3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 08.10.22 11:41 pm

Impressions of the full game v3

Past topic
129 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bormotun73 08.10.22

about the impression, unfortunately, mostly negative, after the magnificent "Gothic 1; 2" .... "Gothic 3" in fact .... a complete FAILURE, and if you also consider it together with a masterpiece adon, then in general a complete pistor ( (((

D
Dragon Danny 08.10.22

Gothic 3 is simply a masterpiece in the RPG genre. Huge world, hundreds of characters, if not thousands, real world building. That is, there is a south - this is Varant, there is a middle land - this is Mirtana and there is a north - this is Nordmar. It shows good thoughtfulness under the real world. Beautiful and huge forests of Myrtana. The rivers that flow through them. Hills and mountains of Nordmar. Cold and unpredictable. And with poor visibility in heavy snowfall. Which looks very realistic. Quicksands of Varant. Ruins, temples, excavations. All of this is incredibly realistic. The strongholds and cities of Myrtana are blinding. The cities were well developed. As well as their surroundings. Nordmar has been worked out with a number of hunters, mines, tombs and other things. Varant was worked out by oases, as in a real desert. But each area has its own monster, animal or creature. Myrtana is full of wolves, snappers, obscurantists, boars, goblins and the rest. Nordmar is filled with wolves, goblins, bison, ice golems and more. And Varant is stuffed with lions, lizards, zombies, skeletons, sandstones and others. I even think that if you continue to write about bugs and shortcomings, it's not worth it. Because if we compare the amount of correct work of developers and underachievers, it becomes obvious that the developers did their best. And we can have a good time in the world of Gothic 3. that the developers did their best. And we can have a good time in the world of Gothic 3. that the developers did their best. And we can have a good time in the world of Gothic 3.

P
PrestoBlack 08.10.22

And here's what I'll say - the third part is even better than the first two gothic, namely, the world. Not only is he handsome, he also "lives". And of course, music =). Just the joy of an aesthete. This is how to wander through the sunny forest, and then chat with merchants in the deserts of Varant.

The only thing is the notorious minimalism of the Varanta "village". Even Bakares is ridiculous in size, not to mention such "two houses with a cross" like Lago.
It will be necessary to replay, of course, in the first two parts, but ... during the passage of the third, I did not have any thoughts about the RPG component, because the atmosphere ... And in general it was done with love, it is clear that in memory of a young employee who died .

J
Just like old times 08.10.22

A masterpiece, despite bugs and similar unpleasant moments)
A huge free non-linear world, a lot of characters, a lot of quests, a gorgeous soundtrack, Kai Rosenkratz best of the best, the graphics at the maximum are quite decent, uhh, I killed several weeks to pass and I don’t regret a few )
10/10

F
Forty two 08.10.22

Hmm. Finally, after 3 years I was able to complete the game normally, only with a 1 gig patch, an alternative balance, you enjoy the passage. Yes, the combat is not very happy, the reputation system is stupid, but the main thing is that you LIVE in this world, there is no feeling of artificiality, observation from the outside, you can sit down to play for an hour and return to the real world only after 4 hours, because I wonder what will happen next. The soundtrack is amazing, the graphics (now at least it doesn’t slow down) are on the level. If the game at the time of release looked like with SR 1.7, I would forgive everything.

m
mifora 08.10.22

takoeb wrote about Akella
))
gothic 3 - the last gothic

I never thought that I would say so ...
but after her addon (the Indian miracle) and, especially, after 4th type of gothic ... she is a masterpiece of the century ..... 4000 BC of course)
for troll-like - not graphics made gothic cult))

J
Jess Shepard 08.10.22

I played Gothic for everything but the plot. I don't even remember this episode! But this did not stop me from living there a whole life for the nameless GG. Learn from the masters, explore the vast and beautiful world with trepidation, enjoy the gradual growth of the hero. My plot ended on Kapdun, then I lost the thread altogether))
But what feelings do you experience from exploring the world! Yes, there are not even slightly similar locations, there are so many quests that there is no time at all before the plot, there are so many different living creatures, there are so many wolves of different colors)

