3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 08.10.22 11:41 pm

Impressions of the full game v3

Past topic
129 Comments
Sort by:
z
zhenyavir 08.10.22

I bought the game and there were no bugs! did not install patches!

S
SWAEIG 08.10.22

With great pleasure I went through the first and second (with the addon) gothic twice, because it really dragged on ... I decided to put on the 3rd gothic ... At first I played some version, but it slowed down and terrible boars rushed about, which killed instantly ( that's why there were dragons in the second part, Beliar had to take a dozen boars from the third, they would have made more noise). Then I took another version from a friend, another patch of some kind, like 1.72.
Well, actually impressions.
In the first city we cut out the orcs, I noticed old friends. I think we'll chat. After the fight, he approached Diego (in the first part he told a lot of interesting things), he said one phrase and fell silent, I think it might be a bug, but Gorn and Milton also said one meaningless phrase, and Lester refused to speak at all. After that, he came to some rebel camp, and there give-bring-kill quests. There were also many such quests in the first and second Gothic, but they were so coolly furnished, each quest had its own backstory, but here it’s stupid: kill the boars or bring 10 bunches of grass, why they need them are silent. Somehow I started to get frustrated...
Then he decided to look for Xardas, reached the orc city, completed several stupid quests, and let him go north. I found Xardas, after all, I trust him from the second part, he told me a couple of phrases, then he gave me a task about artifacts. Not a word more, in the second part, although he was busy, he could still speak and help a little, but not here ...
Okay, I think, all the same, the beginning of the game, maybe it will be more interesting later. I found some kind of teleport, used it and arrived right in front of the bright eyes of King Rhobar. The king began to fence something, while frantically gesticulating, now he does not look like a king. In the first part, there was Gomez, so from this handful of polygons, the developers have ensured that a feeling of almost absolute power in the colony comes from it. In the second part, a Pirocar evoked a similar feeling, he also sits and looks at point-blank range, it’s even scary to approach him, and in the third part some jester sits on the throne, I slammed him right away, well, he doesn’t pull on the king.
After that, the game was deleted and there is no desire to play anymore, it doesn’t look like the first and second gothic, there is no such feeling of a cozy world and a unique atmosphere, interesting quests and dialogues, because of which I spent a lot of time for the first and second parts. Of course, it is interesting to know how this mess ended, but alas, there is no strength to go through the game itself.

F
Full power 08.10.22

Gothic the best of the best. OOOOOOOOO looking forward to Arcania (Gothic4) I hope there will be fewer bugs.

F
Fiorgal 08.10.22

Damn stop crying about bugs. Buy the GOLD version + install CP 1.72 and cut yourself. That number of bugs about which they cry so much even in 1.07 is not striking. The most oscillatory bug that I noticed (there are only 2 of them) -- I can not cook poisons ---- the alchemist Kap-dune walks under the ceiling

s
simple.user 08.10.22

that's why there were dragons in the second part, Beliar had to take a dozen boars from the third, they would have made more noise
. Gomez was in the first part, so from this bunch of polygons the developers have ensured that it emanates a feeling of almost absolute power in the colony. In the second part, a Pirocar evoked a similar feeling, he also sits and looks at point-blank range, it’s even scary to approach him, and in the third part some jester sits on the throne, I slammed him right away, well, he doesn’t pull on the king.
Everything is on point, everything is on point. Zuben looks even more or less imperious, but Robar ... By God, just a schmuck on the throne and that's it.

Then ... They especially hesitated a quest like: "Bring me, they say, twelve bunches of medicinal herbs, I have it here, they say, by the hundreds growing near the house. It’s up to me to raise my fat wise ass and go for grass ... Ah, Did you bring it? Here are those for this 150 thousand for the armor of the paladin and 75 turnips from me for free."

Further ... Did the developers themselves get stoned like the inhabitants of Lago, or were they just too lazy to do Varant (I personally had such an impression)? An endless, stupidly endless desert with a few small caves and goofy cities. Despite this, there are also several attractions in the desert (!): relaxed lags, some cool quests related to Al Shedim and Mora Sul, a cool town - Ishtar, with its 75% required reputation.

