3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 11.03.22 11:26 pm

Why GG is always rude (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I must say right away that I haven’t read the books, so I don’t know how the world is described in them and how Geralt behaves, but sometimes in the game I really don’t like it when some bum is rude to you, okay, you can refer to the fact that he has no brains and he doesn’t know who is the witcher, but there are characters who perfectly understand who the witcher is and still try to be rude and force him to join the battle, what's the catch, people don't understand that the witcher is a killer who can cut off his head without any problems, an adequate, reasonable person must imagine that the witcher wields a sword much better than an ordinary warrior, and even three armed men are not a problem for him at all, and still they are constantly rude and call him names.

At the same time, I can’t even engage in hand-to-hand combat, I don’t even talk about killing NPCs, even now these days you can easily clean the mug of someone who is rude, and since the Middle Ages, killing is a common thing, especially in those realities that occur in the game, what's the catch, I did not understand.
It is also worth taking into account that the witcher saves people from huge problems by killing various monsters, albeit for money, and still such an attitude.
113 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez Ramirez 11.03.22

Killing people is forbidden by the witcher code. Only in extreme situations, in self-defense.

A
Alex Coachman 11.03.22

It's rude at the beginning of the game. The further in the story, the more they will thank and respond well. But it is natural to do all the side quests, to help people. In general, in the world of the game, the Witchers are really treated badly, considering them vile creatures, geeks. Read the book "Monstrum or the Witcher description".

H
HackerokX 11.03.22

saa0891
Okay, so what can you do about these insults? If the game is designed for this... Try to do any action, and see how you will be treated. One more thing, it's one thing to say, and another thing to do.

s
slipknot326 11.03.22

saa0891
If only yes if only. Here, take it and make it so smart. Everyone is just complaining.
And if they made a full-fledged RPG out of it, so many people would not play it, I'm sure. IMHO.

s
saa0891 11.03.22

Bear

Books is one thing but the game is completely different.

s
saa0891 11.03.22

HackerokX

Okay, so what can you do about these insults? If the game is designed for this... Try to do any action, and see how you will be treated. One more thing, it's one thing to say, and another thing to do.

The fact of the matter is that I can’t even hit an NPC in hand-to-hand combat, I’m not even talking about killing.
But the most important point is not even in this, but in the fact that nothing changes from the actions of the GG, and no matter whether you took a fee for the quest or not, in the end the attitude will be the same, the NPCs will also support you.

S
SP minus 11.03.22

saa0891

I hit before they get nasty first, and g.. you and your kind eat

s
saa0891 11.03.22

slipknot326

For example, in the same TES, NPCs pay attention to what your specialization is, they even pay attention to diseases and give out various cool dialogues, when you advance through the plot or complete any quests, even in the same guilds, your attitude towards you changes various bonuses, etc.

s
saa0891 11.03.22

SP-minus

Judging by the fact that you wrote it completely wrong, it's unlikely that someone on the tram, if you already ride there, will call you a geek if you just don't behave like that.

d
diablo_7_13 11.03.22

all this comes from a small amount of brains...
Yes, and the whole world is built on a racial principle, and the witcher is no longer 100% human, so he is treated like a geek.
the same attitude towards elves and other races

s
saa0891 11.03.22

I don’t understand why some comrades perceive criticism of the game so negatively, I just wanted to know people’s opinions, in the end it turns out that you play as you were given and not no.

I also wrote this because in the first and second parts there was still no such rudeness, and here a lot of extras (standing, sitting a simple post) strive to let go of some kind of offensive phrase addressed to GG.

d
dmitrians 11.03.22

saa0891
"I haven't read the books" well, read it and understand, Witchers are killer mutants, some witcher schools (for example, the cat school) have become hired killers (Summer, the killer of kings is an example of this) and ordinary people in this world are alien to everything that is different from them, that's why people despise witchers, who knows what he can do?? for example, the same Geralt was nicknamed "the butcher from Blaviken" when he tried to save a lot of ordinary people by cutting a group of bandits, and people didn't care who he killed, they only saw a mutant up to his ears in blood in a pile of corpses, so before asking stupid questions - read books, the witcher saga is one of the best fantasy in the world
By the way, about the first and second parts, they were made as a separate game (stretching the narrative very strongly and moving away from the book) Part 3 was placed more emphasis on books (the whole plot is tied to wild hunting and Ciri's mission, which is closer to books), so it turns out that part 3 includes some nuances in terms of mating, handling, etc.

s
saa0891 11.03.22

dmitrians

read books, the witcher saga is one of the best in the world of fantasy

It's just not interesting to me.

If a mod comes out to kill NPCs, I’ll just put it on, and whoever is too rude will cut it out, that’s business.

d
dmitrians 11.03.22

saa0891
"whoever is too rude will cut him out, that's the point."
and this person is surprised that they treat him badly
ps the game has alternative answers that lead to a positive effect, if, for example, you drink with the Baron's soldiers, and not be rude and get into a fight, then they will let you through and call you a friend (as you treat people, so they treat you)

I
IArlekinI 11.03.22

“I’ll say right away that I haven’t read the book,”
this can be the end of the discussion, because there’s nothing to say and everything is clear

D
Dzengrave 11.03.22

Well, if you haven’t read it, I’ll try to define it in a nutshell:
according to the setting, people are afraid of witchers no less than the monsters themselves, because. the one who poses a threat to a threat is already much more dangerous in itself)) People do not trust them, but are forced to use their services. Witchers replenish their ranks, you know? They take the child from the family, which will be helped if the baby is suitable. And not the fact that he will survive the initiation into the witcher. Many parents, of course, will rise up like a mountain to protect their child from such a fate. This is just one example of a conflicting attitude towards witchers. + All sorts of tales and rumors spread by both churches and ordinary people, + far from all witchers are wandering Jedi in defense of goodness and justice...

s
saa0891 11.03.22

dmitrians

and this person is surprised that they treat him badly

. And the developers simply left no choice, if someone does fist fights with rude people, I will install this mod.

ps the game has alternative answers that lead to a positive effect, if, for example, you drink with the Baron's soldiers, and not be rude and get into a fight, then they will let you through and call you a friend (as you treat people, so they treat you)

It's like me already I wrote above the little things that, in the end, have no effect on anything, since the GG does not have karma or something similar that would affect the attitude of the NPS and those choices and actions that the player did.

U
Uzya 11.03.22

saa0891
You go out Gos. nahami administration. Some people can throw mud at you, like a GG in a game. And you can't do shit to them. And here, even a bum is better than a witcher, because. a witcher is a geek, and a bum is some kind of no a person.

s
saa0891 11.03.22

Bear

You go out Gos. nahami administration.

It is unlikely that a reasonable person will do this, why did you write this, I don’t understand, although you can try the guards will quickly explain to you what’s what.

And here, even a bum is better than a witcher, because. a witcher is a geek, and a bum is some kind of no a person.

Everything is clear, i.e. a bum is better because he does not benefit, and a witcher who saves people from monsters is complete shit, I have no questions.

U
Uzya 11.03.22

saa0891
Some of this administration don't even take you for a person. And you can’t do anything to them, just like in the game. People have already killed witchers.