Let me copy-paste myself:
The world of Gothic is always interesting to explore, there is such an atmosphere and deepening into what is happening that you simply penetrate the world, live there for a while. You walk around the map, green and "naked", and around - wild boars, shnygi, ogres, damn it!) And you are sideways, but you want to get further along the map, to some city ... all of a sudden there's a lot of gold and there will be weapons?) And snooping at night - what a charm! Focusing on martial music)) And looking at the stunning beauty of the environment - the moon, clouds, a pack of wolves, and somewhere in the distance - fire. Phew, so there's a hunter nearby. You can fry the meat of freshly cut shnyg or even sleep, replenishing your strength. And the music! Words cannot describe the atmosphere it creates. Night, everyone is sleeping, and you are sitting in headphones exploring that beautiful and dangerous world... The only thing my sadness is about is that

There are, of course, disadvantages. Uncomfortable combat system, nonsense ala taking over the city with the forces of one person [me)))], not very interesting main plot, scary faces :)), lots of bugs... But for me this is nothing compared to the merits of the game.

I was most shocked by the destroyed Vengard and Gotha, the castle with the demon. To go nuts how scary it is to walk there at night: it’s dark around, and the lights are on in the castle. It seems: after all, everyone is dead there, so why is the fire burning? And goosebumps... So I had to lure that demon into the orcs, because he laid Gorn and me on the shoulder blades... Then I so wanted to see the rebuilt Gotha... as well as Vengard. When I saw this amazing purple radiance - a protective dome over Vengard - I generally ran around it in awe) One must come up with such a beauty! And the drawing of the smallest blades of grass, each small cloud... is wonderful.
Liked the north too. It's cold, the music is so atmospheric, you stomp to the good old Xardas... I was ready to strangle him after the way to him) It's so nice to finally reach the settlement where you can almost calmly rest without fear of attack. Hmmm, everything is awesome.

F
FOV 08.10.22

I played Gothic for everything but the plot.
And I just played for the sake of the story. But the perception of it came only later, after the passage. When you start to wonder if all those who made the history of that world did the right thing. What choice to accept GG - to support one of the gods or leave, leaving the world in the hands of mortals? Should Xardas have enlisted the orcs in his search after so many lives had been lost in the war? Was it necessary for Lee to cherish the thought of revenge on Robar for so long? Are the paladins worthy of granting them the power of Innos again, returning the 12 bowls? Therefore, the language does not dare to call "Gothic 3" SPGS - rather, really deep in its form of presentation of the plot. But I can't help but admit that canonical chaptering would only benefit the game.

The world of Gothic is always interesting to explore, there is such an atmosphere and deepening into what is happening that you simply penetrate the world, live there for a while.
The world of "Gothic 3" always showed one thing: despite the fact that there is a war, nature continues to live on, heals its wounds, revives life. The beautiful landscapes, backed up by the music of KaiRo, contrast so much with the destroyed cities that you involuntarily wonder - what was this war for?

The only thing my sadness is about is that there were no worthy partners for the GG and no ...
Unfortunately, the most normal AI for friends was in the first part. They performed exactly their role (whether it was "tanking" snappers with Gorn or distracting the troll from Diego's bow), "knew" that a couple of random hits on them were really random, supported them in fights in the camps, had their own personality. And the third ... Well, sadly (

I was most shocked by the destroyed Vengard and Gotha, the castle with the demon.
Vengard... At that time I had only 512 MB of RAM, so the game would freeze when teleporting there. Then I went and bought myself an extra gig block, launched the game, activated the stone, drew... and almost cried. The ruined temple of the once most beautiful city of Myrtana, in which the defenders are cut off from the rest; demolished and burning houses almost to the ground; fragments of buildings, siege debris, hopelessness in dialogues with NPCs, making their way to the depths of "Sad strings" - this is the price that people have to pay for the confrontation of the gods.

In principle, from the outside it is called "fanatical snot of a fanatical fan of the game." However, I still consider the Gothic series as an example of how the storyline (the first two parts) and the game itself (all three) should be presented to the player. I don't even take into account any "Rejected bugs" and "Arcania".

