summoning also does not work normally, it turns out to be called from the twentieth time, there are a lot of signs, but their update is crooked and the one you call is most likely already called, as a result you can pick up someone stupidly by spamming the call by signs.

L
Lego242242 18.03.22

Backward graphics, crooked management, friezes. Waiting for patches. Same as dark souls. I will continue to play when they release a normal patch.

A
Aristar4ik 18.03.22

where do you go in this slag? where to ride? I started, I tried to walk along the fires to the castle, it didn’t work out, everything is kneaded there with one blow. runes from enemies are pouring at least, how to lie on such slag to pump something!?