3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 25.02.22 05:46 pm

Game Impressions (Elden Ring)

Coming out very soon, please share your opinions. The topic is only for discussing the impressions of the game, refrain from flooding.
199 Comments
Sort by:
A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

Wing42
Nothing complicated there, I didn't jump to that shield the first time either. But in general, there are a lot of difficult jumping puzzles in the game, especially for the first time. Then you get used to it.

a
azazello777 11.04.22

The game is great. From the wishes - I would make it 2-3 times more compact and remove the horse. The atmosphere when you climb and mine yourself or when you vacuumed with impunity on a sprint on a horse, these are completely different things. And second: these are NPC plots. Ryl is an open world, I go where I want and in what order is convenient for me. And here I have NPCs sour in batches, quests are ruined and figs would be with him, but talismans / spells / things will wave you to ng +. As a result, instead of a free game in the spirit of research, I got a game of puzzles where in the browser there are 10+ tabs about where there is which NPC (who decide to roam around the huge world) and what he mumbled / wanted there and what kind of dances should be done with a tambourine so that he doesn't leave. And a chest that cannot be opened "You are not meant to do this" until you have taken the quest at all top. And still the game gives a lot of emotions, I recommend it.

n
nighthawkreal 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
Yeah, I remember climbing the tower in the red zone. And then the spearman took me out with one poke. )

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

azazello777
As for NPC quests, you can agree, but this is Miyazaki's trick. Although I still have to say thanks that many quest NPCs can no longer be killed by accident or cause death, they have marks on the map and move themselves even which stage they missed. And in previous games, this was not the case, and ruining NPC quests was very easy. As in my DS3, the Onion Knight was stupidly pushed off a cliff by a demon on the first playthrough, and I accidentally hacked Pilgrim, out of surprise.
As a result, in ER, although you have to follow the guide, it somehow became easier.

S
Sikator93 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
I would argue about "I don't know how to play" because all the souls jacked off to the very worst behind me, and their likes.
Once again, I don't have that much time to play through, especially if bosses, dungeons and style puzzles are constantly repeated in the game, light three candles or find three turtles.
Regarding pumping, I went through the game with fully pumped Radan swords, in heavy armor, yes, I agree that I didn’t get it somewhere and stupidly rushed most of the locations, but this is due to the fact that everything is the same, the game just got boring.
Separately, about spirits: don't tough guys go through bosses with a sting? Although on some bosses I had to call a squad of three homeless Lukaria to distract the boss, I didn’t have enough mana for another, since I didn’t play magic in any souls, it’s just not interesting.
I agree that the game is good, but also, there is a lot of superfluous shit in it, which Hidetaka threw into the light of the game in order to fill the world with something. Therefore, I think that the open world in souls is superfluous.

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

Sikator93
Of course, without magic, it will be difficult for you to be a pure melee. Then it was better to take a large shield + spear and poke everyone from the block. Easy.
And yes, this game is not for rushing, but for calm exploration of all angles. Personally, I like this.
Moreover, there is no dull sweep of question marks here, but like in Skyrim - you go wherever you want and explore on your own.

l
luess 11.04.22

An excellent game for a long and thoughtful walkthrough.
I don’t understand - that some people climbed into this open world?
PS Better, of course, a closet of five steps, immediately merged everyone and you don’t have to go anywhere.

A
ABRAS 11.04.22

I liked the game at first, but then I began to miss the corridor, or rather the quality that corridor games possessed. Previously, games of this genre had a balance of unexpected incidents, before you could feel the attention to every detail in the game world. And now the open world, which initially pleased, began to stifle interest in the game. There are a lot of complaints about the horse, a lot of dissatisfaction with the management, no lore at all. I don’t know yet to scold the game or praise it. The game did not even go a quarter, but dark souls Remastered already passed in parallel, to which all hands did not reach. For some reason, somehow. The ideal brainchild from Fromov for me to this day is DS2 and the original has passed 5 times and the schoolboy has definitely replayed it three times.
It is very sad to look at the videos of DemonSouls PS5, despite the miserable locations, you can see how much more carefully worked out every centimeter of the game world, but in Elden you can jump and jump in search of something interesting.

n
nighthawkreal 11.04.22

luess
Because it's empty and monotonous?

n
nighthawkreal 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
It seems that if the samurai is killed, the quest will be interrupted.

S
Sikator93 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
No, this game is for the player to feel the pain and suffering in the fart))) You can study Mario up and down, as well as rush. Everyone plays the way he wants, the only problem is the length of the game and the emptiness of its world.

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

Sikator93
Why can't I see the emptiness of the world here? Already the 2nd time I go through and there is enough content.

n
nighthawkreal 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
And what should be understood by the word "content"?

C
Chigibam 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
All "content" in the open world ends when you, entering the next dungeon, realize that at the end of the corridor that you have already seen somewhere, there will be a boss that you have already defeated, from which dust will drop, which you don't need a fag. As a result, the exploration of the open world turns into a job for which you are not paid.

S
Sikator93 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
The game is rich in self-repetitions, as if the ideas have run out and the developers do not know what else to stuff. This is what emptiness means. I don't want to convince you that the game is bad, in fact it's awesome, it's just dragged out, alas, this is a fact. It would be possible to spit on side wandering around the world, but if you don’t farm runes, then the character will just suck biba, and in the end, mobs have just cosmic damage, although it’s hard to protect yourself from wandering, because you don’t know where to go, by the way, because of this, I went through Rennie's quest purely by accident, after passing I found out that it turns out to be an uber quest.

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

Well, there are repetitions of some dungeons in the game, but still they are unique, each has something of its own.
Well, repetitions, so what? I'm still interested. It is absolutely unique to give birth for every small dungeon - it will be too much. And there is enough uniqueness here.

n
nighthawkreal 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
There are no unique ones here - if the ruins. then there is a hatch, then a hall, then a room with a chest, all the towers are built according to the state standard and half are even blocked in the same way, all the settlements are built from three models of houses. Do the forts differ, but then, a little bit.

That's what we're talking about, if you can't make something unique, why stretch it? To proudly say that we have a big world?

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

NightHawkreal
You are not surprised by the same type of Khrushchev and apartments in the post-Soviet countries.
So why not build tombs in the Interearth according to the same pattern?

n
nighthawkreal 11.04.22

AndralStormborn
You still remember the "Irony of Fate". Our world, of course, is rich in adventures, but it is not a world for adventures, where you have to adventure along the Khrushchevs. It would be better if they made three tombs. but different than eight but the same. And they did not set up ordinary opponents as bosses. who had already laid dozens before.

A
AndralStormborn 11.04.22

NightHawkreal You're wrong
, you can have adventures in Khrushchev houses and other apartments of the same type. If you have the right adventure, but in good company, then the surroundings are not particularly important)