3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mind_Flow 21.10.22 11:09 am

Game optimization (A Plague Tale: Requiem)

Game optimization discussion, if you know some secret or way to improve the game - share it. If you have any problem - create a separate topic on the forum, and do not produce questions in this thread, please.
139 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zero Cry 29.10.22

Maybe it will help someone, I had constant unreasonable crashes from the game on any settings, although the configuration is suitable for ultra (ryzen 5 5600x, RTX 3080ti, 32gb). I turned on the XMP profile in the BIOS and that's it, not a single crash, everything works on ultra, the video card stopped taking off during the game😀

P
Palych Rokov 29.10.22

Kartonkratos wrote:
even if my 2070 super lacks a ryzen 2700x, then even more so for him.
my 5960x loads 6900xt, and you say that your ryzen 2700 is not enough for 2070s, despite the fact that 2070s is a very weak card

K
Kartonkratos 29.10.22

Palych Rokov
So your percent will be better than mine! in amd processors good went with ryzen 3000 series! and 1000 and 2000 did not come out very well, and the fact that mine has 8 cores and 16 threads does not mean anything! because the cores themselves are weak, that's why in games with processor dependence or when you turn on dlss, the card is not loaded or sometimes not loaded.
And the ryzen 2600 is just the bottom for the 3070!

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Kartonkratos wrote:
So your percent will be better than mine! in amd processors good went with ryzen 3000 series! and 1000 and 2000 did not come out very well, and the fact that mine has 8 cores and 16 threads does not mean anything! because the cores themselves are weak, that's why in games with processor dependence or when you turn on dlss, the card is not loaded or sometimes not loaded.
I checked on the very first version of the game, where there was resolution scaling, so if I set the scale to 30% in 4k, then I could have 130-140 frames / s, i.e. this is the level that my percentage maximum in this game can provide. My processor has a huge overclocking potential and it's especially nice to look at ridiculous temperatures even in overclocking, in games up to 45c
Kartonkratos wrote:
A ryzen 2600 is just the bottom for a 3070!
Yes, the second series of ryzeno, in principle, came out, and the first generation was completely bottomless, in fact, the 5000th series of Ryazan rules, they squeezed the maximum out of the architecture and eliminated all jambs with a large cache, 5800x3d is one of the best gaming protsaks today

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

The game was patched to version 1.03, instead of scaling in percentages, they made types of upscale, but it goes somewhere along the way. Even in balance mode, it does not look much worse than the native

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.11.22

Optimization is a real shit, I didn’t even shoot the vidos. As I launched it, I looked and closed it and deleted it on the very first frames.

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Denis Kyokushin
Normal optimization, the game has graphics, so the requirements are considerable, and in your case, sitting at px 580, waiting for optimization is basically stupid, in this game at the minimum you will have 30-40 frames at best

K
Kartonkratos 16.11.22

Palych Rokov
The funny thing is that my percent was covered a week after my last comment! well, it’s good that the guarantee was still valid and passed it, but they still check, of course, and it’s not a fact that they will change it or return the money? but I took 3700x as a replacement, everything began to work much better with it! and if the old one is returned with money, it will be fine, but if not, then I will put it up for sale, so in general it is a worker, only it seems to be in conflict with the motherboard or something? because I had problems with him two years ago! the computer just went into a constant reboot, I already installed different firmware on the BIOS and only then it worked normally, but then after half a year or less it all happened again! and this happened just when you are on the desktop or when you are sitting on the Internet! and it was still flowers! because it just rebooted and then it works without interruption, but when you reinstall Windows, everything starts to be a complete tin, Windows seems to be installed, but the code already needs to be installed before installing the components and updates for it, then the whole reboot starts and you can’t get to the desktop, only with some hundredth sample it can work out and then you can use it again, and so I suffered with it for two years! and I handed it over to service centers several times, but they couldn’t understand what the reason was, but recently I handed it over to a friend who keeps a computer store, he inserted just a new percentage that I now use, and everything worked with him as expected! only with some hundredth sample there can it work out and then you can use it again, and so I suffered with it for two years! and I handed it over to service centers several times, but they couldn’t understand what the reason was, but recently I handed it over to a friend who keeps a computer store, he inserted just a new percentage that I now use, and everything worked with him as expected! only with some hundredth sample there can it work out and then you can use it again, and so I suffered with it for two years! and I handed it over to service centers several times, but they couldn’t understand what the reason was, but recently I handed it over to a friend who keeps a computer store, he inserted just a new percentage that I now use, and everything worked with him as expected!

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.11.22

Palych Rokov
If this game does not have double shadows, reflections in windows / mirrors / water, then the graphics are also shit, because its gluttony rests on excessively bright lighting and dark shadows. By the way, are there any shadows from the grass? Rain falls on the Persians? Smoke from the fire? Are there traces in the mud?

