3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 20.01.23 01:38 pm

Your feedback and reviews for the game (The Callisto Protocol)

Share your feedback on the game. This is not a topic for discussing the game - here you need to write only your personal impressions of the game.
104 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nanwea 20.01.23

A dull game, it seems beautiful but so boring and dull, the plot is gray mediocrity...

E
El_Trolo 20.01.23

awareness of greatness
It does not squander, but locks the frame rate at the level set in the game of your choice, or at the number of hertz of your monitor and synchronizes the picture displayed on the screen, removing gaps in frames. Without it, there will be a torn image horizontally when turning the camera and sometimes when moving. Plus, if your system can produce from 80 to 100+ frames in different scenes, then the standard lock frame rate of 60/75 or more frames with vertical will not only remove gaps in the image, but also set a stable frame rate bar, which will be much better than if the fps constantly jumps in scenes of different complexity from 80 to 120, adding not only a feeling of gameplay instability, but also a floating response time at different framerate values. If anything, in the settings of the video card driver, you can configure the operation of vertical synchronization as follows:

D
DEDGAMER 20.01.23

I passed this mountain protocol, the game is good, but besides optimization, I didn’t like the most important system of evasions, the difficulty of passing even at an average level, you won’t be able to walk easily in the game, you will puff and burn, and the reasons lie in small things - VERY LONG RELOAD, VERY LONG REPLENISH HEALTH, there are also few cartridges, credits, the upgrade is useless, so I had to resort to the help of a trainer. But in general, if the game is finalized, they make an analysis of the errors, take into account the opinions of the players, maybe in the future a normal continuation will come out, the game has potential, the genre is excellent , let's see.

W
Wintoni 20.01.23

I liked the game in general. not up to Dead Space, but still very good.
I was more disappointed here by the fact that you still can’t get credits for the entire game, searching every corner. That is, I didn’t even have enough to pump everything. I have two guns and remained completely untouched. Is it like that for everyone?

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

Vintoni wrote:
Is it like this for everyone?
Yeah. For both passages (on medium and difficult), each time I pumped to the maximum only a glove and a killing stick, as well as half of some of the necessary guns. And this despite the fact that he was rummaging through all the corners, selling extra stacks of cartridges and first-aid kits, sometimes even to his own detriment, because I wanted to get some upgrades early.
It is clear that this was done for the atmosphere of survival horror, where resources are limited and you need to choose what is more important for you to upgrade, but the new game+, which, unfortunately, will be added later, could fix the situation with the lack of download.
In fairness, I’ll say that I didn’t manage to pump everything in one run either in evil within 2, or in all grandfather spaces, but on ng + I played them to holes, but here, alas, I have to wait ...
Well, or at the beginning of the game, use a cheat for money, so as not to bathe later)

b
bwana tomatto 20.01.23

Great game, really awesome. Similar pleasure from and games was during the passage of Doom3 and Dead Space 1.2. Card 3070 and percent 11700, on the second day I started the game and there were stable fps and no drawdowns or friezes on the ultra preset settings.

I wanted to get exactly Dead Space from the creator of Dead Space, and I don’t need any newfangled experiments on players to introduce open worlds and towers and blah blah. Nifig I do not need a copious amount of unmemorable gray and worthless NPCs. Nafig I don't need quests, bring it.

I got everything I wanted. It can be seen that they took the best of Dead Space - dismemberment, dark gloomy corridors, suspense driven by music, excellent weapon sensitivity, flying in the atmosphere in a spacesuit, dodging flying ruins of buildings, the main character recalled the best emotional moment from the Dead Space series with the last trick. It can be seen that they took the best and used it in the new game as best they could.

The gameplay is varied, many times better than in Dead Space. Do you want stealth? - on stealth Do you want to beat with a baton? - On a baton. Do you want to shoot your legs with a shotgun? - on those shotgun and legs. Do you want to throw enemies into the walls with a power glove? - on those glove and walls. Passed the game like Dead Space with a pistol and a shotgun. I practically didn’t use close combat at all. The glove was unbalanced, I refused it at some point.

Corridor locations are chic, in the best traditions of horror, these are tunnels with utilities and chambers and hospital labyrinths. This is darkness and flashing lamps and sudden scares. Very high-quality design and elaboration of textures and sound, one suit of the main character is worth something - I will develop my respect for this.

