3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mind_Flow 21.10.22 11:09 am

Game optimization (A Plague Tale: Requiem)

Game optimization discussion, if you know some secret or way to improve the game - share it. If you have any problem - create a separate topic on the forum, and do not produce questions in this thread, please.
139 Comments
Sort by:
S
SkrepcheZaVR 21.10.22

Kartonkratos
Well, yes, video of 1 location, then the first 10 minutes of the game .. and then why didn’t they show it? What would not see the normal optimization. All as I said 60-80!

S
SkrepcheZaVR 21.10.22

d
denis-gilmanov 21.10.22

In short, the developers have made Scaling approximately 1.20x and the picture not only twitches, it also eats FPS. For those who have a game running at 30-40 frames, feel free to set the image scale to 80%. And believe me, I checked in Nvidia ICAT. There is no difference in picture quality, but the increase is decent. And for greater image clarity, you can turn on the sharpness in the NVIDIA panel. And in general, further down the story, such large locations as at the beginning no longer came across and the frame rate on my GTX 1070 keeps around 50 FPS on auto (High, 80% Scale).

L
LeeonChik 21.10.22

Mind_Flow Resolution
scale: output to 100%.
Display mode: full screen.
NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution: quality. After starting the game, you will find a slight blur, but the setting itself, set in this way, will give a significant performance boost.
Motion Blur: Disable.
Chromatic aberrations: disable.
Draw Distance: Medium or Low. High draw distance eats up FPS, so it's important to choose a more sparing choice.
Shadow maps: low.
Volumetric lighting: the best option is medium.
Ambient Shading: Medium.
Depth of field of view: high.
Contact Shadows: Medium.
Light shafts: low.
Local reflections: medium.
Texture quality: low or medium.

B
BLATNOY1 21.10.22

SkrepcheZaVR
What is normal human optimization? rtx 3070 with r5 5600x fps jumps from 50 to 70. I understand if the graphics have improved noticeably since the first part, but it's not!

S
SkrepcheZaVR 21.10.22

BLATNOY1
And why can't you play? This is not 20 fps with lags))
Quite good for itself ... patches will be corrected as usual.

K
Kostet09 21.10.22

ZeroCry
Memory is naughty, check the event notebook and look for errors there

K
Kostet09 21.10.22

SkrepcheZaVR
For g sync should be at least 60fps, playing with lags is such an occupation

D
Dakini 21.10.22

I don’t know how the optimization is, I just started the second act, but the picture is excellent even at the minimum settings. And there is a lack of Russian voice acting

D
Denis Kyokushin 21.10.22

SkrepcheZaVR
If on the screen 14GB of RAM is physical memory, and you start the game somewhere with 9 GB, then the game has a fat memory leak

P
Palych Rokov 21.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
Not necessarily, the amount of data during the gameplay, given the open world, can increase, a memory leak is when the longer you play, the more it devours and does not reach a certain limit, but everything eats and eats RAM no matter how much you have it. For a gaming computer, a long time ago, memory should be at least 32GB in order not to pay attention to its consumption

P
Palych Rokov 21.10.22

Of course, the graphics in the game are cool, but 55-70 fps at the very beginning at 1440p at 6900xt is not happy, about 4k it’s even out of the question if they don’t add fsr, on weaker cards only 1080p. The game was probably made for growth and it will need 4090 or 7900xt. The first part in 4k didn’t drop below 80fps on my ultras, and at the same time in 4k there havalo around 3.5GB. Here, too, at 1440r on ultras in the region of 4.5GB of video memory eats

D
Denis Kyokushin 21.10.22

Palych Rokov
No one uploads tests with a dedicated line. Therefore, it is not known how much it leaks

3Dionis 21.10.22

Yes, it's sort of an optimization. At 2700 rtx at high 1080p it goes under 60 fps with rare drawdowns up to 53-55.
The picture pleases.

l
lapwing mouse 21.10.22

The game in the trash along the way is demanding. On 3090 you can only play 1440r. At higher resolutions, you will need productive solutions in the form of a new generation of top cards:

3090, this is already an average category of cards, compared with 4080 and higher.

S
SkrepcheZaVR 21.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
Yes, physical, 32 in total This is about an hour of play, Nothing leaks and even decreases. Starts at 14 and keeps going

T
TopPCGamer 21.10.22

SkrepcheZaVR wrote:
Nothing leaks and even decreases. It starts from 14 and keeps up.
This indicates that there is no memory leak, but just such resource consumption, games on the UE5 engine will require 32GB in the minimum, judging by the demos. So systems with 16GB of opera - come on, goodbye

S
SkrepcheZaVR 21.10.22

TopPCGamer
well, for UE5, yes, I agree everything will grow many times there) and 32 RAM and in the flow of processor and card power. Who is now 60 a little used to 100+ will have to get used to the console 30)) Or update the Bakery!

L
Lex one 21.10.22

Vvvvd
6 Will it work?

K
KPAHbl4 21.10.22

SkrepcheZaVR is a
liar))