3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Kyokushin 25.10.22 11:32 am

Game optimization (Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Game on HDD.OS Win 10 x64.Paging file of choice system.optimal settings for RX588.
Config: GA-AX370 Gaming K3,Ryzen 5 3600X,DDR4 16GB 3200MHz
Adrenaline Driver 22.10.2
118 Comments
Sort by:
P
Palych Rokov 25.10.22

The optimization in the game is quite excellent, especially considering that this is a port. A lot only eats memory and there may be a leak

3Dionis 25.10.22

Microfreezes in the game all the time. Regardless of the settings. Has anyone come across?

A
Apliroot 25.10.22

3Dionis
If it is a question of "rotation" of the camera around the character, that is. And fps at the same time for 100 and above. Played with different settings, did not help.

3Dionis 25.10.22

Apliroot
Not only when rotating the camera. The settings don't help at all.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

3Dionis
Apliroot
try limiting fps. I also understand that there is no GPU fullscreen with the desktop turned off, so vertical synchronization may not work.

b
bob-ttz 25.10.22

MunchkiN 616
Restrictions don't help, I average about 100 fps, but even with a lock of 60 there are constant micro drawdowns. Smooth fps only if you limit it to 30, but playing like that is wild

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.10.22

bob-ttz
Win what?

b
bob-ttz 25.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
10, 21H2 19044.2130

M
Mr_Dude090 29.10.22

3Dionis wrote:
Microfreezes are constantly in the game. Regardless of the settings. Has anyone come across?
It's possible that the microfreezes might be related due to "Creating Shaders". Were they loaded up to 100%?

Z
Zorianin 29.10.22

Generally misunderstandings with optimization. I'm playing with a 30fps lock on an i5-8500/GTX 1650 Super/16Gb DDR4, all settings are on High. After some time, the fps starts to drop steadily up to 16, and not necessarily in "difficult" scenes. Solved by turning textures on "Medium". It would be possible to beat on the lack of video memory (4 GB), but according to tests on YouTube on the same card, such drawdowns are not observed + in the recommended requirements for 1080p / High / 30fps, a video card with 4 gigabytes of memory (RX570), so it should work norms. ..

D
Denis Kyokushin 29.10.22

Zorianin
My video memory game ate over 6500MB

K
Kartman9 29.10.22

Gtx 1050ti, i3 4170, ddr3 16gb, at the lowest settings with fsr quality, a full hd TV fps up to 30 sags especially in the city among a large crowd. I noticed this, I recently increased the system cache and in the very first missions every ten minutes the shaders were loaded and there were memory drawdowns, I returned the system cache to the registry editor as it should, now I enjoy the game, yes, at low settings, but it doesn’t load shaders every ten minutes and does not leak memory

Z
Zorianin 29.10.22

Denis Kyokushin
is not the point. People manage to play on a map with 4 gigs on Ultra textures (unless they're lying, of course). There is clearly something else here. Plus, as I wrote above, the official requirements for high settings include a card with 4 gigs.

PS On another forum, they suggest that it is possible that there are not enough threads on the process (six). In principle, this may be the reason.

T
TopPCGamer 29.10.22

Kartman9
Throw away the 1050ti, it's not a gaming card, but a gag for the slot
Zorianin wrote:
+ in the recommended requirements for 1080p/High/30fps, a video card with 4 gigabytes of memory (RX570), so it should work normally ...
The requirements are written thoughtlessly and they are torn off from reality, especially when it comes to a mega cool AAA-level toy, you need to turn on the logic. They wrote you px570, think for yourself whether this miserable shit can pull such a game? For this toy, in order to have a stable 60 fps, you need a 3070ti / 6700xt level card at least

T
TopPCGamer 29.10.22

The memory leak bothers me more, in the 4th part I sometimes have 80GB of RAM, it's clear that the leak

M
MunchkiN 616 29.10.22

TopPCGamer wrote:
For this toy to get stable 60 fps, you need a 3070ti/6700xt level card, at least the
recommended requirements are not necessarily the maximum. Rather, it is what these average settings are.
then this game was released on the consoles of the previous generation, and if it has not undergone profound changes, what other 3070 ti? for high settings and some additional features if they are implemented - yes, quite.
60 fps if it talks about fps, though, this is a slightly different story and it can pull not only the video card behind it, and there the load on the system can increase hyperbolically.

Zorianin
yeah, that's not the point. People manage to play on a map with 4 gigs on Ultra textures (unless they're lying, of course). There is clearly something else here. Plus, as I wrote above, the official requirements for high settings include a card with 4 gigs.

PS On another forum, they suggest that it is possible that there are not enough threads on the process (six). In principle, this may be the reason.

like it was a watchdogs game, it required 3gb. and I had a video card 690 which has 2 GB. and mathematical power, as it were, was enough for me, but it was not enough for textures. Ira worked with them disgustingly.
and on the forum one friend posted a video to me where the 680 copes quite well with the game, despite the fact that it should also have a memory deficit.
another comrade claimed that the 690 copes well with fallout 4 and the additions are simple and it all depends on the throughput. I was interested in mine that this card will cope on a powerful platform because I had a weak and worthless yes laziness like that.
and many games had this problem.
there could be a bunch of reasons. one of them is the bandwidth of the leading bus and more frequent downloads and uploads of data throughout the system. The processor cores themselves have little to decide here if there is no multi-threaded data streaming in the world.
therefore, it is better not to do brains and have vram, ram and swap file more than the game can basically use. Then there will be pure performance. Well, either agreed with some inconvenience.

T
TopPCGamer 29.10.22

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
as it was a watchdogs game, it required 3GB.
Watchdogs was unplayable on gtx 780ti, I later changed it to 1080ti, as soon as it came out, it was normal in 1440p, it was not enough for 4k 1080ti

Z
Zorianin 29.10.22

TopPCGamer wrote:
For this toy to have a stable 60 fps, you need a 3070ti/6700xt level card, at least
60 fps, we're talking about 30)))

V
VHI 29.10.22

3Dionis
Can disable vert. synchronization

V
VHI 29.10.22

3Dionis
Try, where only it is possible to expose "productivity" to a place of "quality". I have no friezes with 8 gigs of RAM, I set DLSS to performance. Maybe turn off the turbo mode of the processor.