3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
saa0891 11.03.22 11:26 pm

Why GG is always rude (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I must say right away that I haven’t read the books, so I don’t know how the world is described in them and how Geralt behaves, but sometimes in the game I really don’t like it when some bum is rude to you, okay, you can refer to the fact that he has no brains and he doesn’t know who is the witcher, but there are characters who perfectly understand who the witcher is and still try to be rude and force him to join the battle, what's the catch, people don't understand that the witcher is a killer who can cut off his head without any problems, an adequate, reasonable person must imagine that the witcher wields a sword much better than an ordinary warrior, and even three armed men are not a problem for him at all, and still they are constantly rude and call him names.

At the same time, I can’t even engage in hand-to-hand combat, I don’t even talk about killing NPCs, even now these days you can easily clean the mug of someone who is rude, and since the Middle Ages, killing is a common thing, especially in those realities that occur in the game, what's the catch, I did not understand.
It is also worth taking into account that the witcher saves people from huge problems by killing various monsters, albeit for money, and still such an attitude.
113 Comments
Sort by:
g
givemethedust 11.03.22

saa0891 Am
I hot? Instead of at you from absolute not knowledge of ENT?

s
saa0891 11.03.22

Givemethedust

Apparently, the developers are not able to convey lore in the game, as Besedka does.
I just didn't think that I would have to read all the Witcher books to play the game.

g
givemethedust 11.03.22

saa0891
Reading books would save you from stupid questions.

Apparently the developers are not able to convey the lore in the game, as Besedka does.
don't even start your song. I already became the head of the Companions, barely knowing how to hold a sword, and I became an Archmage, knowing three spells .. that's a real ENT! Go to jail for a tomato? For a lavender flower? Don't care that you saved their wonderful tree and killed 500 dragons. You are an ordinary bandit and a brat. Die for a tomato. Moreover, you can enclose all the gardens outside the city in full view of the guards and the owners, and no one will say a word to you. Or is the lavender in the temple much more important than the harvest that people plow for days? What did you say there? Do people notice everything? Hair from the ears, look into your inventory, read minds, and at the same time, almost no one knows that you are the Great Dragonborn. Such a blind guild of thieves and assassins..didn't recognize a dragonborn in their ranks, lol. As are the Companions. Really?

In The Witcher, you are exactly what the Witcher is. And the ENT here is completely transmitted as it is in this universe.

S
StalkerVirys 11.03.22

Well, if you turn on the logic, then when everyone is rude, then rudeness ceases to be perceived as rudeness, and in order to piss someone off, you have to be completely ostracized.

g
givemethedust 11.03.22

saa0891
For example, in the same TES, NPCs pay attention to what your specialization is, they even pay attention to illnesses.
And at the same time, only 5 guards in Skyrim know that you are Dovakin. No one else from the significant people will say a word. I'm not talking about the fact that everyone is in awe of the Great and Terrible omnipotent Dovahkiin, but at least dialogue in the style of "Oh, you are Dovahkiin, wow. But we do not pay attention to titles here and you will have to prove that you are worthy be our brother/magician/thief/murderer." But no, they stupidly rolled the story of the Dragonborn into an Oblivion template.

s
saa0891 11.03.22

Givemethedust Became an

archmage knowing three spells..that's a real ENT! Go to jail for a tomato? For a lavender flower? Don't care that you saved their wonderful tree and killed 500 dragons. You are an ordinary bandit and a brat. Die for a tomato. Moreover, you can enclose all the gardens outside the city in full view of the guards and the owners, and no one will say a word to you. Or is the lavender in the temple much more important than the harvest that people plow for days? What did you say there? Do people notice everything? Hair from the ears, look into your inventory, read your mind, and at the same time, almost no one knows that you are the Great Dragonborn. Such a blind guild of thieves and assassins..didn't recognize a dragonborn in their ranks, lol. As are the Companions. Really?

