3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 11.03.22 11:26 pm

Why GG is always rude (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I must say right away that I haven’t read the books, so I don’t know how the world is described in them and how Geralt behaves, but sometimes in the game I really don’t like it when some bum is rude to you, okay, you can refer to the fact that he has no brains and he doesn’t know who is the witcher, but there are characters who perfectly understand who the witcher is and still try to be rude and force him to join the battle, what's the catch, people don't understand that the witcher is a killer who can cut off his head without any problems, an adequate, reasonable person must imagine that the witcher wields a sword much better than an ordinary warrior, and even three armed men are not a problem for him at all, and still they are constantly rude and call him names.

At the same time, I can’t even engage in hand-to-hand combat, I don’t even talk about killing NPCs, even now these days you can easily clean the mug of someone who is rude, and since the Middle Ages, killing is a common thing, especially in those realities that occur in the game, what's the catch, I did not understand.
It is also worth taking into account that the witcher saves people from huge problems by killing various monsters, albeit for money, and still such an attitude.
113 Comments
Sort by:
v
vert 11.03.22

Truly, there is nothing more disgusting than those monsters, contrary to nature, called witchers, because they are the fruits of vile magic and the devil. These are scoundrels without dignity, conscience and honor, true fiends of hell, only adapted to murder. There is no such place as one among respectable people. And their Kaer Morhen, where these dishonest ones nest, where vile things do their work, should be wiped off the bosom of the earth and sprinkled with salt and saltpeter.

Quote from Monstrum. I remember Geralt himself was a little freaked out when he read this.

R
RAZIEL_ 11.03.22

Another thing bothered me in the game, the witcher is so cool, he brings down monsters in packs, he beat him up in the wild hunt, and some guard can easily knock him out, even if Geralt is at least level 50 ... How can this be explained?

X
XBoy360 11.03.22

RAZIEL_
Scripts?

K
KamikazE 11.03.22

RAZIEL_
just like in any other game, there is a restriction on wasting personal time. These are cops, arrest, - reputation, reloading from the last save, etc. etc.
The Witcher can bring down packs of monsters because this is his job and purpose. Exactly since he should not get into human disassemblies at all, and even more so pay attention to them, except to HELP. The game is full of such quests where the correct answer is "not my business" .
For me, it’s not at all clear what the problem is for some with the fact that some garbage NPC decided to show off to leave the cool GG, But to be smarter and not let go before that garbage, realizing that you are above this so difficult?
Or the game will look cooler after, for example, the GG cuts out all the locks under a clean one and, for example, there will be no respawn of new people at all, since it is logical to assume that if an IDIOT walks around the zone, then it’s better not to go there. And why in this case hire one monster who will come back and kill everyone if another monster sticks out somewhere in the forest and wets a lot less people. :)

K
Kodval 11.03.22

Den-z2011
This is not a peasant - this is a man from the Temerian rebel movement, in the past he was a intelligence officer. like a squad. They are more educated and he certainly knows what the witcher is capable of, because there he was known for a long time as Foltest's personal bodyguard and then the killer of kings. It is logical that he did not want to take risks once again.

g
gmh4589 11.03.22

saa0891
This is the Middle Ages, then everyone was rude, and it was normal.

a
awesome bro 11.03.22

Yes, because everyone treats you like an unclean stray. Mutant, demon, evil in human form.

_
_Str75_ 11.03.22

saa0891
I'm already in shock)))))))
That's real, you should first read books, and then climb with such questions ...
Confused knights errant with witchers?))))

n
nighthawkreal 11.03.22

Well, in the quest about the maniac, my hands itched from the very beginning to give the gravedigger a tambourine and the developers understood me. )

G
Gibsoncheg 11.03.22

>I’ll say right away that I haven’t read the books, so I don’t know how the world is described in them.
Then I didn’t even read 1 post

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.03.22

RAZIEL_
Another thing bothered me in the game, the witcher is so cool, he brings down monsters in packs,
At a high level of complexity, the witcher's drowners are surrounded, and his khan comes pretty quickly. He fights well one on one. passed a little. But he coped with the bear)

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 11.03.22

Den-z2011
This is so at first. Then the level of complexity seems to be smoothed out and you will also crush utopians in batches. Armor of a bear, a quen pumped two levels, an elixir for endurance regen, the corresponding oil and any creature is clogged in the forehead. And if you master the bias, then just do it, surrounded by a dozen utopians or ghouls, you can "dance" and admire how legs and arms fly off in different directions.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.03.22

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
Cool). The skin of a bear, as I understand it, is just right for me