L
Loken 16.11.22

Yes, the first part was also demanding for its time. In locales with a lot of greenery, the vidyukha strained normally like this.

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Denis Kyokushin
Visually, especially in 4k, the game looks gorgeous, there are shadows, the fire is drawn superbly, the rain is also coolly drawn, there are no reflections, because in the game there are no locations with mirrors and water, in principle, or rather, it is there, but you can’t enter it . And who needs double shadows at all. While you are sitting on your bottom map, a bunch of cool games will pass you by, and you will waste time on some dull shit like the first shit

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Kartonkratos wrote:
but I took 3700x as a replacement, everything works much better with it!
I would already take the 5000th series, what's the point of these 3700s?

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.11.22

Palych Rokov
Games are not going anywhere, this is not food in the refrigerator, they will not go
bad you will go, and in 20 years - a pension. You will pick up your child from school as a grandfather. And the older you get, the more difficult it will be to get up to the children + the more likely it is that the children will be sick. Your sidekick, Serenka, a late child. Ask at your leisure about his bouquet of sores. Your clock is ticking, you need to think about this, and not about a piece of plastic. The human body begins to rebuild after 35 years, you are already 5 years late
Offhand: our first child slept through the night (until 5:30 in the morning) after 7 months. The baby eats 30 ml of the mixture for 40 minutes every 2.5 hours. So go ahead and with the song)

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Denis Kyokushin
And what else can you do besides whittling children? You’d better get on your feet first, and then planed) Horses die from work, and you plow for three kopecks, so you can’t make it to retirement, and there will be a pension or not, it’s still a question, the retirement age will be raised a couple of times and plow for now don't move horses)

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.11.22

Palych Rokov
They not only need to be "cut", they need to be supported, educated, taught and treated. You are 40 years old, and you talk like a dumb youngster. And you also need to take them to the south. And this is all money, not your rotten cards I need to change a couple of years for maximum speed. When I was collecting my eldest son in the first class, 40k flew away from me. Here’s three kopecks for you, bl @ t. For one trip to the south, 200k flew away only on the way, and you are here with your cards, you bohach x_ev🤦‍♂️. Your navel will be untied to pull out a family of 4 people alone. smoke in the ass: only video cards and games for which you don’t have time due to your work. So you will die alone as an unnecessary old man. But there will be a fat card in your hands
Games are not the most important thing, they are just an excuse to spend your free time as entertainment. The main thing is your closest people who really need you. If there are none, your life is empty and useless

l
lapwing mouse 16.11.22

It all comes down to money and time. There is money, you can afford an expensive card to play comfortably in all the new items. There is time, you can sit at the computer for a certain time without harm and damage in the eyes of the family.☝️

P
Palych Rokov 16.11.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
They not only need to be "cut", they need to be supported, educated, taught and treated. You are 40 years old, and you talk like a dumb youngster. And it's all money, not your rotten cards to buy, what to change in a couple of years I need it for maximum speed. When I was collecting my eldest son in the first class, 40k flew away from me. Here’s three kopecks for you, bl @ t. to the south 200k flew only on the way, and you are here with your cards you @ happen, bohach x_ev
Spoiler You are so stupid that you didn’t even get a taste of what I mean and you don’t understand why everything is so bad and tight for you. I live with a heifer and help my old people, I also ride on holidays and buy cards. I was just always surprised by people who, before doing it, do not think with their heads, but incomprehensibly what. I’m not against children, children are normal, but ... you need to start them only when you can pull them out, and even more so, if everything is so bad that you pull one with difficulty, then you shouldn’t even think about starting a second one. You must first reach the level when you can normally provide, and then start so that the child grows in comfort, and not in a deficit of everything and everything. A child, he doesn’t understand why someone has something, but he doesn’t, I’m not even talking about a computer, a computer is a flashlight, it costs a penny, and you can live without it, in general. But you, of course, have done it once,

D
Denis Kyokushin 16.11.22

Palych Rokov
I’m watching how you reach the “tops” 🤣. Soon the eggs will be covered with gray hair, and you will still achieve something in order to buy another “lantern”.

B
Braun Fuhrer 20.01.23

Colleagues, greetings!) I changed the vidyuhi to RTX 3070 Ti and, of course, did undervolting, tested it on Forza on ultras in 2K, everything is fine, the card eats 200-plus watts, I go into A Plague Tale Requiem on the same profile with undervolting in the afterburner zhor exceeds 260 watts, although the monitoring voltage is reduced as it should be. Of course, I understand that this is a piece of unoptimized code, but I'm just wondering what the problem might be, maybe someone has come across a similar one?

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Braun Fuhrer
In other games, test it. In some it will be full to eat, in some less