As I wrote above, and even at least this is not in the Witcher, it’s good that the guards now pay attention to how you clean boxes in front of their noses and take at least some action, NPS still don’t give a fuck that you clean their house and don't give a fuck when you break into them, whether it's night or day, they won't even pay attention to you and they don't lock the doors, whoever wants to come in.

In The Witcher, you are exactly what the Witcher is. And the ENT here is completely transmitted as it is in this universe.

However, to learn ENT I have to read books.

I'm not going to argue with you further where and what is better, I wrote everything that I considered necessary.

k
killerBD1 11.03.22

JUnnAmmED
Yes, the witchers do not have a code, there never was and never will be, Geralt came up with it himself, firstly because it is convenient to hide behind them, and secondly, if there is a code, then there is more respect among those who hire him, they say, damn it from the mountain what kind of code does he have
Bupycop
against ordinary soldiers and peasants, he is just a terminator and I think he will put it easy against 15 peasants with pitchforks or 15 guards, but about those people whom he killed in Blaviken, they were not just boobies from the main road who sword for the first time they held in their hands, they were professionals, murderers and robbers who managed to get used to each other and were therefore dangerous

k
killerBD1 11.03.22

If you put it on the shelves why they don’t like witchers, then I think this:
1) a non-human, I think there is no need to explain, at least for the most part he looks like a person, but there are still differences and people are enough to hate for it
2) the book "Monstrum or witcher's description", a book by an unknown magician, because of which the Wolf school was actually destroyed
3) relics, as it was said in the book, the harder the witcher does his work, the more he deprives himself of the means to earn money, earlier there was a demand in witchers because after the Conjunction of Spheres appeared many different monsters (besides people and sorcerers), but now that there are not so many of them and there is little demand left in witchers
4) not so much a savior and a white knight, it is customary that the witcher takes his money for his work, often they collect it to pay the whole village, but the peasants don’t have much money either because for them the witcher and the savior and the evil that robs them to the skin
5) answer why a homeless person dares to revile a witcher in the city, and what will you do to him? According to the book, if you touched a homeless person, they would have caught you all over the city, and then they would have sent you to the fire, because a homeless person, and you are point 1 for which there is no place in this world, and why didn’t they add the ability to beat the face of a homeless person during the day, why? To that's why the whole city was caught and burned, i.e. do it end right away? Nonsense just spend resources and then Geralt lives for a long time and knows what to climb and shove with a drill for himself more
6) the churches are different, they are all non-humans, sorcerers and witchers, mutants are always to blame for everything, because it is much easier to blame someone than to admit that you messed up

z
zed22 11.03.22

My G. was praised in the villages, in the cities - in different ways

g
givemethedust 11.03.22

saa0891 don't give a
fuck when you break into them, whether it's night or day, they won't even pay attention to you and don't lock the doors, come in whoever wants to

. At night they lock the doors in the villages. And again, you say that the developers have problems with the ENT, although in the first part you were not told how the peasants attacked the witcher's fortress? How were almost all the witchers killed? Didn't find a book about the witcher with a description? And he is also rude in the first part, although not so sharply, but it is. And who is to blame for the fact that in TES the entire ENT is built around the world, and the GG itself does not concern him in any way, because he is nobody.

As I wrote above, and even at least this is not in The Witcher
And thank God that this is not in The Witcher. Especially, in such a poor study.

B
Bupycop 11.03.22

killerBD1
You won't kill even 15 peasants with a pitchfork if the level is lower than theirs, and the guards don't go one by one, and according to the game mechanics, they are always higher than you in level.

k
killerBD1 11.03.22

Bupycop what are
you talking about? What levels? We are talking about the book Geralt

B
Bupycop 11.03.22

killerBD1
Well, the topic is not according to the book Geralt) and the games have deviated a little from Sapkowski's idea, there are many nuances that are not taken into account, in the book he did not kill crowds because of the treasure chest, although according to the book, these peasants killed him, or rather one even a peasant) so that's how it happens, I think in the game you could also die or even die from 1-2x humanoids, who were far from professional swordsmen, but simply were higher in level than you)