I treat the game as a short story without claiming to be epic. Within this framework, she justified herself 100%. I played slowly to feel the atmosphere and was pleased with the experience (impression, experience). For the first passage of 22 achievements out of 26.
PS I wrote this in the comments to some article, and then I saw that the reviews were in another topic. Duplicated here, as in the topic of reviews. If the moderator deems it necessary, please delete one of the posts. I'm sorry.

m
macsim702 20.01.23

Disgusting melee and dodge system. Why did you have to do that? the pistol and all ranged weapons were made specially low-powered, long reloading and practically without a cartridge. So that you can personally "enjoy" this moronic qte with evasions, who are interested in the first hour, and then it turns into a hellish routine, torment and constant death. Dislike.

S
Skiv101 20.01.23

Sanya 21
It's strange ... I had drawdowns only at the beginning on the same 3060. Despite the fact that in addition to the vidyuhi, all my components are terribly ancient.

G
Gorilla90 20.01.23

Skiv101
patch is out, so there are no wild drawdowns

s
saa0891 20.01.23

bwana tomatto wrote:
The gameplay is varied, many times better than in Dead Space. Do you want stealth?
I also liked the game, especially in terms of location design, atmosphere, but it’s kind of strange to talk about diversity in this game, in fact it’s a pathetic parody of Dead Space, everything is presented here in some kind of maximally castrated and truncated form, one combo Karl, it’s even it’s not funny, it’s annoying after a couple of hours (and the system of evasions and blocks is very controversial), to focus on hand-to-hand combat and add only one weapon, seriously, just one suit according to the script that you can’t even pump at least for defense.
Firearms, compared to Dead Space, are generally as dull as possible (yes, in Dead Space only one plasma cutter is many times cooler, not to mention the dart gun, detonator, etc.), for some reason, instead of different guns, they added two shotguns and two pistols, well I'm not even talking about the variety of enemies, Lord, there are only two Bosses.
Stealth, by the way, is also very limited and available only in certain places, for example, The Evil Within in this regard is just a lot cooler, although I agree that it adds some variety.
The same applies to the kinetic glove, it is dull compared to what it was in Dead Space, so there was also stasis.
In terms of gameplay, it just completely merges Dead Space, there were still locations with low gravity and vacuum.
The plot and lore even compare silly.

b
bwana tomatto 20.01.23

saa0891
Everything you wrote about weapons is all taste and not the truth.
For example, I went through both Dead Spaces with the first cutter without using the rest of the weapon in any way, because I consider it dull. This is a matter of taste
Callisto I went through with the first pistol and shotgun because it came to me. He didn’t beat with a club, but shot off his legs and trampled. This is also a matter of taste.
The firearm is excellent in Callisto, very coolly implemented, there are no complaints about it at all.
When I write about the variety of gameplay, I mean the choice of ways to kill mobs at a given time - these ways have increased relative to Dead Space, that's what I had in mind. And the fact that some methods are a matter of taste is an indisputable fact. Yes, the same close combat, even it has some zest.
You write about a pathetic parody, I do not agree with this because Callisto was made by a man who did Dead Space.
What to expect from a man who created dead space? Assassin Creed Egypt? From him you can only expect Dead Space, which he did as he saw.
Regarding the kinetic glove - this is an unbalanced technique, I refused the glove.
Regarding the 2 bosses, this is a real flaw. I can say the same about the fact that the game is short.
It can be seen that people did with all the money that they had, it was clear that there was not enough finance.
But from the game, I personally got what I expected. And ... this is also a matter of taste.

s
saa0891 20.01.23

bwana tomatto wrote:
Everything you wrote about weapons is all taste and not the truth.
For example, I went through both Dead Spaces with the first cutter without using the rest of the weapon in any way, because I consider it dull. This is a matter of taste
What kind of nonsense, what does the taste of the code have to do with diversity in one or another element, the fact that you went through with one cutter is your problem, the very fact of having different weapons and various elements is important.

bwana tomatto wrote:
gameplay diversity
The variety of gameplay is the total set of elements of the game, when you add hand-to-hand combat and at the same time make only one combo (ok, you can still shoot or block with a pistol) and one melee weapon, there’s no need to talk about any variety, in fact, this is one of The main shortcomings of the game, hand-to-hand combat initially implies the presence of various strikes, combinations and a lot of melee weapons.
So there is also pumping as truncated as possible.

