3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 20.01.23 01:38 pm

Your feedback and reviews for the game (The Callisto Protocol)

Share your feedback on the game. This is not a topic for discussing the game - here you need to write only your personal impressions of the game.
104 Comments
Sort by:
300successes 20.01.23

Now if anything) https://www.cybersport.ru/blog/games/obzor-the-callisto-protocol-ideinaia-no-ne-do-kontsa

v
vald11 20.01.23

Chinese dead space for 5 kopecks (or almost). The level of self-repetition of elements (and sometimes entire episodes) from the trilogy about dead space is, of course, off scale. Not that I'm against it, but I would like something original. There are few enemies, and all of them are straight generic uninteresting. If Necromorphs have become in some sense cult opponents in the history of the industry, then biophages certainly will not. The weapons are also nothing special. If ds had all sorts of cutters, circular saws, all with an interesting design, which allowed them to crash into memory and immediately pop up in memories with only one mention - Dead Space, then this is not even close. The combat is all clumsy, if you do not take close and long-range combat, then the whole game only two mechanics are constantly exploited: with stringing the enemy on the same spikes and throwing an explosive cylinder. Bosses - trash, The game has no ending. The visuals are good, in some scenes it's generally excellent. The way the actors were scanned, their facial animations are just 5 points. Awesome sound work. The 3d sound of opponents moving through the ventilation shafts or, for example, the sound of the rotating blades of a huge fan is really impressive, it even becomes somehow uncomfortable. According to the head of the studio, the developers are young, and you can feel it. But despite the fact that the game did not quite work for me, I would like to pay tribute to both the publisher and the developers that in times of dominance of online and open-word drochev, preference is given to the good old single. The 3d sound of opponents moving through the ventilation shafts or, for example, the sound of the rotating blades of a huge fan is really impressive, it even becomes somehow uncomfortable. According to the head of the studio, the developers are young, and you can feel it. But despite the fact that the game did not quite work for me, I would like to pay tribute to both the publisher and the developers that in times of dominance of online and open-word drochev, preference is given to the good old single. The 3d sound of opponents moving through the ventilation shafts or, for example, the sound of the rotating blades of a huge fan is really impressive, it even becomes somehow uncomfortable. According to the head of the studio, the developers are young, and you can feel it. But despite the fact that the game did not quite work for me, I would like to pay tribute to both the publisher and the developers that in times of dominance of online and open-word drochev, preference is given to the good old single.

3Dionis 20.01.23

A very good game. Pleased. The action is juicy, tough. The combat is cool. The graph is dragging.
Atmospheric, dark. At the highest level of difficulty, sometimes it can be dumb and hardcore.
Optimization in general.

k
kolinmah 20.01.23

Xasthar
Where did you get the cheats?

k
kolinmah 20.01.23

I play on 3060ti. On average, it holds 80 fps, without rays, at maximum speeds. The patches have already fixed the optimizon.
Graphonist, bahato. Combat seems to be normal. Plays without stress. Haven't really gotten into the story yet. But so far he hasn't rejected it. The howls of gamers above are incomprehensible to me. In general, the game looks decent on bezrybe.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Am I the only one who doesn't listen to manual saves? Yesterday I ran around, looted loans and splashes, survived. I go in, I start at the checkpoint. An hour of festivities in the void ...

R
RicoChico 20.01.23

BDmitriy
This is kind of a feature of local saves.

As I found out that the game has an emphasis on hand-to-hand combat, I was immediately disappointed in the game.
Any normal horror is based on the fact that you do not want the enemy to come to you at arm's length. This psychologically acts as an irritant. Hand-to-hand combat should be a last resort.
And then the GG beats the spreaders of the infection with a stick as if nothing had happened. Like it's some kind of piñata.
And after the battle, he is covered in their blood, without any protection.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

RicoChico
Days Gone reminded me - manual saves were screwed visually (menu), but in order to work - no, no, save by the bike.