M

Den-z2011
I still prefer the cat's set. The damage is higher, and due to the school of cat technique for armor, stamina is restored at a frantic speed even without the elixir. With such a speed of stamina recovery, you can safely heal with Quen in battle.
There is one more feature. Some skill in the "green" section, which, when intoxicated above 0, slows down the time when the enemy starts to counterattack. A very useful thing. You peck at the enemy, the time slows down and through the "Alt" you gently go to the side and then beat him. And so on until it falls. Beautiful and very helpful.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.03.22

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
Thank you for the info

g
givemethedust 11.03.22

Again stupid nitpicks. If I had given books at least a couple of hours, I would have known that this is Geralt, and not some kind of TES noun, a certain hero. And he is smart enough not to throw himself at the first homeless person you meet, and you would know why this was done if you read the books. And there is no gameplay infringement in this. Geralt does not rush into battle, he only defends himself, you would know that if you read at least something about him. In TES, I can cut out the whole country alone, but I can’t become the king of Skyrim, how so? The great Dovahkiin remains on errands.

Why clean the mug of the whole village if you can do the opposite quest where you helped the village and the whole village became grateful to you, you have different bonuses, reputation, the price from merchants is more profitable, etc.
There are small quests with villages where 5 people will love you, but in general this will not change the attitude towards him. How can you not understand that a good, kind, wonderful Witcher Savior is not according to the canon of the book and not LORno? Here you helped the merchant at first and did not take money, he thanks you and tells you to tell the merchant in the tavern that you are from him, for this she feeds and waters you for free, as friends and treats you well, although others despise. But at the end of the prologue, you massacre the tavern and all, where is her friendliness, even though you saved her? If you do not understand the lore of the game, then this is your problem, not the developers.

M

Givemethedust
"Geralt doesn't charge into battle, he only defends himself, you would know that if you read anything about him."
I remember at the very beginning of the first book he killed three people in a tavern. And in the palace, Foltest, in my opinion, says to him: "The Witcher, you could solve everything with these guys in words, but flunked them in order to impress me." Something like that. I have been reading books for a long time. Maybe he messed up.

g
givemethedust 11.03.22

Marshal Talyan McKirby III Do you
remember in the first book he killed three
Bandits in the tavern, who began to throw themselves at him?)

The stranger did not sit down at the table where the few visitors were, but remained at the counter, carefully studying the innkeeper with his eyes.
“Looking for a room for the night,” he said, taking a sip from his mug.
“No,” muttered the innkeeper, looking at the guest’s shoes, dusty and dirty. "Ask in the Old Hell."
- I'd like to be here.
- There is not. The innkeeper finally recognized the stranger's accent. Rivyanin.
“I will cry,” the stranger said quietly and as if uncertainly.
That's when this sordid story began. The pock-marked big man, who had never taken his sullen gaze off the stranger since the appearance of the stranger, got up and went to the counter. Two of his buddies stood two paces behind.
“Well, there aren’t any places, Riva punks,” barked the pockmarked man, coming close to the stranger. “We don’t need those here in Vizima. This is a decent city.
The stranger took his mug and moved away. He looked at the innkeeper, but he averted his eyes. He did not even think of defending the Rivyan. And who loves Rivyan?
“Whatever a Rivian is, a thief,” continued the pockmarked man, who smelled of beer, garlic, and malice. “Do you hear what I’m saying, you bastard?
“He can’t hear, he’s stuffed his ears with shit,” mumbled one of those who stood behind. The second laughed.
“Pay and exhaust yourself,” barked the pockmarked one.
Only now the stranger looked at him.
- I'll have a beer.
“We’ll help them,” hissed the tall man. He knocked out the mug from the Rivian and, at the same time, grabbing his shoulder with one hand, dug his fingers into the belt that crossed the stranger's chest obliquely with the other. One of those standing behind swung, about to strike. The stranger turned on the spot, throwing the pock-marked one off balance. The sword whistled in its scabbard and flashed briefly in the light of the kagans. The mess has gone. A cry went up. Some of the guests rushed to the exit. The table fell with a crash, pottery thudded to the floor. The innkeeper—his lips were trembling—looked at the monstrously dissected face of the pock-marked man, and he, clutching the edge of the bar with his fingers, slowly sank, disappeared from his eyes, as if drowning. The other two were on the floor. One didn't move, the other writhed and twitched in the rapidly spreading dark puddle. The thin, heart-rending cry of a woman trembled in the air, screwing into the brain. The innkeeper shook

Something like that. I have been reading books for a long time. Maybe he messed up
. No one calls him a peace-loving altruist, but he did not go into the tavern, brandishing a sword, and crumbling everyone in a row, right?

s
saa0891 11.03.22

I'm glad that there are still intelligent creatures.
Spoilerpix.playground.ru

s
saa0891 11.03.22

Givemethedust

I'm in TES I can cut out the whole country alone, but I can't become the king of Skyrim, how so? The great Dovahkiin remains on errands.

What's got you so hot.

In The Witcher, you can't even do that, like a lot of other things.