bwana tomatto wrote:
I do not agree with this because Callisto was made by the man who made Dead Space.
I was also waiting for the game to be at least at the level of Dead Space, starting with the plot and ending with the gameplay, but I got some kind of neutered, stripped-down version.

bwana tomatto wrote:
Regarding the kinetic glove - this is an unbalanced technique, I refused the glove.
Here again you write about yourself and the fact that you don’t use something, that’s not the point, but the presence of a mechanic in the game and how they are implemented, in Dead Space the kinetic module and the dismemberment system gave just an awesome challenge, you could shoot off a limb and the same launch a limb at the enemy, you could take some object and cut off a limb with it or just launch it at the enemy, you could slow it down with stasis, again, the dismemberment system in Dead Space was unique, the developers simply broke the stereotype that the head is the weakest point, if you shot off the head of a necromorph, he only became angrier and ran towards you with double speed.

I won’t argue anymore, it’s just rather strange that a person writes about diversity when everything in the game is as castrated and stripped down as possible, with almost all elements, and when compared with the Dead Space series, The Callisto Protocol is worse in many components.

b
bwana tomatto 20.01.23

saa0891 wrote:
What kind of nonsense, what does the taste of the code have to do with diversity in this or that element, the fact that you went through with one cutter is your problem, the very fact of having different instances or elements is important.
I will explain: when I choose one among the variety, this is taste. You call it my problems.
Further, I did not even read this footcloth.
I expressed my opinion, it may differ from other opinions. Familiarly and persistently convincing me that my taste is wrong - this is nonsense.

s
saa0891 20.01.23

bwana tomatto
I don't need to explain what taste is, we were arguing about the diversity in the game (you can easily count the presence of certain elements), whether you use something or not does not negate the fact that in The Callisto Protocol everything is in what then castrated or cut down version, that's the whole point.

b
brock samson 20.01.23

awareness of greatness
and where is the reference with the stairs in general, calisto is a stupid reference, not the first kosoms

b
brock samson 20.01.23

I didn’t have any expectations from the game
passed and after passing the game I’ll say that it’s stupidly dead space only without an engineer who disagrees I invite you to go right away or before, the first dead space I think after you agree
in general with the game I’m happy waiting for the continuation as the ending hints

d
dmi_kos 20.01.23

i5 11400f + 16 RAM + rtx 3060 12gb, not very comfortable to play, gameplay video in the spoiler, drawdowns are frequent, really not very comfortable.
I played for about 7 hours, I won’t write much about the game, but I’ll say this - I regretted that I bought it. it’s not worth the money, but for some reason it draws in, that is, the understanding that the game, so to speak, roughly speaking, failed, does not kill the desire to play it, and now it turns out to be such an ambiguous opinion.
Spoiler

G
G-1 20.01.23

The developers outplayed everything. Everyone thought that this was grandfather space, but in the end it is clear that this is a resident of IVL. Seriously though, the game seems to be short, but at the end it gets tiring, crawling on all fours, the same boss, long ammo crafting, but it might be worth it for its offline activation. If it were not for the problems with the optimizon and not the denuva, there would have been people's love and, in general, the debut of the year.

E
El_Trolo 20.01.23

dmi_kos
The only thing that failed here is your pitch)

S
SpacePRedator014 20.01.23

Vintoni
I upgraded my baton and glove two levels, all the way, except for the last one I upgraded the baton to the third for damage.
The weapon also pumped in well, only the combat pistol and the Skunk I had 2 modules left to open in my opinion, and not, the combat pistol 3 modules, because I can’t even say that I appreciated it and used it mainly because the single-shot ended, but I tried all the corners rummage through what happened, but there is seriously not enough money for a full leveling, because the last modules are just a hell of a lot expensive, a club is 2700, a rifle is generally 4500 in my opinion, despite the fact that from the same mini-bosses you get a cryptographer that costs 1000, however and the mini-bosses themselves, in my opinion, are less than 10 pieces per game, but they probably did it in such a way that it would be balanced, because, in principle, the firearm after pumping the damage becomes very powerful, I counted running with an assault rifle and it brought down enemies quite well, it was especially convenient for her to wet the two-headed biophage, which is a type of mini-boss.