I myself am thinking of turning on auto-evasion, but then I’ll probably fall asleep

W
Walter Bulgakov 20.01.23

RicoChico
We've got a tough nut to crack story here. Quick response to fast growing farts.
Hand-to-hand combat is quite a normal choice. Just because of the need to approach, and not arrange another shooting range.

And the rest. The game went very well . The
setting, the story.
So far, at the very beginning, in fact. Still in a prisoner's uniform, but I didn't want to go out (I play 1.5-2 hours a week)

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

BDmitriy wrote:
I'm thinking of turning on auto dodge myself, but then I'll probably fall asleep.
You should have turned on auto dodge in darksouls...
Modern gamers - play on easy, with auto dodges, and cheats can also be tweaked. And then they complain more, they tend to sleep.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Slipnot6
In Dark Souls, this is core gameplay. Here it is partially tied up, so it’s possible to pass with a firearm from the second half (or from after the first third, I don’t remember exactly). Moreover, the game itself makes it possible to disable this. As for cheats - not for me, unrealistic boredom, fun for about 5 minutes. Yes, I'm not a fan of tryharding on high difficulties, I enjoy the plot more (if possible)

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Just passed. I’ll write briefly (I don’t like to roll sheets): I played on medium, occasionally the game twitched, but basically, there were 60 frames. I liked the gameplay itself, it's nice to play, I got used to dodging, in principle, quickly. With the advent of the shotgun, it has become even easier. In fact, only he is needed + the main baton. He used his paw only to get loot boxes in hard-to-reach places. The game almost constantly tried to scare with sounds and sharp attacks, but somehow everything looked at it with a poker face. The plot is mediocre, the reserve for the continuation is obvious (if the stars align). Frustrated by the system of console autosaves - what the hell is the ability to save manually if it does not work? I did not meet critical bugs, only on trifles. The game quite suited me in terms of duration - not super short and did not feel drawn out

d
dexterous 20.01.23

The game leaves personal thoughts

A
Alexander_00 20.01.23

For the thousands who hate this game (and this is most likely mostly Dead Space fans), let me remind you: Igromania at one time gave the first part of Dead Space seven points out of ten. Then I was in full solidarity with the crowd who were indignant at that assessment. Now, I completely agree with Playgrond's assessment of The Callisto Protocol. The game is good. Yes, not a masterpiece. And God be with him.
I'll tell you right away on the technical side. I don't take lag into account. I play on the fourth Sonya. Everything is fine. Brakes and freezes are not noticed.
The Callisto Protocol has a lot to love. First, the visual component. Graphics from start to finish are pleasing to the eye. Facial animation, drawing details. Everything is at a very high level. Drops of sweat on the close-ups of the faces of the heroes, various anatomical details, causing a stormy maniac delight.
By the way. In such games as, for example, The Last of us 2 or Gears of war, where, well, shooting from a shotgun is simply insanely cool, it, this very shotgun, is insultingly small. But in The Callisto Protocol, you can enjoy it to your heart's content. Flying limbs, deliciously bursting enemy heads, recoil, sound, splashes of guts and blood (a shotgun in games is a gift, you need to appreciate it). It's just a dream for gamers. And with such elaborate detail. Only for this you can forgive the game a lot without looking. And coupled with an excellent tactical hardcore combat system (for God's sake, immediately turn off all auto-targeting and auto-evasion in the options and set a decent level of difficulty), the battles in the locations turn into works of art. Yes, it happens, if you don’t catch yourself in time, they turn into a bunch. But. For example, in the same Dead Space, there were many times more such piles, and most often the player there came out of them safe and sound, simply by shooting a crowd of enemies that had piled on from his rich arsenal. The intensity of the fight was lost, the gameplay sagged accordingly. It won't work that way here. Mistakes in timing and fight planning are almost always fatal. This is great.
The Callisto Protocol impressed me with its gameplay. The simple plot ridiculed by dissatisfied players works great for him, as does the hallway level design. Honestly, I am very surprised by such a wave of negativity.