The desert is a completely different matter. Quests with hornets and shnygs in Lago: They poked monsters, made a meaningless set of scenery - wet, they say, as you like, you are cool gamers. Al Shedim: By killing the orcs at the temple, you add yourself an anti-rep from the assassins. ILLEGAL! It's the same as during the war between America and Iran (let this be an example, don't take it seriously), to kill Americans and for this become even greater enemies of the Iranians themselves. There are many more bugs in the desert... And even more selective idiocy on the part of the developers.

Unreal ease of quests. How could these quests be invented at all? Developed complete noobs and do not know how to play RPGs? So no - in the second goth everything is fine with this. Massive noobness of developers during the creation of the third goth? Is this an epidemic? Probably... A more or less difficult quest is given by an orc shaman near the arena in Faring. 3 royal sorrel - this is already something, you can search. But basically - all the quests are unnatural shit, in no way comparable to the quests of past goths. Kill me if it's not.

Ending. Ooooh, that's something. They could at least not be too lazy and make some special effects, stir up a cool video ... So no, the developers are too lazy. They just made a stupid comic that described what would happen to the characters in the future. Not interested. Dumb.

In general, I think that the developers stupidly focused on the graph, which is by no means as important as they thought, and they didn’t give a damn about everything else, they were too lazy to complete it, there was not enough time.

Understand, I'm not criticizing the game unnecessarily. All this is true. If something is wrong, then it is already fixed in the new patch, which I have not tested yet. Maybe something has changed for the better. But I doubt that its creators have managed to improve G3 to a normal game. There are, of course, worse games, in case someone argues that I underestimate Gothic too much, but NORMAL games - such as Oblivion or the same second Gothic, do not fall short in any way.

c
cipherval 08.10.22

Accordion. Kakbe. You're a little late... a year or so by 3...
Of course, I played without 1.72 and AA and AB, of course.

I would see what G3 is now, I would sing differently.
How I could hardly sleep at night, waiting for the announcement of 1.70... every video, every screen...
Yeah...

s
simple.user 08.10.22

Yeah... Old-fashioned me, however. Or maybe I just rarely do Goth.

S
Stay Away 4000 08.10.22

what's with this fan patch? as far as I know, there is a separate topic on it ... I strongly doubt that on the Oblivion forum anyone will think of writing about OOO in Impressions ... and here I see no reason to do this ... it’s natural to evaluate something that developers sculpted, not enthusiastic fans

c
cipherval 08.10.22

LLC is a plugin.
SR - patch.

The patch tends to fix bugs, and the plugin (aka mod) introduces new content and changes the original.
What, SR changes the plot? Endings? Adds new monsters, quests?

They have different purposes.
Morr, for example, without GFM is utterly buggy. Like Obla without the unofficial patch and F3.

S
Stay Away 4000 08.10.22

the essence is not in the purpose, but in belonging ... the game is governed according to the ideas of people who have nothing to do with the creation ... both there and there ... I don’t understand at all how a sane casual, for whom, in general, calculated, it might come to mind to download some fan patches... and why should he be reproached for not coming... he probably wants to play the game "Piranha", and not some unknown "community "?

ps by the way, judging by the sample of sparkling humor in the form of the quest "where is the guru?", the "community" was not shy ... to create ... well, it's clear that it's impossible to spoil this mess in principle, but the phenomenon itself is unpleasant

I
Innos RULEZ 08.10.22

I CONSIDER GOTHIC 3 BETTER THE FIRST AND SECOND PART!!!!
And all because of its atmosphere ...

V
VaMpiRe 08.10.22

the first impression is the interface. RPGs released in 2000 had this look. This is the first minus. (by the way, in the menu, the bow looks more like a protractor). the second is a HUGE difference from 1.2 Gothic is the combat system. stupidly click on the mouse ... boredom ... and the fact that at the initial level the GG takes out orcs is another novelty that kills interest. the game world is really beautiful, this is probably the most interesting thing in the game.
zy.patch 1.7

s
simple.user 08.10.22

VaMpiRe
I agree with everything except the interface, here, in my opinion, everything is fine.

