3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
s_kaz 21.11.19 02:33 am

ERROR ERR_GFX_STATE (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Hi all. After the last patch, very often began to appear this error.

On the website dtf.ru found this:

But it does not help.
This error appears if you play Vulkan, on DX12 is excellent and, in principle, possible to play on it. But Vulkan with the latest patch gives you more FPS (up to 20 approximately). On the volcano none more loaded than the processor and is almost always fully DX12 on the contrary, the percent loaded more than vidyuhi, that makes the difference. In the settlements on DX12 percent loaded to 98% and none for 50% and 45 FPS somewhere on a Volcano in a similar situation 60 FPS minimum

Volcano:

DX12:
133 Comments
Sort by:
d
dimon9875 21.11.19

On the issue on Reddit write
had a similar error ERR_GFX_STATE and solved it by deleting all files(not the settings.xml) in the Rockstar save.

Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings

Delete all .bin and Vulkan files

GL

s
s_kaz 21.11.19

dimon9875
dimon9875 wrote:
driver NVIDIA latest set?
Of course.
dimon9875 wrote:
On the issue on Reddit write
I will try in the evening

Y
Yuriy Mishukov 21.11.19

Just removed the Nvidia driver and installed 441.20 441.12 (download from torrent) and the error is gone and the game is better, sometimes it still just crashes(
Tried as someone wrote to reduce the core frequency of the graphics card via MSI Afterburner, normal flight the second day of no escape

s
s_kaz 21.11.19

dimon9875
Tried. Deleted all files in the folder except the file system. Played 5 hours of departure, ugh ugh was not! Let's hope there is a solution to the problem, because before the crashes happened 2-3 times in an hour. Thank You Dimon!
Spoiler

b
basia_tish 21.11.19

Rockstar your update just adds more problems. After yesterday's update from 19.11 stopped again to start the game. Error err_gfx_state. 1.5 hours was in agony and found a solution. Go into the settings folder and using Notepad open the file system, looking for the line API and to change the Vulcan to DX12. Hope they fix Vulcan, for fps with the same settings at 15 frames below.....

S
Streeting 28.06.20

by the way, even with online this error crashes, deleted files and like the rules, but with online trouble, throws every 10 minutes

A
Avers288 28.06.20

Played on a volcano, survived and left. Later I go - on the boot screen it does not matter, departure with this error. In safe mode, switched the volcano on дх12, have kept perezalil - it worked.
In my case, the difference in fps between the volcano and дх12 virtually no.

S
Sanek1971 28.06.20

Yesterday I caught this bug, just did nothing, said to myself, what if before you exit the game manually will remain, this garbage turns out, had not been preserved, so came out, or rather was preserved but not before the release. Helped deleting files from My documents. Nothing else seemed to work. All the same, the saves are still sometimes deteriorating because of something.dx 12 is the same garbage was

A
Aleksandr Volfson 28.06.20

Direct 12 passed passed the mission where he learns about tubica and all the rules
Then back put

U
Ueban9634 28.06.20

s_kaz
I have this folder even no Settings

D
Domovoy161rus 28.06.20

after yesterday's patch, this error appeared, and importantly this error kicks if you click on the Windows button on the keyboard to minimize the game...

S
Selftishz 28.06.20

Domovoy161rus
My game won't start at all now with this error. Only from the safe mode, but each time the settings do not want to change

D
Domovoy161rus 28.06.20

Selftishz
helped one remove this error, it in the graphics settings to swap the volcano and дх12, restart, and back then дх12 at the volcano, and the error is gone, I don't know maybe just a coincidence)

f
freenke 28.06.20

I understand that a sensible decision and no, I already deleted the files, the command line was added... nothing helps... 10 minutes of the game and departure. Got already.

S
Selftishz 28.06.20

I've tried everything - nothing helps. Found a place to drop. Surprisingly, when you switch to full screen mode the game freezes (played earlier and everything was fine). Seeing the number of problems, realize that 2 months from release, nothing has changed

T
TheCocaCola 28.06.20

Couldn't log into the game at boot gave the error
All tried

The problem was solved it Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings
Delete all .Vulkan bin and files. Deleted all the sga files associated with the volcano.Put the stop 12 and all plows without problems. Thanks guys for the help!

S
Sanek1971 28.06.20

Who crashes in tech support said to write the command in the launcher, read the tech support and the latest update

f
freenke 28.06.20

Sanek1971
did not help me, can fly again in 30 mins, maybe after 2 hours of play... and that happens every ten minutes.

S
Selftishz 28.06.20

Sanek1971
Where it can be read? Can't find

S
Sanek1971 28.06.20

Selftishz
https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360040482073/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-on-PC-crashing-with-ERR-GFX-STATE-error