s
saa0891 20.01.23

Alexander_00 wrote:
with excellent tactical hardcore combat system
Hmm, I just don’t understand how this castrated stump, with a couple of combo strikes, with one melee weapon (this is generally some kind of complete insanity in a game where the emphasis is on melee weapons), with one spacesuit that you get according to the script and which cannot be pumped at least on defense, you can call it an excellent combat system, moreover, in this game everything is in some kind of castrated and stripped down form, starting from a variety of enemies and bosses (only two bosses are just some kind of parody) and ending with weapons, why did you even need to add essentially no different two pistols and two shotguns, instead of adding something different from a sniper rifle to a grenade launcher or some more unique weapon like in the same Deda Space,yes, the developers wanted to focus primarily on hand-to-hand combat, but at the same time they made this main element some kind of miserable stump, and even with these stupid QTE dodges, where you don’t need any skills at all, just press the button and GG will dodge himself.

A
Alexander_00 20.01.23

saa0891
Well, for starters, this game does not focus on melee weapons. It is presented only in one copy, when as a firearm in several. I also can’t find a connection between the number and variety of guns and good combat. Why does everyone need an arsenal so much, as in the thought, so that the game is considered normal? Secondly, everything is known in comparison. In Dead Space, hand-to-hand combat is generally a problem. But in some Sifu she is much cooler.
I do not argue, the game has flaws. But the lack of variety in the guns and the insufficient number of combos are not disadvantages. This is a feature of the game. Moreover, it is quite organic.
As for the small number of bosses, it's generally ridiculous. Why does the game have to have bosses? Who decided so?

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

saa0891 wrote:
QTE dodges, where you don't need any skills at all, just press the button and GG will dodge himself.
Did you go through it on easy with cheats, or on YouTube? The game has a good combat system with excellent impact.
The game has enough melee variability, I already described it somewhere here:
The battle starts - you dodge / hit according to the situation - if the enemy is healthy and has both limbs, then he can turn from 1 to 3 hits - you look at the animations, dodge - you counterattack, depending on the pumping of the stick, you hit from 2 to 3 times, with the ability to throw the enemy back with a powerful blow - the enemy can block the attack and interrupt the combo - dodge - if the stick is pumped, you break his block and arm, you get extra. combo - when an enemy's limb flies off, the threat becomes less, since his chain of blows is reduced to one - if you have a firearm, you use it at the end of the chain of blows to finish off the enemy or stop to continue the combo - you finish it off. Those who spit are attracted with a glove and beaten. Are there traps? throw enemies at them. With a pumped glove, even on hard, you can one-shot enemies during throws.
Is not that enough for you? More combos? Have you decided to stuff SSS style there like in the devil's land? I would have yelled later - this is not a horror, this is a slasher! Don't like dodging? And you wanted to masturbate as in honor or something? I myself would then cry from hardcore and asked to turn it off. The normal dodge system is to react in time and not do 2 dodges in one direction in a row. They could only add some kind of stamina strip so that it would be impossible to do this all forever. In the space model, the only way to dodge was to run away from the enemy, a very advanced mechanic. What are your options?

Having completed the game 4 times, three of which are on hard, I will say that the combat does not let you get bored and skirmishes with opponents are always spectacular and entertaining, and there is always the opportunity to get screwed up. Fighting several opponents at once is so dishonest and difficult? Just like in life, if you were intercepted behind the garages by 2+ gopniks, realism. Use the tools that the game has given you to get out.
Two shotguns - in different slots. The first for the pistol cell and into the second slot. Double-barreled and automatic. Did you also complain about this? There were also 2 of them.
One pistol is essentially a revolver, the other is an automatic. Have you used them? They are not the same.
In grandfather space, out of 4 bosses, only the mind of the hive and the regenerator were something, and the spider and biomass were static targets in the shooting range. And count how many times an armored one occurs? Probably no less than two-headed. Drop your fanboyism and go hate something else.

s
saa0891 20.01.23

Alexander_00 wrote:
In Dead Space melee is generally a problem.
It’s not there at all, you can only crush some little reptile and trample on a corpse to knock out loot, it’s useless to beat, the whole point of Dead Space is not to let ncromorphs in, otherwise they will chop you pretty quickly, but there are no problems with a variety of weapons, each has an original mechanics, starting with a plasma cutter, a sawmill and ending with a power pistol, a dart launcher and a detonator, what can we say that the dismemberment system in conjunction with the kinetic module is much more interesting and diverse, not to mention stasis, zones with vacuum and lack of gravity, plus It also has different puzzles.