F
Filis 08.10.22

Personally, I did not have a chance to play normally in the first 2 parts of Gothic. Trite I could not force myself, although I really wanted to. It's just that at first I played the third part, then I already decided to go through the first 2. But the graphics, especially in the first part, just kill me! I understand that it is 9 years old, but when I see the low-poly back of GG, that's it, I can't play. And for some reason it slowed down, the first part (and on 8800 gts!). I believe the fans of the game that the first 2 parts were better, more difficult and more interesting than the notorious 3rd part. But I can't bring myself to play. The game, if with the latest fan patch, turned out to be much more stable, you can play comfortably :). They even fixed the graphics.
And you can only blame the game for being incomplete because of the publisher, JoWood. They wanted to close the quarterly report with a plus, so they threw a raw product on the market, in fact, without a beta test. This is about the technical part. In terms of fascination, I’ll say that the developers from the very beginning did not hide that they wanted to make the third part more accessible to the people, that is, less hardcore (probably at the suggestion of the publisher, he wanted to sell even more boxes with the game). Naturally, the fans of the series did not like it, they were disappointed by the excessive lightness and monotony. And they almost made it! Read the reviews about the game, there are angry ones, but there are also positive ones! Beginners who did not play in the first parts, as well as "casual" G3 liked it! :). And if it were not for the haste of the publisher, it is very likely that Gothic 3 would come out six months later,

s
simple.user 08.10.22

If Gothic 3 came out half a year later, it would have won no less popularity than previous games in the series :))
Nope. Risen was given enough time. Of course, it is almost bug-free (well, Piranhas had very good bug control), but it did not live up to expectations ...

E
El Grando 08.10.22

People, everyone has their own style of passing the game. But in Gothic I don't recognize any cheats. This is my FAVORITE game. and I don’t even dare to call the third part unsuccessful. I personally like the gameplay. I like to look into every corner, under every bush, to kill every animal. steaming type with a minimum level is not for me. What I like about Gothic is its game world, I have never seen anything like this anywhere. now it remains for me to liberate a couple of cities in Varant and kill Zuben himself. and my level is now 80, and I don’t even know what else to upgrade))))))))) I have all three parts on licensed discs, which are now stored in a treasured box that is closed to all others!

V
VenomSRT 08.10.22

I must say right away that I did not play the previous parts, but I played the third 2 years ago, but now I remembered about it and wanted to unsubscribe.
I just love this game! I don't know much about graphics, but I think it's still very good, and then I just admired it. One of my favorite places was a place near the river, there is also a hunters' hut (this is in the Silden area, in my opinion). Looking at the clear water that sparkled under the rays of the sun and lush greenery, I wanted to find myself there.
Then I had a gig of RAM and an 8500GT. Yes, there were brakes, which, as it turned out, were not only due to iron, but this did not prevent me from enjoying the gameplay at all. A rich selection of weapons, armor and all sorts of other items further stimulated the desire to play. In terms of atmosphere, I put this game on a par with Stalker, and as a game I consider it one of the best.

I
Inquvi 08.10.22

01/05/10 00:58
play 1 or 2, you will like it even more!

sabzh
g3 did not really like it because of its colorfulness. For some reason I did not observe the atmosphere (

R
Robin.ru 08.10.22

Recently completed the game for the third time (already with a community patch). To begin with, from the very first seconds of the game you start to think: is it gothic? (those who played the previous parts will understand me...) Firstly, the combat system has degraded, and it has degraded to the level of an action game, in which the priority task is to destroy crowds of enemies. If in the first two parts I could simultaneously cope with a maximum of three orcs (a well-pumped Persian), then here I immediately knocked out, or rather "called out" an entire village of these orcs.
Since the previous goths, the orcs have visibly wised up, bald, and shrunk in size.
The interface has also undergone noticeable changes: multi-colored inscriptions, a separate window for the development of magic, individual remarks of characters are now recorded in the diary ...
And during the voyage, he apparently swayed)) and also went to the barber)
Only one name remained from the gothic atmosphere.
The plot is also not made in the style of its predecessors. The division into chapters was removed, but they gave the player complete freedom, and by the way I liked it, because the plot turned out to be more scattered than in r1 and r2.
I didn’t really like the idea with three endings, again a departure from traditions ...
In general, the game is good, and I really like it, but this is no longer the gothic that I once loved so much ... Moving away from the topic, I’ll say: passing risen I have more associations with the first and second goths than with r3. Let's hope spelbound doesn't end the series completely...

s
stp 08.10.22

Robin.ru
if you played 1.73 with Ab and Aya on a difficult level and were able to "call" the orcs in Ardea the first time, then you are a master, I would like to see