J
Jess Shepard 08.10.22

In principle, from the outside it is called "fanatical snot of a fanatical fan of the game." However, I still consider the Gothic series as an example of how the storyline (the first two parts) and the game itself (all three) should be presented to the player. I don't even take into account any "Rejected bugs" and "Arcania".
Allow me to let the "fanatical snot of a fanatical fan of the game" with you))

Vengard is really a laceration, radiating pain and tragedy of Myrtana. A beautiful city, razed to ruins... a few desperately defending people... I remember diligently collecting and buying saws, picks and hammers, all hoping that the city would really be restored. But alas. Sad picture.

They performed exactly their role (whether it was "tanking" snappers with Gorn or distracting the troll from Diego's bow), "knew" that a couple of random hits on them were really random, supported them in fights in the camps, had their own personality.
And how could it be possible to deprive us [fans] of this? ((Really sad.

And I just played for the sake of the plot.
Yes? Perhaps because I only know the 3rd Gothic well. It is unforgivable, of course, that I was in the previous two I practically didn’t play, so I urgently need to fill this gap after the session)

The world of Gothic 3 always showed one thing: despite the fact that there is a war, nature continues to live on, heals its wounds, revives life.
Indeed, nature in Gothic is a single whole, like a living organism, a third party in the confrontation of intelligent beings. So, in G3, I almost didn’t notice the plot (While I got to the next point in the plot, I was dragged into some side quests, other, non-plot cities, and then I just wandered around, clearing the area from biters and looking for chests, let there be things I didn't need.I stared at the surroundings, swam away in armor / robes to the middle of the river from the trolls, at night I crept past sleeping boars to the cherished city. This is the only game where I was almost indifferent to the plot. Details were important to me. Every little thing A flower of a medicinal plant hidden in the bushes, a herd of neutral-friendly buffaloes that I ran with, the barely visible vaults of the entrance to the cave with tons of lizards and trolls, a blood trail, left behind by the obscurantist and his victim, and my favorite sight is the bonfire in the night, a small luminous orange dot somewhere far away, under the hill... promising so much: warmth, light, fried meat, and if you're lucky, even a living soul nearby some hunter. A long-awaited shelter for a strong and brave, but lonely hero-wanderer.

And sometimes you wake up in the morning in some town, and it’s cloudy outside, fog, and the rain is so tirelessly noisy ... and you don’t want to go anywhere, and you don’t need to kill anyone today. And then I go to bed again) It's a pity, you can only sleep in armor / mantle.
The moon is also very beautiful, even believable. You will get lost like this at night in the ruins or in a dense forest, and it illuminates everything around, betraying enemies, not allowing them to go unnoticed. Although when the clouds are already running, you can’t walk here, you have to go to sleep until the morning.

In general, there I, one might say, lived a whole virtual life) And I can talk about it for hours ...

o
oleg RTW 08.10.22

Gothic 3
started the game - it dragged on with my head, I didn’t pay attention to glitches and bugs in the first days I played constantly
The game pleasantly surprised me with graphics, an interesting plot in general, I liked everything except (technical glitches and bugs) if I were a developer I did much better at that time when it came out, it was a very interesting game for me

F
FOV 08.10.22

If I were a developer, I would have done much better.
I love such phrases)

By the way, one more thing that I didn’t like: GG became too eager to punch taciturn people in the mouth. It may be true - war, harsh times ... But, on the other hand, even during the state of siege in Minental, he did not allow himself such a thing.

K
Kolya 08.10.22

God I can't believe how good G3 is after Arcania! A masterpiece! Graphics are a separate issue in general. I don’t know a single game 5 years ago that would look like this! What grass in the game and water! .The world is alive, not dead as in Arcania. And there is generally no identical person in appearance (those NPCs who have names) in Risen and in Arcania it was terribly infuriating, as if they were all identical twins))

K
Kalter-312 08.10.22

Oddly enough, I like her, because it was from her that I got acquainted with the RPG genre

_
_Lord_ 08.10.22

The Lonely Wanderer 2282
Of course, the work of the Piranhas over 3.5 years on the project did not give bad results) Gothic 3 is still one of the best RPGs to date. But by right, according to the Piranhas themselves, Gothic 2 Night of the Raven remains their best game from the world of Gothic.