Alexander_00 wrote:
I also can’t find a connection between the number and variety of guns and good combat. Why is it that everyone needs an arsenal so much, as in a thought
? The connection is very simple, if you do hand-to-hand combat, then there should be at least a choice from a large number of melee weapons, moreover, these weapons should also differ in attack speed, damage and various damage, if you have the emphasis on firearms, then it should be in abundance and, again, it should be different, and The Callisto Protocol is just some kind of scanty set with everything in all elements.

Alexander_00 wrote:
But the lack of diversity in guns and not enough combos are not disadvantages.
This is just one of the biggest drawbacks (and in any game, not only in this one), because with one combo blow you can hit it in a couple of hours, and this stupid dodge in the form of QTE just freezes, everything is sad with a firearm too.

Alexander_00 wrote:
As for the small number of bosses, it's generally ridiculous. Why does the game have to have bosses? Who decided so?
It is quite obvious that games of this genre should have interesting bosses and difficult bosses, you can praise this stump as much as you like, but I don’t even know not to notice such frank shortcomings.
And this despite the fact that Glen Scofield has three parts of Dead Space behind him, I understand if this was his first game.

s
saa0891 20.01.23

Slipnot6 wrote:
Did you go there on easy with cheats, or on YouTube?
In this topic, my saves are at the maximum level of difficulty.
https://forums.playground.ru/callisto_protocol/sohranenie_delimsya_sejvami-1017401/
I never play games on easy, so this game is much easier than other games in this genre starting from Dead Space 1,2.3,The Evil Within 1 ,2 and ending with the same RE, so it also merges all these games in many components.

Slipnot6 wrote: The
game has enough melee variability
There was enough variability if there were different melee weapons. With different pumping, starting from attack speed and ending with different effects, various combo attacks with different finishing moves, it doesn’t fit in my head how this stump can be called an excellent tactical hardcore combat.

Slipnot6 wrote:
Fighting multiple opponents at once is so unfair and difficult?
Seriously, because of the stupid QTE evasion, you don’t even need to do anything, the GG automatically dodges, just hold down the buttons, no timings and various animations that you need to follow, oh yes, it’s not a slasher, so it will do.

slipnot6 wrote:
Is not that enough for you? More combos? Have you decided to stuff SSS style there like in the devil's land? I would have yelled later - this is not a horror, this is a slasher! Don't like dodging? And you wanted to masturbate as in honor or something?
You apparently only have black and white, with shades of big problems, who even said that a game should be made into a slasher, well, if you add hand-to-hand combat as one of the main mechanics, then the variety is at least 4-5 copies in weapons, defense, various strikes and there should be any combo attacks.

Slipnot6 wrote:
Two shotguns - in different slots.
I didn’t give up two completely identical pistols and a shotgun, I’m interested in playing with different weapons, the same goes for melee weapons and the combat system, I just don’t understand how you can justify such specific shortcomings even if you liked the game.

Slipnot6 wrote:
In the grandfather space, out of 4 bosses, only the mind of the hive and the regenerator were something
It is necessary to look not only at the first part, but at the whole series, and given that Glen Scofield had such a colossal experience, I don’t understand how he could give out such a stump, because in the game not one element was not done at the proper level, the only thing that really pleased me was of course, the level design, detailing, lighting and picture, well, the sound is also at the level, everything else was disappointing, even after passing, nothing was opened, no new weapons, costumes or some other goodies, as I wrote, the game is maximally neutered in everything .

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

saa0891 wrote:
great tactical hardcore combat.
Well, he obviously screwed up.
saa0891 wrote:
how can this stump be called
Well, here you obviously turned down.