D
DeDok-rus 08.10.22

Well, I went through the entire Gothic 3 for Innos.
I'll write everything I think about her point by point:

Negative reviews:
1. Terrible non-linearity because of which simply "dazzle". I just ran through half the game doing some left quests that I don’t need to hell with, which I didn’t like terribly.
2. Few girls! Of course, I know, it’s trite, but still, without them, the atmosphere of the game is somehow not the same, something is missing, and even then people look somehow blue. There are 10-15 women in the whole Mirtana.
3. I reviewed the rest of the Gothic endings and realized that it was pointless to play for another God (except Innos), so the endings, such a feeling appeared, were not completed. I will not discuss each of them, it will take a lot of time.
4. I did not like much that it was impossible (in fact, as in the first 2 parts) to join anyone. So our GG ran homeless.

Positives:
1. Well, of course, I am a great fan of Gothic and any of its sequels and addons are always interesting for me, so the game to some extent pleased me with a very large world, which I lacked in the last 2. (Well, if you throw out add-ons, such as (in Gothic 2): night of the raven, return, and talk about pure Gothic, I’m generally silent about the first, you won’t go beyond the barrier).
2. To summarize and remove the first point of my negative review, I liked the plot itself. But again, the game, as for me, is for a maximum of 1-2 weeks, then it will get boring.
3. A huge amount of new equipment, shields finally appeared, I dreamed about them for a long time. Interesting "gadgets" to weapons that pleased me.
4. The capture of cities is generally the greatest happiness for me.

Conclusion: I liked Gothic 3, but all its little flaws accumulate in a big lump and some are taken out. To speak for myself - I expected better from her. Now I will go through G4, let's see what happens there.

Maybe you have some other reviews, write, it will be interesting to read your opinions.

PS: Sorry for the grammatical and spelling mistakes, which are in bulk here, I wanted to share my opinion, and not my knowledge of the Russian language, which is lame.

A
Argonatika 08.10.22

I went for Innos and Beliar, and I honestly want to say that these endings are not very different, which again indicates that these endings were added for freedom of choice. But this "freedom" significantly spoiled the game...
I do not know, but in spite of everything, I liked the game; personally, I have been sticking to this game for more than a year, you can always play in a new way (for example, try to pass for the assassins, and then betray them :) Pluses: glitches uplifting; a lot of tasks; even more realistic monsters :) cons: glitches spoiling the mood; the fact that everyone needs to be killed (I really don’t like to do this); and probably the fact that this is the game that closes the trilogy :( The creation of the Hindus cannot be considered a continuation of the series. Forsaken gods, probably the most terrible thing I've ever seen. Under the fresh impression of the addon, I'm even afraid to start Arcania! I'd rather go for Xardas pass :)

D
DeDok-rus 08.10.22

Today I sat and looked at the G4 reviewers, even all the desire to play has passed, apparently in the furnace ...
Well, that's not what I'm talking about. I will probably also pass for mercenaries in a new way, yet if this "great" non-linearity is given, we will use it to the fullest. I'll try to play for the line of magicians, it will be interesting to try. I'll post my opinion here later.

T
Tony Quick 08.10.22

And I really liked the 3rd one, although at the time of its release it was terribly unfinished and many threw stones in its direction ...

D
DeDok-rus 08.10.22

At the time of release, probably fortunately, my computer did not pull it :)

D
DeDok-rus 08.10.22

Today I started playing for mercenaries. Well, well ... Not much more interesting, but I don’t really want to go through it a second time, anyway, I know how to go through most of the quests and it gets annoying. But: there are also new quests that I have not taken before, but they turn out to be interesting.
Conclusion: In G3, you can replay it 3 times, but not more, and each time it will bother you more and more :)
This is my personal opinion :)